Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jamee1
08 Mar 21 22:35
| Topic/replies: 1,021 | Blogger: jamee1's blog
Horses were pulled up around the far turn due to a pony down on the track in the stretch.
Pause Switch to Standard View Parx R11 no race
Show More
Report swiftynifty March 8, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
where the hell did that come from?!

And was the race 8 DQ correct, didn't see it?
Report jamee1 March 9, 2021 12:22 AM GMT
I assume one of the ponies that accompany the race horses to post or perhaps one of the outrider horses must have collapsed heading away from the gate at the off.

The R8 DQ was a tight call. The 5 swerved left coming out of the gate and did badly bump into the 4, but IMHO was the kind of event they would more often than not get away with.
Report swiftynifty March 9, 2021 3:11 PM GMT
cheers jamee. They often seem to come out of the stalls skew-whiff in the States on dirt, the UK stewards wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 9, 2021 5:50 PM GMT
Parx is pretty strict on interference
Any other tracks that the experienced on here consider particularly strict?
Report jamee1 March 9, 2021 9:32 PM GMT
As it happens Parx is bang on average for DQ involving the top 4 as a % of total races. Parx is slightly more likely to have an objection or inquiry but stewards are slightly less likely to DQ with one negating the other.  As you would expect there is a wide variance across the tracks. eg in the last year 6.7% of races at Delta have resulted in an inquiry or objection involving the top 4 compared to just 2.4% at Aqueduct. All important considerations when it comes to trading in running!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 10, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
Superb jamee, tyvm for your insight. Happy
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 21, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
Got done by a stewards @ Hawthorne tonight
Laid the 3rd but first two home were dq'ed
2 weeks winnings gone.
Gutted
Report wisewords March 21, 2021 10:44 PM GMT
unlucky jumping. someone just backed Pistol Box down into 1.01 there in the 6th race but it came 2nd
Report Wesdag March 22, 2021 5:05 PM GMT

Mar 21, 2021 -- 5:22PM, Jumping-cuckoo-monk wrote:

Got done by a stewards @ Hawthorne tonightLaid the 3rd but first two home were dq'ed2 weeks winnings gone.Gutted

wow, the perils of US racing

Plain

Report jamee1 March 22, 2021 7:36 PM GMT

Mar 21, 2021 -- 5:22PM, Jumping-cuckoo-monk wrote:

Got done by a stewards @ Hawthorne tonightLaid the 3rd but first two home were dq'ed2 weeks winnings gone.Gutted

Really unlucky, JCM. Seen two horses get DQ'd in the same race a few times, but that's the first time I've seen 3rd PTP get promoted to 1st in the years I've been playing US racing.

Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 25, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
The 2 dqued were leading in stretch and a horse tried to squeeze between them and hit the deck

Never dreamed that the stewards would hold both 1st and 2nd past the post equally culpable Cry

Went out to walk the dog not worried about the Stewards and came back seeing a chunk of my balance missing!

Ah well, I'm over it now, can you tell? Laugh

Thanks guys Cool
Report Wesdag March 26, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
Just out of interest, did you lay it before or after the interference?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 27, 2021 5:14 PM GMT
fractionally before, nowt in it though.
Report Wesdag March 27, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
Well that's really unlucky.

As you probably, you never want to get involved if there's interference even if the winning distance is a furlong.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com