Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Srichaphan or Ancic?
29 Sep 13 16:15
| Topic/replies: 56,153 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog
Can't pick any of these matches with any certainty.
Pause Switch to Standard View Is it just me or is this week's NFL...
Show More
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:16 PM BST
Even Jacksonville v Indianapolis, Jacksonville are not THAT bad.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:17 PM BST
Denver are the single team that I would be confident putting a bet on, but of these early matches there are just none. Trying to choose between Tampa Bay, at home to the useless road side that is Arizona, or unpredictable NY Giants at Kansas City.
Report startedOct2000stillgoingstrong September 29, 2013 5:23 PM BST

there are worse than that
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 5:26 PM BST
It's very tough, lots of parity. NCAAF much better better proposition IMO.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:27 PM BST
I want to put money on NYG, but, I am questioning why their odds are so big?
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:31 PM BST
Likewise Minnesota. Pittsburgh were awful last week.
Seattle fail to impress away, so they are not worth 1.8s.
Cleveland are reasonable at home, and Cincinnati are nothing special.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:32 PM BST
Buffalo are tough to beat sometimes and playing an out of form side.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:32 PM BST
Detroit shouldnt be favourites at home imo, but I think that will be close.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:33 PM BST
and Jacksonville do win more than half their home games, so I can't put money on Indianapolis there.
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 5:46 PM BST
jacksonville dont win more than half their home games.they wont win 3 games all season. thats said, this might be one of em. teams that come off a big surprise win are often prone to a shock themselves soon after. not a game i would touch but youd have to think indy should win.

i think the following teams will probably win:
minnesota 2.4
tennessee 1.69
dallas 1.9
houston 2.12

denver will probaby thrash philadelphia but 1.2 isnt much cop.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:51 PM BST
Their 10 year record at home is 52%.
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 5:57 PM BST
their 1 year record this season wont be
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 5:58 PM BST
but you said they dont when statistically they do.
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 5:58 PM BST
Their 10 year record at home is 52%.

>>>That means absolutely nothing today.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 6:00 PM BST
Nor does predicting their future season results this year. You have to use something to judge whether the odds are correct, and I use stats.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 6:10 PM BST
As usual, there is no money on any of these markets bar the match odds. NFL used to be popular on here too.
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 6:36 PM BST
Nor does predicting their future season results this year. You have to use something to judge whether the odds are correct, and I use stats.

>>>Bu that stat doesn't tell you anything about today.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 6:46 PM BST
69 yd TD NYG
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 7:38 PM BST
im all for stats, i use them all the time, but nfl is probably the only sport i dont generally look at them. there just arent enough games in a season. and i really dont like using previous season stats on any sport.

i dont get how jacksonvilles 10 year home record has anything to do with this season? i would have thought near enough every team in the league has won over 50% of their home games in the last 10 years?
Report Beaniash September 29, 2013 8:38 PM BST
DALLAS IS A CERTAINTY , DENVER IS A CERTAINTY , NOT SURE WHY SO TOUGH TO PREDICT
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 8:42 PM BST
Only srichipan allowed to post on this thread

Joined: 18 May 03 | Topic/replies: 51,298 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog

Laugh  they are awful that is why they were around +98 last week in seattle
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 8:52 PM BST
Tired of telling people how bad schaub is,terrible decision making probably cost them the game here
Report Dan Chipowski September 29, 2013 8:54 PM BST
What a complete and utter d!ckhead Schaub really is.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 8:56 PM BST
Yes he is,didn't need to make that throw,they were 7pts up.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 8:57 PM BST
They should have won this game by now,the D has been on top until then,same stupid play just happened in tampa.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 8:59 PM BST
tampa and houston both deserve to lose for being stupid, especially tampa as they have shut arizona down all day long.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:05 PM BST
Its a bit like saying you cant judge Man Utd v Norwich based on the previous years records. To an extent, you cant, but obviously it has an impact on the odds. However, in NFL, it doesnt and it should. So to compare previous records to the odds on NFL is quite useful, I think.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:06 PM BST
so many comebacks today, quite crazy.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:12 PM BST
Any ideas for this later batch of matches?
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:12 PM BST
Tempted by Oakland.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:15 PM BST
KCCHIEFS
MIADOLPHINS
WASREDSKINS
STLRAMS
CLEBROWNS
OAKRAIDERS
DETLIONS

All have less than 50% at home
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 9:19 PM BST
if houston lose this im gonna cry. i greened out the vikings but let this one run. how the hell have they not win already.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:20 PM BST
I hope houston win this one,they deserve the win.
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 9:21 PM BST
seattles defence gives me nightmares
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:22 PM BST
wow schaub almost picked off,he just doesn't handle the pressure in the big moments,looks top draw when they are 30pts up
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:22 PM BST
seattle with the ball back,I can see the texans D coming up big here,JJ WATT time.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:28 PM BST
Think I might wait, and just pile some money onto New England.
Report Hank Hill September 29, 2013 9:29 PM BST
Incredible implosion by Texans Sad
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:30 PM BST
Patriots are going down tonight.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:30 PM BST
at the same time tampa did exactly the same
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 9:34 PM BST
Texans spit the bit again...

Consistently the most overrated team in the NFL.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:35 PM BST
manning to welker TD,what a pick up welker was,perfect kind of receiver for manning
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 9:35 PM BST
Yep, on Denver -10.
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 9:35 PM BST
to be fair the texans were underdogs. kits not as if they were 1/5 or owt.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:36 PM BST
It is the quarterback for me dirk,they have a lot of talent on that team but he will never get it done.  The defence played superbly today,one crazy play cost them big.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:37 PM BST
I actually thought texans would win today and for most of the game they were winning this game well.
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 9:37 PM BST
that play on i think 3rd down was ridiculous. up by 7 and you just toss it to the defence for a td. moron.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:39 PM BST
yep you had to try a safer play and then kick the ball away if they couldn't make the 1st down, the defence was playing well enough to stop seattle
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 29, 2013 9:40 PM BST
Been one of those weekends. Win lose win lose... end result = zero.
Report HARRY22 September 29, 2013 9:42 PM BST
this chargers team has been very impressive this season,they should really be unbeaten.  danny woodhead is his main target this season,hell of a pick up
Report sideshowbob September 29, 2013 9:49 PM BST
the play call was ridiculous, you need a safe throw not some gimmicky playaction bootleg crap. whoever called that is a prize twit. but having made that call, schaub should have seen the defence didnt fall for it and not thrown it to him.
Report db1974 September 29, 2013 11:19 PM BST
All the talk has been about Texans losing that game but for me the big thing is that the Seahawks have struggled in both road games so far, first against Panthers in Week 1 and then again today. They play the Colts in Indianapolis next weekend. If they travel back to Seattle from Houston and then back east again then they are well worth taking on. However if they decide to go straight to Indiana then they could give a better account of themselves than they have so far. Early indications are that the Seahawks will be 3-pt favs next weekend so one to watch IMO.
Report DirkDiggler September 29, 2013 11:43 PM BST
All the talk has been about Texans losing that game but for me the big thing is that the Seahawks have struggled in both road games so far, first against Panthers in Week 1 and then again today. They play the Colts in Indianapolis next weekend. If they travel back to Seattle from Houston and then back east again then they are well worth taking on. However if they decide to go straight to Indiana then they could give a better account of themselves than they have so far. Early indications are that the Seahawks will be 3-pt favs next weekend so one to watch IMO.
Rate reply:
| report bl

>>>I like  your thinking, whatever the Seahawaks do travel wise, I like the Colts getting any points, they're a good team. This is not a good spot for the Seahawahks, west to east 2 weeks running against tough teams. It'll be loud in that dome too, I can't see any chance that the hawks won't go back to Seattle and back west again. ASAIK NFL teams don't think this way, they go back home.

I like Indy S/U in this spot, and the points are gravy. Colts at home now vs anyone should be fav, with exception of Denver. They've hammered SF on the road, had an easy walkover today, they'll be walking on air coming into next weekend.
Report db1974 September 30, 2013 9:49 AM BST
Seahawks official twitter account tweeted that the team had landed home so obviously they are not going direct to Indiana from Houston. Colts +3.0 for me next weekend so.
Report DirkDiggler September 30, 2013 11:36 AM BST
Nah, they never stay over anywhere. Not surprised. Yeah Colts +3 for me.
Report db1974 September 30, 2013 11:59 AM BST
Last year or the year before I think the 49ers stayed on the East Coast for a week between 2 East Coast games. I'll try to find something on it.
Report db1974 September 30, 2013 12:04 PM BST
Found it!

Last year the 49ers stayed in Ohio after they lost a road game to the Vikings in Week 3 before beating the Jets 34-0 in New York the following week. The article also mentions that they did the same thing the previous year when they beat the Eagles in Philly a week after beating the Bengals in Cincinnati

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/49ers-head-back-home-impressive-win-over-jets
Report Swardean September 30, 2013 4:14 PM BST
I think the travel will be a factor but we are only talking 3 hr time difference and first class travel always helps.   The texans have a far better defence than the colts and I think the seahawks will post at least 28 pts next week.   Will indy get at least 25 ? hmmmm..

Perhaps a needed wake up for seattle yesterday. should be a great game but no bet for me.
Report d13phe September 30, 2013 5:14 PM BST
I think NFL is one of the easier games to make cash on.

It has been a cash cows for me for a few good years now.

I think it is important to disregard the hype and actually watch the games not on primetime.  Because the pundits don't!

The whole of America seems to bet on what NFL network/CBS/ESPN tell them all week.
Report Swardean September 30, 2013 7:42 PM BST
Agreed, I have the main game on sky, plus 1 or 2 other streams on my laptop
Report DirkDiggler October 1, 2013 9:10 AM BST
The texans have a far better defence than the colts

>>>I'm not sure that's true. Colts are only giving up 12.8 pts per game, Texans 26.2.

Texans look good in yards, not so good in points.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com