Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
politicspunter
22 Apr 20 11:43
| Topic/replies: 24,895 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
Election year in USA with voting scheduled for November 3rd.  This thread is for events folks will be voting on, and more importantly betting on (!) outwith the President outcome itself.  There are loads of markets appearing, particularly betting on which presidential candidate will win each state and also senate elections in each state.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2020 USA General Election, House,...
Show More
Report A_T January 20, 2021 9:15 AM GMT
What is the Inauguration Day schedule?
An inaugural celebration for young Americans (10 am)
The Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) will host a first-ever curated livestream for young Americans.

It will be hosted by actress Keke Palmer, and will feature a special message from Dr Jill Biden.

There will also be commentary from historians Doris Kearns Goodwin and Erica Armstrong Dunbar and a segment on presidential pets produced by Nickelodeon.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13780290/inauguration-day-schedule-president-elect-joe-biden/
Report politicspunter January 20, 2021 9:16 AM GMT
The polls are wrong! Fake polls! **** election! Machines fixed by Fidel/Chavez! A ferrari just drew up with 10K Democrat ballots in it....oh how I am going to miss this licence to print money Laugh
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 20, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
I got 1.02 matched this morning on exit date 2021! I also had some more 1.02 that was very close to getting matched, but now there's quite a lot on the 1.01 on the lay side so probably won't happen. But I can't complain, the gift of MAGA kept giving until the end Happy
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 12:50 PM GMT
Just lay the 190..
Report llama1 January 20, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
Someone still trying to BACK for £2,000 @ 290 for 2025 or Later......
Report llama1 January 20, 2021 3:36 PM GMT
Just need to borrow half a million pounds for a couple of hours?
Report SontaranStratagem January 20, 2021 3:57 PM GMT
Sloppy Joes pretending he's so important he's had the whole national guard drafted in... no one will even bother trying to waste him ffs Crazy
Report cdog January 20, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
55 minutes left. 230. What on earth will it take to finally take it out to 1000?
Report politicspunter January 20, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
A brain transplant?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 4:16 PM GMT
Money still hiding, trying to force price in, lol
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
Report llama1 January 20, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Unfortunately, 100 Million Pounds will not be matched on this market....Or will it?
Report cdog January 20, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Harris literally being sworn in. What do the 390 backers think  - that she's going to be Trump's new VP? Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
Out to 500,lol

The goppers coup has about 6 minutes to save them...
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
Report cdog January 20, 2021 4:55 PM GMT
780, looks like him being sworn in has made the difference at last
Report politicspunter January 20, 2021 4:55 PM GMT
Where is timber and SS when you need them? Laugh
Report llama1 January 20, 2021 4:58 PM GMT
There is still "Trump to Leave Before End of 1st Term Market' still open to LAY @ 1000
Report llama1 January 20, 2021 5:02 PM GMT
Amazingly ALL settled....Just in time to LAY more money on Trump 1st Term Market....
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
Trump technically left 11 minutes early

Will they be paying out?

Lol
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 5:04 PM GMT
Time for a withdrawal!
Report politicspunter January 20, 2021 5:04 PM GMT
Everyone should get over to the 2024 market and lay Harris at a crazily short price to win outright.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
Is citizen Khan not a better bet?
Report cdog January 20, 2021 5:08 PM GMT
They all know him
Report politicspunter January 20, 2021 5:09 PM GMT
Well yes, but there is no guarantee that election will go ahead because of Covid.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 20, 2021 5:36 PM GMT
Postal vote might suit just as well, and wind
up the right wing loons a little bit more.
Report SontaranStratagem January 20, 2021 7:29 PM GMT
Long civil war that one, probably the quickest one in history? and how much they went over board with it you'd have thought it would never be ended. 2 hours taking selfies in the capitol building followed by 2 weeks of them playing it up as something massive and then... Biden sworn in without a shot fired and they declare "end to uncivil war"... Something needs to change with this society because the utter fooking nonsense going on in it is totally pathetic.
Report SontaranStratagem January 20, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
They will be putting this s*ite in their history books as well Sad

But the story in that book will be of something different than we witnessed first hand

Something tells me they've been doing this for 100s of years as well, our history is b0llocks
Report timbuctooth January 20, 2021 9:25 PM GMT
I haven`t posted on here since election day, and I see many posts pondering my whereabouts, accusing me of running away. Here`s my post from election night 2016;

timbuctooth 09 Nov 16 08:40
Clinton concedes.
Never in doubt.
When it comes to late nights, I don`t think I`ve ever been accused of being a lightweight, GB2, I`ve been here all night! You might know I`m an Indie bookie, with a large part of my life determined by luck. It`s not a big step from `luck` to `superstition`, and if I find something is `working`, I stick with it. As such, when I was posting earlier, I noticed that every time I posted, events turned against me; as soon as I`d stop posting, things improved. So, I didn`t want to bok anything by posting, even ignoring Tom`s enquiries into my whereabouts. Sorry, Tom, but I just couldn`t risk posting.
Well done all winners, but now it`s bedtime. Good night.

So, as you can see, I have form for not posting about any result until it`s actually over. 2020 is now officially over, so I won`t be bokking anything by posting, and it`s time for the truth to be established, once and for all.

In my absence, a number of posters have repeatedly lied about me, with pp being the main culprit. Some of you may recall that, pre-election, on numerous occasions I had asked these posters to stop their lying, to stop asserting that I had lost in the `dem nom` market, and that I offered up a challenge to any of the liars; if I produced PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE that they were lying, they would leave the forum forever  and, if I couldn`t produce PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE, I would leave. None of them were brave or confident enough to take me up on it, with pp hiding behind the coward`s cloak of having blocked me, pretending he couldn`t see my challenge, and edy being particularly weaselly about it.
pp even resorted to stalking me on the `Specials` forum, being his usual unpleasant self, but he was sharply hounded off by my fellow posters, who`ve known me long enough to know I was telling the truth, he was lying.

The original lies referred only to the `dem nom` market, but pp has since extended the lies, to include the `POTUS` market as well, which he has bored everyone with, by repeatedly posting his lies.

Here`s the PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE that, contrary to pp`s lies, I did not lose on both markets, I wasn`t `wiped out` as he has gleefully, maliciously and erroneously, posted frequently, I won. On both.

(I`m not a techie, had assumed the clips would play one after the other, but seems not, you have to go back each time to get the next one. The first four are `POTUS`, the last three `dem nom`)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq1E1UhR29p65vk2bkVmuaQ

As posted at the time, both clients and friends have seen these lies, they have real-life consequences, so it`s imperative that the world knows pp has been lying all the time, while I was telling the truth; as such, not wanting anybody to be left with the wrong impression, wanting to reach every single person who might have read pp`s lies, I shall be posting this on numerous threads.
Report Whisperingdeath January 21, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
Long civil war that one, probably the quickest one in history?

Not sure these hillbillies have finished with their hate yet Sontaran. More to come. They are probably bored with politics now that Chump has hung them out to dry so will most likely go to race hate where they feel the most comfortable and don't have to think too much about it. The inbreds are well qualified in that spectre.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 21, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
President Biden has removed the Diet Coke button. When @ShippersUnbound and I interviewed Donald Trump in 2019, we became fascinated by what the little red button did. Eventually Trump pressed it, and a butler swiftly brought in a Diet Coke on a silver platter. It's gone now.

Twitter
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 21, 2021 11:44 PM GMT
Trump spends first night as a private citizen 'looking for lawyers for his impeachment trial'
One of Trump’s first calls was to Lindsey Graham, telling him he was 'looking for lawyers' for upcoming impeachment trial

By
Josie Ensor,
US CORRESPONDENT
21 January 2021 •
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 11:15 AM GMT
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/22/betfair-apologise-after-keeping-punter-100000-pounds-out-of-pocket-for-months

Betfair apologises after keeping punter £100,000 out of pocket for months
Report edy January 23, 2021 12:27 PM GMT

Jan 22, 2021 -- 12:44AM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Trump spends first night as a private citizen 'looking for lawyers for his impeachment trial'One of Trump’s first calls was to Lindsey Graham, telling him he was 'looking for lawyers' for upcoming impeachment trialByJosie Ensor, US CORRESPONDENT21 January 2021 •

Is Rudy officially cancelled? Sad

Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
Rudys on a train to nowhere..
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 12:46 PM GMT
Rudy's on a train to nowhere;
Halfway down the line
He don't wanna get there
But he needs time

He ain't sophisticated
Or well-educated
After all the hours he wasted-
Still he needs time

He needs time
He needs time for livin'
He needs time-
For someone just to see him

He ain't had no lovin'
For no reason or rhyme
And the whole world's above him

Well, it's not as though he's fat
Nah, there's more to it than that
See he tried to play it cool;
Wouldn't be nobody's fool

Rudy thought
That all good things
Comes to those that wait
But recently
He could see
That it may come but too late
Report Escapee January 23, 2021 1:05 PM GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/22/betfair-apologise-after-keeping-punter-100000-pounds-out-of-pocket-for-months

this deserves it's own thread.
sad that it took an investigation and calls from the guardian for betfair to miraculously find it within hours.

Report therhino January 23, 2021 1:38 PM GMT
Any chance of a market on the Biden impeachment proceedings? American politics is wild. A former President and a President in the job for less than a week both with impeachment articles against them.

Washington DC is a 24/7 sh1t show.
Report edy January 23, 2021 1:50 PM GMT
Marjorie is just the chief QAnoner.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 1:56 PM GMT

Jan 23, 2021 -- 2:38PM, therhino wrote:

Any chance of a market on the Biden impeachment proceedings? American politics is wild. A former President and a President in the job for less than a week both with impeachment articles against them. Washington DC is a 24/7 sh1t show.

Biden impeachment? What for exactly please?

Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
There was a dem rep who used to impeach trump every week*

*exaggeration for dramatic purposed.
Report therhino January 23, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-republican-congresswomans-astonishing-mo...
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-republican-congresswomans-astonishing-move-to-impeach-joe-biden/OBU5KVZQBVACVHMUCEQ25G2IKI/
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 2:13 PM GMT
Hmm, could she be just a wee bit nutty perhaps?
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 2:15 PM GMT
like most of her crowd she certainly knows how to get the mugs to empty their pockets.
Report therhino January 23, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
She is most likely a bit nutty.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 23, 2021 2:28 PM GMT

Interesting one, and longstanding customer, I could tell you all a story about
a lost withdrawal, but I might get wrong....
Report A_T January 23, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
She's a QAnon wack job
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
re the £100k, they could have reported it as a suspicious transaction and triggered an investigation, which would mean they couldn't allow the customer to use the funds or tell him what was going on.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
Yes Dave, that's true. However, the Guardian story suggests that the customer cleared any possible hurdles by contacting Betfair, before depositing.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
Link..

Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
that wouldn't matter if compliance guy says no (and as he can be arrested and charged is understandable)
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 6:03 PM GMT
it's a more likely explanation than them losing and suddenly finding the funds.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
No explanation offered for deposit not being in account
Money returned after Guardian asked for investigation

Betfair has apologised to one of its customers after he was left out of pocket for many weeks when an attempted deposit of nearly £100,000 to place bets on the US election in November was taken from his bank but did not credit to his account.

The customer, a long-standing account holder with the betting exchange who lives in Ireland and bets mainly on horse racing and sport, arranged the transfer of €110,000 (£98,000) a week before the election on 3 November, having confirmed with Betfair’s customer service department that there were no limits on the amount he could deposit and that the deposit would be accepted. He also fulfilled all of the firm’s “KYC” – Know Your Customer – requirements.

Football Index clients' money could be trapped after fall in players' share prices
Read more
When the credit failed to appear on his account statement, he became increasingly concerned that his money had effectively vanished, but despite numerous daily contacts with Betfair’s customer service department, no one could tell him where it had gone.

His frustration increased as the election came and went with the money still missing from his exchange account. He then asked Betfair to return the money to the same bank account from which it had been transferred but again, despite “multiple requests and inquiries” to Betfair’s customer relations and escalations departments, the money remained somewhere in the exchange’s coffers.
Betfair’s market on the US election was the biggest in the exchange’s history, with around £500m matched on the outcome. Several weeks after it was finally settled, however, and more than 10 weeks after the customer attempted to make his deposit, his £100,000 was still missing. The money was finally returned to his account on Thursday, a few hours after the Guardian asked Betfair to investigate its whereabouts and the delay in returning it.

In an email to inform him of the transfer, a Betfair representative apologised for the “inconvenience brought about the delay”. The company declined to offer any further comment when contacted on Friday about the case.
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 6:12 PM GMT
I've read the article and my comment stands.
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
mainly because the refusal to explain where the money was is exactly the behaviour you would expect in those circumstances.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 6:20 PM GMT
I agree with you Dave that your explanation seems the most likely.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 23, 2021 6:28 PM GMT
You'd think the people he spoke to would explain to him.

I got no explanation despite contacting them 3 times, then
instead of receiving the money it was put back into my account
over 2 weeks later...
Report dave1357 January 23, 2021 6:49 PM GMT
yhtl - they can't say that they have reported - it's an offence
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 23, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
Dunno dave, maybe newspaper involvement was coincidence,
I still never got an explanation.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 23, 2021 8:08 PM GMT
I might add I have withdrawn money dozens of times since
and never a problem

Sometimes the withdrawal hits my bank account the day before before the deposit
Is taken from my bank if I deposit for a bet and withdraw same same day.
Report Giuseppe January 23, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
does anyone remember Intrade after the 2008 election?

took ages paying out, about two weeks IIRC
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 11:38 PM GMT
Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
·
29m
In a week that partly took place during the Trump administration, we've already met Biden's target of 1m vaccine doses/day. We need a higher target.
Report politicspunter January 23, 2021 11:45 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse
Report edy January 25, 2021 1:08 AM GMT
Heard Trump is getting inaugurated as the 19th President of the USA on March 4th now because what's currently known as the USA is just a corporation owned by the jews or something and not legit.
Report The Leopard January 25, 2021 1:58 AM GMT
Why 19th ?
Report edy January 25, 2021 2:27 AM GMT
I'm actually not entirely sure. I think it has something to do with the fourteenth amendment. That basically the USA became a corporation when there was some incorporation and every president since then has not been legitimate.

Look how happy and excited this lady gets when she reads out that the military will lift Trump into a dictatorship. Love

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1353441192395075584
Report cryoftruth January 25, 2021 8:59 AM GMT
Frightening tweet by someone who presents as being quite sane and rational and then spouts such astonishing drivel she is clearly either brainwashed and/or certifiable.
Report edy January 25, 2021 10:06 AM GMT
The text of the tweet is by one of the people who runs the QAnon Anonymous podcast,
Report dave1357 January 25, 2021 12:46 PM GMT
rudi don't take your lies to town

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani on Monday seeking $1.3 billion in damages for his "demonstrably false” allegations about the company's voting machines, the New York Times reports.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 25, 2021 6:46 PM GMT
"Champ is enjoying his new dog bed by the fireplace, and Major loved running around on the South Lawn," First Lady Jill Biden's press secretary Michael LaRosa says.
Report politicspunter January 25, 2021 8:30 PM GMT
US Senator Rob Portmand (R-Ohio) has announced he will NOT seek re-election in 2022. Joins fellow incumbents Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Richard Burr (R-NC) in deciding to retire in two years at end of current term.

Hmm, three Republican senators, three battleground states.
Report A_T January 25, 2021 8:46 PM GMT
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/25/us/politics/patrick-leahy-trump-impeachment.html

Senator Patrick Leahy, the longest-serving Democrat, will preside over Trump’s impeachment trial.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 25, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
Facebook has deleted a post by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and suspended a chatbot linked to his account for violating the company's privacy policy

Oh dear!
Report dave1357 January 25, 2021 9:22 PM GMT
Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has described a $1.3bn (£1.15bn) defamation lawsuit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems as “intimidation by the hate-filled left-wing”.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-slams-hate-filled-left-180023754.html
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 29, 2021 2:47 PM GMT
Ex-KGB agent says Russia cultivated Trump as an asset over 40 years, and that a network of Russian mobsters, expats, and intelligence assets used him to plant disinformation in American press as early as the 1980’s.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/29/trump-russia-asset-claims-former-kgb-spy-new-book
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 2:48 PM GMT
lol
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
oh look it's from a new book
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
the proceeds of which are being donated to charity
Report A_T January 29, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Georgia election board member to seek state AG probe of Trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-georgia-exclusive/exclusive-georgia-election-board-member-to-seek-state-ag-probe-of-trump-idUSKBN29X33L

(Reuters) - The lone Democrat on Georgia’s state election board plans to introduce a motion next month urging state attorney general Chris Carr to open a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the state’s 2020 election results.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2021 8:29 AM GMT
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/marjorie-taylor-greene-qanon-wildfires-space-laser-rothschild-execute.html

One of Trump top supporters in House of Representatives.
Report A_T January 30, 2021 9:44 AM GMT
I wonder how her impeachment of President Biden is going
Report A_T January 30, 2021 6:16 PM GMT
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-priest-exorcism-biden-election-fraud-b1794022.html

A priest who live-streamed himself performing exorcisms of alleged election fraud in 3 November’s presidential election, has left his post at a Roman Catholic diocese in Wisconsin.

The Diocese of Madison announced earlier this month that the parish and reverend John Zuhlsdorf had reached a mutual decision on the conservative priest leaving his post.

In a statement accompanying the announcement, Madison Catholic Diocese bishop Donald Hying said that Rev Zuhlsdorf had left his post to “to pursue other opportunities.” Grin
Report politicspunter January 31, 2021 8:30 AM GMT
Amazing storyGrin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 31, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
Reminds me of that woman ranting during the aftermath
of the election

Paula White... Calling on angels of Africa to cement trumps victory...
Report politicspunter January 31, 2021 1:35 PM GMT
Lol, I was thinking exactly the same Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzIym0eZsH0

Sing along everyone !!!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 31, 2021 2:05 PM GMT
Former President Donald Trump's five impeachment defense attorneys have left a little more than a week before his trial is set to begin, according to people familiar with the case, amid a disagreement over his legal strategy.

It was a dramatic development in the second impeachment trial for Trump, who has struggled to find lawyers willing to take his case. And now, with legal briefs due next week and a trial set to begin only days later, Trump is clinging to his election fraud charade and suddenly finds himself without legal representation.

Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier, who were expected to be two of the lead attorneys, are no longer on the team. A source familiar with the changes said it was a mutual decision for both to leave the legal team. As the lead attorney, Bowers assembled the team.
Report A_T February 1, 2021 4:40 PM GMT
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/us/politics/trump-election-donors-spending.html

Former President Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party entered this year having stockpiled more than $175 million from fund-raising in November and December based on his false claims of voter fraud, spending only a tiny fraction on lawyers and bills for his effort to overturn the presidential election, according to new campaign finance reports filed on Sunday night.

The picture that emerges in the new Federal Election Commission reports is of Mr. Trump mounting a furious public relations effort to spread the lie and keep generating money from it, rather than making a sustained legal push to try to support his conspiracy theories.

His campaign’s single biggest expense in December was a nearly $5 million media buy paid to the firm that bought his television advertisements. His second-largest payment, $4.4 million, was for online advertising. And the Republican National Committee pocketed millions of dollars in donations — collecting 25 cents for every dollar Mr. Trump raised online — in the final weeks of the year as it spent relatively little on legal costs.
Report politicspunter February 1, 2021 7:18 PM GMT
Where Did All The Bellwether Counties Go?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-did-all-the-bellwether-counties-go/?ex_cid=538twitter
Report politicspunter February 3, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
The GOP Might Still Be Trump’s Party. But That Doesn’t Mean There’s Room For Him.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gop-might-still-be-trumps-party-but-that-doesnt-mean-theres-room-for-him/
Report politicspunter February 4, 2021 12:19 AM GMT
Proud Boys: Canada labels far-right group a terrorist entity

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55923485
Report politicspunter February 5, 2021 6:34 PM GMT
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/537442-poll-64-percent-of-gop-voters-likely-to-join-a-trump-led-3rd

Poll: 64 percent of GOP voters say they would join a Trump-led new party

Goodie!
Report A_T February 10, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/us/politics/trump-georgia-investigation.html

Feb. 10, 2021
Updated 12:32 p.m. ET

ATLANTA — Prosecutors in Fulton County have initiated a criminal investigation into former President Donald J. Trump’s attempts to overturn Georgia’s election results, including a phone call he made to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which Mr. Trump pressured him to “find” enough votes to help him reverse his loss.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 11, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
Some writing on trumps covid scare

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/us/politics/trump-coronavirus.html

Report politicspunter February 16, 2021 12:09 PM GMT
He may have a lot on his plate as he advises his seventh US president, but the infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci has a reason to celebrate - he has been awarded a $1m (£717,000) Israeli prize for his commitment to science.

Dr Fauci, who was often at odds with former President Trump over how to handle the pandemic, is the winner of the Dan David Prize for "defending science".

He was also praised for being an advocate for Covid vaccines, and for his leadership on HIV research and Aids relief.

He is recognised for "courageously defending science in the face of uninformed opposition during the challenging Covid crisis", the awards committee says.

Thoroughly Deserved!
Report politicspunter February 20, 2021 12:34 PM GMT
The markets aren't exactly the same, word for word, but there are some massive price differences in the market concerning the first international visit of Joe Biden. Smarkets go 1.27/1.5 UK, Paddies go 2.0.  Smarkets go 4.2 Ireland, Paddies go 6.5. Biden already committed to coming to UK for G7 summit, wouldn't surprise me if he stopped off in Ireland en route.
Report politicspunter February 20, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
Paddies prices are also on Betfair Sportsbook.
Report politicspunter February 24, 2021 8:40 PM GMT
Trump the Downfall is on bbc2 at 9pm. It's an excellent behind the scenes look at the Trump campaign and starts a week or so before election day.
Report politicspunter February 24, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
Sorry, forget that, it's a different programme.
Report politicspunter February 24, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p093rzhd/the-trump-show-downfall

This is the one. It's still on bbc i player.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com