Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
10 Oct 12 14:43
| Topic/replies: 15,691 | Blogger: stu's blog
This needs it's own vehicle IMO - being underrated by most I feel following the first week.

Key factors - he's already a vote winner, demonstrates a decent fanbase in taking out AMY who was a strong vote contender.
Regional support will be great for him (Liverpool area closely behind North east for that IMO).

I'm not sure I can really see him winning, solely because of Ella - but I can see him beating the rest (who are nothing really).
Pause Switch to Standard View ****The Baloney Bandwagon to....about...
Show More
Report GeorgeBrush December 1, 2012 1:16 AM GMT
The bloke who sold me 40 at 200 has finally turned up Grin
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 1, 2012 1:20 AM GMT
Will be good value when James leaves on Sunday. Wink
Report GeorgeBrush December 1, 2012 2:01 AM GMT
Lumper given up already
Report scampi December 1, 2012 3:51 AM GMT
Where Malony's hidden votes could come from: My Mum, my Gran & my Uncle all want him to win (they would never take part in an online poll).  Anyone else on this thread that has relatives that would like Malony to win?
Report stu December 1, 2012 8:42 AM GMT
My missus: Because I ordered her to. Mischief
Report Pete Watermelon December 1, 2012 2:49 PM GMT
Guys, there shouldn't be a bottom two tonight? Would I be right in thinking that TPTB will be exercising an option to have a bottom 2 if Baloney is in? Surely, on a normal night, there would be no option for the judges to save?
Report stu December 1, 2012 2:51 PM GMT
Been reported in press that no B2, so would doubt they will consider going back on it now. Would be unprecedented at this stage for a start, even if they hadn't stated that.
Been reported in press that no B2, so would doubt they will consider going back on it now. Would be unprecedented at this stage for a start, even if they hadn't stated that.
oops, needed saying twice.
Report Pete Watermelon December 1, 2012 3:07 PM GMT
The iPad dupes a lot. UJ were a sound bet at Evens then if there was deffo no B2.
Report Henry VIII December 2, 2012 11:28 AM GMT
Chris sang “winner” to me last night. Both his songs sung well. Jahmene with his potential but always failing to deliver and getting rather tedious. James back to his tattoos and anguish. James de-ramped in his second song too - red and black and inside of a ripped heart.

They don’t want James to win, so as to retain his “credibility”. And have accepted that he can’t win anyway. An honourable 3rd is planned for him. Planned after is a nail biting final - golden boy Jahmene v maverick wildcard Chris. They’d like Jahmene of to win course but they only get the actual winner they want half of the time. And this time they won’t. Thanks to our man, Liverpool, and the fair minded GBP.
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 11:34 AM GMT
Doh you made me take my 500 lay down..I used to be decisive but now I'm not so sure.

Golden Rule 1....marmite can't win.....so least marmite wins...that is Jahmene. Tell me how he wins on the night then Henry voting wise?
Report Henry VIII December 2, 2012 11:47 AM GMT
Voting will increase in the final but I think votes will be massively down on usual. Chris has won every week we know about. So I was waiting for last night.

And last night was great for him.  Nobody else stepped up and there was nothing to stop Chris's momentum, indeed the nan VT confirmed to me what I've always said -  they want him in the final. What is a better story? What is more gripping?
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 11:54 AM GMT
mmm not sure about Chris having momentum. Too marmite to be making new friends I'd have thought.  He say has 25% do or die loyal fans but does that win a 3 way? Not a believer in vote transference but him and Jahmene last 2 standing surely at least some of the 75% Chris haters' votes go to jahmene.

Of course performances need to be factored in and he could do YNWA and look the class act. But that aside don't the maths feck him like they do all marmites in the end?

Interestingly the HG has him ahead of UJ which is unusual so may let my green ride and take the risk they go tonight. 4/5 looks value given their history and plain bad performances last night.
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 11:55 AM GMT
...but I'm shyte at elimination betting
Report Cider December 2, 2012 11:55 AM GMT
7.55 million average for xf semi. More people watching the soaps every night.
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 12:00 PM GMT
and 10/11 under 14m in the final?  Didn't have a bet mind.
Report Cider December 2, 2012 12:02 PM GMT
Yep, final and peak so will be a lot higher when the result is announced on Sunday
Report Henry VIII December 2, 2012 12:16 PM GMT
Chris is marmite but I can’t see people who don’t like him voting for the competition regardless of what the competition do. (It’s different from BB which is purely an acceptance of rejection of someone’s personality.) The competitors have to step up and sing better than him and they can’t.

In his favour is the perceived XF campaign against him. Perceived subconsciously to be sick as XF’s own pre-act VTs they show every Saturday are all about conquering adversity and recovery from bad treatment.
Report TheMadness December 2, 2012 12:19 PM GMT
Maloney's singing style is less marmite than the other 2 guys imo. He's rather inoffensive compared to them actually
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 12:44 PM GMT
singing style yes (despite GB thinking it is niche.....) but to be as heavily marmite as an act/personality makes me think that a lot of the GBP are very sheeplike in their following of the relentless deramp.  Would he be 30 v 70 if they had been fair with him each week...would he be here still?
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 12:47 PM GMT
Actually a fair critique of him last night for the first time

The second effort was his worst of the series
Report TheMadness December 2, 2012 12:57 PM GMT
Looks to me like he's had strong support from the getgo, before any of the spitefulness started
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 1:03 PM GMT
It started week1

He was about the best of the night, and I commented at the time
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 2:30 PM GMT
Then what has made the 70% treat him like the anti Christ?
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 2:31 PM GMT
May be less than 70% actually and I am making a new year's resolution to boycott twitter.
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 3:09 PM GMT
70% believe the judges?
Report ajchrisbro December 2, 2012 3:19 PM GMT
yes GB 70% of folk who dont vote believe the judges
and 70% of people who bet believe the judges

the truth is out there you just need to look futher
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:29 PM GMT
But to believe the judges you have to hold multiple non sequiters in your head at the same time.  Orwell's Double Think makes sense in comparison.

Chris has a great voice and this is a singing competition but he is to be hated.  Rylan can't sing but can prance about the stage and is good and to be loved as this isn't a singing competition.

I have seen the future and it is Cowell stamping on a face forever.
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 3:31 PM GMT
And yet you see no reason to back James
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:48 PM GMT
No, what are they? You give me reasons I should and I will tell you why not.  That's what forums are for:

1. HG clear cut.  Not infallible but as good a guide as any.
2. James has been in B2 and Jah hasn't.
3. Everything I see says james is far too left field for this show. Better off on the voice...only to be beaten by Leanne or similar.
4. If he is TCO it didn't show last night with the comments. 
5. Even if he is ramped the days when Cowell could be the puppet master are long gone...especially in absentium.
6. He needs a bath.
7. He was shyte last night so why is he going to get more votes than when he was slightly better?
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 3:50 PM GMT
You're losing objectivity. It reads like a Lou post
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:50 PM GMT
8. He is the antithesis of the Journey candidate. he keeps giving the public what they don't want.
9. His back story is pathetic...don't really see me mam n dad much now I'm on here
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:51 PM GMT
Your list now then please.
Report seebee December 2, 2012 3:51 PM GMT
What is HG?
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:51 PM GMT
His Gran
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:52 PM GMT
Mine not Chris'
Report seebee December 2, 2012 3:52 PM GMT
Oh...Grin thanks
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:53 PM GMT
Now I feel bad...it means Holy Grail and is code for my own polling system.
Report seebee December 2, 2012 3:54 PM GMT
Shocked how very dare you...
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:55 PM GMT
Laugh...GB likes to know what it says whilst slagging it off...how very Orwellian Wink
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 3:56 PM GMT
I'm just filling time while GB prepares his objective list for us Wink
Report seebee December 2, 2012 3:58 PM GMT
Will have to read it later...work beckons
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 4:17 PM GMT
Don't hold your breath Wink
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 4:17 PM GMT
Unless you are a scuba diver
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 4:19 PM GMT
Your HG is often good Bails. Apparently James is second at the moment. Maybe change tomorrow when you're back at work
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 4:28 PM GMT
Maybe GB...will let you know...WinkLove
Report Helmuthian Folds December 2, 2012 4:31 PM GMT
Last night they really tried their best to cull Baloney momentum.

Decent and fair critique for the first song which was no better than most of his previous efforts when they have slaughtered him.

Then his 'mentor's choice' is a Buble song that is so blatantly not suited to him.  he is a power ballad singer not a Buble-esque crooner, totally wrong for him and he still didn't get as bad comments as when he has previously nailed it.

If he is top this week they are fecked and Baloney will win but somehow i feel they will get Jahmene above him this week and then he will be runner up in the final.

Having said that James's first song this week was so bad it was embarrassing.
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 4:34 PM GMT
Keep up HF, we've all layed him now Wink
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 4:36 PM GMT
James is Grimshaw unwashed.
Report seebee December 2, 2012 5:52 PM GMT
Hang on...are we all supposed to have layed James or Chris? Wink
Report George Bailey December 2, 2012 5:55 PM GMT
Dunno..that's why I'm always happy to post my book...warts and all.
Report mach December 2, 2012 6:01 PM GMT
I have james and chris plus x
Jahmene plus 2.5 x
UJ plus 5 x
thats my book
Report Helmuthian Folds December 2, 2012 6:03 PM GMT
My Book...

Chris HappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
James Happy
Jahmene -
UJ Sad
Report stu December 2, 2012 6:04 PM GMT
to win or go mach?
Report mach December 2, 2012 6:05 PM GMT
outright market
Report mach December 2, 2012 6:08 PM GMT
if UJ survive I would have them trading in a 6-8 range, it's better value for me to back them in the elimination market this week than to lay UJ in my outrught book @26
thats why I'm plus 5 x , can't lay at the price
Report mach December 2, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
books change fast, looked at tv polls and made james and Jahmene  level with each other, no harm done back at better than I layedLaugh
Report bearcub December 2, 2012 7:26 PM GMT
X Factor

X Factor
Chris Maloney: I’m hurt at Simon Cowell’s lack of support
Chris Maloney is upset by Simon Cowell's vote efforts
Semi-finalist ... but Chris Maloney is upset by Simon Cowell's vote efforts
Rex

X FACTOR semi-finalist Chris Maloney has revealed he was “hurt” by reports Simon Cowell does not want him to succeed on the show.

The singer, 34, spoke out after Cowell was said to be trying to get people to stop voting for Chris because he did not want to sign him to his record label.

Rylan Clark then claimed bosses told staff and stars not to criticise Chris so he would not get so many sympathy votes.

And some insiders even claimed negative reports about the former cruise ship singer were manipulated by the music mogul and his team to damage Chris’s support.

Chris said: “It does hurt a little bit if Simon’s saying, ‘Don’t let them vote for me.’

“The general public; it’s their money and they can vote for who they like.”

If Chris goes through this week, he will perform in the final in Manchester next week.

But he denied having even thought about the final, adding: “I am just trying to get through day by day and week by week.

“It’s the semi-final and I’m grateful to get there.”
Report Helmuthian Folds December 2, 2012 7:49 PM GMT
Chris said: “It does hurt a little bit if Simon’s saying, ‘Don’t let them vote for me.’

The best Baloney quote yet!  He certainly knows how to play the game!! Excited
Report Danzaa December 2, 2012 7:59 PM GMT
The man's a genius
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 2, 2012 8:09 PM GMT
I'm starting to think Cowell actually wants him to win and has been building him up as the anti-hero to sell albums to the same market that bought his Robson & Jerome shyte. Laugh
Report STEPTOES YARD December 2, 2012 8:50 PM GMT
Great call
Report squares December 2, 2012 8:57 PM GMT
lovin' your work stuey boy
Report GeorgeBrush December 2, 2012 9:08 PM GMT
Well done everyone esp stu

landed
Report Dizzy42 December 2, 2012 11:59 PM GMT
Yes, nice one Stu - a great early shout, but Top 3 value until the end with 4/11 freely available even today.

Had 9/2 down to 6/5 myself, so along with the elimination lays that makes for my best ever pre-final profits (excluding Ella losses in the outright of course!).
Report stu December 3, 2012 1:04 AM GMT
We made it to the promised land...about 2nd or 3rd (that may include winning)...Grin
Report hemsby December 3, 2012 1:12 AM GMT
Does what it says on the tin Cool....for a variety of reasons (not just financial) I really hope he wins stu......great thread win or lose though n1 Happy
Report GeorgeBrush December 3, 2012 1:15 AM GMT
I hope the koont gets hit by a bus now Laugh

I have cast off the green goggles
Report GeorgeBrush December 3, 2012 1:16 AM GMT
Maybe not hit by a bus as the resulting void would seriously disturb my xmas
Report hemsby December 3, 2012 1:17 AM GMT
You've still got them on.....you're just looking at someone else Grin
Report GeorgeBrush December 3, 2012 1:18 AM GMT
Indeed, the winner bloke
Report johnnyrant December 3, 2012 9:47 AM GMT
Well done stu - fantastic call, up there with my selection of LM last year at 66-1, though fig took the plaudits for starting that train.

Kept my green on Chris & won a lot on him already courtesy of top 3 finish, & laying him for b2 every week up to last week. Would love to see him win more for his status as a protest winner & against the Syco machine which has tried to destroy him.

Can he do it? Yes, he can, but equal green for me on James. Jahmene is the one that is max red & will stay that way unless events of next weekend demand a drastic change of positions.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 3, 2012 10:13 AM GMT
Yes well done stu.  He could even win it.  No doubting he can sing, he's well in with a shout.  Good luck to you.
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OcVfrri_FjU&gl=GB

Someone who was clearly never on the train.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
You were still in bed the first time it was posted Wink
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 7:52 PM GMT
oh Laugh
Report Dizzy42 December 4, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
Worst thing is, I showed it to my missus and she said - "that's just like you!" ShockedCry

I obviously need to get out more...
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 8:16 PM GMT
Been backing Chris to go like Norwich Rob every week? Wink
Report Dizzy42 December 4, 2012 8:20 PM GMT
Ha, ha, not quite... I think she means shouting at the telly (mostly in jubilation I'm glad to say this series).  But perhaps I do take it a tad too seriously...
Report attitude adjuster December 4, 2012 9:31 PM GMT
that's the last time i let mrs aa watch the show in the other room Blush
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
Aye, she needs to be their to control your outbursts
Report attitude adjuster December 4, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
AngryTongue Out
Report pmbets December 5, 2012 12:41 AM GMT
Looking around many forums where sane people lurk who enjoy the x factor,I read their comments.
Most of them agree(I would say 90%) that Jahmene is the winner.
I think some on here don't like his voice.But really he sounds great.When I say great I mean he sounds like a real singer.
A real singer in the UK is very rare.Not only a real singer who sounds great singing a gospel song like angels but
also a big range song like 'Listen'
Jahmene has many stunning performances under his belt.The viewers are not stupid.Unless they don't like the guy I.e. rydian
they will vote the best singer as the winner.Many of you say he has a sob story.Ok but his last 2 performances one for his brother and
the other etta james at last where at a different level than the other contestants.
His likeability should not be underestimated(remember likeable Joe McElderry).
This will win him many votes too.
As for the woodentops still left .The gruesome twosome Baloney and James.Well on the likeability James vote will be next to zero.
He comes across as a bit of a threathening guy.Some of his remarks he has made are very questionable.
If they where made in the workplace the person making them would no doubt lose their job.
This is the X factor remember people.It's a family show in case you forgot.
AS for Mr Maloney.Well the joke is wearing a bit thin now.The village idiot could be a scipt writer for baloney.
The public are not stupid.They have read the papers.The audience boos him.They viewers all know he is not been bullied.
The way baloney talks 'It feel likes I am been bullied' and all that nonsense.It's like baloney knows that his only slim chance of
him winning is to live up to his name and go into hyperbaloney mode.Expect his nan to play the baloney game too.The only problem is
the viewers are all tired of his old clowns act now.
After the semis Jahmene will have a massive lead.He is the class of the field and he has been very consistant and
expect an improved perfomance from Jahmene now he has let something go after his sang for his brother.
This is my last post(for X factor 2012 so good luck whatever bets you have).
I see the final order as:-
1st :- Jahmene
2nd :- Maloney
3rd:-  James
Report mach December 7, 2012 7:18 PM GMT
can't wait to buy mineLaugh

https://twitter.com/KatieWeasel/status/277075012010246146/photo/1/large
Report pmbets December 8, 2012 2:55 PM GMT
I think he could up the price a bit if he renamed himself Chris Baloney.
Then some of the people who dislike him would give him a little respect for his honesty
Report hemsby December 8, 2012 10:02 PM GMT
Done what it said on the tin......blinding thread stu Cool
Report TheMadness December 8, 2012 10:03 PM GMT
Thread of the year imo
Report five leaves left December 8, 2012 10:16 PM GMT
yes, excellent thread stu
Report stu December 8, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
Good progression (as promised) - end of the line, but the boy did good. It's been emotional.
Report bearcub December 8, 2012 10:19 PM GMT
Well done Stu, hope you made plenty out of it Happy
Report Jim Duncan December 8, 2012 10:31 PM GMT
...great call Stu ~ hope you made plenty from it and your phone bill is not too high ~ bit vague of you to be saying 2nd or 3rd place though Wink
Report GeorgeBrush December 8, 2012 10:48 PM GMT
classic thread stu, hope you got off at my stop
Report Henry VIII December 8, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
Up until a recently I'd have loved Chris to win. That turned to an absolute longing for him to be kicked out tonight Grin

He's done well, bless him. Much better than he'd have done without the shakes. He'll be able to buy his nan a new kitchen after all.
Report Dizzy42 December 9, 2012 12:31 AM GMT
Great shout Stu, thread of the series without a doubt. To have tapped into this one so early and before all the leaks means you truly deserve the plaudits. Hope this will make it a very merry CHRIStmas for you!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 9, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
Fantastic stuff stu well done.  We all didn't think he'd get much furher than about half way so great shout.

A Merry Xmas to you and yours

Lou
Report TheFink December 9, 2012 2:40 PM GMT
Can't wait to see the voting figures. Almost certainly one of the most consistently mis-priced contestants I can remember.
Report stu December 9, 2012 3:02 PM GMT
Will remain my fave contestant probably for ever after this series, the amount he made me by staying in each week. Oddly, didn't make that much from his winners market prices!

At least his profits cushioned what would have been my worst year for many in losses on sports betting this year. Turned a disaster into an ok year (even though I had a mare again on the football yesterday).

I might even buy his album as a thank-you!
Report five leaves left December 9, 2012 3:29 PM GMT
Wait til it's reduced in price stu.
Report stu December 9, 2012 4:59 PM GMT
Probably be best Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com