Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GHADDAFFI.
28 Oct 12 19:59
| Topic/replies: 377 | Blogger: GHADDAFFI.'s blog
I can't the the point of that tournament nor the reason for giving it that name.
I wonder how many runners it will have....
Pause Switch to Standard View Lzzie Hill invitational
Show More
Report McCoy Carp November 2, 2012 5:45 PM GMT
? Sorry we, don't understand cobblers.
Report chipfire227 November 2, 2012 9:26 PM GMT
One week it ran with 3 runners , none of which was Lizzie. The other week there was about a dozen, including Lizzie.

No idea why its called an Invitational though. I clicked on register and it let me enter.Its not a bad structure actually but not sure it will ever attract many players.
Report 15Stone10Lbs November 4, 2012 2:30 PM GMT
how did lizzie hill become a bf pro? did she donk some big event or something, similar to the agro fish kunfu wap
Report Ovalman. November 4, 2012 2:57 PM GMT
Lizzie is a known name, she had a brilliant run in the WSOP and was unlucky not to make the final table. I think Betfair made a brilliant coupe by signing her, just a pity we haven't seen or heard of her.
Report chipfire227 November 4, 2012 5:00 PM GMT
She hosts a MTT every Sunday night at 7 o clock. Why dont you register and start some sexy chat ?

As an aside I would imagine her main role is promoting the game in Scandi land, like the other fella does in Germany or wherever it is he's based.
Report GHADDAFFI. November 4, 2012 6:46 PM GMT
I think Betfair made a brilliant coupe by signing her, just a pity we haven't seen or heard of her.

I like that one... what a brilliant coup!!! what did they gain? The right to call a tournament after a player who had a good run? I hope they paid her well for that. After all there might be 4 runners in it tonight
Report McCoy Carp November 4, 2012 6:52 PM GMT
It's Lizze, not Lizzie.
Report GHADDAFFI. November 4, 2012 6:59 PM GMT
It's Lizze, not Lizzie.

thank you for your contribution McCOY . this obviously sheds a complete different light on the matter
Report GHADDAFFI. November 4, 2012 7:03 PM GMT
HAHAHAHAHA!  There was ONE runner... who won the tournament and managed to win less than the buy in...good old Lizze...
Report chipfire227 November 4, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
Not really her fault the game hasnt been advertised or promoted by Betfair. As it has no added prize money or guarantee it looks a lame duck. 

All pretty standard from BF Promotions Team. Laugh
Report 15Stone10Lbs November 5, 2012 9:37 PM GMT
never seen her playing any of the bf weekly event events...the champ, high roller or euro

ya fair play to her she cashed in cork tho...but the bf pro's should be playing more regulary like driscoll who is always playing
Report Dooberama November 5, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
Not sure why they are calling it an invitational.  I assumed it wasn't for me when I first saw it.  I assume most others that speak English thought the same. 

I checked the other day and discovered that I could enter, but not sure how many others are both that curious and can get over the nagging doubt that we won't get paid as we weren't invited.   

Just seems terrible marketing all round.
Report chipfire227 November 5, 2012 9:56 PM GMT
She's not a sponsored Pro though, she's an Ambassador, so I suspect her job is to promote the site at their Live Events, and raise the sites profile in Scandanavia, the way Hans does in Germany,Czech Republic,Hungary etc.I doubt their promo department has the coin to sponsor players properly.

Are Boree and Coren sponsored for their poker prowess or because they are easy on the eye ? Mind you Coren's gone down in my estimation marrying the fat one off Peep Show ? Blush
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com