Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Red Lorry Yella Lol
01 Feb 14 16:03
| Topic/replies: 257 | Blogger: Red Lorry Yella Lol's blog
OK Im a fan but unlike Clay Davis' need to oppose the Seahawks every time they play, Ive only backed them 5 times since August.  However tomorrow I think they are worth backing.  Everyone talks of the number one offence against the number one defence but there is something about that matchup that I think swings this Seattle's way.  In the last 11 Bronco wins the there is only one team, the Texans, that have a pass defence rated in the top ten. Of the other teams they beat, their pass defences are rated 29th (twice), 18th, 28th, 11th, 26th (twice), 20th, 25th and 30th.  The only other single figure pass defence team they played (Colts, 9th), beat them.  Seahawks have the number one pass defence by some way and also the number one defence overall. The Broncos havent had to deal with something like that yet, and boy are those Seahawks fired up and hungry for this.  I wouldnt be surprised to see them win by at least a touchdown.

The other thing...The Broncos only really got their asses kicked once this year....OK it was back in August but guess who they were playing - Seahawks 40- Broncos 10

Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View Why Im backing the Seahawks
Show More
Report TINnotaTON February 1, 2014 6:13 PM GMT
Have traded both these teams on and off during the year and have a healthy green on both sides, however will back the seahawks again only because they are getting to big. broncos being overbet, could see over 2.2 by kickoff once manning fever kicks in, unless of course it is really bad weather.
Report ClayDavis February 1, 2014 6:28 PM GMT
never read so much rubbish in all my life. The Seahawks are not even the best team in the NFC. Is anyone seriously suggesting that if the Seahawks had to play in New Orleans and/or San Francisco in the play offs they would be in the Super Bowl? Absolute nonsense.
Denver would be in the play offs regardless of where they were playing - the moon, foxboro, Denver, San Diego etc etc They are the best team in the AFC.
Interesting that you failed to mention that the Seahawks/Broncos have played five 'common' teams this season and Denver lead the Seahawks on aggregate score
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 1, 2014 6:58 PM GMT
Clay your problem is you see red when you read the word Seahawks so anything you say is going to be skewed by your prejudice. The Seahawks are in the final because they won when it mattered most.
Report ClayDavis February 1, 2014 7:03 PM GMT
Red Lorry Yella Lol - do u think Seattle would have won in San Francisco? New orleans? Do u think they would have beaten the 49ers in Seattle, even, if the 49ers weren't coming off the back of road games in Arizona, Green Bay and Carolina?
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 1, 2014 7:06 PM GMT
And the prices are wrong. The public think Manning is a god and piling in on that basis. He has some of the scariest **** he has has to had  to deal with this season coming for him  tomorrow. Anyway if Im wrong I will just disappear for another 11 years Laugh
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 1, 2014 7:10 PM GMT
would have, could have, if Kaep had thrown that pass a foot further we wouldnt be having this conversation. This year the 'dirty hawks' have destiny and karma on their side Grin
Report ClayDavis February 1, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
As much as I rate the 49ers, Kaep is no Manning. Believe me. Manning won't throw to the first guy he sees. regardless of coverage etc etc
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 1, 2014 8:01 PM GMT
so Clay, if you think they would have been beaten if they had played away from home how does that jive with your '12th man rubbish' view?
Report ClayDavis February 1, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
Read my thread again about the 12th man. I didn't say the Seahawks weren't good at home - their record states they are much better at home than away - I was stating the Bengals, Pats and Saints had better records at home this season yet no one goes on about their 12th man. Plus the 12th man against the 49ers was the fecking zebras
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 1, 2014 9:08 PM GMT
whats your bet tomorrow Clay?
Report Still standing February 1, 2014 10:29 PM GMT

Feb 1, 2014 -- 12:28PM, ClayDavis wrote:

never read so much rubbish in all my life. The Seahawks are not even the best team in the NFC. Is anyone seriously suggesting that if the Seahawks had to play in New Orleans and/or San Francisco in the play offs they would be in the Super Bowl? Absolute nonsense. Denver would be in the play offs regardless of where they were playing - the moon, foxboro, Denver, San Diego etc etc They are the best team in the AFC.Interesting that you failed to mention that the Seahawks/Broncos have played five 'common' teams this season and Denver lead the Seahawks on aggregate score

I guess it's OK for little man Clay to say something like this to someone who post's their opinion, but NO ONE, but NO ONE can do that to Clay, or they risk a hissy fit.  Clay the pot calls the kettle black.

Clay suggests that it means something that Seattle and Denver have played 5 common opponents, and Denver is ahead on aggregate score. OMG. Good for Clay that the season is almost over so Clay can go away and maybe learn something in the off season.  My favourite line of the week ( right up there with a beauty a couple of weeks ago about a team having a game plan )  never read so much rubbish in all my life.

It must be nice to not have to read your own tripe Clay.  The off season can't come soon enough.

Report Still standing February 1, 2014 10:31 PM GMT
BTW, nice analysis Red Lorry.  You pulled out some meaningful situation stats.  Clay is just mad because he could never do anything like that.
Report Swardean February 2, 2014 12:02 AM GMT
I know what you are getting at "Still Standing" but perhaps a bit OTT.  Clay posts his opinions, which as expected in a game of 2 outcomes I agree with some and disagree with others.  As shown in this thread he he can get over.y defensive of his opinion and his view of Seattle is definitely skewed, that said, this forum has been largely dead this year and his input in starting a weekly thread on his picks has at least stimulated debate

Looks like the weather has fallen in the broncos favour and as I am already invested pre-season on Seattle I will not be having a bet this weekend.   If I didnt already have an interest, I really dont think I could call it.   It is that close for me.   Just a game to enjoy and I hope it lives up to its billing.

I do stand to win a fair bit of cash, and laying off has been on my mind.... however, were is the fun in that.  Fingers crossed I collect, but if I dony I will not in the slightest have any regret or problem.  I will accept I backed the wrong team.  GL all.
Report northanlite February 2, 2014 12:51 AM GMT
the NFC is a tougher, harder league right now. I admit that I'm totally biased but the Seahawks will think they are back in the pre season warm ups against this AFC dirt Silly
Report themightymac February 2, 2014 1:22 AM GMT
Personally, I like Manning and the Broncos and hate the Seahawks and their smarmy coach Carroll with a passion, but no sentiment in gambling and top defensive teams normally beat top offences. Seahawks +2 @ 1.95 for me.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 2, 2014 1:22 AM GMT

Feb 1, 2014 -- 12:28PM, ClayDavis wrote:

never read so much rubbish in all my life. The Seahawks are not even the best team in the NFC. Is anyone seriously suggesting that if the Seahawks had to play in New Orleans and/or San Francisco in the play offs they would be in the Super Bowl? Absolute nonsense. Denver would be in the play offs regardless of where they were playing - the moon, foxboro, Denver, San Diego etc etc They are the best team in the AFC.Interesting that you failed to mention that the Seahawks/Broncos have played five 'common' teams this season and Denver lead the Seahawks on aggregate score

Not the best in the NFC? Would they win in N'orleans or San Fran in the post season?
They didn't have to because they ARE the best NFC team this season

Report sideshowbob February 2, 2014 2:24 AM GMT
of course the teams the broncos have hammered will have a worse rated pass defense than they would have if they'd not played the broncos...most of them twice. would seattle still have the number one pass defense if they'd played the broncos twice??

in fact, going on yards per game, seattle have only played 2 games all season against the leagues top 12 passing offense teams. it's easy to find stats to support or disprove anything you want.
Report themightymac February 2, 2014 2:26 AM GMT
Fair comment.
Report ClayDavis February 2, 2014 11:05 AM GMT
I guess people don't like points of FACT. You can make your own judgements about whether they are important or not. But when two teams, who haven't faced each other in a meaningful game for a while, take each other on in such an important game you have to look at every angle you can find.

Seattle v Jacksonville W 17-45
        v Houston W 20-23
        v Indianapolis L 28-34
        v Tennessee W 13-20
        v New York Giants W 0-23

Denver  v Jacsonville W 19-35
        v Houston     W  13-37
        v Indianapolis L 35-39
        v Tennessee    W 28-51
        v New York Giants 23-41

People can argue if these points are important or not. But I'm afraid they are facts and relevant to the discussion
Report northanlite February 2, 2014 11:27 AM GMT
you are sooooooo bitter clay.
win or lose the seahawks have made the superbowl,
get over it & enjoy the game Cool
Report Marcce February 2, 2014 2:08 PM GMT
Tend to think people are looking at the wrong offence v defence battle. The Denver defence has really stepped up in the last few weeks and Seattle aren't exactly free scoring. If they're limited to under 20 points like the Patriots and Chargers were that's not going to be enough imo.
Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 2, 2014 2:20 PM GMT
Im looking forward to seeing Percy Harvin against two of the worst cornerbacks in the league.
Report Marcce February 2, 2014 3:12 PM GMT
Harvin's the unknown factor really. As good as he is there has to be rustiness there. Lots of people are talking about him as if he hasn't missed virtually the whole year and that it's Percy Harvin at his best coming into the game. There's every chance it won't be.
Report Buell Mule February 2, 2014 3:13 PM GMT
As a novice to NFL here's how I see it... It's the old guard Denver QB against the new breed Seattle QB. Mankind evolves, it's how we got to the moon, figured the world was not flat etc etc. Sure Denver have the experience but youth tends to be fearless. For those very human reasons I will be on Seattle. Yep I'm the 'mug' backing the Seahawks! Enjoy the game all, hoping for a cracker. Grin
Report Roger De Bris February 2, 2014 3:36 PM GMT
With Chris Harris out of the lineup after an ACL tear in the divisional round, we saw a thoroughly overmatched Quentin Jammer thrust back into the lineup to promptly get torched by his former team. Jammer’s subsequent benching meant that after a year littered with nagging injuries, Champ Bailey has finally returned to full-time play.

On the field for over half the defense’s snaps for the first time since Week 6, Bailey came up big but in a quiet way, allowing just one catch for four yards in 42 coverage snaps against one of the league’s best quarterbacks. This is a good sign for Denver fans, as it may mean that Bailey is back to the elite level of play he’s exhibited over his Hall-of-Fame-worthy career.

Traded to the Broncos from Washington in 2004, Bailey wasted no time in rewarding Denver, tallying 21 interceptions over his first three years with the team, eventually setting the franchise record with 34. But after a season derailed by injury in which he played fewer than 200 regular season snaps, Bailey’s future may be in question. He’ll turn 36 next summer, practically ancient by cornerback standards, and is set to make $10 million next year alone. Whether it’s retirement, restructuring, or release, this Super Bowl has the potential to be the first ballot Hall-of-Famer’s last game.

Also with a future in question will be the man starting opposite Bailey, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Drafted nearly a decade after Bailey, Rodgers-Cromartie has had a tumultuous career to say the least. Drafted in the first round back in 2008 by Arizona, Rodgers-Cromartie took over the starting job at corner midway through the Cardinals’ 2008 Super Bowl campaign.

Despite tallying 13 interceptions and scoring four touchdowns in his first three years in Glendale, the Cardinals had soured on the young cornerback and sent him packing to Philadelphia as part of the Kevin Kolb deal, where his play suffered as part of the ‘Dream Team’ fiasco. As a free agent last spring, Rodgers-Cromartie signed a short-term deal with Denver and has proved a valuable addition.

Though his playing time has been inconsistent, Rodgers-Cromartie has been anything but. Not once during the regular season did he allow more than four receptions in a game and he’s played particularly well in the latter half of the season. He surrended just six catches through the season’s final eight weeks, despite playing 186 coverage snaps over seven games.

That late-season reception rate of one catch every 31 coverage snaps is an outstanding figure we haven’t seen since the days of Nnamdi Asomugha back in Oakland (30.6 for the whole season). Even if you don’t cherry-pick his good games, Rodgers-Cromartie allowed a catch on average every 15.7 coverage snaps for a full year’s work. It’s worth noting that the only corners who did better in that regard were a couple of guys named Sherman and Revis.

Report Red Lorry Yella Lol February 2, 2014 4:41 PM GMT
Eli, an ape from Utah, picked the Seattle Seahawks to win the Super Bowl on Thursday. He has correctly picked the Super Bowl winner for six straight years.  (PS not that Eli) plus Teddy Bear the porcupine, who correctly predicted the last two Super Bowls, has chosen the Seattle Seahawks. Fred the psychic bunny backs them up.  Clay Davis has got to go some to beat these critters.
Report vol n. oven February 2, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
unfortunately a giant manatee who has picked the last 6 s/bowl winners goes for denver Cry, hope its on a plate tomorrow at the side of some chips Happy
Report Still standing February 2, 2014 5:21 PM GMT
The tally so far.  For Seattle (3): Eli the ape,Teddy the porcupine, Fred the psychic bunny,
For Denver (2): Noname the manatee, ClayD the buffoon.
Report themightymac February 2, 2014 5:54 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report Captain Wurzel February 2, 2014 6:19 PM GMT
They've all got credibility for me - apart from ClayD Laugh
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 2, 2014 7:38 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2014 -- 9:13AM, Buell Mule wrote:

As a novice to NFL here's how I see it... It's the old guard Denver QB against the new breed Seattle QB. Mankind evolves, it's how we got to the moon, figured the world was not flat etc etc. Sure Denver have the experience but youth tends to be fearless. For those very human reasons I will be on Seattle. Yep I'm the 'mug' backing the Seahawks! Enjoy the game all, hoping for a cracker.

The trouble for me is (and I am no conspiracy nut) I honestly don't think they ever landed on the moon.

Report Buell Mule February 2, 2014 7:46 PM GMT
I'd have to agree Texas. I'm not convinced Denver or Seattle have ever landed on the moon! Grin Seriously tho I did see a documentary once that put a good case for man never having been to the moon.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz February 2, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
I just think that they were in such a race to beat the soviets that they filmed it in a studio, I am in the hawks corner too though
Report Buell Mule February 2, 2014 8:00 PM GMT
The camera can lie for sure in this day and age. Maybe they were ahead of the curve back then. Let's hope the Seahawks can pull it off tonight.
Report TerryHurlock February 2, 2014 8:15 PM GMT
Marshawn Lynch to score TD and seahawks to win at 5/2 at hills for a bit of interest

fook work tomorrow
Report casemoney February 2, 2014 11:18 PM GMT
Its freezing favour hawks run game over broncs pass ,hawks d so quick think they get to Peyton ,well they have to to Happy
or they wont be winning .. G luck all
Report Still standing February 3, 2014 2:05 AM GMT

Feb 1, 2014 -- 7:22PM, themightymac wrote:

Personally, I like Manning and the Broncos and hate the Seahawks and their smarmy coach Carroll with a passion, but no sentiment in gambling and top defensive teams normally beat top offences. Seahawks +2 @ 1.95 for me.

Denver got a hurtful arse kicking.  I took a sizable loss on them.  I'll have to go down and sell some blood to make some money so I can feed myself, wife, and 8 children.  Can't go until about Thursday because my blood is too thin from too much beer at the moment.

Anyway, the above quote by MMac.  Wish I had said it or something like it so succinctly.  It could apply to almost any gambling situation if you change some names and numbers. It should be pasted on every monitor and looked at before a bet is made.

Well done Seattle backers.  An smackdown most of you saw coming.  Feels great when a plan plays out exactly as envisioned.

Report nugget February 3, 2014 2:17 AM GMT
oh yeah,

rip still standing
Report nugget February 3, 2014 2:18 AM GMT

Feb 2, 2014 -- 8:17PM, nugget wrote:

oh yeah,rip still standing

god bless electricity for the cold bear i enjoy consuming
wrong thread...

Report Still standing February 3, 2014 2:29 AM GMT
RIP  right.
Nuggie Boy = Yawn

FREE MONEY  FREE MONEY

Nugget is an idiot
Report northanlite February 3, 2014 3:09 AM GMT
northanlite • February 2, 2014 12:51 AM GMT
the NFC is a tougher, harder league right now. I admit that I'm totally biased but the Seahawks will think they are back in the pre season warm ups against this AFC dirt

for real!!
Report Marcce February 3, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
Game was basically done and dusted after 12 seconds. It was only 2 points but what it did to both teams psychologically was immeasurable.

Shame it wasn't more of a contest but fair play to the Seahawks for not giving them any chance to get up off the canvas.
Report DirkDiggler February 4, 2014 2:39 PM GMT
I disagree, it was 2 points, that's all the game wasn't over then, it was over @ HT. No doubt the bad start you describe set the ball rolling, but the game was far from over at the time.
Report Marcce February 5, 2014 9:30 PM GMT
Like I said dirk I know it was only 2 points but I felt it set the tone for all that followed. It was like the Broncos showed the Seahawks they would struggle with the crowd noise, their defence and their own jitters all without the clock having moved.

It reminded me of a Chelsea match from about 10 years ago. We were playing Tottenham in a 2nd leg of a semi final at their place and were 2-1 up going into the game. We conceded a total comedy of errors goal inside 2 minutes and ended up losing 5-1 having not lost at that ground for 15 years previously. It wasn't so much conceding the early goal that seemed to do for us that night, more the manner of it and that's what I felt about the Broncos.

Funnily enough we played them in the FA Cup at the same ground 6 weeks later and having avoided a disastrous opening we beat them 4-0.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com