Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PAKEY
15 Mar 21 14:49
| Topic/replies: 4,319 | Blogger: PAKEY's blog
Can Wales possibly lose this now?
I'd price it nearer 1/6 as France don't just need to win both games, but they need at least one bonus point, and to stop Wales getting even a losing bonus point.
Pause Switch to Standard View Wales Six Nations Champions
Show More
Report hfink March 16, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
Hope not. Backed them at around 1.8+ before France played England. The market on Wales then settled to around 1.4 after England's win; I thought that's not low enough to trade yet, I'll hang on...now it's up to around 1.5! The market is very tentative about this one. Obviously bonus points make a big difference these days.
But I agree with you, still a lot for France to do, both Scotland & Wales can give them tough games; and as you say, Wales will at least be looking for that losing bonus point. Could be an onslaught of French attack against Welsh defence. I'm banking that I should be able to make a good trade at some point during the match. Hopefully...Happy
Report PAKEY March 16, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
Best of luck to you,I also backed Wales before the England France game as couldn't see France beating England, Wales and Scotland.
I'm still not keen on the bonus points system as don't think the Six Nations needs gimmicks to make it exciting.
Once again, very best of luck to you.
Report hfink March 16, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
Thanks Pakey, the very best of luck to you too, let's hope we're both smiling at the end. I had the same logic as yourself, thinking it would be too just tough an ask for France to win each of their final matches, or even get sufficient bonus points if they lost one. And England had to come good at some point (even though they still gave too many pens away on Saturday).
But I will say, France don't half look scary in attack! I hope Wales can stifle them.
Report Latalomne March 20, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
What a game!
Report Kriskin March 20, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
Wales 1.05 and shorter backers will be in a bad way.  The French stung them at the end
Report Manoleeds March 20, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
Why did France get a penalty  when Wales went to ground with the ball in the dying seconds?
Report hfink March 20, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
Momentum seemed to change when France got the sin bin. I was shouting for Wales to the penalty scrum at the moment, instead they took the 3. I think that would have been the moment to turn the screw.
Report mr_sykes March 20, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
do france just to have to score 4 tries v scotland and have the head to head over wales or score 4 scores and cover the points difference at same time?or if two teams finish level at top of table is it head to head or points difference that decides title winner?
Report Kriskin March 20, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
The Championship positions are decided as follows:

The team with the highest number of Match Points will be placed first and the other teams placed in descending order according to the Match Points awarded.

If two or more teams finish the Championship with the same number of Match Points, they will be placed according to the difference between the total points scored and the total points conceded on the fields of play in all Matches.

If any such teams also have the same points difference, they will be placed according to the number of tries (including penalty tries) scored by each team in all Matches.  If any such teams have also scored the same number of tries (including penalty tries), they will be placed equally.
Report mr_sykes March 20, 2021 10:43 PM GMT
so france have to beat scotland by at least 20 points and score 4 tries?
Report Kriskin March 20, 2021 10:53 PM GMT
That's what rules are stating
Report PAKEY March 21, 2021 12:10 AM GMT
Mangled, I didn't understand that either, no explanation was given for the penalty.
I still think Wales should be around 1 to 6, all Scotland have to do is not get beaten by more than 20 points.
Report PAKEY March 21, 2021 12:11 AM GMT
Mangled = Manoleeds
Report hunt lunt and cunningham March 21, 2021 3:11 PM GMT
Personally, think that the Ref got it wrong on Wales last try, no way could he see that it was grounded, and the way he asked the question it couldnt be overturned. After that he tried to level it up, Wales should of got a penalty try instead of just a French sin bin. Then when France scored a try he wanted to give it but was persuaded about the gouging incident which I thought was debatable. He was still trying to level it up with the two Welsh sin bins and the late penalty. Wales did deserve to win but were naive in the end and paid the price. I still think another referee and the result could of been different. In my opinion the tmo are having to much input
Report San Quentin March 21, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
I do agree h.l.a.c,how many times did we hear "Barnesie".Far to much.
Report PAKEY March 21, 2021 8:23 PM GMT
For me, it's lack of consistency when referee's are playing advantage, sometimes it lasts ten seconds, sometimes about a minute.
When he shouts advantage, someone needs to set a timer for say thirty seconds, then inform the ref when time is up.
Report hunt lunt and cunningham March 22, 2021 7:52 AM GMT
Good point Pakey, some refs think that with an advantage a team has to score !!! . Used to be a short advantage now getting longer and longer , also eats into time being played
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com