Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Platini
01 May 14 10:23
| Topic/replies: 22,701 | Blogger: Platini's blog
Great achievement for Robbo but it doesn't beat a 147. A 147 is the ultimate achievement in snooker, takes skill and balls of steel to achieve in front of the cameras, crowd, and in major tourneys. They are a rarity - that tells you how difficult it is to achieve.
Pause Switch to Standard View 100 centuries doesn't beat a 147
Show More
Report lizardlouis May 1, 2014 10:33 AM BST
It does when as in Neil Robertson's case you have already made 2 maximum 147's (2010 & 2013).
Report cricketnut2 May 1, 2014 10:35 AM BST
I agree, that a 147, is an ultimate achievement and a rarity, however 100-100's in a season, is not that far behind it, as this will not be achieved for along time either, unless Ronnie plays in every tournament
Report moondan May 1, 2014 10:38 AM BST
Some truth in that.

I think Steve will soon be telling us Robbo is the greatest player ever, first it was Ronnie, then it was Higgins, then it was Ronnie, then it was John, now its Ronnie and ???

I think it is great and a hugely significant happening but we see balls dropping that should not and that just takes the shine off it for me.
It has been the same conditions for all so well done and good luck to him.
Report Toto82 May 1, 2014 11:41 AM BST
With the new calendar surely it won't be long until someone else gets a century of centuries
Report jed.davison May 1, 2014 12:45 PM BST
What price Ding next season? I wouldn't lay more than 2/1.
Report wondersobright May 1, 2014 12:57 PM BST
whether you believe making a 147 or making 100 centuries is the bigger achievement, they were crass comments by judd, and smacked of sour grapes on his part

there are a few little sh1ts in snooker right now that do nothing to endear people to them, I think that is why people have particularly enjoyed a resurgence of some of the old guard this last fortnight
Report currant bun May 1, 2014 1:02 PM BST
trump is a thick chav, nothing more, nothing less
Report peckerdunne May 1, 2014 1:08 PM BST
Jed ill give you 3 on Ding so, for as much as you care.
Report peckerdunne May 1, 2014 1:09 PM BST
Look just to tempt you, you can have 4s ok.
Report GRANTCKING May 1, 2014 1:11 PM BST

May 1, 2014 -- 12:57PM, wondersobright wrote:

whether you believe making a 147 or making 100 centuries is the bigger achievement, they were crass comments by judd, and smacked of sour grapes on his partthere are a few little sh1ts in snooker right now that do nothing to endear people to them, I think that is why people have particularly enjoyed a resurgence of some of the old guard this last fortnight

what did he say?

Report jed.davison May 1, 2014 1:17 PM BST
"If it was a maximum, I'd have gone over and shook his hand," Trump told BBC Radio 5 live. "Although it's a brilliant achievement, 100 centuries doesn't mean anything to me.

"I just wanted to get on and win the game. I congratulated him at the end of the match and wished him luck, so that's all I can do. In other people's eyes, it may be [like a maximum].

"I've got no hard feelings against Neil. I get on with him and there was nothing in it. I just wanted to try and win the match and I thought my best way of doing that was getting out of the arena as quickly as possible."
Report GRANTCKING May 1, 2014 1:18 PM BST
sounds fair enough to me, thought the celebration from robertson and the crowd was a touch over the top personally
Report wondersobright May 1, 2014 1:20 PM BST
it was his comments aligned with his reaction in the chair when robertson did it, terrible sportsmanship and really embarrassing
Report gentlemanjohn May 1, 2014 1:29 PM BST
GRANTCKING 01 May 14 13:18 
sounds fair enough to me, thought the celebration from robertson and the crowd was a touch over the top personally

+1
Report DonNo1 May 1, 2014 2:07 PM BST
terrible sportsmanship and really embarrassing

Robertson was the embarrassing one if anything
Report peckerdunne May 1, 2014 2:12 PM BST
Robbo's table manners were poor.
Report Platini May 1, 2014 2:43 PM BST
While Judd's comments were (typically for him) snidey, so too were Robertson's, claiming the applause he got from the crowd was far greater than any 147 gets. Absolute boll0x

why are there so few 147s then ?  there are millions of 101s, 102s, 103s, and above. But so few 147s.
It's the ultimate achievement. Centuries is too easy, even more on these tables.
Report DRAGON DANCER May 2, 2014 1:38 AM BST
A ton of centuries will be more remembered than any 147s these days to be honest because of the uniqueness of it, he has utterly destroyed the record books for a season. 147 not a special achievement anymore for me. Loads of crap players make them these days and many more will in the future.
Report jed.davison May 2, 2014 9:42 AM BST
Crass, bordering on gamesmanship, and encouraged by the morons at the BBC. The balls heard, and they do not forgive.

Trump's trying for his life in a World Championship quarter-final, only to have some irrelevant sideshow distract him.
Report minardi May 2, 2014 10:15 AM BST
I t was a difficult situation - Trump should have rising above the momnent and shaken Robbo's hand it may have difused the tension that was building from not potting a ball - Trump was completely frozen out by Robbo's skill , run of the balls and Judds appalling shot selection (when he had a chance).
Report jed.davison May 2, 2014 10:29 AM BST
Hard to play much better than Robertson did in that session. I'm still not 100% sure how to quantify the advantage he would have gained from being first encouraged, and then allowed, to release some tension when he made the hundred, but he won fair and square imo, even if I found his behaviour somewhat unedifying around a snooker table.
Report Clarky9 May 3, 2014 8:18 AM BST
Judd Chump
Report marychain1 May 3, 2014 10:36 AM BST
I've got no issues with Judd's reaction or his quotes later. As he said, he clearly congratulated him at the end. Trump still a little gimp though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com