Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
18 Feb 21 16:03
| Topic/replies: 36,082 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Super Rugby Australia resumes tomorrow morning (in the UK) CoolCoolCool
Pause Switch to Standard View Super Rugby 2021
Show More
Report hunt lunt and cunningham February 19, 2021 7:40 AM GMT
Morning,Waratahs +10 seems high for the first game
Report martin63 February 19, 2021 7:54 AM GMT
What channels are showing the coverage? TIA
Report Latalomne February 19, 2021 8:33 AM GMT
CryCryCry  It doesn't look like anybody is!  It hadn't crossed my mind that Sky might have dropped it!  Gutted CryCryCry
Report Latalomne February 19, 2021 8:42 AM GMT
Looks like they might still be working on a deal.  Doesn't help this morning Cry

How can I watch Super Rugby AU overseas?

Please see our list of international broadcasters (subject to change):

New Zealand: Sky Sports
South Africa/Africa and adjacent islands: SuperSport
Argentina/South America/North America: ESPN
Japan: Wowow   
Pacific: Digicel
Middle East: To be confirmed
Italy/Vatican/San Marino/Switzerland: Sky Italia   
France/Andorra/Monaco/Luxembourg: To be confirmed   
UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man): To be confirmed 
Spain/Andorra: Telefonica
Portugal: To be confirmed   
Non-core Europe: To be confirmed
Report Reveen February 19, 2021 8:42 AM GMT
Report Reveen February 19, 2021 9:04 AM GMT
Super Rugby AU law variations are summarised on the left-hand side column with Super Rugby NZ on the right.
Report Latalomne February 19, 2021 9:07 AM GMT
Found commentary on ABC Sports, but it's about 30 secs behind live, going off the B365 match feed, so I'm out, I'm afraid  Cry
Report rommel February 19, 2021 12:28 PM GMT
ar**.forgot all about it,love the ole sooper
Report Latalomne February 19, 2021 12:40 PM GMT
You couldn't have watched it anyway, mate Cry
Report rommel February 19, 2021 12:46 PM GMT
its gotta gotts gotts to be oooot there somewhere lat
Report rommel February 19, 2021 12:47 PM GMT
https://buffstreams.tv/live-force
Report rommel February 19, 2021 12:47 PM GMT
u got 8 mins
Report Latalomne February 20, 2021 8:50 AM GMT
LOL!  Nice one, mate.  How far behind were the pics?  I've not so desperate to bet on it that I'll play with a delay of more than 6 or 7 seconds.
Report Gutless Wonder February 24, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
Super Rugby Aotearoa is to be shown on RugbyPass
Report stewardsenquirey February 24, 2021 5:06 PM GMT
Does this mean Sky will no longer be showing any Super Rugby from now on ?Cry
Getting very close to binning Sky off now if that's the case.They can keep their Netball and F1,but will no doubt still be looking to hike up their prices at some point this year Angry
Report Latalomne February 24, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
The BF TV Guide is saying Saturday's Super Rugby Australia clash is on Sky Sports Action (not Friday's, though)....

I'm in a similar situation to you, mate.  Super Rugby is one of the few things left that I bet on off of Sky pics....
Report Latalomne February 24, 2021 9:54 PM GMT

Feb 24, 2021 -- 10:26AM, Gutless Wonder wrote:

Super Rugby Aotearoa is to be shown on RugbyPass

Any experience of how live RugbyPass is, Gutless?  £6.99 a weekend to watch pics that are 10 secs+ behind isn't going to happen.

Report Gutless Wonder February 24, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
Sadly no idea of time delay Lat. Looking more like Skysports History channels with more sports going to other places.
Report Latalomne February 25, 2021 8:08 AM GMT
Cheers, Gutless.  I've pinged them an email to ask what they believe the delay to be.
Report Reveen February 26, 2021 6:27 AM GMT
Streaming is killing betting markets - even the new host broadcaster in Australia is a streaming-only service.
Report Latalomne February 26, 2021 8:45 AM GMT
Making people PPV certainly isn't going to help, but it's not streams per se that are killing betting markets, IMHO, Reveen.  It's slow streams/pics that are doing that.  Here we are in 2021, and pics are now more delayed than ever in my betting lifetime.  UK racing has shown that there's absolutely no reason for them to be as delayed as they are. 

I used to love betting on the darts, but if you use "live" pics to do that now, you get absolutely killed.  Going off the scoreboards, obviously depending on the players, you are generally three darts and sometimes four darts (ie two rotations of player throwing!) behind real "live".  Needless to say, darts turnover is down massively as a result.

There is clearly just no will to speed them up, because, seemingly, it's in someone's best interests (short-term) for a sizeable time advantage to exist.  I'm sure there would be a lot more action long-term if it wasn't possible for people to get picked off because the "live" pics they're watching are positively ancient.
Report Reveen February 26, 2021 9:01 AM GMT
You're right the problem with streams is the delay which is mind boggling with all of the advancements in technology. It seems like a few at the top want to keep it that way to print money and exchanges don't care as they create fees that tax the fast picture players.
Report Latalomne February 26, 2021 11:11 AM GMT
Indeed.

Have just received a reply from RugbyPass in response to my query about the picture delay.  It doesn't answer the question at all but has pointed me in the direction of liverugby.net, who are appear to be the company actually providing the pictures.  I've now asked the question of them.
Report Latalomne February 26, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
The reply says the pictures are realtime and that there is no delay...  I have gone back to seek clarification!
Report Latalomne February 26, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
Interestingly, the pictures are supplied by Sky!  Described as "minimal delay", whatever that means....  Plain
Report Latalomne February 27, 2021 8:32 AM GMT
I couldn't bring myself to set the alarm for 0600 to find out what "minimal" meant.  Did anybody test the waters?
Report Latalomne February 27, 2021 8:33 AM GMT
Also, I not the Sky Sports Action tag for this Super Rugby Australia game has been removed....  Plain
Report Gutless Wonder February 27, 2021 1:09 PM GMT
No - didn't bother to look. Think I will get premier sports for pro14 as enjoy the odd match on S4C. Just waiting for the Sky sport price increase!
Report Kriskin March 6, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
What a game there between Brumbies v Rebels.  If it had have been Sky it would have been a great game to trade on.  Brumbies win the game with the last kick of the game.  Ryan Lonergan kicks it from 55mtrs at an angle.  What a kick

FT

Brumbies 27 - 24 Rebels
Report Reveen March 7, 2021 3:12 AM GMT
Nice finish but not exactly the last kick as the experimental laws Super Rugby has implemented means it would've gone to extra time.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com