Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chipfire227
29 Nov 12 17:54
| Topic/replies: 3,793 | Blogger: chipfire227's blog
Looks a good promo if they can get the Leaderboard sorted, which has to be a doubt.

Shame it didnt start this week. Blush
Pause Switch to Standard View Sit and Go Hot streak promo
Show More
Report Helmuthian Folds November 29, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
This is the pokerstars method for STT leaderboards and I have been asking for this for 3 years.

Everyone who plays 20 STTs in a week has a chance of winning a prize which is great.

Obviously people who play hundreds or thousands a week have more chance of winning but that is fair enough as at least under this system everyone has some sort of chance!
Report gnashersblackpool November 29, 2012 10:42 PM GMT
scoring will be ok, its a room wide promo, not a betfair only 1.
question is what positin will chips mate sexysandy finish?
could b an intresting spread bet.
Report Bruce Willis November 29, 2012 10:59 PM GMT
Maximum points is 1000, So if you win 20 x $5.50 10 person sit in go's the 500 is yours, unless someone else does it and you have to split Laugh
Report chipfire227 November 30, 2012 11:20 AM GMT
Ahh thought it was BF only promo, didn't realise it was Ongame one. If it had run this week I'm pretty sure I would have been near the top, though just noticed it dont include 30 man games, which is a shame.

Yeah the bots sandy and schum are sure to be up near the top simply because law of averages mean they will get a hot streak. Sad
Report bully666 November 30, 2012 1:55 PM GMT
I am not quite sure I understand the rules, check this page:

http://www.ongamepromotions.com/xmas20streak/

Scroll at the end of the page where it says about blocks and how its calculated:

Leaderboard Points are awarded every time you cash in a Sit & Go tournament.

Your points are recorded in blocks of 20 sequential Sit & Go tournaments

Every player can play up to 5 blocks where we only count the best completed block towards the leaderboard!

What the hell does this mean ?
Report chipfire227 November 30, 2012 2:55 PM GMT
They take your best 20 consecutive game period from that week. So say you played 80 qualifying STT's that week and your best run of results came in games 20-39 those are the ones they would use.
Report gnashersblackpool November 30, 2012 4:04 PM GMT
from my understanding only your first 100 game scount towards this, and only in blocks 1 to 20 21 to 40, so if u win everey gsame between 11 and 30 u wouldnt get max points, u would get 10 wins in block 1 and 2.
Report gnashersblackpool November 30, 2012 4:05 PM GMT
1. Only Sit & Go tournaments are counted towards the leaderboard.

2. All Sit & Go tournaments will count towards the leaderboard except tournaments having more than 10 players and play money tournaments.

3. All game types are included in this promotion.

4. Each player’s points are recorded in blocks of 20 sequential Sit & Go tournaments. Every player can play up to 5 blocks where only the best completed block counts towards the leaderboard.

5. Round 1 of the leaderboard will run from Saturday 1 December at 00:01 GMT to Friday 7 December at 23:59 GMT.

6. Round 2 of the leaderboard will run from Saturday 8 December at 00:01 GMT to Friday 14 December at 23:59 GMT.

7. In the unlikely event that a position is tied between two or more players, the prizes for the places occupied will be combined and split equally. For example, if there is a tie for 3rd place, 3rd and 4th place prize money will be combined and split equally amongst the tied players.

8. Players can compete in both the Silver and Gold group and will be eligible for all the prize money earned in both leaderboards.

9. Players can track their progress and find rules and details about the promotion at www.ongamepromotions.com/xmas20streak.

10. The leaderboard will use the start date of a Sit & Go tournament to determine which block that tournament belong to.

11. The leaderboard will use the start date of a Sit & Go tournament when crediting tournament points. For example, if you enter a Sit & Go tournament within the promotional period but the tournament finishes outside the promotional period, then any points awarded counts towards the leaderboard.
Report gnashersblackpool November 30, 2012 4:05 PM GMT
Sit & Go Sequence's    Blocks    
1-20    First Block    
21-40    Second Block    
41-60    Third Block    Highest Block Score counted
61-80    Fourth Block    
81-100    Fifth Block
Report gnashersblackpool November 30, 2012 4:07 PM GMT
Q.  What kind of Sit & Go tournaments are included in the Hot Streak Promotion?     A. All real money Sit & Go tournaments with max 10 players, regardless of blinds structure or game speed.
Q.  How can I participate in this promotion?    A. The promotion is open to all real money players. Once you have played your first 20
Sit & Go tournaments, your score will be registered automatically on the relevant leaderboard.
Q.  Where can I see my leaderboard score?     A. Your best score can be seen at  www.ongamepromotions.com/xmas20streak
Q.  When does the promotion start?    A. The promotion is divided into two runtime periods independently of each other. The
first period starts 1 December 00:01 CET and ends 7 December 23:59 CET. The
second period starts 8 December 00:01 CET and ends 14 December 23:59 CET.
Q.  What are the Gold and Silver leaderboards?    A. The Silver leaderboard is only open for players on smaller stakes – buy-in levels between $1 and $5. Only tournaments on these buy-in levels are counted towards the Silver leaderboard.

The Gold leaderboard is only open for players on bigger stakes – buy-in levels
between $5,50 and $22. Only tournaments on these buy-in levels are counted towards the Gold leaderboard.
Q.  Is it possible to participate in both the Gold and Silver leaderboard?     A. Yes, you are free to participate in both leaderboards. If you cash in both leaderboards, you are eligible for all the prize money.
Q.  When will I get my prize money?     A. Prize winners in round one will receive their prize latest 11 December. Prize winners in round two will receive their prize latest 18 December.
Q.There is a tie – what happens?    A. In the unlikely event that a position is tied between two or more players, the prizes for the places occupied will be combined and split equally. For example, if there is a tie for 3rd place, 3rd and 4th place prize money will be combined and split equally amongst the tied players.
Q.Is it the start time or the end time of a Sit & Go tournament that sets which block it counted against?    A. The leaderboard will use the start date of a Sit & Go tournament to determine which block that tournament belong to.
Q.How many blocks are counted towards the leaderboard?     A. Every player can play up to 5 blocks. Only your best completed block is counted towards the leaderboard.
Report bully666 November 30, 2012 4:13 PM GMT
lol, this sux then, 100 games is such a small sample thats not even worth to mention it.

But its a huge value, IMO, one can play 100 x 1$ SNGs thats about 20$ of rake and can win 100$...this does not make sense again.

And on BF promo page it says:

You may play just one block or as many blocks of 20 Sit and Go tournaments as you like but, for the purposes of the leaderboard, only your best completed block of 20 Sit and Go's will be counted.
Report chipfire227 November 30, 2012 4:24 PM GMT
I would back myself to finish reasonably high up on both leaderboards, and at the end of the day it's something for nothing so ain't complaining. It also favours decent players over the cake wh0res on a sample of 100 games. Essentially its incentivising the recreational players to play at least 100 games so good idea imho.

On a related note some Russian D2N player was banging on about his skin giving him 90% RB plus LB money at the tables earlier, and another claimed to be on 60%. No wonder them D2N tables are always busy. Ongame is effectively paying people to play. Laugh
Report Ovalman. November 30, 2012 4:40 PM GMT
The only difficulty is keeping your own records ie. you might have a decent 20 game streak but it might overlap 2 qualifying periods.

Some good promotions from Betfair atm, just a pity the software crashes so often.
Report bully666 November 30, 2012 4:45 PM GMT
HU or short handed SNGs have a variance that can lest several hundret games, so one can do pretty good on his streak and be a fish, but other can be a "pro" and do very bad.

I think that only D2N games have small variance, so that is clearly a game to play for this promo.

But again, it does not make sense to me, usually promotion means poker room will win money because of extra rake players will rake when trying to win promo money, but for this promo, it is not so, so im kinda lost in understanding it.

Like...Play 100 1$ D2N and rake only 20 dollars, but you can win a lot more.
Report gnashersblackpool November 30, 2012 4:51 PM GMT
think its aimed at the occasional player to get them to paly a bit more than normal, not the cake ****s who still have their cake race[sorry skill and go]
Report bully666 November 30, 2012 5:00 PM GMT
Yea, seems so, still info on BF promo page is different, it says "as many blocks as you like".

I guess I'll do a batch of 100 SNGs one day, should not take more than a few hours, then I can hope for best :)
Report chipfire227 November 30, 2012 5:48 PM GMT
Every other promo on here is aimed at the cake wh0res. It's Christmas and they should be looking to reward the bread and butter players who have stuck with the site through thick and thin. Like gnasher says the Eastern European rake monkeys and the bots will play all the hours god sends anyway. So why give them even more ?

The promotional pot of money Ongame have to spend should give everyone a chance to win something now and again, not just the few dozen STT players that play for a living. We all contribute so we  should all have the chance to get something back.
Report bully666 November 30, 2012 7:10 PM GMT
Yea, chip, not that im complaining, its basicly free money, but its just very strange to me, Im not used to promotions where poker room loses :)
Report chipfire227 November 30, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
They win in 2 ways. Firstly you will get people like me who will play 100 more Stt's than I would have done if the promo wasnt running, in turn making the lobby busier- and its been quiet on a morning of late.

Secondly it rewards precisely those sort of customers they like best, the regular folk who play a bit of poker, do a bit of sports betting, and play the arcade. Give a pro player 200 bucks of promo money and he/she will withdraw it to pay the rent. Give it to a regular and he/she will put it back into the BF economy via sports betting, roulette, and more poker. Yeah they need a few cake wh0res to keep the tables busy, but their core customers are the ones who come on here week in and week out losing 50 or 60 quid, but more importantly generating a lot of turnover across all of their products.
Report bully666 December 1, 2012 9:51 AM GMT
btw, leaderboard on ongame is already live.

Already a guy with 500 points on silver :)
Report chipfire227 December 1, 2012 10:06 AM GMT
The problem with it being Ongame wide, is that 3 or 4 mates can sit at 20 low stakes 5 max games together and essentially ensure one of them consistently cashes, and given the number of Eastern Europeans on the site, its probably bound to happen.Laugh
Report bully666 December 2, 2012 8:26 PM GMT
So how you doin on this promo, chip? I see people on top are either bots or regulars, so "recreational" players are not gainig here :)
Report Ovalman. December 2, 2012 8:31 PM GMT
I've 15 points FFS and still to complete my first block.

Good players will benefit from this and bots and players who play like them won't win.
Report bully666 December 2, 2012 9:10 PM GMT
I've already finished 100 games and it was on a regular speed 10 men tables, so I guess my work is done, back to cash tables now :)
Report chipfire227 December 2, 2012 9:12 PM GMT
I got 305 points from my first block of 20. This was showing in the top 30 most of the day. Just checked again, and my first block now shows 280, so its mysteriously gone down 25 without me doing anything. Usual garbage Leaderboard fk ups that we have come to expect from these clowns, after the non appearance of tickets for Bounty promo last week, and another fk up on the weekly STT Leaderbaords which havent been updated for days.

If they cant get Leaderboards right why do they bother running these sort of promos ? Cant be arsed with it now. I wouldnt have bothered with the Silver one anyway to be honest. Oh and why bother having Gold and Silver Leaderboards when the min buyin for the Gold is only 5 bucks ? Is there that much difference in standard between 3 and 5 dollar games ?

As for the recreationals, Bruce Willis off here was in the top 20 last time I looked, doubt he would have been grinding peasant stakes STT's if it weren't for this promo, dunno bout the rest of them near the top, but you got to bear in mind it will take recreational players the full 7 days to play 100 games, so you would expect the grinders to be up there early..
Report chipfire227 December 2, 2012 9:18 PM GMT
Oh and as for the bots, sexsandy is 32nd and shumrich isnt even in the top 125, so they deffo havent benefitted from this promo. Laugh
Report bully666 December 2, 2012 9:24 PM GMT
Just calculate how much you should win and compare it to your results.
Report bully666 December 2, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
My calculations shows it wrong, I should be well in top6, so if they dont correct it by tomorrow, they will get my email :)
Report chipfire227 December 2, 2012 10:16 PM GMT
Like I said my first attempt I got 305 points, which is the right amount, now they have amended it to 285 points, which is wrong.

To get into the top 20 you clearly need to play 10 man games, but I cant be boshed playing any more if you have to mail them to get your scores corrected. Im up $120 playing them, so it wasn't a complete waste of time, but pointless carrying on if they cant get the maths right. No doubt there will be a week long stewards enquiry at the end of it before anyone gets paid out.
Report bully666 December 2, 2012 10:23 PM GMT
Well my total points change quite a lot this couple of days, so maybe they are still working on it :)
Report chipfire227 December 2, 2012 11:34 PM GMT
Well last weeks STT Leaderboard has vanished altogether now. Farcical. Laugh
Report bully666 December 3, 2012 12:45 PM GMT
Results are still wrong, and they changed 3 times during my night time and I have not played a single game during that time. I have completed my 100 games yesterday.

Mail sent to BF, lets see what they'll say about it.
Report chipfire227 December 3, 2012 2:02 PM GMT
My first block has gone down from 305 to 250 now. Laugh Every time I log in it gets lower. They havent been able to run a bog standard leaderboard correctly for over 12 months so why in the name of the Lord they thought they could run something MORE complex I do not know. The usual omnishambles.

Playing another 60 this week has all the appeal of a rotting teddy bear by a graveside. As Malcolm would say.
Report bully666 December 3, 2012 2:18 PM GMT
Im thinking of doing both leaderboards, but now that I dont know how ongame calculates points, I dont dare to do it.

I hope they respond soon.
Report chipfire227 December 3, 2012 2:31 PM GMT
Poor Mr Bruce Willis looks to be suffering the same as me, points on the slide.Laugh
Report gnashersblackpool December 3, 2012 2:37 PM GMT
1 question, is a 5 dollar plus 50c game count for gold or silver?  bit misleading?
ive not played any yet, cant decide if i can b @rsed 2.
Report bully666 December 3, 2012 2:44 PM GMT
I believe 5$ + 0.5$ rake counts for Gold leaderboard, technically its a 5.5$ buyin.
Report gnashersblackpool December 3, 2012 2:50 PM GMT
that might b whats causing some people scores wrong.
Report gnashersblackpool December 3, 2012 2:52 PM GMT
thou doesnt explain up and down scores[ or more importanlty downward scores]
Report chipfire227 December 3, 2012 4:33 PM GMT
Ive only played Gold, mixture of 5,10,and 20. Played 40 games. Scores I actually got were 305 for first 20, and 185 for second lot.

My blocks scores are now 250 and 240. So although the 490 total is right, the individaul blocks are very wrong,and just look to be an average.

3 days in and its a sad and sorry mess, and as usual, absolutely no communication from BF/Ongame as to whats going on.
Report bully666 December 3, 2012 6:24 PM GMT
Leaderboard scores changed again, and again for me, its wrong :)
Report gnashersblackpool December 3, 2012 11:45 PM GMT
my 1st score on silver wil b rubbish, ive played 20 5 handed games 2 wins, 8 2nds.

think i need to improve my heads up play.
Report bully666 December 4, 2012 12:43 PM GMT
Another change in leaderboard and again (still) my points are way off. Funny how each time my block score changes and I have not played a single sit n go game since sunday :)
Report Bruce Willis December 4, 2012 1:41 PM GMT
Seems like a load of b0llocks from the comments, I won't be playin. I'm out
Report bully666 December 5, 2012 9:52 AM GMT
I have not played a single sng game since sunday, when I finished 100 games, so all 5 blocks completed, and my score keep falling with each update, basicly scores for each block are completely different each time.

I am going to resume grinding sng games so I get my ass up to skill and go leaderboard and I do wonder how will that affect my Xmax20StreaK scores.

Really a shame they cant sort this **** with leaderboards, kinda put people off.
Report chipfire227 December 5, 2012 11:44 PM GMT
Bruce is that not your KaiserSOZE user name on the Gold Leaderbaord then ?
Report Bruce Willis December 6, 2012 9:16 AM GMT
No mate
Report bully666 December 7, 2012 11:11 AM GMT
This promo is soon to end its first period and my score is still not according to their formula.

Not even that, it changes a few times daily. And I did not receive clarification about this from betfair.
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 1:03 PM GMT
It is complete and utter madness. The 3 players at the top of the Leaderboard yesterday with over 450 points, are now all outside the top 50 with scores around 300.

Like you say your scores change even for blocks that are completed a few times a day, I even went away for a few days this week and didnt even log into the poker client and my scores were changing. I can imagine a lot of people are mailing about this promo, it cant be nice seeing yourself top of the Leaderboard as Diego Forlan was last night with 450 points, then logging on today and finding yourself 29th with 360. Dr Klenk has fallen from 3rd to 102nd in 12 hours ! Laugh

Im 41st at the moment with a totally inaccurate score.Ive also got 5 games of my 4th block to play and have got 320 points from 15 games. Beacuse I cant trust the Leaderboard I dont know whether to go conservative and play 5 D2N's or stick with the 10 mans and potentially rack up over 430 points ?
Report bully666 December 7, 2012 2:14 PM GMT
Beats me chip, Im really clueless about this...no idea how they calculate it.

email BF, we have to put pressure on them so they react.

I hope next week will be better, I will thou, play one more block today to get on both leaderboards, hopefully no bad run :)
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 3:23 PM GMT
I'm up to 400 legitimate points from my 4th block with one game left to play. This one in game 19 didn't help Sad

TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T5-293225338-18
played at "Table #1" for USD TC from 2012-12-07 15:02 until 2012-12-07 15:02

Seat 2: 449Candyman (1,470 in chips) 
Seat 3: smecheru31 (1,045 in chips) 
Seat 4: torzon001 (1,320 in chips) 
Seat 6: chipfire227 (1,950 in chips) 
Seat 7: monarchies1 (1,715 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
449Candyman posts small blind (75), smecheru31 posts big blind (150),

PRE-FLOP
torzon001 raises to 1,320 and is all-in, chipfire227 calls 1,320, monarchies1 folds, 449Candyman folds, smecheru31 calls 1,045 and is all-in.

FLOP [board cards: TC,7H,AS]

TURN [board cards: TC,7H,AS,8C]

RIVER [board cards: TC,7H,AS,8C,AD]
SHOWDOWN
torzon001 shows [ TS,AC ]
chipfire227 shows [ KC,KH ]
smecheru31 shows [ QS,QH ]
torzon001 wins 3,210, torzon001 wins 550.
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 5:15 PM GMT
I finished block 4 on 415 points, enough  for a top ten finish if the current leaderboard is accurate, but thats anyones guess. Ive kept the numbers of the 20 games so will expect to get paid out. Laugh
Report jc30 December 7, 2012 5:23 PM GMT
dont hold ur breath!!
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 9:35 PM GMT
It's a complete and utter farce, a few hours before the promo ends a whole host of players suddenly turn up with over 450 points. How this Ongame network is still functioning is a mystery to me. They are totally clueless.
Report gnashersblackpool December 7, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
think im glad i sat this out.
Report gnashersblackpool December 7, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
thou however u get wil lbe better than nothing at least.
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 10:40 PM GMT
Yeah played 90 donkaments over the week, finished $354 dollars in front, plus maybe another $25 in cake, $7.5 leaderboard money, plus whatever I get from the promo payout itself. Also managed 3 long days at work, and a couple of days holiday down in Hove, so cant complain, tho thats the last twice I've been down there and it's snowed. Blush
Report chipfire227 December 7, 2012 10:55 PM GMT
There's a guy now top of the board andrusgiz with 620 points. He allegedly got that in his first block of games yet only appeared on the leaderboard in the last hour or two.

For that score to be correct, he would have to be averaging over 30 points per game for 20 games, which seems very unlikely. It may come as no great shock to learn that his Scope stats are locked. Laugh
Report gnashersblackpool December 7, 2012 11:37 PM GMT
amazing.
Report bully666 December 8, 2012 8:48 AM GMT
chip, that one is a cheater for sure, a colluder most likely.
Report chipfire227 December 8, 2012 2:22 PM GMT
I dont think he could be colluding in 10 seater games to be honest which is what he would have to be playing to get that score. I think its more likely that his score is a complete fabrication. Assuming he even exists. Laugh
Report bully666 December 8, 2012 4:45 PM GMT
He could be playing 5 max short handed games, 1st place 39 points.

I think points are real now, because my blocks are now spot on and did not change for a day.
Report chipfire227 December 14, 2012 11:05 AM GMT
Classic patronising response from Customer Service :

"Please be advised that tournaments are counted only when they have finished, not when the players have been eliminated from the actual tournaments.

This can of course cause some delay in points updating and players could get a bit confused with regards to which point need to be and have been added."

So it's my fault apparently. Strange is it not that the Terms and Conditions clearly state :

The leaderboard will use the start date of a Sit & GO tournament to determine which block that tournament belong to.
The leaderboard will use the start date of a Sit & Go tournament when crediting tournament points. For example, if you enter a Sit & Go tournament within the promotional period but the tournament finishes outside the promotional period, then any points awarded counts towards the leaderboard.

So basically they are using a completely different method of allocating points to that stipulated in their own Terms and Conditions, and its the players fault for not being phsycic and knowing that. Laugh
Report gnashersblackpool December 14, 2012 11:30 AM GMT
has any formites won/received any 'winnings' yet?
Report bully666 December 14, 2012 12:13 PM GMT
I did, from first period of this promotion, for second, I did not make it into top150
Report chipfire227 December 14, 2012 1:16 PM GMT
Yeah I got paid for finishing 31st in the first one, though I should have been 13th if they had done the calculations based on their own Terms and Conditions. Wink

As the first one was farcical (the leaderboard was constantly changing your totals even during a 48 hour period when you werent playing, and most ofthe players in the top 5 or 6 plavces all miraculously appeared a few hours before it ended )  didnt bother with the second, though my scores are wrong again for the games I did play.

I registered for the first of the MTT Christmas Promo games last night but there were over a thousand runners and with 2,000 starting stack it was just a shove fest from the get go. To get allthe tokens you also need to play Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day i.e. have no life whatsoever outside of poker.

Looks like these 2 promos may be all we are getting this Christmas, which is p1sspoor when compared with previous years.
Report bully666 December 14, 2012 2:19 PM GMT
My score was spot on for 1st stint of promo.

Also did not bother with second week, because I only managed 33rd and I had to play full ring SNG which are pain the ass to play :)

You are right, chip, where the hell are GOOD holiday promos??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com