Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MrBaboon
25 May 20 15:39
| Topic/replies: 3,612 | Blogger: MrBaboon's blog
...he keeps his job

Well done
Pause Switch to Standard View Brilliant by Cummings
Show More
Report Wallflower May 26, 2020 7:57 PM BST
Agree - couldn't believe it was April 19th - no way he'd risk it.  Likely another date  (if true at all).
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 8:14 PM BST
Misleading information is a key factor that can affect the accuracy of eyewitness testimony. Misleading information is incorrect information given to an eyewitness following an event.

You lot are driven so much by hatred you will allow anything. Shame on you.
Report Angoose May 26, 2020 8:18 PM BST
Was there any misleading information included in the ads you responded to for racing tipsters and bitcoin Confused
Report Wallflower May 26, 2020 8:20 PM BST
would you calm downHappy.

I couldn't care less really for reasons I outlined earlier. You seem so blinkered, you don't refer to the other side of the coin - which is not open to interpretation.

Downing Street DENIED the Cummings family was spoken to. This denial was a lie. Only two alternatives:

(1) Downing Street purposely LIED
(2) Cummings lied to Downing Street

.....which do you think is the case? Third option I cant think of. Not sure myself.
Report Angoose May 26, 2020 8:24 PM BST
Option (3) They don't know what they are doing.
And to be fair, the Barnard Castle defence does provide substantial evidence to support this option.
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 8:44 PM BST
You don't get it do you Wall. The Police have admitted they misled everyone how then do you know when they are telling the truth?

Yes the ads were misleading and that is wrong as well. No double standards here only with you guys.
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 8:48 PM BST
Pray tell me Wall. Who said the family were spoken to? It wouldn't be the Durham Police would It?
Report Wallflower May 26, 2020 9:14 PM BST
Yes, Durham Police.

I assume we wont be sure its really true until Downing Street deny itGrin.
Report politicspunter May 26, 2020 9:24 PM BST
Cummings knew he had been spotted at Barnard Castle. When it was confirmed by a witness or two, he then invented the ridiculous fib about him testing his eyesight in order to try and backfit his movements.
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 10:06 PM BST
They don't need to deny it. Durham Police have lost all credibility in the case.
Report Wallflower May 26, 2020 10:18 PM BST
brigust1 26 May 20 21:06 
They don't need to deny it. Durham Police have lost all credibility in the case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not nearly the credibility that Cummings and Johnson have lost. Not even close to that.
Report politicspunter May 26, 2020 10:22 PM BST
Durham police have lost credibility? Brigust can't be serious. It was number ten that denied the police had spoken to the Cummings family, when of course they had.
Report thegiggilo May 26, 2020 10:38 PM BST
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1265393736449736704
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 11:25 PM BST
You are up a drainpipe now Wallflower. Best stop climbing.

As I said the Durham Police have admitted they gave out misleading information. They lied. End of. How can you believe what they say when the chips were down they lied.
Case closed. Unlock.
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 11:33 PM BST
And you keep saying No 10 and Downing Street said this and that. Who said? This is just a hide behind standard claim by newspapers to retract a denial. Did Cummings say or did Boris say? Anything else you say means absolutely nothing.  Just stirring up trouble like some of the papers.
Report Wallflower May 26, 2020 11:38 PM BST
Downing Street lied (or Cummings lied to Downing Street).

Dispute that if you can.  Never mind your whataboutery or diversions.

Extremely comfortable in my views/position. Couldn't be more confident. You need to detach yourself and look at it more factually and dispassionately.

Happy
Report brigust1 May 26, 2020 11:46 PM BST
The fact is you have no idea what you are talking about Wallflower. You don't know who said what and you do know the Durham Police lied ffs. Their position and your position is untenable.
All you have left is your bigotry and bias. Good luck with that it is going to be a long 10 years.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 12:01 AM BST
"...... No 10 statement continues -‘At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported. His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally.

Look it up for yourself....  or are you telling me this was not part of the original official statement.  You do know what an official Downing Street statement is?  I hope.

So less of the "bigotry and bias" pleaseAngry.  I told you I dont care one way or the other.  But its easy to discern the facts (and most of the lies) in this case.

Either Downing Street (OFFICIAL STATEMENT) is a lie or they were lied to.  Its an either / or. 

Its not a matter of knowing what I'm talking about.  Its who lied to who between Downing Street office / Cummings.  Somebody did.
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 12:04 AM BST

May 26, 2020 -- 6:01PM, Wallflower wrote:

"...... No 10 statement continues -‘At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported. His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally.’Look it up for yourself....  or are you telling me this was not part of the original official statement.  You do know what an official Downing Street statement is?  I hope.So less of the "bigotry and bias" please.  I told you I dont care one way or the other.  But its easy to discern the facts (and most of the lies) in this case.Either Downing Street (OFFICIAL STATEMENT) is a lie or they were lied to.  Its an either / or.  Its not a matter of knowing what I'm talking about.  Its who lied to who between Downing Street office / Cummings.  Somebody did.

This is common knowledge. What can be in dispute?

Report unitedbiscuits May 27, 2020 8:43 AM BST
bigrust put in quite a shift yesterday before he crumpled.

Thank you for your concern for me and others, bigrust. You missed a beautiful day.
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 9:11 AM BST
Actually you are right United I really should thank you guys for keeping me entertained. I am at my desk all day most days now and I find this is a little light relief. Thank you.

Wallflower the press use such statements all the time when they are guessing something just to get a reaction. They think it somehow makes them being truthful but it is quite the opposite. They use it with the Royal family as well. So if your already flimsy and rubbished argument is now based on this evidence then the story ends. Don't you think?

It was the press that lied. How unusual is that?
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 9:12 AM BST
If they had an official statement on No10 paper it would have been all over the papers.
Report cryoftruth May 27, 2020 11:22 AM BST
Really Brigadier

Your position is hopeless. Most of the country knows Cummings broke lockdown and then lied about it. While he was at it he then lied about his previous work on pandemics, having been caught updating a previous blog.

And none if it would have come to light except he was seen reported and exposed by the press.

He is not sorry and is so self obsessed he does not even begin to doubt that his multiple breaches of lockdown were wrong, let alone have the humility to apologise to the country for undermining our efforts to deal with the virus.

His  excuse for spreading the virus when he knew he was ill is pitiful. His excuse for driving his virus ridden wife more than half way up England is just ridiculous, when many thousands of others with kids had to manage & stay  home as he (Cummings) had told them to via his protege Johnson and the hapless idiot Hancock.

His just happening to drive wife (on her birthday) and child to Castle Howard, go for a river walk, stop at woods en route back to Durham to “test his eye sight” is such a transparently stinking pinocceo that I am honestly baffled as to why anyone would possibly believe a single word.

Many may die as a result of the loss of trust he and Johnson have now instilled in the British public. The Governemnts messages of how we should manage virus spread has been trashed. A more incompetent and a more wicked regime we have not endured in the UK in anyone’s living memory.

And all this after the PPE, care homes, late testing, late lockdown and death planes scandal.
Report sofiakenny May 27, 2020 11:33 AM BST
cryoftruth...excellent post.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 12:05 PM BST
brigust1 27 May 20 08:11 
Actually you are right United I really should thank you guys for keeping me entertained. I am at my desk all day most days now and I find this is a little light relief. Thank you.

Wallflower the press use such statements all the time when they are guessing something just to get a reaction. They think it somehow makes them being truthful but it is quite the opposite. They use it with the Royal family as well. So if your already flimsy and rubbished argument is now based on this evidence then the story ends. Don't you think?

It was the press that lied. How unusual is that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...the press use such statements all the time when they are guessing something just to get a reaction..."

Ok - something you badly need to understand. Downing Street Statements are OFFICIAL communiques from the Prime Minister's Office.  They happen every day - for example, the Coronavirus update you see daily are Downing Street Statements - you can read / download the transcripts if you want. It is official, recorded, for the historical record communication.

It is NOT for interpretation or guessing etc. You can give an opinion obviously but you cannot adjust the message - nothing to do with the press or anybody else. The press didnt make this statement - they relayed word for word, as they must.

Again - OFFICIAL STATEMENT  23rd MAY VERBATIM --‘At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported. His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally.’

Nobody is making this up. Do you get this much? It is an INDISPUTABLE FACT as plain as day. 

One step at a time - straight question:-  are you telling me this was NOT the official communication from the PM Office (ie Downing Street)
Report Angoose May 27, 2020 12:53 PM BST
This should be good Happy
Report thegiggilo May 27, 2020 3:02 PM BST
https://twitter.com/DaveH96899945/status/1265578921799626752

His wife with her fantasy story,spoken as though it's a drama from the 50s what a complete embarassment..
Report Angoose May 27, 2020 3:36 PM BST
Deary me Cry
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 4:15 PM BST
Hi guys, been busy today. Goodness leave you alone to your own devices and you do talk some rubbish You really need Dom to keep you in line.

I clearly missed the Official Statement from No.10 Wall, if you could show me a copy you have seen it would be appreciated.
Report cryoftruth May 27, 2020 7:22 PM BST
Welcome back brigadier.
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 7:23 PM BST
Cummings son Cedd named after an Anglo-Saxon saint who travelled to Northumbria and died of plague after infecting many others.
Report cryoftruth May 27, 2020 7:26 PM BST
I thought he was called arrogant turd after his father.
Report MrBaboon May 27, 2020 7:37 PM BST
Cummings did the right thing.
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 7:38 PM BST
Anglo-Saxon, term used historically to describe any member of the Germanic peoples who, from the 5th century ce to the time of the Norman Conquest (1066), inhabited and ruled territories that are today part of England and Wales.

effing EU again. Spreading the plague this time. First them then China. We should sue.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 7:38 PM BST
Statement isn't on Government feed, so can't locate - thats interesting in itself.  Copy circulated to press.

Photo here,  numerous twitter and online sites quote it word for word - its very easy to find. Its not that it matters that much but just clarifying the above were DOWNING STREET statements, as I stated. 

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1264124644191277057/photo/1

My point is either Downing St or Cummings were lying. More likely contrived between both. But hey-ho, its hardly a surprise - career liars both.

You are also missing the point - its not so much his breaking the rules as the whole attitude combined with the pathetic / nonsensical nature of the excuses that has the public riled-up as much as they are.  i.e. "ok, you broke the rules  - but show a bit of regret and do us the courtesy of coming up with a half decent storyShocked - this eye-test sh1te just insults 60 million people even more".
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 7:39 PM BST
Led by the nose Wallflower. Will you give it up. The press have made a patsy of you.
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 7:41 PM BST
The press have been career liars since long before Boris and Dominic came along. Or didn't you know?
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 7:48 PM BST

May 27, 2020 -- 1:38PM, Wallflower wrote:

Statement isn't on Government feed, so can't locate - thats interesting in itself.  Copy circulated to press.Photo here,  numerous twitter and online sites quote it word for word - its very easy to find. Its not that it matters that much but just clarifying the above were DOWNING STREET statements, as I stated.  https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1264124644191277057/photo/1My point is either Downing St or Cummings were lying. More likely contrived between both. But hey-ho, its hardly a surprise - career liars both.You are also missing the point - its not so much his breaking the rules as the whole attitude combined with the pathetic / nonsensical nature of the excuses that has the public riled-up as much as they are.  i.e. "ok, you broke the rules  - but show a bit of regret and do us the courtesy of coming up with a half decent story - this eye-test sh1te just insults 60 million people even more".

The eyetest bit is cringeworthy just thinking about it. How can this whole scenario be allowed to happen? What sort of "government" have we got? A damn poor one, very poor.

Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 7:52 PM BST
Oh yes indeed they have, that is true  But glad to see you are acknowledging Johnson and Cummings as liars.

In this particular case though we are dealing in hard facts. Press in this instance are comfortable, Johnson and Cummings are squirming.Happy.

The were forced to move from 'not wasting our time with false allegations from campaigning newspapers" to a full-blown press conference to acknowledge the substance of the story.

As I said, I dont care really one way or the other - though every little thing, no matter how small that helps Scottish Independence is good - this is minor really but is helpful. Though admittedly I am enjoying it, watching the exposureLaugh
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 7:54 PM BST
No wonder the opinion polls are going mental just now. Labour have got the gap down to 6 (was 26 just over a month ago), the SNP polling is going through the roof (54%) which would wipe out every tory MP up there with a bit to spare. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised that the difference in the Calderwood/ Cummings outcomes are driving these changes.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 7:56 PM BST
Cummings reputation is badly damaged no matter what.  Hated by the Tory party, seen as quite ordinary - his "performance" has been very mediocre (and that is being kind). Looks like a one trick pony.

If that is the Brexit "architect" they are going to get destroyed by the heavy hitters of the EU. No doubt.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 7:57 PM BST
johnson reputation and standing has plummeted during this crisis. Wont recover.
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 8:01 PM BST
BBC admits Emily Maitlis DID breach impartiality rules: Broadcaster says Newsnight staff will be 'reminded of guidelines' but viewers demand Ofcom probe into her amazing diatribe over Dominic Cummings and PM.

The media are coming apart. Not before time.
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 8:01 PM BST

May 27, 2020 -- 1:57PM, Wallflower wrote:

johnson reputation and standing has plummeted during this crisis. Wont recover.

On 28th April Boris approval rating was +39. Be lucky if it's still in positive territory today.

Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 8:03 PM BST
The tory party have 365 MPs. Possibly 40 are unhappy. Do the maths ffs.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 8:07 PM BST
Hey you - leave Emily aloneAngry.  She can do wrongLoveLove !! 

My only real criticism is that she can distract me from the interviewsGrin
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 8:10 PM BST
brigust1 27 May 20 19:03 
The tory party have 365 MPs. Possibly 40 are unhappy. Do the maths ffs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok then - majority of 80.  Theoretically Vote of confidence in PM or Govt  -  40 vote against Majority gone.  Just saying.Cool
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 8:26 PM BST
In your dreams Wallflower. Goodness me Wallfower you are clutching at straws now. I gave it till the end of the week and we are nearly there.
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 8:29 PM BST
All you have done is prove that the Police are liars and the press are liars and the BBC have have been had for breaching the impartiality rules.
You could not lose any bigger.  You have won absolutely nothing ffs.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 8:30 PM BST
I know - I just helped with your maths question, since you asked.  F*ck sake, you give a guy who asks a helping hand and this is all you getShocked.

PS.  I think you find my calculations to your specific query are correctCool
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 10:04 PM BST
Time to give it up Wall. You tried to force the pace for a while but you're pretty much beaten and weakening out of contention now. Nice try. But no cigar.
Report politicspunter May 27, 2020 10:09 PM BST

May 27, 2020 -- 2:30PM, Wallflower wrote:

I know - I just helped with your maths question, since you asked.  F*ck sake, you give a guy who asks a helping hand and this is all you get.PS.  I think you find my calculations to your specific query are correct

You are wasting your time with brigust. Just block him, I had to. He is an abusive troll who will follow you around every day until you shut him off.

Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 10:25 PM BST
brigust - haven't even broke sweatHappy. Just eased off a bit as I thought you were obviously getting frazzled defending the nonsensical - I knew you this as you were verging on getting insulting. So some free advice (to go with the maths lesson) count to ten before you hit send. If you cant be logical I wont think any less of you as long as you are civil at least. Thanks, appreciated.

PP may have lost patience, but I'll persist for a while, if I feel like it.

Being serious here - try and up your game a bit. Hint - more facts, information, analysis and less personal comments. Good lad.
Report Whisperingdeath May 27, 2020 10:42 PM BST
Gawn by Friday
Report brigust1 May 27, 2020 11:12 PM BST
Wallflower I can do the maths, thanks. Do you seriously think the 40 who would like to get rid of Cummings would vote the Government down?
Is that what you are telling me?
And that is if there are 40. We only have the media to tell us that. It could be 10.
Report Angoose May 27, 2020 11:13 PM BST
Read their letters and tweets. Then take off your shoes and socks to help with the count.
Report Wallflower May 27, 2020 11:46 PM BST
brigust, of course not (at the moment, who knows in years to come). My post wasn't about events or likelihood but about the number (the maths as per the post).

The implication of your post was that 40 was an insignificant amount given the number of Tory seats - but coincidently it is THE number (well 41 to be sure).

In the future if there is some problem with Johnson (actually its not that far-fetched, given (a) his lifestyle, (b) lying habits, (c) possible delayed Brexit and now (4) residual resentment within Torydom over Cummings) and he was faced with a confidence vote of some kind in the commons - he would have to keep the rebel number to below 41.  That's all.

In such a scenario - Johnson would lose premiership but Tories would still be in power. Any 'heave' against him and he would need to keep the rebel number below 40. 

So that's all - the mathematical significance of 40. Think you were wrong to dismiss that number in itself - its more dangerous to Johnson than you would think, perhaps not now.........but......
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 12:08 AM BST
https://twitter.com/electionmapsuk/status/1265775231911804930?s=21

101 Conservative MPs (28%) have now publicly criticised the actions of chief adviser to the PM Dominic Cummings, including 43 MPs (12%) calling for him to resign.
Report A_T May 28, 2020 8:13 AM BST
Cummings changed his blog to make it look like had had predicted the virus lasy year - then boasted about it in his presser. If he lies about this how can we believe anything else he says?
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 9:30 AM BST
Angoose: ELECTIONMAPSUK WAS FOUNDED IN MARCH 2017 AND HAS QUICKLY GROWN INTO ONE OF THE LARGEST PSEPHOLOGY ACCOUNTS ON TWITTER (THANK YOU SO MUCH) WITH OVER 75,000 FOLLOWERS AT THE TIME OF WRITING. ELECTIONMAPSUK IS RUN BY MYSELF AS A HOBBY. Just so you know who you are representing.

Wallflower: That was exactly my point. 40 MP's was a significant number why do you think it wasn't 35 or 45? All I think is that people should not rely on what they are told they should have the courage to rely on their own opinion unless they KNOW FOR CERTAIN where their information is coming from.
The only person you can trust is YOU!
If you don't believe Cummings just say so.
If you don't want Brexit, say so. If you want Scottish Independence, say so. If you want Starmer in No 10 say so. It really isn't difficult but at least the people you are talking to know where you are coming from.

PP got peed off because he kept putting up, and keeps putting up Poll ratings without knowing who commissioned the poll, where it was done, what the question was and how many they polled. That's rubbish.
He should have the courage to say what HE thinks not what he is told to think. If he doesn't like Boris have the courage to just say so.

His last polls have been about Boris's rating going down. Well I like Boris and his rating has not gone down at all with me. And I suggest not with anyone else who likes Boris. So the people they have polled are not people like me.   

Stand by your own convictions.
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 9:37 AM BST
Honestly, the depths of wishful thinking!!

Are people really wasting their time attempting to calculate the tipping pont at which backbench rebellion will oust Johnson, or force him even to hand them Cummings's head? You've all gone down some Carrollian rabbit-hole in which all your earthly fantasies are realised.

There will not be a Tory insurrection against Boris now or any time soon. They know they would consign the Tory Party to extinction. You may want this, they don't.

As for Cummings, I neither like nor dislike him, but if Johnson is determined to keep him on, which apparently he is, there is absolutely nothing you, The Guardian, Sajid Jarvis or anybody else can do about it except carry on seething.
Report sofiakenny May 28, 2020 9:42 AM BST
I think you may find the Barclay brothers and Rupert Murdoch may have a say in this shambolic governments future.
Report politicspunter May 28, 2020 9:43 AM BST
UK (GB), Redfield & Wilton Strategies poll:

CON-ECR: 43% (-4)
LAB-S&D: 37% (+2)
LDEM-RE: 9%
SNP-G/EFA: 5% (+1)
GREENS-G/EFA: 3%
PC-G/EFA: 0%

+/- vs. 16 May 2020

Fieldwork: 27 May 2020
Sample size: 1,500

Another polling company has the lead down to 6%.
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 9:47 AM BST
PP  Hire Us
If you are interested in hiring us to conduct research specific to your organisation’s or campaign’s needs, please email us at inquiries@redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com.
Report politicspunter May 28, 2020 9:53 AM BST
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1265914332740804614/photo/1

The Dominic Cummings row will make it harder to get future lockdown messaging across to the public, say Brits.
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 10:28 AM BST
I wonder what the figure in the YouGov poll would be if they used any of the above instead of politicising it?

“When Stephen Kinnock broke the rules did Keir Starmer call for his resignation?

“When Tahir Ali MP attended a funeral did Keir Starmer call for his resignation?

“When Kevan Jones MP went to a birthday party broke the rules did Keir Starmer call for their resignation?
Report politicspunter May 28, 2020 10:32 AM BST
https://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2020/05/rolling-list-of-conservative-mps-whove-called-on-cummings-to-go.html#idc-cover)

List of Conservative MPs calling for Cummings to go. Not sure how up to date it is as I thought Sajid Javid should be on there? Perhaps there is a fine line between those that say he should go and those that say what he did was wrong?
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 10:36 AM BST
I don't know Cummings but if Boris thinks he is good for the country, and I don't think for one minute he would keep someone who he thought wasn't good for the country, then that is good enough for me

Oh dear,

The way they have handled the situation is appalling and negligent. They don't know what they are doing. The real disaster is what they have wreaked on the economy. The economy is hardly in the headlines but it will be as thousands of businesses go bust and hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs. That will make the Corona Virus catastrophe look like a tea party.

Our country is leaderless and rudderless. The Prime Minister is a buffoon and a liar out of his depth with a Cabinet of fools and incompetents. Even Sushi Ballsack who appeared to be the one bright star has built a rod for our backs with the Furlough Scheme. We are in a terrible mess and we are paying for people to do nothing while they should be working. Ending in tears is the least of our worries!
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 10:55 AM BST
^^Who do you suggest should be running the country and who do you think could have done better? I personally don't think anyone could have. The country was ill-prepared and running from a standing start. I'm not sure the scientists knew the answer but that was, I think, the only logical way to go.
It is easy pointing the finger but what do you suggest?
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 11:15 AM BST
I think you will find that there were many people pointing out the lack of Government action at the time. I know from certain timelines and dates that affected me how useless this Government have been. It is not just them by the way but leaders in all industries and even owners of businesses.

First thing as this was kicking off in China and spreading to Italy in my gym in February I knew I needed to wash my hands with sanitizer after using machines at the gym. there was none on the gym floor, bad enough at the best of times but while a pandemic was taking effect this was negligent by gym owners who i have no sympathy with now for being locked out of business.

I told my mum I would do her shopping in February and I did not want her going out. You don't need a degree in the art of the bleedin' obvious from the university of life for that one do you...or maybe people in Government went to the wrong University.

In my job we knicked all the PPE off other crews as we knew we would not be able to work without it. This was in February. I have a small stock of FFP3 N95 masks for my disposal and latex gloves ( that Euro Car Parts are now knocking out at 20 Sovs a box rather than 4 ). My own firm did not see this coming and order bulk supplies. Why did not someone in the Health Ministry think about this?

Why was track and Trace cancelled in mid March?

On 6th of March I attended a function in London starting around midday although we hit the pub at 11:30. I was bemused by the lack of people wearing gloves or a mask on the Tube. I forgot mine but am not a regular tube user. As i walked along the Strand I notice no shops had hand sanitizer. The pub didn't have any on the bar either or by the card machine. I washed my hands in the khazi before drinking and did not eat any peanuts!

13th of March I was due to fly to Rome for the Six Nations match. The flight went without me and my flight back from Barcelona on Monday was not cancelled either, why? The FCO did not advise not to go to Italy or Spain...why? Too scared to upset the airlines?

It was not until the following Friday that Dorris wanted the bars closed and finally 24th when we locked down. Far too late and now it has been far too long.

Easy with hindsight of course but The Government has shown a lack of foresight and intelligence. That is what they are there for to protect us and they haven't.

Yes easy to point the finger but maybe they should have asked me first!
Report politicspunter May 28, 2020 11:15 AM BST
Gyles Brandreth
@GylesB1
I steer clear of all controversy (it's not good for the digestion) but I do love an anagram & via the Chief Crossword Compiler for The Times I hear that a
Telegraph compiler has turned:
STAY ALERT; CONTROL THE VIRUS; SAVE LIVES ...
into:
EASILY SURVIVES TRAVEL NORTH TO CASTLE ...
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 11:17 AM BST
That'll get them going on twitter Grin
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 11:39 AM BST
People using hindsight to accuse someone of lacking foresight is most amusing.
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 11:56 AM BST
Only to a half wit
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 11:59 AM BST
It's the blame game is it Whisper?
I had a flight booked to France for 20th March and I wanted to go. I wasn't fearing for anything then, as I recall, and it was only cancelled on the very day because France went into lockdown on the 17th March and that is only 9 weeks ago.   
But if we do a blame game where do we begin.

Do we blame the voters for putting in a Government with no experience in pandemics?
Do we blame the EU for forcing May out of power with women apparently doing better in this pandemic?
Do we blame Blair for his open door policy because the virus came into the country from elsewhere?
Do we blame Maggie Thatcher for encouraging us to own our own homes meaning women couldn't stay at home to care for the elderly?
Do we blame the Chinese for starting all of this?

Everyone is to blame but that solves nothing Whisper. We must all pull together to get out of this mess. Unless you have a better idea I suppose?
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 12:12 PM BST
I have plenty of better ideas bri

I would not have stopped people getting fresh air or sunbathing while isolated in distance.

I would have kept garden nurseries and diy open

I would have sent outdoor workers back to work much sooner

There had been some real dumfukkery by this Government who still do not have a clue what they are doing.

The football clubs curtailed their games not the Government you like me worked out travelling abroad could have both health and financial consequences. The Government did not. We showed foresight the Government did not.

We have the Government we have. We deserve them. It is a good lesson for us but many will pay a higher price than me.

There is one rule for them and one rule for us. We are not all in this together
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 12:15 PM BST
Jenrick just confirmed as making an unlawful decision for Tory Doner and property developer

We are all in this together

£40 million favour infrastructure levy !
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 12:56 PM BST
They will have made mistakes I am sure but these are unusual and unchartered waters anyone who tries to pass blame is only scoring cheap points.

I think their choice of following the scientists was the wise decision and we will all be better off in the future I hope.
Report jollyswagman May 28, 2020 1:02 PM BST
durham police say a minor breach visiting the castle, no further action to be taken against cummings.
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 1:07 PM BST
They went on to say that if he had been spotted and stopped, he would have been asked to return home.
If he failed to do so, they would have taken further action.
Report thegiggilo May 28, 2020 1:19 PM BST
Another one swept under the carpet,complete waste of time and it will continue till the tories stop corrupting everything..
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 1:52 PM BST
Its statement said the journey ‘might have been a minor breach of the regulations that would have warranted police intervention’.

Note the word MIGHT which has been overlooked by some.
Report jollyswagman May 28, 2020 1:56 PM BST
sorry, mea culpa

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1265980646436024322

that is their statement for those interested.
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 2:12 PM BST
Thanks Jolly. Good one.
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 2:53 PM BST

May 28, 2020 -- 7:52AM, brigust1 wrote:

Its statement said the journey ‘might have been a minor breach of the regulations that would have warranted police intervention’.Note the word MIGHT which has been overlooked by some.

And misunderstood by others such as yourself.

Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 3:08 PM BST
Nothing else to see here. Move along, please.
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 3:21 PM BST
How long have you felt the need to always have the last word ?
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 4:11 PM BST
An entire week of hue and cry, for what?

Another blow for the divisive, bitter and implacable opponents of democracy.

Please don't give up chaps, your continuing discombobulation is about the only thing worth getting up for at the moment.
Report sofiakenny May 28, 2020 4:19 PM BST
the government are meant to serve the people..the people have said for Cummings to go..this is hurting Boris.
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 4:23 PM BST
What people you dribbling clown?
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 4:24 PM BST
Angoose, it is just a figure on speech. Or should I say it Might be a figure of speech?

Goodness, I hope you have something better to get up for Jed. I have so much to do I seriously think today will be my last day. It is pretty depressing on here.

Sofia you can have a free vote for the people in about 5 years time, how good is that?
Report Angoose May 28, 2020 4:30 PM BST
Four years time, unless the FTPA is changed.
Report sofiakenny May 28, 2020 4:38 PM BST
jed I learnt the art of dribbling clowning from Boris and his cabinet of gutless sycophants..didn't they teach me well!
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 4:39 PM BST
How on Earth is that going to happen Angoose?
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 4:40 PM BST
Is it 4 years Ang, doesn't time go fast?
Report jed.davison May 28, 2020 4:41 PM BST
Given your mastery sofiakenny, I suspect you've been honing your skills since Boris was playing fives.
Report sofiakenny May 28, 2020 4:49 PM BST
thank you jed I'm a quick learner..hopefully I can get even better and never miss a govt briefing...Hancok is my fav but Jenrick has also taught me a lot but the king of them all is Boris...Its great living in what you call a democracy led by a eugenic weirdo who to the best of my knowledge wasn't voted in by anyone...Make Britain a Laughing Stock seems to be the plan.
Report Whisperingdeath May 28, 2020 5:35 PM BST
Democratic censorship of the scientists!

Dorris can now make up his own questions and answer them himself!

Is Cummings responsible for for placing these clowns in Ministerial office to make the Buffon in Chief look any better? It is not working!
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 5:55 PM BST
Very well handled Boris. Showing some leadership. Wink
Report brigust1 May 28, 2020 5:56 PM BST
Wasn't voted in by anyone, Sofia? Have I missed something?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com