Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wallflower
14 Jan 14 15:28
| Topic/replies: 7,969 | Blogger: Wallflower's blog
Harry22 - as promised my reply to your baitingCool of me about the NFC vs AFCHappy during the Panthers @ 49ers match. I'm very much a "single-tasker" and was concentrated on the game as I said, not shying awayHappy

Anyway.....I'm not "pro-AFC". Eagles fan as well, after all.

Th points I made earlier in the season was a response to the "AFC is pathetic", "AFC is very weak", when at that time in the matches were about 11-3 in favour of the AFC teamsShocked.... contributors hadn't seemed to notice - it ended-up 34-30 to the NFC - not much difference there.

I don't see that there is much difference in the average standard of teams, they come from the same pool and play to the same rules (thankfully).

The point is, I'm not arguing in favour of the AFC, in fact when the NFC "big-guns" were being beaten by the likes of the Colts and the Bengals, someone said the AFC was stronger - I came back and defended the NFC. I'm arguing that saying one conference is inherently better than the other is not really valid. Just when you say it, a result or sequence of results could "prove" the opposite.

The other argument that there are more SB contenders from the NFC, therefore NFC is stronger, is meaningless.

Real Contenders are/were:
- Seahawks
- 49ers
- Broncos
- Patriots

......and this year it doesn't look like any other team if they were in the "other conference" would break into the Conference Championship match.

You may as well say the WEST is dominant given the strengths of the NFC West and AFC West - and pretend that is some sort of analysis. It's not, of course. It just means at this particular moment in time (2013) the teams in the NFC West and AFC West are strong - there is nothing inherently strong about them just because they are in a Western Division.

It's all about how teams match-up with each other - nothing to do with their Division or their Conference.

Interestingly, the NFC West and AFC West are due to meet each other in inter-conference matches next yearHappy....and the "weak" NFC East and AFC South are due to meet. If these teams were at the same level in 2014, then you probably would see an average of 1-2 less wins for the "West" teams, and 1-2 more for NFC East/AFC South.
Pause Switch to Standard View This AFC / NFC thing......!
Show More
Report HARRY22 February 3, 2014 1:54 AM GMT
No contest really Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com