Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
15 Mar 15 23:51
| Topic/replies: 22,417 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
anyone interested?? marginally more interesting than the indian open i suppose. White has just won that tourny and he is nearly evens to beat Milkins, is this the best bet of the first round??
Pause Switch to Standard View world grand prix
Show More
Report paddletoe March 20, 2015 11:45 PM GMT
Probably lovely a fella in person and he seems down to earth with a good sense of humour. He did give Trump a generous handshake at the end of tonights match to be fair.
Report Angel Gabrial March 20, 2015 11:46 PM GMT
Yes i will cue for them, take care chap. Go buy the son something nice Paddy.
Report Angel Gabrial March 20, 2015 11:47 PM GMT
Yes John, the pockets do narrow with a longish rest shot even when straight. When you hit 40ish!Cry
Report gentlemanjohn March 20, 2015 11:48 PM GMT
Ha i'd forgotten that MJW used to post here, wasnt that frequent a contributor back then but this was an interesting place, think there were a few pros regularly here. Gary Thompson was another i think, cant remember what name he used. Others I'm sure too
Report paddletoe March 20, 2015 11:50 PM GMT
Thanks Angel. Getting my little man something nice is actually a bad fault of mine as I spoil him too much. My favourite thing is taking him to rugby tots each week.

Have a nice weekend everyone else who I wont mention all by name but this is a nice little forum for some knowledgeable and light hearted chat.
Report Angel Gabrial March 20, 2015 11:54 PM GMT
There was a thread about the rather receptive pockets in the World Championships a few years ago, and i joked that they must be playing easy because MJW had progressed and showing some form after a period in the doldrums. Anyway i didn`t return to the thread for a day but when i did all hell had broken loose and Mark had called me an idiot and he was saying that the tables where playing as tough as ever. There was an exchange of views and i mentioned his cue action which seems rather crabby but works beautifully.
Report Angel Gabrial March 21, 2015 12:01 AM GMT
Oh and then he joined in on the `What is your highest break thread` well it was rather one sided as he actually posted how many 147`s and tons he had scored. Crazy numbers.
Report gentlemanjohn March 21, 2015 12:02 AM GMT
Nice one. In fairness to Mark, i think i'd have struggled too in his position to know if you were taking the michael or not. But feck me, getting into amusing scraps on a betting forum in the middle of a world champs isnt what i'd want from one of the best players of all time!! Hard to know how some of these guys lived before twitter
Report gentlemanjohn March 21, 2015 12:05 AM GMT
I would just like to point out - now that i've realised theres a better than evens chance Mark is actually reading this - i am a massive fan. Seems a thoroughly good bloke, a bit prickly i'd say, but never dull.
Report Angel Gabrial March 21, 2015 12:07 AM GMT
To be fair i have never really been in the `the pockets are like buckets` tribe, but was surprised he so confident around the table so i was kind of sitting on the fence.
Report Angel Gabrial March 21, 2015 12:19 AM GMT
Top bloke, hello Mark.
Report gentlemanjohn March 21, 2015 12:19 AM GMT
I never had a firm opinion on the pocket situation until last year's world champs, that was plainly ridiculous, more like barrels than buckets. Even davis was laughing about it during commentary at one stage
Report gentlemanjohn March 21, 2015 12:21 AM GMT
Yes please come back Mark. Angel forgives you!
Report thegiggilo March 21, 2015 12:35 AM GMT
Mark knows he's not even been out of second gear for 10 years,he's getting results but playing nothing like again it just shows hopw poor the rest must be..
Report tommo1000 March 21, 2015 7:48 PM GMT
bingham can barely hold his cue straight,is facing Ronnie that daunting,it`s not like it`s mma ffs
Report appformat March 22, 2015 9:48 AM GMT
If Judd can play his own game today he has a decent chance to lift the title imo.
after all, its really a bonus he got to the final at all...
Report The Bhoys March 22, 2015 10:42 AM GMT
Im a ronnie fan but i tell u what trump has a brilliant chance here
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 10:53 AM GMT
It should be close, although it depends on how Judd`s nerves hold up. It would be massive for him to beat Ronnie in big final like this.
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 11:49 AM GMT
Judds hth record v ronnie isnt bad, no reason judging by UK final he shouldnt run him close

Not too interested in betting but the over 2.5 centuries market is very tempting. If you could get close to evens on it, would be the bet of the year imo
Report trebor March 22, 2015 12:25 PM GMT
Judd's record in finals used to be amazing, I can not remember the actual number but he won just about every big final he was in as a amateur, then when he turned pro he won his first 3 finals, two against Selby and one against Hamilton, his next final was the World Championship final against Higgins, I will admit I really thought he would beat Higgins that day, but since that defeat his record in finals has been rather poor, losing more than he has won.
Personally I think he just became too 'flash' but like the way he seems knuckling down and playing this week, tho he did miss a few very easy shots yesterday.
Report pandora1963 March 22, 2015 2:11 PM GMT
what absolute junk standard this final has been so far
Report tommo1000 March 22, 2015 2:13 PM GMT
on the contrary I think it`s been quite goodWhoops
Report cricketnut2 March 22, 2015 2:18 PM GMT
Superb frame of snooker
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 2:32 PM GMT
TACTICALLY WEAK...POOOOOR
Report rewired March 22, 2015 3:07 PM GMT
trump just lacks bottle thats the problem
he didnt win yesterday gould lost it
and now hes giving it to ronnie because things not going well
sullivan not even playing well pity........
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 3:11 PM GMT
To be fair Judd`s form has been inconsistent all week so i wouldn`t put that down to bottle. They all suffer from stress in finals. Nothing new.
Report tommo1000 March 22, 2015 3:14 PM GMT
most likely the grind of the tour that`s bothering trump,the thought of having to catch a plane to Thailand for the next tinpot tournament,ronnie says **** off I`ll play when I want
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2015 3:35 PM GMT
should be 4-4 now and game on
Report thepunter March 22, 2015 3:41 PM GMT
Ronnie not in competition mood anymore, played his last couple of chances as if it was an exhib.
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:44 PM GMT
Its A WINGERS fest............
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:45 PM GMT
Its mine.....no its mine....

Wheres my lollypop
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 3:45 PM GMT
Plenty of whingers on here pecker!
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2015 3:46 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2015 3:46 PM GMT
osullivan wants no piece of thi
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:47 PM GMT
dick
Report thepunter March 22, 2015 3:47 PM GMT
This black refuses to be potted in the superior corner pockets.
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:49 PM GMT
the dick was to Judd btw...............Grin
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 3:51 PM GMT
Sorry ...Plenty of whingers on here Dick!
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 3:51 PM GMT
ohBlush
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:51 PM GMT
This is what happens when you play tough matches against the games rising star Martin Gould.
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:52 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report thepunter March 22, 2015 3:52 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 3:53 PM GMT
Martin has beaten the worlds greatest....walk a mile in his shoes and the criticize Dick!Grin
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 3:57 PM GMT
Yes, he might have diamonds on the souls of his shoes.........

But he still aint got the rocks........to be a WINNER.............
Report kenco March 22, 2015 4:00 PM GMT
Trump still looks like he's learning the game,so many amateurish shots..
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 4:03 PM GMT
He aint got the match play ability either Pecker. Hopefully our lives can move on now!LaughLaugh
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 8:45 PM GMT
Ronnie doesn`t want the 100K by the looks of it.
Report cricketnut2 March 22, 2015 8:55 PM GMT
Struggling this evening, the 2 frames, he has won, he had alot of the run of the balls
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 9:00 PM GMT
It's Trumps if he wants it
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2015 9:00 PM GMT
if trump cant beat him now he never will
Report rewired March 22, 2015 9:02 PM GMT
ronnie dont look too interested
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 9:08 PM GMT
Typical judd though, falling out of position there, pure carelessness...hard to have faith he'll do it
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2015 9:17 PM GMT
Fantastic brown!!
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:20 PM GMT
Was it a brilliant brown? If it was as close as he made it out to be he just had to aim to miss the blue to guide it onto the pocket!
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:20 PM GMT
Thumper has come of age!
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:23 PM GMT
And then he thumps one with his whole shoulder
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:23 PM GMT
Bottled it!
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
Ronni wins this now
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
Why Judd didnt smash the pack open is down to bottle
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
don't fancy Ronnie here at all to make this cleacnce
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2015 9:26 PM GMT
Great pink as well..
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:28 PM GMT
That was poor from Ronnie
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:29 PM GMT
Needs 2 snookers but shakes hands
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:30 PM GMT
Ronnie had that "look" on his face at the end when he used to be in his depressive moods. He just give in at the end.
Report BennyBinion1 March 22, 2015 9:30 PM GMT
Don't give a monkeys attitude from Ronnie.

Wishes he was anywhere else but there.
Report hfink March 22, 2015 9:30 PM GMT
Ronnie backers must feel a bit cheated with that performance. I thought the old moody Ronnie had gone, but obviously not! Sad
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 9:31 PM GMT
Last 12 frames 9-3 and Judd chucked away 2 of those early frames i think
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:32 PM GMT
No sympathy for Ronnie backers. Their man has run golden for a few years now. Even with the new Ronnie you have to factor the old Ronnie into yer bet.
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2015 9:34 PM GMT
Beat him with his B game,but to be fair to trump knew he wasn't playing well and tried not to give o'sullivan to many chances did very well to win.Can only be more to come from trump watching that..
Report paddletoe March 22, 2015 9:35 PM GMT
You cant say he chucked it to be fair other than his give up at he very end. He had not been playing great all week.
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 9:40 PM GMT
Would not read much into any of that, other than Sellers will be happy to get them.

Judd has alot to learn still and Ronnie has to be up early for a run.

Judd also talking a bit brethern like.
Report appformat March 22, 2015 9:42 PM GMT
Judd's much improved safety game won him this match. Put Ronnie under enormous pressure.
Thoroughly deserved win!
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:42 PM GMT
Did you notice the MOMENTUM SHIFT??????Laugh
Report peckerdunne March 22, 2015 9:47 PM GMT
TBH i did not think Judd played so well, not as well as in the earlier rounds....

Yeh i noticed Ronnie lost his Mojo

I think he was piss ed about summit or other..
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
I think McManus is correct, Ronnie is get fatigued and probably due to the ticking clock.

I really can`t see Ronnie being up for the World Championships grind.
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
Will do good for trump no doubt but pecker is right, he did not play well..could hardly really have lost under the circumstances
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2015 9:53 PM GMT
He was lucky to beat gould very lucky,first time I've seen him knuckle down tonight and play some class safety brings his A game along will be more than a handful for anyone,the big difference now is he knows he can beat anyone even when playing just his b game.That's a big break through for someone who just likes to attack,took jimmy 10 years taken trump 5...
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 9:54 PM GMT
At least Judd has that monkey off his back and onwards and upwards for Sheffield.
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 10:10 PM GMT
Ronnie's talking last week about quitting again, nobody takes him seriously of course but its the same sh!t he was goin on with 5 years ago when his head was totally gone and dont think a trip to china gonna do much to lift his mood. Does not bode well for the crucibe thats for sure
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2015 10:16 PM GMT
He's got away with murder the last 4/5 seasons just catching up with him now,eventually players had to start punishing him plus the yips are in the game now,no way back..
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 10:21 PM GMT
He is probably in the worst form of career right now and i`m sure that he senses snooker is doing his head in again. I notice that he is working with his investors on focusing on other projects. I think the end is nigh.
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2015 10:32 PM GMT
In fairness Angel theres no logical reason why he shouldnt be in the worst form of his career, he's pushing 40, just like Higgins and Williams, so got to hand him credit for still being ahead of most of the pack. I did think at this stage he'd wind his commitments right down, play 4 or 5 ranking tournies, the masters and maybe champino of champions and then come to sheffield fresh and focussed on equalling or passing Hendry. Why bother with crap like the shoot-out and this itv event which obviously didnt get his juices flowing. But no point in speculating bout it cos we'll never know what goes on inside that oddball head of his
Report Angel Gabrial March 22, 2015 10:53 PM GMT
Very true john, but i have always with Ronnies game that when it dips under a certain level then that will be it and i sense it now and he senses it. He has won more World Championships that JHiggins so in his eyes that`s enough because he really rates John. I think it`s here now and he will be gone very soon.
Report rewired March 23, 2015 2:58 AM GMT
plain too see this tournament his heart had hardly been in it
but he will probably be up for worlds,and then we will see him in a better light
if ronnie had his way would just play in the majors
person i feel sorry for this tournament was Gould really let himself down 5=1 up and losing.....
felt up to that played some great stuff......
Report johnnythebull March 23, 2015 8:56 AM GMT
they can all play some great stuff when they're in their comfort zone playing ppl they feel they have the advantage over and can beat
but when the roles are reversed their confidence ebbs away,they start wobbling and contrive to lose from quasi invincible positions that even stevie wonder would have a job to lose from
all these guys have the skill sets but so much of top sport is played out between the ears when its mano a mano
Report gentlemanjohn March 23, 2015 11:15 AM GMT
Yes rewired...i agree ronnie has no interest in several of the tournaments but contract stipulations probably force his hand. I'd worry for him if he gets a tough draw though, lets face it, he was basically albe to sleepwalk his way into the last 3 finals, and after last week, unless his acting skills have improved, i seriously doubt he'll manage the grind of 2 long weeks in Sheffield. If it all goes t!ts up, expect a few lively tantrums and a tirade or two in the direction of a former manager of his.
Report Angel Gabrial March 23, 2015 12:27 PM GMT
Yes John, and Ronnie seems to also re-entered the `i am bigger than snooker` mindset especially now his investors are talking global shaker maker projects. There was no need for him to carry any chip on his shoulder into this event as the top prize was 100K( as he was bemoaning the cash in snooker) and he loved the venue but as we could see he was half hearted in his approach when he realised his touch was not A1.

The resilience maybe ebbing away and snooker is a tough mental grind, no more than at Sheffield. Other players in the top 10 will be more hungry as then sense him waning. Yes he thrashed a poor Bingham but there are many bogged down sessions to wade through at Sheffield and like most Derby types they have a chance of staying the St Leger trip but unlikely if they meet stamina sapping ground. Lay Ronnie he is finished. Where is Moondan!Grin
Report gentlemanjohn March 23, 2015 2:01 PM GMT
Fair point Angel but dont horses usually get further the older they grow as they lose that bit of speed and class they had as youngsters? Maybe he's more of a modern Red Rum type, trying to win another National before the light dies, the obstacles have got easier, the opposition are basically a bunch of decent handicappers, but any bit of rain is going to test his stamina and resilience to the limit?

Anyway enough of such frivolity..where indeed is moondan? Have little doubt he would have fully savoured the vintage snooker that was on show last week ;)
Report jed.davison March 23, 2015 4:14 PM GMT
Good point gj, hope he's ok.

Can't see past Judd at Sheffield.
Report peckerdunne March 24, 2015 12:23 AM GMT
Judd wont win at Sheffield..............end of............wont win.....
Report gentlemanjohn March 24, 2015 12:55 AM GMT
Its all about the judd
Report thegiggilo March 24, 2015 1:21 AM GMT
Just hope some more players turn up,the worlds have been dire for years if it wasn't for Selby last year it would've been absolutely diabolical..
Report Angel Gabrial March 24, 2015 2:06 AM GMT
Don`t underestimate Graeme Dott.
Report gentlemanjohn March 24, 2015 12:05 PM GMT
Will the scot dott get hot and pot the lot as ronnie loses the plot at sheffield? I fear not....

But I will probably back him anyway...
Report The Bhoys March 25, 2015 12:15 PM GMT
Have to say ronnie has been bad for a while now and his attitude v trump was the old ronnie, but i just think hel somehow get himself up for the worlds
Report Angel Gabrial March 25, 2015 2:05 PM GMT
I can`t see Ronnie beating Selby, Trump or Robertson at Sheffield and perhaps a couple of others that get under his skin. I think Ronnie is already making excuses why he may not succeed at Sheffield. Business priorities elsewhere, he uses snooker and not the other was around etc.

That defeat by Selby hurt him, wounded him more than it first appeared. He was really trying and Selby found another gear. He will not look forward to anymore battles at Sheffield, i think his resilience needs to be A1 to win at Sheffield. It`s not even close to being there in my eyes.
Report The Bhoys March 25, 2015 3:15 PM GMT
Think ronnie went off last year 2/1 might be double this year
Report paddletoe March 25, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
The problem for Ronnie this year is that if he is not mentally right the finishing line in a 17 day event is going to look a very long way away and long matches over more than one session which is normally an advantage for him might have the opposite affect if his head is not in the right place.

The last few years a Ronnie backer had the advantage of another session if things went wrong. This year a Ronnie backer has another session to sweat over even if things are going well.

A normal player has a bad week and they roll up the following week without any luggage. If Ronnie has a bad period he gets doubts and when he gets doubts the head goes and when the head goes everything goes!
Report Angel Gabrial March 25, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
Getting past John Higgins was an incentive for Ronnie, he now has 5 World Championships. At the time i thought he might kick on and get within touching distance of Hendry. I was wrong, Moondan was right. The fire that he needs in his belly is merely a flicker of what it was 3 years ago. On top of that his mid range shots seem to be that of an ageing player. Once he is in among the balls, yes he finds it easier to score than anyone else barring Trump or a few others on their day but i sense he is losing that ability to get in, and that will frustrate him and then the balls start going against you etc. Can he dig deep when this happens or will the stress be all over his face or that petulant smirk as though he is saying ` you not what i don`t even care`
Report gentlemanjohn March 25, 2015 9:35 PM GMT
Agree with most of the analysis here. There's obviously a bipolar thing going on with ronnie motivation wise, one day he probably burns with desire to match hendry, the next he couldnt care less if he wins another match again. I was suckered into the belief that ronnie desperately wanted hendry's record last year and that would do it for him, but as you say Angel, Selby basically crushed him, gave him a glimpse of what it was going to take to win 2 more titles and Ronnie didn't fancy it.

He might still surprise us and fancy he'll turn up in Sheffield determined to give it a rattle and might even turn on the style to begin with, but the first real test will come sooner or later and while I'd dearly love him to get through it, just can't find the faith at the moment.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com