Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lfc1971
02 Dec 20 07:51
| Topic/replies: 54,705 | Blogger: lfc1971's blog
Roll out possible next week
Pause Switch to Standard View Pfizer vaccine APPROVED by regulators...
Show More
Report The Pies December 7, 2020 11:51 AM GMT
Fats - mine was ophthalmology out-patient (eye pressure also). There were hardly any other patients compared to a usual clinic so no problem with distancing etc. Also not allowed into clinic until a few mins before appt.
Report lfc1971 December 8, 2020 12:12 PM GMT
U.K. the first country in the world to roll out the vaccines . Margaret , the first person in the UK and the second a man called
William Shakespeare
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 8, 2020 12:54 PM GMT
I think you'll find the second person was actually called Christopher Marlowe actually.
Report lfc1971 December 8, 2020 12:58 PM GMT
Happy
Report i_agree_with_nick December 8, 2020 1:13 PM GMT
He didn't want to risk being barred from various activities.
Report silvercoat December 8, 2020 1:22 PM GMT
After his first jab he said that he’s looking forward to completing Part 2.
Report i_agree_with_nick December 8, 2020 1:27 PM GMT
He might celebrate with a cigar.
Report silvercoat December 8, 2020 1:35 PM GMT
As long as it’s not a corona.......
Report i_agree_with_nick December 8, 2020 1:36 PM GMT
Probably a small Village.
Report Foinavon December 8, 2020 1:42 PM GMT
That poor woman this morning surrounded by media vultures. It would be tragic if they have infected her before she acquires immunity. Let's hope not.
Report moisok December 8, 2020 3:03 PM GMT
do you know where and who  these companies test their drugs on  -  don't mention Nigeria!!!
Report frog1000 December 8, 2020 5:51 PM GMT
FDA have released more data on the trials....

https://www.fda.gov/media/144246/download
Report moisok December 8, 2020 6:57 PM GMT
The virus will always be with us or can one be wrong.  Most of the nasty stuff sits around waiting for you to come along.  This one is deadly but only seems to kill a small percentage or am I wrong again.  It isn't going to be eliminated but its effect will eventually be reduced with jabs and good health practice from the population.
You know the japanese have often worn face masks in public - I wonder if anyone has any FLUE  stats for that country - or is wearing masks just a japanese fad?
Report moisok December 8, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
One 'expert' has said 'good health practice' by all will vastly improve things.  Coughing all over people in shops or on public transport - I am sure many of us have experienced this.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 8, 2020 7:09 PM GMT
Two gentlemen of corona

Alls well that ends well?
Report i_agree_with_nick December 8, 2020 7:14 PM GMT
"Is this a needle which I see before me..."
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 8, 2020 7:17 PM GMT
I come to vaccinate caesar,  not to bury him
Report David Icke December 8, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has to be stored in deep-frozen packs containing 975 doses at minus 70C that cannot easily be split down into small batches to be taken to individual care homes, whose residents have been designated the first priority. It can be moved only four times and lasts for just five days at fridge temperature.

Are logistics in place to work this ?
Report frog1000 December 8, 2020 7:36 PM GMT
No problem.

UK has the best logistics people in the world.

Look at the NHS test and trace for example.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 8, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
Serco test and trace
Report moisok December 8, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
the thing was to get in on their shares a few months ago
Report lapsy pa December 9, 2020 10:30 AM GMT
Breaking, seems a few allergic reactions.Not unexpected.
Report 1st time poster December 9, 2020 10:34 AM GMT
why didnt they test it on people with history of allergic reactions
would seem pretty basic 6th form chemistry stuff
Report lapsy pa December 9, 2020 10:42 AM GMT
Yes,agree.Dr. Hilary on GMB told me this morning only pregnant women need to worry about it.
I hope it is just a small percentage.
Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 10:43 AM GMT
If you have a history of allergic reactions then of course you are free to put yourself forward now to be tested
Report frog1000 December 9, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
Yesterday they told us it was safe. Today apparently it is not for some people.

Maybe do a few more clinical trials to check before rolling it out to millions of people?
Report Fatslogger December 9, 2020 3:53 PM GMT

Dec 9, 2020 -- 9:32AM, frog1000 wrote:

Yesterday they told us it was safe. Today apparently it is not for some people.Maybe do a few more clinical trials to check before rolling it out to millions of people?

Maybe let a few more thousand people die to prevent a couple of allergic reactions. Oh, how would we know that? By inducing exactly those same allergic reactions.

The only way to pick up rare and late adverse events is to vaccinate lots of people and wait. You can do this as part of a trial but it’s incredibly expensive and obviously the longer you wait, the longer you’re waiting to release the vaccine, which matters quite a lot in this context.

Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 3:59 PM GMT
Same as the flu jab , some get a reaction to that
I have some allergic reactions ( dust , eggs...)
But will take the vaccine , I consider it my duty
Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 4:07 PM GMT
Birds also , allergic to birds
Report nineteen points December 9, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
good for you lfc.what a fantastic person you are.well done.
Report Dotchinite December 9, 2020 4:21 PM GMT
The rollout to the very old can be seen as a sort of trial to see if its safe before they give it to younger people who have a different risk profile. Amongst the old if one in 10 thousand had a bad reaction it would still be worth taking but for the younger ones it clearly wouldnt.
Report i_agree_with_nick December 9, 2020 4:23 PM GMT
The vaccine has just been approved in Canada.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 9, 2020 4:25 PM GMT
Don't want to be giving folk
a bowl of peanuts after having
vaccine jab either.
Report duffy December 9, 2020 4:29 PM GMT
They fast tracked it through but missed this in the trials, only now after they've started to roll it out have they spotted this, and only that because it was something that showed itself early.

What has been missed from long term effects ? answer, no fooker knows because that hasn't been studied as it's been bloody fast tracked!!!!!!

Fauci was right...too quick.
Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
crack on , no ones died .
Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 4:34 PM GMT
Do you know when young I was hospitalised because I ate an egg ?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 9, 2020 4:36 PM GMT
Yer ma feeding you bad eggs,

At least she got a few days peace...
Report The Pies December 9, 2020 4:36 PM GMT
Have a look at any prescribed or off the shelf drugs you have at home and you see a list of potential side effects albeit that the most serious ones are usually 1:10,000. In this case the risks are probably justified by the urgent need.
Report Dotchinite December 9, 2020 4:36 PM GMT
Yes I knew that. Saw it on the news.
Report lapsy pa December 9, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
Has anyone interviewed Gavin Williamson about this?
Report duffy December 9, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
Same as my son with eggs, he also ate some pesto dressing and within a couple of hours he had morphed into some sort of Walking Dead cast member.
Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 4:39 PM GMT
Lol , well I survived , I did risk it again a few years later
Same thing
Report duffy December 9, 2020 4:43 PM GMT
The Pies 09 Dec 20 17:36 
Have a look at any prescribed or off the shelf drugs you have at home and you see a list of potential side effects albeit that the most serious ones are usually 1:10,000. In this case the risks are probably justified by the urgent need.

The point with this though is because of the conspiracy theorists and worry merchants out there it can't afford to take any negative hits, especially early on because it will simply reinforce what they already think and ramp up the hysteria.

The thing they will think is that it was only after the roll out began did they see this problem and missed it before, this feeds into the worry that they are cutting corners.
Report Dotchinite December 9, 2020 5:10 PM GMT
I dont think they should have named the Keenan woman just because she was first to take it. If anything happens to her the negative publicity will be a disaster.
Report nineteen points December 9, 2020 5:20 PM GMT
they will have to find her first.
Report Fatslogger December 9, 2020 5:27 PM GMT

Dec 9, 2020 -- 10:21AM, Dotchinite wrote:

The rollout to the very old can be seen as a sort of trial to see if its safe before they give it to younger people who have a different risk profile. Amongst the old if one in 10 thousand had a bad reaction it would still be worth taking but for the younger ones it clearly wouldnt.

Depending on the nature of the reaction, yes, probably.  You’d still likely want to vaccinate over 40s and perhaps 30-40s with other risk factors.

Report frog1000 December 9, 2020 6:35 PM GMT

Dec 9, 2020 -- 9:53AM, Fatslogger wrote:

Dec  9, 2020 --  4:32PM, frog1000 wrote:Yesterday they told us it was safe. Today apparently it is not for some people.Maybe do a few more clinical trials to check before rolling it out to millions of people?Maybe let a few more thousand people die to prevent a couple of allergic reactions. Oh, how would we know that? By inducing exactly those same allergic reactions. The only way to pick up rare and late adverse events is to vaccinate lots of people and wait. You can do this as part of a trial but it’s incredibly expensive and obviously the longer you wait, the longer you’re waiting to release the vaccine, which matters quite a lot in this context.

How many people did they vaccinate yesterday on day 1 to find out this problem?

How many in the trials were on medication, had allergies or were over 85? i.e. the type of people in the need of a vaccine.

It appears to have been rushed through with key groups being missed off the trials.

Report lfc1971 December 9, 2020 6:50 PM GMT
Today after health workers vaccinations yesterday  N Ireland were the first in the U.K. to start vaccinations in care homes
Report nineteen points December 9, 2020 6:51 PM GMT
nip over and get one lfc
Report SontaranStratagem December 10, 2020 12:44 AM GMT
Its quite funny really

Its been approved and they are actually sticking it in people... but they haven't tested it against allergy's and haven't tested it on pregnant women

The stupidity of 2020 society really knows no bounds.. stupidly educated sadly.
Report cpfc4me December 10, 2020 12:50 AM GMT
I dont think they should have named the Keenan woman just because she was first to take it. If anything happens to her the negative publicity will be a disaster.

She wasn't named because she was the first to take it. She was already named over 91 years ago!

And if anything happens to her, Bill Gates will know all about it since he now has full control of her. Someone has to watch these 90+ year olds.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 6:50 AM GMT
Frog -

How many people did they vaccinate yesterday on day 1 to find out this problem?

How many in the trials were on medication, had allergies or were over 85? i.e. the type of people in the need of a vaccine.

It appears to have been rushed through with key groups being missed off the trials.

Perhaps 5-10 thousand.

So how do you think we find out about side effects in people on medication (I think you’ve misinterpreted the trial report there, by the way), with allergies or over 85?
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 7:10 AM GMT
fatslogger
it’s incredibly expensive and obviously the longer you wait, the longer you’re waiting to release the vaccine, which matters quite a lot in this context.

So it's ££££££££££ before lives now. rushed to market for ££££

we've all in this together lol.

DNAR orders being applied to groups of vulnerable people.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 7:24 AM GMT
I like that you took one point about expense in the same sentence as an implicit one about lives and are trying to say it’s about the money. It’s about what can be practically achieved and about risk. How long do you want to wait? What’s the cost in lives per month of waiting? What’s the effect on normal health care and on people’s lives?

Are DNAR orders being applied to groups of vulnerable people, or did that happen in a few instances early pandemic, to appropriately large amounts of criticism and stopped after that?
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 8:04 AM GMT
General practitioners (GPs)  refuse face to face appointments.
Now want orderly queues as they collect covid vaccine payments.
Comedy gold.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 8:21 AM GMT
You don’t like to answer questions, do you?

It’s comedy gold that consultations can happen without being face to face but vaccination can’t? You’re easily amused.
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 9:01 AM GMT
conspiracy theorists and worry merchants out there it can't afford to take any negative hits, especially early on because it will simply reinforce what they already think and ramp up the hysteria.
Realists seems more appropriate.
Most aren't conspiracy at all in fact...
and  gov.... Done an amazing job @ ramping up hysteria. Little acorns grow!
Report nineteen points December 10, 2020 9:45 AM GMT
fats, theres a will where theres a till.

£13.75 a jab.thats why they are only too pleased to see you now
Report frog1000 December 10, 2020 11:10 AM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 12:50AM, Fatslogger wrote:

Frog -How many people did they vaccinate yesterday on day 1 to find out this problem?How many in the trials were on medication, had allergies or were over 85? i.e. the type of people in the need of a vaccine.It appears to have been rushed through with key groups being missed off the trials.Perhaps 5-10 thousand. So how do you think we find out about side effects in people on medication (I think you’ve misinterpreted the trial report there, by the way), with allergies or over 85?

5-10 thousand. I will believe it when they publish the official figures.

On the trial the adverse reactions generally started after the second jab.

Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 11:56 AM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 3:45AM, nineteen points wrote:

fats, theres a will where theres a till.£13.75 a jab.thats why they are only too pleased to see you now

It’s not very much money for a procedure, even a very minor one. It’s not free to run a vaccine clinic, which happen in addition to the practices’ normal work, usually. If you’re talking about GPs vaccinating say 30m people in the next year, that’s less money than we spaffed on any number of PPE contracts that didn’t even deliver.

Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 12:09 PM GMT
It's insulting (gp) abandon the public
Now want to be rewarded for a (miracle) cure! That isnt a cure !
Comedy gold!
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:10 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 5:10AM, frog1000 wrote:

Dec 10, 2020 --  7:50AM, Fatslogger wrote:Frog -How many people did they vaccinate yesterday on day 1 to find out this problem?How many in the trials were on medication, had allergies or were over 85? i.e. the type of people in the need of a vaccine.It appears to have been rushed through with key groups being missed off the trials.Perhaps 5-10 thousand. So how do you think we find out about side effects in people on medication (I think you’ve misinterpreted the trial report there, by the way), with allergies or over 85?5-10 thousand. I will believe it when they publish the official figures.On the trial the adverse reactions generally started after the second jab.

I said perhaps. I agree, as with a lot of the vaccine stuff, we await robust published numbers. It’s going to have been a minimum of a few thousand a day though, across the 70 or so sites. Would be surprised if it’s not ramping up to 200 or so people per day for at least a proportion of the sites by now.

Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:14 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 6:09AM, shiny new shoes please wrote:

It's insulting (gp) abandon the public Now want to be rewarded for a (miracle) cure! That isnt a cure !Comedy gold!

It’s a vaccine, not a miracle cure. Injecting people isn’t a zero cost or zero time enterprise. A bit over a tenner per jab is a really, really small amount of money, by health care standards, even before you start accounting for the reduction in health care needed down the line following a successful vaccination programme and even that doesn’t include the massive economic benefits to emerging from the pandemic (which we’re going to throw away and more with Brexit but there you go).

Going to phone consultations isn’t abandoning patients, it’s practicing safely in a pandemic.

Report nineteen points December 10, 2020 12:25 PM GMT
still in a pandemic apparently so is safety out the window when moneys involved?
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 12:25 PM GMT
Wrong total abandonment pushing a digital agenda. Shops stayed open! GP shut.
state sponsored and supported.
More deaths from cancelled appointments then covid.
More proverty
More tax.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:25 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 6:25AM, nineteen points wrote:

still in a pandemic apparently so is safety out the window when moneys involved?

How do you think you could administer a vaccine over a phone?

Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 12:27 PM GMT
Tesco workers outdo GPs.
Comedy gold.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:31 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 6:25AM, shiny new shoes please wrote:

Wrong total abandonment pushing a digital agenda. Shops stayed open! GP shut. state sponsored and supported.More deaths from cancelled appointments then covid.More provertyMore tax.

GPs were open when shops were shut. Not letting people in the doors while shifting work remotely isn’t the same as shutting and having people in the same physical location would have been unsafe, in a lot of cases. I do think practices could have opened their doors more in June - August (and some did) but then they’d have needed to shut them again anyway.

You are utterly making up that there were more deaths from cancelled appointments than Covid. Please supply evidence to support this view, which shows a touching faith in the effect of GP appointments to preserve life that isn’t supported by the facts. Very, very few medical consultations of any kind are life saving.

I am neither in favour of poverty or more taxation on the poor but the economic consequences of the pandemic can’t be wished away with the notion that if we’d just carried on as normal all would have been fine.

Report nineteen points December 10, 2020 12:31 PM GMT
no fats your dead right.just the same as i couldnt diagnose  a chest infection or sore throat correctly over a phone.
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 12:34 PM GMT
The figures will be years to come!
200,000 missed cancer appointments Ireland since march.
GPs being shut since feb.
Facts.
Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 12:38 PM GMT
I'd imagine U.K a lot worse!
But I don't know.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:38 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 6:31AM, nineteen points wrote:

no fats your dead right.just the same as i couldnt diagnose

Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:38 PM GMT
The truth is, mostly you can, or at least a good GP can. I’m not denying that there are downsides to remote consultations and some physical appointments should still be carried out but it’s easy to downplay the risk to this. Most GP consultations, in fact the vast, vast majority are not for life or limb threatening conditions and risking spreading or catching Covid would not have been and still isn’t a trivial risk.
Report Fatslogger December 10, 2020 12:39 PM GMT

Dec 10, 2020 -- 6:34AM, shiny new shoes please wrote:

The figures will be years to come!200,000 missed cancer appointments Ireland since march.GPs being shut since feb.Facts.

Yes. Depends on what you mean by cancer appointments, I suspect. What was your alternative? Bringing vulnerable cancer patients up to busy clinics? How do you think these decisions were made?

Report shiny new shoes please December 10, 2020 1:31 PM GMT
I think it's been  piss poor from start to now from most gov.
Public are stupid but maybe not as thick as gov wud like.
Report Fatslogger December 12, 2020 11:23 AM GMT
That wasn’t an answer to my question, shoes.
Report 1st time poster December 12, 2020 12:14 PM GMT
heard all the experts,laughing at the sputnik vacc,that dr sarah jarvis/vine the other day saying they wouldnt take sputnik even with a gun to their heads, now we read russia/uk dr,s are going to combine sputnik with oxford vacc in some sort of cocktail and see what it tastes like
and aussies have thrown a billion quid vacc down the toilet
and expert/pundits mock those who have doubts about vaccs
Report Dotchinite December 12, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
The Glaxo vaccine has been delayed as it didnt create a sufficient immune response in older people. Isnt that a posh way of saying it didnt F***ing work.
Report 1st time poster December 12, 2020 12:39 PM GMT
or the only one thats worked so far is the man made frankenstein one
Report 1st time poster December 12, 2020 4:24 PM GMT
519 more deaths 21,500 more cases
despite the right wing media,barrington lovers calling an end to this a dozen times since march its going no where before the spring
and with xmas /new yr to come,we,ll have the 100,000 up by march,12 months since it started
Report frog1000 December 12, 2020 4:59 PM GMT
London data will be an interesting case study.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=region&areaName=London

Those boroughs that had deaths in the spring before the government tried prolong this... lets see what happens to them this winter. Then we should finally have an answer.
Report frog1000 December 12, 2020 5:04 PM GMT
Brent was the worst in the spring. Now...

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=ltla&areaName=Brent

Havering had the lowest deaths in London in the spring. Now....

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=ltla&areaName=Havering
Report frog1000 December 12, 2020 5:05 PM GMT
Harrow the second worst in the spring...

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=ltla&areaName=Harrow
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 12, 2020 5:13 PM GMT
Why is that?

Those hit hard early take more care later?

If only we had some way of doing research without
right wing whack jobs making silly claims.
Report frog1000 December 12, 2020 5:17 PM GMT
That is a possible explanation.

Or maybe more immunity and less people prone to dying from the disease because more died earlier in the year?

Time will tell.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 12, 2020 5:34 PM GMT
If only we could do research instead of right wing
whack jobs spouting rubbish, eh?
Report Fatslogger December 12, 2020 10:23 PM GMT
You’d expect areas worse hit initially to have more immunity and do better later but that’s the not the same as there being anything like enough immunity to prevent lots more death, as I kept telling Insider Trader months back, when he was saying that there wouldn’t be a second wave.
Report frog1000 December 13, 2020 10:33 AM GMT
No 'second wave' of death in most of London so far. Maybe you are right and it is coming shortly.
Report Fatslogger December 13, 2020 12:35 PM GMT
I can hear those goalposts creaking as they move. Is there a second wave? Has there been lots of death? That there’s less death in London is entirely compatible with what I’ve said all along. If only we’d exposed the rest of the country to London’s huge death rate in the early pandemic, things would be great now, wouldn’t they?

Incidentally, London seems to have up about 30 deaths a day, so isn’t miles below the whole country’s rates but I’m struggling to get really accurate stats on death per region. What do you have?
Report 1st time poster December 13, 2020 12:41 PM GMT
johnson agreed 20,000 deaths would be a result,we,ll be at 100,000 plus a year to the date he said that
Report frog1000 December 13, 2020 1:27 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 6:35AM, Fatslogger wrote:

I can hear those goalposts creaking as they move. Is there a second wave? Has there been lots of death? That there’s less death in London is entirely compatible with what I’ve said all along. If only we’d exposed the rest of the country to London’s huge death rate in the early pandemic, things would be great now, wouldn’t they?Incidentally, London seems to have up about 30 deaths a day, so isn’t miles below the whole country’s rates but I’m struggling to get really accurate stats on death per region. What do you have?

Areas that were not hit much in the spring are likely to have a bigger seasonal uptick than those that were not.

For instance Czech Republic and Slovenia that had nothing much in the spring have suffered badly this autumn.

Excess deaths for England do not seem to be in a 2nd wave.

Some good data on excess deaths here:

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 13, 2020 1:49 PM GMT
If you plot the deaths per day or week on a graph you can clearly
see the curves.

If only you could google such a map(s)

Why of why are they so difficult to discover?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 13, 2020 1:50 PM GMT
Why o why
Report Fatslogger December 13, 2020 2:19 PM GMT
Frog -

Areas that were not hit much in the spring are likely to have a bigger seasonal uptick than those that were not.

For instance Czech Republic and Slovenia that had nothing much in the spring have suffered badly this autumn.

Excess deaths for England do not seem to be in a 2nd wave.

Some good data on excess deaths here:

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

The graphs you link to show deaths in England over their substantial increase line for the last few weeks. If by second wave of deaths you mean massive increases in deaths as per first wave, I agree with you, that’s not happening. If you just mean a large number of excess deaths then it’s pretty clear we are in one.
Report frog1000 December 13, 2020 2:32 PM GMT
For England are the excess death figures bigger on the chart than 2017 and 2018 winters?

Hospital beds are less full than the five year average.

If you look at Scotland the figures this winter seem a lot lower than 2018.

Of course there is a long way to go but susceptible people can only die once.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 13, 2020 2:52 PM GMT
And flu infections are mitigated by controls
imposed for covid.
Report Fatslogger December 13, 2020 5:57 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 8:32AM, frog1000 wrote:

For England are the excess death figures bigger on the chart than 2017 and 2018 winters?Hospital beds are less full than the five year average.If you look at Scotland the figures this winter seem a lot lower than 2018.Of course there is a long way to go but susceptible people can only die once.

Do you like cherries? You pick a few. Overall autumn / winter deaths aren’t far beyond a bad but normal year for England but they are for the last few weeks, following on from when the SARS-CoV2 virus which you keep saying won’t kill many (more) people, really started surging again, in a way you had said it wouldn’t.

No, there isn’t an outlandish amount of excess death now, but there is excess death, despite the argument you almost certainly made first time around too about how many of the people who were due to die already had. Doesn’t seem to be the case, does it?

Report frog1000 December 13, 2020 9:47 PM GMT
Time will tell whether winter 2020/2021 has an exceptionally bad number of deaths from respiratory diseases.

I always thought that the different waves of a pandemic were due to mutations of a disease rather than a seasonal resurgence.
Report Fatslogger December 13, 2020 11:41 PM GMT
If you’d prefer to call it a second peak of an initial wave, that you claimed wouldn’t happen, I’d have no problem with that pedantic distinction.
Report nineteen points December 14, 2020 8:40 AM GMT
lets not forget its flu season.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com