Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
04 Nov 15 11:54
| Topic/replies: 21,838 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Panthers at home to the Packers looks absolutely delicious. Carolina can take a massive step toward playoffs home field advantage with the win and they probably need to, theirs is a tricky schedule home. Should be epic, probably getting the Packers at the right time after the Denver altitude. Have to be the value, 7 and zip and starting home dogs just doesn't mesh with me.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 243
By:
bankit
When: 04 Nov 15 16:16
Game of the week without doubt. I find Carolina a difficult team to have clear thoughts on. Defence is very good, but I am always concerned that the inability of their offence to move the ball, or their habit of turning over the ball, leads to their defence wearing down. Newton makes remarkable plays with his legs, but some of his throws,have me shaking my head. It's a strange thing, but despite their record, I don't consider them potential winners come February. I have similar thoughts about Cincy, despite having a number of bets on them to win their division. I cannot have them on the podium with the Lombardi Trophy,at the finish up.
By:
Swardean
When: 04 Nov 15 17:24
Who are your contenders then bankit?
By:
bankit
When: 04 Nov 15 21:53
Hi Swardean  - My contenders would be Green Bay Seattle Denver New England - hardly an original list I know but I would for example much prefer Seattle to Arizona, as potential winners. I consider Indy to be contenders, simply because they have Andrew Luck , his form so far this season is an obvious concern, but I don't think you can ever write off a QB who can take over games like he can. Dallas are highly unlikely to make the play offs, but if they did they could be dangerous. They are playing great defence, and Jason Garrett has really impressed me, with the way he has coached the team, in difficult circumstances
By:
themightymac
When: 04 Nov 15 22:20
Packers v Patriots a lock on for Super Bowl.
By:
AaJay
When: 04 Nov 15 23:19
Packers defence not good enough for me---my early fancy for Superbowl--but was shocked how San Diego easily moved the ball in Green Bay and it was the same at Denver
By:
dlarssonf
When: 05 Nov 15 08:45
Jason Garrett has been far from impressive imo but that's not all down to him.  He is only a puppet there in Dallas. But I am really impressed with Dallas's defence , it's probably only behind Denver's for me.  I do feel sorry for Dallas because with Romo and Dez fit they are playoff contenders.  But Garret is just a nice guy but the Saints and Giants came were games they threw away and that stops with the coach
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 05 Nov 15 14:17
It's not a massive mystery Carolina are underdogs versus GB is it? Their 7-0 is comprised as follows:

Jags
Texans
Saints
Buccs
Seahawks
Eagles
Colts

You'd only really argue that the Seahawks are a top team from that list (agreed the Eagles have improved from their sorry start) and the fact is the Seahawks are not what they were in '13-'14 and GB have themselves beaten the Seahawks.  So, yes, Carolina are clearly a useful side but they're not totally dominant against average teams so they're not an elite team Denver, Green Bay, New England, Cinci, Arizona - have all been more impressive this year.
So the 7-0 is a bit of a trick in my view.  Obvs Carolina could win v GB; I'm sure it will be close and a good game, but the 7-0 is not evidence for much imo.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 05 Nov 15 14:40
I'd say beating the Packers at home would be less impressive than their win in Seattle (both those teams having big home-field advantages but always vulnerable on the road)
By:
bankit
When: 05 Nov 15 16:34
I have backed Cleveland getting 11 in tonight's game. The key to this bet, is Cincy coming off a very highly charged win, on a short week. They really dislike the Steelers, both because of on field events like the 2005 play off game, and in a broader sense because they have largely lived in the shadow of the team with most Lombardis. As a consequence , to go on the road and beat them is huge, and I think Cincy  may well be a little flat tonight. Add that to the fact that Cleveland are by no means a bad team, who will relish a shot at their Ohio rivals unbeaten record, and I think you have the makings of a really good bet.
By:
therhino
When: 07 Nov 15 05:49
The Panthers will be tough to beat at home in the playoffs, and if they beat the Packers this week they will take a giant step toward home ground through to the Superbowl. At 7-0, not having them as a contender is short sighted IMO.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 08 Nov 15 12:53
Anyone know if there is any golf tips flying aroundLaugh
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Nov 15 18:03
Laugh
Evening chaps, hopefully some cracking games to look forward to tonight.   Hope early sky game lives up to the billing.
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 08 Nov 15 18:03
Like the packers here. Would expect them to focus on the run and a few more dink and dunk type plays this week. Defence does concern me, however think they just have the edge
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Nov 15 18:09
a quick 7-0 for cam newton
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Nov 15 18:12
oh my bad! its 3-0!
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Nov 15 18:13
Packers have to get back to running the ball well Sudoku....then the offence will take care of itself
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 08 Nov 15 18:20
Agreed, It's hard when it isn't functioning to not just put the ball in rodgers hands.
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 08 Nov 15 18:34
Great play by rodgers. Starks adding some spark to the run game on that last drive
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Nov 15 18:43
Capers three man rush on 3rd and long is ALWAYS a disaster....why does he keep doing it Confused
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 08 Nov 15 18:44
Pull your hair out time
By:
Kriskin
When: 08 Nov 15 18:44
WTF were the Packers defense doing there.  Some poor play to allow that 50 yrd pass.  In fact BRUTAL
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Nov 15 18:53
wow
By:
GRANTCKING
17-7 coming in
By:
GRANTCKING
when did newton learn to throw a ball?
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Nov 15 18:54
like a knife through butter
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Nov 15 18:54
17-7
By:
Kriskin
When: 08 Nov 15 18:55
Packers defense is shockingly Bad
By:
Kriskin
When: 08 Nov 15 18:55
GB bettors in big trouble with that lot
By:
Wallflower
When: 08 Nov 15 18:57
....I know its not mathematics  but Colts at 2.9 (who went to overtime away to Panthers), at home to Broncos whose price is weighted by their Packer win - may be good value, based on what we are seeing here.
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Nov 15 18:57
61 yardd FG for Rams
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Nov 15 18:58
Already done Colts on hcap Wallflower
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Nov 15 18:58
Up till three weeks ago i was impressed with the Packers defence......i think i can safely erase that thought now Grin

The pass rush has just disappeared.
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 08 Nov 15 19:04
Minus 1 drive this has been shocking from the pack
By:
macca18
When: 08 Nov 15 19:11
Afraid to say Packers have been found out in last 3 games.....

Injuries have taken their toll.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 08 Nov 15 19:11
most bigged up team in NFL..not a hope in hell of winning any SB
By:
grayhawk
When: 08 Nov 15 19:12
Tillman been doing that for years
By:
therhino
When: 08 Nov 15 19:14
Now it's apparently how bad the Packers are. Panthers getting no respect here still.
By:
Whisperingdeath
Packers getting fudged packed here.

Need a reboot at half time.

Have not watched pakers for a month. look a different team.
By:
macca18
Forget his injury, Lacy has had a number of fumbles this season.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com