Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ClayDavis
02 Feb 14 10:40
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: ClayDavis's blog
Who is seriously betting the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC against the greatest offense of all time? Who are these people actually putting their hard earned cash on a team extremely luck to be here.
Denver are a horrible match up for the SeaHags and with the weather looking less and less likely to be an issue, there is only one winner here.
The reason why the Broncos are a horrible match up for the SeaHags? a) because they are better and b) because they will spread them out and drive them insane with slants, pick plays and routes. Exactly what Andrew Luck did to them earlier in the season.
In the last two seasons, when the Legion of Gloom has faced a excellent QB spread out the offense they have struggled. Aaron Rogers beat then last season (and yes he did beat them, none of this SeaHags won nonsense), Brady in a very unlucky loss last season and Andrew Luck this season in a high shoot out win for the Colts.
And you know what? Denver are better than any of those three offenses. Manning will pick this defense apart. Seahags have had their issues against the run recently. Arizona ran the ball successfully, as did the Saints. Something was up with Gore the other week imho as he couldn't move it an inch yet Hunter (no where near as good) come on and started getting success with the run. I'm a huge fan or Moreno and Ball and will SeaHags keep their safeties back in order to contain Decker, Welcker and the two Thomas' or will they stack the box in order to stop the run? Questions, questions.
The one SeaHags player who scares me is Marshawn Lynch. he is good, very very good. But Denver have been very good against the run and I'm confident they can contain him. If they do then there is only one winner.
Also what to make of the SeaHags offense line? Great in the run game yet appalling in pass plays. Go back to the 49ers game. Whenever the 49ers brought an extra rusher, Wilson was scampering for his life. Nearly every time the rusher had a free shot at Wilson. Jack del Rio loves to blitz and I can see Wilson scampering all over the place.
I'm prepared to concede the Broncos giving up deep plays as their secondary is a bit rank.
But I think the Broncos will turn this into a shoot out. And Wilson won't win a shoot out.
Denver are better. The SeaHags are lucky to be here. The Zebras, surely surely surely, can't come to their rescue again.
Only one winner here and it's the Denver Broncos.
MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE BET ON THE DENVER BRONCOS (Moneyline) at 5-6
Pause Switch to Standard View ***Clay's Super Bowl Pick***
Show More
Report xmoneyx February 2, 2014 1:43 PM GMT
nice write upCool
Report Buell Mule February 2, 2014 3:09 PM GMT
As a novice to NFL here's how I see it... It's the old guard Denver QB against the new breed Seattle QB. Mankind evolves, it's how we got to the moon, figured the world was not flat etc etc. Sure Denver have the experience but youth tends to be fearless. For those very human reasons I will be on Seattle. Yep I'm the 'mug' backing the Seahawks! Enjoy the game all, hoping for a cracker. Grin
Report Studious_1 February 2, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
As someone who has backed Seattle tonight I'm glad to see Mr Davis continue to bet against them.

It always pleases me when people's who's opinion has been proven (see season long thread) to not be worth a dot opposes your own opinion....adds a degree of confidence Grin

Defences win championships, Seattle's D is better and their offence has far more strings to it than Denver's, despite their legend under center.

Thanks Clay once again.
Report northanlite February 2, 2014 11:36 PM GMT
denver sh1tting themselves
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 12:13 AM GMT
Clay proving himself again....LaughLaughLaugh
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 12:13 AM GMT
Commander In Chief v Tenby Part II....Grin
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 12:14 AM GMT
fair to say that was not denvers finest 15 mins

long way to go tho
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 3, 2014 12:15 AM GMT
one of these days an NFL team is going to have Clay Davis bumped off to clear his jinx
Report Studious_1 February 3, 2014 12:23 AM GMT
This'll be an easy Seattle win.

As it looked beforehand on paper and on the evidence of the entire season, their defense is just too good. Even the best QB's can't play when they are faced with such pressure in the pocket and worst still  vs a secondary who have picked off any pass which has been off key all season long.

Their RB isn't in Marshawn's class, they can't run the option like Wilson can which makes them easy to read in comparison. Seattle are just a team with multiple offensive strings in their bow, impossible to read with the multiple looks they can give a defence - backed up by one of the best D's ever compiled vs an ageing QB who has no offensive weapons at his disposal bar his ability to change plays at the line.

Fully expected Seattle to win for the above reasons but now I see them lined up I realise what a total mismatch these two teams are.

The opening poster I believe think's Manning wins game's by himself....total misunderstanding of what it is to play vs a defensive unit of Seattle's class - least we can all get to sleep by 2am as this will be done midway through the second.
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 12:25 AM GMT
and what about the lunatics posting Manning as the greatest of all-time.....

wearing a glove and throwing ducks....
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 12:28 AM GMT
a bit late coming to the party with that studious Silly
Report Studious_1 February 3, 2014 12:37 AM GMT
He's a great Roger but how any QB with just one ring (irrespective of the fact he had a below average Indi defense to help him along all those years) can ever be considered the greatest QB of all time is, as you say, is laughable.

Hopefully for all those watching around the globe it isn't a total whitewash but for me I've seen enough already to know this is done (normally a very silly statement to make in Q2 of a ball game) but Seattle aren't going to go walkabout in a game of this stature and they are just a better team on both sides of the ball.
Report Studious_1 February 3, 2014 12:38 AM GMT
Don't mind that comment northan, said before they kicked off above on the thread that Seattle had a far better all round team and just couldn't be arsed going into details as to why that was when it was obvious to anyone who has watched the entire season as I have.
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 12:39 AM GMT
the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC....LaughLaughLaugh
Report Studious_1 February 3, 2014 12:40 AM GMT
lol as we talk Denver just got picked again...game over...goodnight all.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 3, 2014 12:43 AM GMT
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 12:43 AM GMT
wow! just a horrible half for the much vaunted denver broncos. if this is a turnover difficult to see a way back
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 3, 2014 12:44 AM GMT
is bill roach playing for the hawks?
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 12:46 AM GMT
big break for denver
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 1:10 AM GMT
1st possession seahawks. any points from it and denver are toast
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 1:32 AM GMT
that has to hurt.
time for bed m8
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 3, 2014 1:32 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 1:35 AM GMT
can you imagine if denver were playing the 1st,2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the NFC. it would be carnage
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 3, 2014 1:46 AM GMT
Im keeping shtum
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 1:57 AM GMT

whip round
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 3, 2014 2:04 AM GMT
Denver 1000's now clay lump on LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 2:06 AM GMT
up there for thread of the year.
Report xmoneyx February 3, 2014 2:06 AM GMT
Houston,we have a problemSadCry
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 2:08 AM GMT
have to admit i thought it would be close. seahawks have been amazing
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales February 3, 2014 2:21 AM GMT
Laugh
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 2:25 AM GMT
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 2:30 AM GMT
is it possible to get more things wrong in a write-up????
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 2:35 AM GMT
Only one winner here and it's the Denver Broncos.
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 2:36 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 3:27 AM GMT
fair play to clay he puts his opinions up when others aftertime. we all get it wrong at times
Report nugget February 3, 2014 3:40 AM GMT
seattle's defence is an angry bunch no doubt...
Report wexford96 February 3, 2014 3:42 AM GMT
well u  a hole have not got a clue   bf loves u  fools
Report Mr Mischief February 3, 2014 4:28 AM GMT
Laugh
You lot should check the Irish forum for some genuine debateCool
Report xmoneyx February 3, 2014 5:12 AM GMT
A quant asset management firm has developed a model to predict the winner of the Super Bowl.

Los Angeles-based Analytic Investors believes that the Denver Broncos will beat the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl XLVIII by more than three points.

For the past several years, Analytic Investors has released its "NFL Alphas" [.PDF] analysis.

The "NFL Alphas" model first began with portfolio manager Steve Sapra, who's really in to sports economics.  This year, the analysis was completed by portfolio analyst Matt Robinson, who focuses on Japanese equities at the firm.

Robinson explained that the NFL Alphas model analyzes NFL teams as if they were stocks. Basically, they look at each teams return on investment (ROI) for the year if you were to have placed a consistent wager on them throughout the regular NFL season.

Analytic Investors' calculations show that the Seahawks have an alpha of 13.7% and the Broncos have an alpha of 4.6%.

However, the quant shop believes that sports bettors are likely to overestimate that the the Seahawks are going to win because their alpha is higher.  Analytic Investors is predicting that the Broncos will win because they had the worst ROI, return on investment, out of the two teams," Robinson told Business Insider. "So we see that the team with the lower ROI, or alpha, tends to be a little undervalued going into the post season." 

All of this is actually analogous to the stock market.

ROFLMAO CryLaugh
Report therhino February 3, 2014 7:49 AM GMT
No offence Clay, but tipping ain't your thing. Either that, or I am on your kiss of death, because in all your threads I read this year it seems you were on a loser.
Report BARROWBOY February 3, 2014 10:43 AM GMT
He was a laughing stock last year too,do yourself a favour,clay,find another sport american footballs not your game.actually he did me a favour i was balls deep on denver,but when i read his post i took some profit.
Report DirkDiggler February 3, 2014 1:24 PM GMT
Who is seriously betting the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC

...You are an utter fool.
Report DirkDiggler February 3, 2014 1:25 PM GMT
Clay picks the SB WRONG, could the season have ended any other way?

Laugh

This is how it always ends for gobsh*te gamblers!
Report Roger De Bris February 3, 2014 1:33 PM GMT
I love the 3 stars before the thread title, and the three stars after it....

a neck like a jockey's bo***x he has....

Crazy
Report Dav_vin03 February 3, 2014 2:28 PM GMT
Another Clay dogs dinner tip

Will he ever learn?
Report bannahan February 3, 2014 3:03 PM GMT
Anyone seen the OP?
Report mr phantom February 3, 2014 3:05 PM GMT
As always an entertaining Clay read. Though I think most regular readers knew that both the thread and its content very predictable. I think you need to let that Seahawk grudge go clay or your going to go broke. Worthy winners but I think any of the teams who made the NFC play offs would have gone all the way such was the apparent difference in quality between the NFC and AFC this year.
Report Biscuit1979 February 3, 2014 3:19 PM GMT
"Anyone seen the OP?"

He's normally found moaning about Tim Sherwood on the Spurs thread
Report DirkDiggler February 4, 2014 2:34 PM GMT
He's normally found moaning about Tim Sherwood on the Spurs thread

This a measure of the man that is Clay Davis, he didn't even know what the Spurs ground was called...
Report Still standing February 4, 2014 3:04 PM GMT
The famous " I just came back from White Heart Lane" post
Report db1974 February 4, 2014 3:29 PM GMT
In fairness most phones have autocorrect and will change Hart to Heart
Report Still standing February 4, 2014 3:45 PM GMT
True, but doesn't he like everyone else type their posts right here in the forum. Maybe I'm missing something.  Certainly wouldn't be the first time.  There is no auto correct when I enter a post.  The red line tells me when I spell something wrong, that's it.  Clay must have entered Hart as Heart.  Maybe it was just an error.  I  know how to use their, there, they're, your and you're, but I get them wrong on here from time to time.  Just an error of quick keying and not going back to check.  I wonder about Heart and Hart though.
Report db1974 February 4, 2014 3:56 PM GMT
Well if I post here using an iPhone or iPad then any spelling errors get corrected automatically by Apple's software. If I use a laptop or desktop then they don't but Microsoft's software will highlight the error in red as you said.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com