Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
19 Oct 15 10:26
| Topic/replies: 21,687 | Blogger: therhino's blog
6 weeks in and we're starting to get an idea of who the contenders are. Bengals look sensational to me, excellent on both sides and Dalton an MVP candidate. The obvious one to challenge the Pats and Packers for me but have they peaked too soon? Think the Panthers could be another, very good defensively and in Newton they have a genuine superstar at QB imo, that 4th quarter on the road in Seattle the type of performance that deep playoff runs can be built on. Are the Broncos more or less dangerous as a defensive powerhouse as opposed to a shoot the lights out bunch??

Early days of course and injuries will play their part as the season rolls on, but all shaping up nicely.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 74
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Oct 15 17:44
Patriots still look the best team in the NFL and should be clear favourites from the Packers for me.....

Bengals have had a VERY talented roster for a few years now but what's held them back is the play of the quarterback under the bright lights of primetime....agree Dalton looks different and has been excellent this season BUT the doubt will always be there until he shows he can get it done in crunch time in the play offs....

Can't have Cam Newton as being a superstar QB and will never be an elite QB for me cos he's not good enough in the pocket.

Haven't seen enough of the Broncos but Mannings stats are scary and that's before the cold weather sets in and we saw how much his arm had deteriorated last winter.

Packers offence is not a Packers offence of years gone by at the moment....Rodgers is struggling a bit without a few of his receivers and Lacy  being nowhere near fit.....the thing that i was wary of pre season is ringing true in the games that count...ie no downfield threat without Nelson and they're struggling to stretch the field like years gone by.....but hey ho they're 6-0 and they usually get better throughout the year Happy

Six weeks gone already...doesn't time fly
By:
dlarssonf
When: 19 Oct 15 18:04
Must admit can't agree with you regards Cam Newton.  The fella is pure class and getting better each season.
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Oct 15 18:43
Each to their own dlarsson...i'll have to watch him more Grin
By:
dlarssonf
When: 19 Oct 15 18:53
Oh definitely grayhawk , we will agree to "he is no Aaron Rodgers" Cool
By:
chelters16
When: 19 Oct 15 18:53
I like to wait till at least after the thanksgiving day games to get too excited about any team,there is always good oppurtunities to bet at generous odds teams who maybe aint flying too high mid october,the sleepers are there and could see both the pats and packers not getting to the big show.

Teams to watch both new york teams and the steelers.
By:
grayhawk
When: 19 Oct 15 18:57
Grin
By:
therhino
When: 20 Oct 15 07:48

Oct 19, 2015 -- 1:04PM, dlarssonf wrote:

Must admit can't agree with you regards Cam Newton.

By:
therhino
When: 20 Oct 15 07:48
FFS forum... Cry Can't be arsed typing again.
By:
Swagger
When: 20 Oct 15 22:26
I am a Cowboys fan but I think it's time to back them for the Superbowl at 50.0 on the exchanges and I have been at 55.0 as I genuinely think they will still win their division, then it's an easy trade. If they can beat The Giants on Sunday then I think they will win the division, I see it as that big a game and I think they will get the job done. The following game is the Seahawks which is almost a bonus game as they won't see it as a do or die game, they then have the Eagles and then the Bucs - Romo might be back thereafter. The Bucs are no great shakes the Cowboys really have to be winning that game and I have yet to be fully convinced by the Eagles this season. For me the Cowboys clearly have the most talented team in the division when they all teams have their big boys fit and by the Eagles game The Cowboys should have all of their big hitters back except Romo and I think Cassel will do an excellent job in terms of being a system quarterback - I can see regulation slants to Beesley and some nice deep balls thrown to Terrance Williams etc. Hardy looked an absolute beast against the Pats and it's scary to think what he will be like once he is in full flow given that was his first competitive game for a good long while and he will be an even bigger threat when Randy Gregory is charging in from the other side which will hopefully be this Sunday. Sean Lee and Rolando McClain are both in full working order in a strong looking linebacking corp. The Cowboys look up against it at the moment but I think they will be looking good to win the division heading into December. My main worry looking forwards is the running back situation - i don't think Randle has the power to be the main back, McFadden has struggled so it will be interesting to see how Christine Michael gets on.

Elsewhere I think the Steelers are interesting in the AFC and are the one team I think could challange the Patriots if their defense improves during the season as their offense will be smoking hot once Big Ben comes back in.
By:
therhino
When: 21 Oct 15 11:41
Cowboys much bigger elsewhere, why take the 50s?
By:
Swagger
When: 21 Oct 15 22:13
Because I want to bet more than £25 and also to trade on here. If they beat the Giants they will be under 40.0 regardless and if the Panthers beat the Eagles I would imagine they will be between 28.0-34.0.
By:
therhino
When: 22 Oct 15 08:12
Fair enough mate. It is pretty much now or never if you want to be on the Cowboys at a big price this year, next 3 weeks are crucial - Giants away, Seahawks at home, Eagles at home. They have a fair run home so if they can win 2 of the next 3 and be 4-4, will be sitting pretty for when they get back to full strength.
By:
therhino
When: 26 Oct 15 07:54
All teams have played minimum 6 games and we still have 5 undefeated teams, which seems rather unusual. Has this ever happened before??
By:
therhino
When: 29 Oct 15 20:09
Just watching NFL Live and this is the first time ever 5 teams have been 6-0
By:
grayhawk
When: 29 Oct 15 21:21
Yep and only the fourth time in history that two teams with a 6-0 ( or better ) record have met.

Last one was the Patriots - Colts in 2007
By:
dlarssonf
When: 30 Oct 15 12:43
also there has never been this many teams with a losing record 7 games in
By:
therhino
When: 11 Nov 15 10:04
Cowboys have some very nice pieces, but at 2-6 you gotta wonder if they would be better off raising the white flag on this year and getting some nice draft picks next year to help out Romo and Dez.

What do people make of the Kaepernick situation? Any teams likely to take a punt on him next year?
By:
Swardean
When: 13 Nov 15 09:19
Colin Kaep came in and really took the place by storm.   He ousted Smith, and looked like he could win them a Championship.   However hey had a great offensive line at that time, good targets in crabtree and Davis and Gore gave them a balanced attack.

Teams were not used to read plays and his athleticism got so many yards and crucial 3rd downs on the ground.

The 49ers team has fallen apart, they cover the read option and force CK to throw, that is not his strong point.
By:
grayhawk
When: 16 Nov 15 19:28
Two big blows to the Patriots offence in back to back weeks ...losing Lewis and Edelman would be a hammer blow for most offences but we all know Belichick and Brady will figure something out

Impressed by the Cardinals last night, not very often you see the Seahawks secondary given such a hard time....best team in the NFC this season for me and will go close if Palmer stays fit....love the coach as well
By:
bankit
When: 17 Nov 15 00:02
Totally agree about the Cardinals Grayhawk. They are easy to root for, and I am particularly pleased that  Larry Fitzgerald is enjoying a great season. While the AFC, has a familiar look with the dominance of New England, the NFC is crazy. Still think that when the dust settles, Green Bay will make it to San Fran. Could not have imagined they would trail Minnesota, entering this stage of the season though.
By:
Swardean
When: 17 Nov 15 02:38
Yes well done Cards, helped by typical slow start, a raft of penalties and another 4th qtr blown lead.

Hard work even for a wildcard now for Seattle.   May just limp in 6th seed, if they are lucky
By:
therhino
When: 17 Nov 15 08:00

Nov 13, 2015 -- 4:19AM, Swardean wrote:

Colin Kaep came in and really took the place by storm.   He ousted Smith, and looked like he could win them a Championship.   However hey had a great offensive line at that time, good targets in crabtree and Davis and Gore gave them a balanced attack.Teams were not used to read plays and his athleticism got so many yards and crucial 3rd downs on the ground.The 49ers team has fallen apart, they cover the read option and force CK to throw, that is not his strong point.

Do you think he would fit in Denver? Surely they must be looking at who is available next season. Would be a shame if Kaepernick is lost to the game, electrifying to watch when in full flight.

By:
grayhawk
When: 17 Nov 15 19:29
Would love to think you're correct about the Packers Bankit but can't see it mesell.....they haven't played well all year and can't see the offence turning it around,struggling to run the ball and Nelson is a FAR BIGGER miss than anybody could have foreseen....i knew he'd be a massive miss but not as much as what he's been.

Even god at QB is having one of his worst stretches of play as a professional Sad
By:
chelters16
When: 19 Nov 15 18:44
I think the Packers have defo flattered to deceive,AR is the best QB in the game but he cant do it alone,sure injuries dont help but every franchise at this time of year are banged up.
By:
Swagger
When: 25 Nov 15 15:32
If Chip Kelly is still in charge of the Eagles next season, I think Colin Kaepernick would be an ideal fit to his system.

Having flagged up the Cowboys several weeks back they have only won a single game since yet remain a similar price which just illustrates the state of the Giants, Eagles and Redskins! I think after Thanksgiving the Eagles will be an afterthought and if the Cowboys can beat the Panthers it will be a shootout between then and the Giants with the latter still very much in control.

I think the loss of form/injuries to Eddie Lacy have played a big part in the Packers' problems in recent games. He looked pretty good against the Vikings and the Pack looked decent as a result - I agree Nelson is a big loss but the Pack can still win the Superbowl without him if Lacy pulls his finger out.
By:
therhino
When: 30 Nov 15 04:31
Crazy week. AFC race for home advantage now wide open, Pats a game up on the Broncos but Broncos with the head to head tie breaker. Early reports on the Gronk not that bad if Twitter can be believed, take that with a grain of salt. Osweiler may have just made this Peyton's last season, you can't drop the kid based off what we have seen here.
By:
bankit
When: 01 Dec 15 15:03
Greatest season ever chaps surely? The game last night, what can you say? Thought Schaub showed great spirit coming back from the pick 6 to make some gutsy plays. Glad his last interception didn't bury his team. What a way for the game to finish. Just going from great game to great game.
By:
therhino
When: 07 Dec 15 05:40
Week 13 ends with a new superbowl favorite. Dem Panthers. Finally.
By:
sykes10
When: 07 Dec 15 13:00
watched a bit of Seattle and Steelers last week and Steelers again last night,think both teams are playing very well and look contenders to me although they'll have to do it on the road,Broncos have a chance to seize homefield with the games coming up...
By:
bankit
When: 08 Dec 15 18:49
Just backed Green Bay at  11/1 to win the SB. Not got any time for attention seeking statements, about bets that I place but I think that is a very decent bet. Best QB, best coach . Will in all probability, need to win at least one play off game on the road to get to San Fran, I like their chances.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 09 Dec 15 11:29
They are 13 and half to win on the exchange.  They also don't have the best coach but I hope they win it but if they run into Seattle they are fcuked imo
By:
grayhawk
When: 09 Dec 15 16:33
All about opinions bankit but i think this is overall the worst Green Bay team  for a few  years......there's three teams in the NFC alone that i'd put above them at the moment.....feel that to have any chance of your bet kopping then Rodgers HAS to get hot heading into the play offs which is perfectly feasible but it hasn't looked like he's gonna.

The VERY BEST of luck with your bet Wink
By:
therhino
When: 14 Dec 15 08:37
Injury list from Week 14 rather brutal...
By:
grayhawk
When: 16 Dec 15 11:06
Patriots players losing solid contributors week on week......Legarrette Blount and Dominique Easley another two put on IR yesterday.

Blount gets hard yards and will be a big miss.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 16 Dec 15 14:02
Yeah grayhawk but Belichick is a master of getting replacements.  If Gronk had off been injured for the year then it's a different story imo
By:
grayhawk
When: 16 Dec 15 15:58
Oh i know that alright dl Wink.....Edelman returning is gonna be a big boost for Brady
By:
dlarssonf
When: 16 Dec 15 16:17
Yeah Edelman is class alright
By:
GoBallistic
When: 16 Dec 15 16:37
Pats apparently in talks with Steven Jackson.  Class act but a lot of miles on the clock
By:
therhino
When: 21 Dec 15 04:01
Anyone see Newton not getting the MVP award?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com