Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Roger The Butler
02 May 15 23:14
| Topic/replies: 3,511 | Blogger: Roger The Butler's blog
Ok, sometimes you see the balls jump or straighten. But half the time it looks to me like a player misses and pulls a face to try to make out they were really unlucky with something out of their control and that they didn't really feck something up.

Then the commentators watch the replay - clearly see nothing at all as there is an awkward silence - but instead of saying "nothing there, I think he just fecked it" they very very unconvincingly  "erm, yes, he got a kick there".

Anyone else think half of these are just players trying to cover their arses and commentators just brown-nosing and going along with it?
Pause Switch to Standard View I'm sure half of these 'kicks' are...
Show More
Report sheppy123 May 3, 2015 9:27 AM BST
I think there's a lot of truth in this. Some players often blame their bad shots on something beyond their control like kicks, the crowd etc. and it's annoying that the commentators always seem to stick up for them. Neil Robertson is pretty bad for this. He often looks at the crowd or looks disgusted at what the balls have done to him.
Report gaza1962 May 3, 2015 9:48 AM BST
If you play snooker to a good standard you can see and more to the fact hear when there is a kick.
but yes some players do blame other things for a bad shot because in there mind they think they are doing every thing right on every shot.
Report winsamsoon May 3, 2015 10:27 AM BST
Every miss is a kick to Taylor and Virgo, this is where Hendry has been a breath of fresh air I'm the commentary box, calls it as it is.
Here's hoping himself and JV are teamed up for most of the final, probably Dennis and Ken first up tho unfortunately.
Report Angel Gabrial May 3, 2015 10:49 AM BST
Every miss is a kick to Taylor and Virgo

Personally, i think that this is pure `fiction` winsamsoon.....but carry on.
Report SabineIsGOAT May 3, 2015 12:26 PM BST
Taylor especially seems to have a habit of questioning almost every miss as having had a kick, and then when the replay suggests otherwise he's silent
Report trebor May 3, 2015 1:10 PM BST
I agree but not as big as the silence after Willie Thorne says that he really should have taken that opportunity to open the reds and lets see if it costs him, but the player still clears the table.
Report gerryd77 May 3, 2015 2:19 PM BST
Totally agree. But more so these 'big bounces'. They just hit it too hard. Stop making excuses for poor play.
Report Pokermonster May 3, 2015 4:09 PM BST
All of them are utter friction.
Report gobelins May 3, 2015 6:48 PM BST
Oh...that's your best yet pokermonster.
Report Roger The Butler May 3, 2015 9:46 PM BST
Yes the big bounces are good too. No one has over hit a shot this whole championship, they've just had big bounces.

I wonder how many players who have ended up inch perfect on balls have actually played underhit, sh1t shots that the big bounces have put right for them?
Report Pokermonster May 4, 2015 12:03 AM BST
Thank you very much, Gobelins, I'm here all week. Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com