Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 591 comments are related to the topic:
*** Conference Championships Weekend ***

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 591
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 00:46
Carolina injuries my main concern going forward if can close this out sensibly..T Davis huge loss,him n Kuechly the dogs bollocks together..
Honestly think different side entirely to Denver.And will bash them up.Need there full squad up though.Allen back too.
By:
nugget
When: 25 Jan 16 00:57
Carolina -5 vs Denver
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Jan 16 00:59
If Arizona cannot move it on this defence then not sure Denver will be able to.  Only  chance is the Panthers will freeze in the SB.  But NFL  is very strange and unpredicable
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:01
Different class.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:02
If i wasnt absolutely balls deep in Carolina id be supremely confidentShockedShockedShocked
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 01:02
What a fkn beast. Passing of the torch the Superbowl will be. I can see Newton ushering in a era in Quarterbacking. Will start at the junior level, right now talen scout looking for bigger bodies and better athletes for that position. A new blueprint IMO.
By:
Swagger
When: 25 Jan 16 01:04
But to be fair, the Arizona defense isn't exactly the Denver defense. Brady restricted to 12 points until almost the last play of the game and Rodgers was working the Packers offense upfield without four wide receivers against this Arizona defense.
By:
jedi sophie
Rheinbold suggesting as you are Rhino.Unstoppable
By:
grayhawk
The Panthers aren't going anywhere neither.....he's even doing it without his No 1 receiver for the season.
By:
wisewords
Cool
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Jan 16 01:05
Not sure Rhino, the jury is still out.   Still always feel Cam and Wilson are one play away from a season ending injury.  They do look like the new generation but style of play always a worry
By:
hulk23
When: 25 Jan 16 01:05
someones looking to get 12,000 on to win a night out down the pub, and you're not confident ...
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:06
Not for tonight hulk..on from start of season Panthers...
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 01:09

Jan 24, 2016 -- 8:05PM, Swardean wrote:

Not sure Rhino, the jury is still out.

By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 01:10
FFS forum... Can't be arsed typing it again Cry Long story short Swardean, Cam = evolution.
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Jan 16 01:14
I love Cam and Wilson and the jury is not about them. The excitement the rushing QB provides, but there is still a question of their likely longevity of QBs playing that way.
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 01:19
I get what you mean. It's why I say Cam and not Russ, a bigger and stronger unit that can take hits. Not just excitement, when the QB can run you have an extra blocker on the field. Defending becomes a different equation mathematically.

We see it in sports. I remember when a 7 footer shooting 3 pointers would have been sacrilege. Then Nowitzki came along and the evolution occurred.
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Jan 16 01:21
Time will tell Rhino.  Even if Can is the blueprint.  Not sure too many are made in his mould
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 01:24
Agree with that, but at junior level they will be looking. Will be teaching the kids with those bodies how to play the position.
By:
nugget
When: 25 Jan 16 01:27
like JaMarcus Russell
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:27
Great play Coleman...one more score please.
By:
Swardean
When: 25 Jan 16 01:35
Think time to call it a night.  Pats lost, Panthers won, so slightly down on night. See you all for SB
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:39
Phenomenal performance Panthers,absolutely brilliant.

Goodnight all,excellent thread.

Roll on two weeks night.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 25 Jan 16 01:43
oi oi Kuechly.Laugh
By:
patrick starr
When: 25 Jan 16 01:48
that fan,hope hes ok!
By:
milla445
When: 25 Jan 16 01:49
They should make Carson walk back to Arizona after tonight.
By:
Swagger
When: 25 Jan 16 09:24
I think although it was tagged as a nothing game, in reality the absolute beatdown Arizona suffered at home versus Seattle had much more of an impact than that. They never looked the same team again. I thought apart from the opening few possessions and the final TD drive by Arizona during regulation, Green Bay controlled the game last week which was surprising given they came into it with an offense badly out of sync and banged up to the hilt. Palmer should think twice before continually throwing the ball into double coverage when he has time on his hands Laugh

For the interests of the Superbowl itself Denver will need to start well like they did against the Patriots. If they do then I would give them every chance. It shouldn't be underestimated that they conceded 16 points versus the Steelers (even banged up they still had deep threats and come on how good is Martavis Bryant going to be) and 18 points versus the Patriots - 6 of the those 18 points effectively coming via a brainless backward pass and another 6 points in effectively the last play of the game. That is a serious defense but the injuries to their safetys should be monitored. If the Panthers run away with an early lead then it's hard to see Denver coming back. But then as is often the case expect the unexpected!
By:
ClayDavis
When: 25 Jan 16 10:06
People talk of the genius of Belichick but this season he has made some really stupid decisions. Failure to beat either the Jets or the Dolphins in the final weeks has cost them number 1 seed. And I have no doubts that result would have been reversed if the match was in Foxboro
By:
dlarssonf
When: 25 Jan 16 10:24
therhino    25 Jan 16 02:02 
What a fkn beast. Passing of the torch the Superbowl will be. I can see Newton ushering in a era in Quarterbacking. Will start at the junior level, right now talen scout looking for bigger bodies and better athletes for that position. A new blueprint IMO.

As much as I think Cam is awesome , he is also a freak. Number one there are not that many good quarterbacks at the same time, there are not many that are built like Cam and there are not many that have the talent and belief in abundance that Cam has.  On top of that , teams and defences adapt , we have seen it through the ages in the NFL.  Although Cam is sensational there won't be any evolution as you put it, and just to add again taking nothing away from Cam because I think he is sensational - he is playing behind a brilliant O-Line which makes so much of what he does possible.
By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 11:13

Jan 25, 2016 -- 5:06AM, ClayDavis wrote:

People talk of the genius of Belichick but this season he has made some really stupid decisions. Failure to beat either the Jets or the Dolphins in the final weeks has cost them number 1 seed. And I have no doubts that result would have been reversed if the match was in Foxboro

Agree. The chickens came home alright.

By:
therhino
When: 25 Jan 16 11:18
Although Cam is sensational there won't be any evolution as you put it, and just to add again taking nothing away from Cam because I think he is sensational

We will see in 15 years or so. Certainly won't be next year, his contemporaries don't exist yet in the professional ranks. You could be right - I think people expected lots of 6 foot 9 point guards after Magic Johnson, never been anything close since and he finished up 25 years ago. Total one off. Cam is less unique physically though. There are plenty of similar bodied about with athletic qualities, they just ain't playing QB. I think it will change. It should, his way is better.
By:
northanlite
When: 26 Jan 16 08:17
Cam will have to look after himself a bit better if he wants a long career tho. that running back mentally of going through players could get him badly hurt.
the dive over for his second TD on Sunday was mad when you consider the game situation. that could have been season over for him when there was no real need for it.
Page 15 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com