Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ClayDavis
21 Oct 13 19:32
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: ClayDavis's blog
What were ESPN thinking picking this game for MNF?
Anyway the 0-6 Giants are still favs for this game which in itself is surprising as they have been absolutely guff for most of the season. They can't stop the run, their secondary gets trashed, they have no pass rush, their running game is deplorable and Eli is throwing pick after pick.
Why on earth would anyone back them to give away 3.5 of a start let along win? And what is worse for the Giants is that Jacobs, who is the one who looked capable of running the ball for the Giants, is likely to miss tonight's game. So who exactly runs the ball for the g-men?
And what about this run defense for the Giants? They will have to load the box in order to stop Adrien Peterson. And if they do that then Josh Freeman will have Simpson and Patterson and Jennings to hit deep.
The Vikings pass rush - led by Jered Allen - is far, far better than the Giants' and then will keep Eli on his toes all night long.
I accept that the Vikings secondary is rubbish and the excellent wide receivers for the Giants could have a field day. But with no run game to speak of, the Vikings will be able to rush 4 and drop men into coverage.
The Vikings do have, possibly, the worst cornerback in the league in Josh Robinson. He is complete tosh.
People are talking about the Giants last week in Chicago. They forget that it took a last gasp TD for the Bears to beat the Vikings earlier in the season.
This comes down to the Giants defending the run. If they load the box - i think they will have to - then Freeman has the chance to shred them deep. If he does they will have to cover and then Peterson will have a field day.
The Vikings +3.5 is a gift from god.
BIG BET ON THE VIKINGS +3.5 at 5-6
Pause Switch to Standard View Freeman to make flying start against...
Show More
Report orioles October 21, 2013 9:26 PM BST
I like the Giants.

Both pass rushes are failing to get home (Vikes have 10, NYG 5) so Manning should get a little more time in the pocket and the Vikes are horrible deep. The Giants have been ok against the run recently; they won't lock down Peterson, but they might slow him down and if the Giants can get out to a lead, it'll fall to Freeman to catch up.

I just prefer Cruz, Nicks and Randle going up against Cook and Robinson. If Eli can throw it to the right team!

It doesn't look worth staying up for, though. Take Kyle Rudolph to score (TEs have been giving the Giants fits) and have an early night Happy

GL
Report DirkDiggler October 21, 2013 10:27 PM BST
The Vikings pass rush - led by Jered Allen - is far, far better than the Giants' and then will keep Eli on his toes all night long.

>>>29th in sacks.
Report Swardean October 21, 2013 10:57 PM BST
Can't be bothered staying up for this but would be extremely confident in the giants if Jacobs plays. Without him, they still should win but will wait for Thursdays game.
Report Still standing October 22, 2013 12:05 AM BST
There are times during the NFL season when the simplicity of it all is right there if front of the bettor.  People make this game way too complicated. Brandon Jacobs might not play tonight ?  Oh my.   Josh Freeman is going to do his throwing, dancing, scrambling, running best to make it look like he belongs. Bottom line:  are Minnesota and all the mojo JF can muster going to outscore  the Giants ?  I think they have to score more then 35 to win.  I say no way.  Took a dabble on NYG @ 1.56, can't believe the generosity of my fellow competitors.  NyG might score less then 35, doubtful, but ask yourself, are the Vikes going to outscore them tonight ?
Report grrrrrowl October 22, 2013 12:29 AM BST
not sure G-Men score 30+ points tonight
Report DirkDiggler October 22, 2013 1:36 AM BST
I'm on NYG scoring over 25.5.
Report Wallflower October 22, 2013 2:06 AM BST
Market is surprisingly pro-Giants when in possession......it's like its expecting the long strike against Vikings dodgy secondary
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 2:07 AM BST
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!
Report Wallflower October 22, 2013 2:10 AM BST
PleasingHappy
Report HowieTheRookie. October 22, 2013 2:20 AM BST
Coughlin is gonna have a heart attack if they continue to play like this
Report HowieTheRookie. October 22, 2013 2:23 AM BST
Combined 'Passer Rating' must be pretty low so far
Report Hank Hill October 22, 2013 2:27 AM BST
That 27k NY @ 1.32 was interesting Grin
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 2:28 AM BST
back or lay HH?
Report The Mascara October 22, 2013 2:30 AM BST
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Report Hank Hill October 22, 2013 2:31 AM BST
layed what I could and out between 1.8/.9 I wish I could do all markets like that lol
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 2:45 AM BST
this is still in the balance
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 3:12 AM BST
anyone want to throw a prediction out there?
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 3:24 AM BST
NY are SOOOOOOOOO bad
Report Wallflower October 22, 2013 3:29 AM BST
I predict both these teams lose next week ........ and i haven't checked who they are playing. That's a serious prediction.
Report wisewords October 22, 2013 3:31 AM BST
they're both super sucky
Report Wallflower October 22, 2013 3:39 AM BST
I prefer low scoring matches as many times its based on good defense - while the defenses here both seem reasonable - the majority of the stops are through poor execution (no power or finesse in running, missed routes badly thrown in the passing game).
Report Wallflower October 22, 2013 3:40 AM BST
A 10 point lead here would be like a 20 point lead in most matches.
Report tsango October 22, 2013 3:42 AM BST
scherles missed an easy pick 6 and now a fumble in 2 plays. what a prat. 14 pt turnaround in 10 seconds.
Report silvs October 22, 2013 4:12 AM BST
one of the most disgusting games i have ever seen.
Report Swardean October 22, 2013 8:25 AM BST
Two poor teams but Vikes are gash.  How did they bt Steelers at WembleyShocked
Report ClayDavis October 22, 2013 10:44 AM BST
That was one of most inept QB displays I have ever seen and that is saying something. Any decent QB would have shredded the Giants tonight. The Giants were there for the taking - once again. They are just awful. But Freeman missed so many easy passes it's unbelievable. Well done Giants backers but you got away with one tonight
Report orioles October 22, 2013 6:09 PM BST
Hardly. Nicks and Randle put some big gainers and a TD on the floor (or Manning overthrew him) Cruz also dropped a TD pass and Manning even missed a couple of slants - usually his bread and butter.

Freeman wasn't on the same page as his receivers (hardly surprising) but unless Peterson has a big game, the Vikings are never going to be able to compensate for the worst secondary in football.

A confident Manning would put up a cricket score.

I'd make the same bet every time.
Report Still standing October 22, 2013 8:38 PM BST
Clay is just having a hissy fit because his coin has been coming up tails lately.
Report ClayDavis October 22, 2013 10:45 PM BST
orioles - good luck backing the Giants this season. They are absolutely garbage. I will be a layer. Every game
Report orioles October 23, 2013 12:25 AM BST
If they play the Vikes every week, I will, but I'm pretty sure they don't!
Report Still standing October 23, 2013 9:29 PM BST

Oct 22, 2013 -- 4:45PM, ClayDavis wrote:

orioles - good luck backing the Giants this season. They are absolutely garbage. I will be a layer. Every game

Shows how much you know about betting on sports Clay.  Maybe you should just shut it down now, learn a lot more, come back with a new outlook.

Report Daryl Revok October 23, 2013 10:20 PM BST
'Shows how much you know about betting on sports Clay.  Maybe you should just shut it down now, learn a lot more, come back with a new outlook.'

Why on earth would he do that when, according to the other stalkers thread, from the sample size given, he's winning? Confused
Report Still standing October 24, 2013 3:58 AM BST
He's winning.  Right. I know you're kidding Daryl. I saw that thread.  He now appears to be chasing his bets. All his recent bets are large or huge or mega sized. He will lay NYG every game. Genius.  ClayDavis = Millionaire Morse  He continues to back his selections up with facts that are proven to be wrong ( Minny has a good pass rush, but are 29th in sacks )  I'm thinking he might have a form of dyslexia.  Go read his support of Arizona over Seattle.
Report ClayDavis October 24, 2013 9:47 AM BST
Still standing - post your selections of fcuk off. Simple really. I'm happy to take constructive criticism off the likes of swardean and wallflower etc etc as they post their opinions, for good or for worse.
Stand up and be counted or p!ss off.
Report orioles October 24, 2013 7:58 PM BST
I have some sympathy for Clay. I pick all the baseball and football games shown live in the UK and it's odd how stressful it can be! At least Clay's in there pitching.

We've always been a pretty friendly lot on here (and there are some smart punters as well, particularly where football is concerned) and it wasn't my intention to rip Clay, I simply disagreed with him.

I probably wouldn't have put his riposte in quite that language lol, but fair do's.
Report d13phe October 24, 2013 8:01 PM BST
please remember this is the North American Forum.

we do things the right way on here.

Clay brings energy and interest to this forum so I personally welcome his picks,
Report DirkDiggler October 24, 2013 9:12 PM BST
That was one of most inept QB displays I have ever seen and that is saying something. Any decent QB would have shredded the Giants tonight. The Giants were there for the taking - once again. They are just awful. But Freeman missed so many easy passes it's unbelievable. Well done Giants backers but you got away with one tonight

>>>Giants also dropped two TD's Clay. The point was made over and over again that JF did not have enough to to learn the offense, so they had a limited playbook. That was spot on. They've also got nothing at WR, even a defense as poor as NYG can stop AP when they stack the box, they could do that because Freeman didn't scare them. Better QB's than JF new longer than about 10 days with a new team to get comfortable with the offense. Also Glennon has come in and done better than JF in the same offense and he's a rookie, which tells you where JF is right now as an NFL QB - back to square 1.
Report themightymac October 24, 2013 10:47 PM BST
We all know f*** all except the 1.05 backer Devil
Report Wallflower October 25, 2013 1:05 AM BST
I don't really know if I buy into Freeman not having enough time to learn the offense (presumably a cut-down version). I would presume he was executing ok in practice sessions, otherwise why would he start? Has often been done before.

Summat' not right here.
Report DirkDiggler October 25, 2013 12:21 PM BST
Why would he start? because they've given up on Ponder, the season is over already for Minny, they want a look at Freeman who will be a FA at the end of the year, if they don't like him they'll draft another QB.
Report d13phe October 25, 2013 12:55 PM BST
Minny should trade Adrian Peterson or Jared Allen imo.

They have so many holes on both sides of the ball that a good draft is not going to fix.
Report Wallflower October 25, 2013 1:24 PM BST
My point is (leaving aside that they are not too keen on Ponder) if he practiced like he played then he wouldn't have started - unless the Vikings staff are nuts.

So he MUST have practiced reasonably ok - but then seemed to lose it under gameday conditions - I've seen now they are saying he might have been concussed - but no mention of that until a couple of days agoConfused.

My thinking is either:-
---  something seriously wrong with his confidence or he has just lost ability
---  he did actually get concussed and it genuinely affected him
---  or more likely......something else wrong (outside of football) that is impacting his game

there is more to this than meets the eye in terms of his leaving Tampa, and his performance on Monday.
Report DirkDiggler October 25, 2013 2:40 PM BST
He probably did practice ok, that does not mean he knew the offense well (he clearly didn't) or that he would play well. What about Vikes over the last few years makes you think they're a smart organization? Therefore, that they threw JF in without being ready makes sense. They're playing QB musical chairs right now and have been since Dante Culpepper.

Concussed? yeah, a possibility, again that speaks to the Vikes ineptitude.

More than meets the eye? sure there was, he and Schiano did not get on, he missed team meetings etc, his play was awful, the writing was on the wall for JF when the story about him missing photos broke.

Glennon has so far played far better as a rookie, than JF did all season.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com