Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
11 Sep 13 18:19
| Topic/replies: 17,005 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Interesting matchup this one.

I think it will be a lot closer than the books suggest.

Having seen both teams play, it is going to be a case of if Jets can minimise mistakes and move the ball in the air. Geno Smith gives them that option imo over Sanchez.

The Jets D looked very good on Sunday and Brady is a superstar but he is going to be without Gronk, Sudfield and Amendola!!  Edelman seems to be the only WR I have heard of.  And Vereen is on injured reserve

I have therefore gone big on Jets +13 (line has moved to +11) and I think Pats should be still favs based on their home record but they don't deserve to be nearly a 2 TD favourite.

Probably get beat by 20+ points after this thread Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View NY Jets @ NE Pats
Show More
Report sideshowbob September 11, 2013 9:05 PM BST
the handicap is fairly ridiculous. the pats are very ordinary. the d is pish. the o is pish. basically its tom brady v the world. i didnt know adem. amend. thingyface was out? really struggling if he is. obviously, brady is still good enough to give them a chance against most teams. but its unlikely theyll win many games this season by huge margins. bound to have their fair share of mistakes. that said, the jets could gift em 20 points just by being the jets. if i was betting, i'd have to have the jets on the handicap. but not with a great deal of enthusiasm.
Report sideshowbob September 11, 2013 9:07 PM BST
have the pats not got any receivers lined up? stunned if they dont sign someone else. theyre not just short of receivers, theyre woefully short.
Report sideshowbob September 12, 2013 4:22 AM BST
where is the anytime td scorer market? cant see one. edelman must be a near cert to score, brady has nobody else left to chuck it too! i can see loads of utterly pointless 1st quarter, 2nd quarter etc betting though. who bets on an individual quarter?? daftest bets imaginable.
Report d13phe September 12, 2013 6:15 PM BST
Edelman 4/5 to score a Td anytime
Report DirkDiggler September 12, 2013 6:49 PM BST
Edelman to score looks a good bet.

17/2 elsewhere he gets first TD is another good shout.
Report sideshowbob September 12, 2013 7:05 PM BST
i may have a few quid on edelman. not sure. not exactly user friendly bets though. its like betting on a spreadsheet. you dont want anybody to win, you dont want points. you just want some bloke to catch a ball in the endzone at some point.
Report db1974 September 12, 2013 7:32 PM BST
I like the Jets on the Hcp too. It falls into my "always back the underdog in divisional match-ups where there is a double-digit spread" system (which I know you all love!)

Gonna keep a record of these bets this year in a separate thread

I like Geno for 1st & Anytime TD tonight - 33/1 is a very good price
Report GoldCupWinner September 12, 2013 7:58 PM BST
I went for the longer handicap at 15.5 points albeit at a shorter price. Extra points could be crucial.
Report ClayDavis September 12, 2013 8:03 PM BST
see my thread
Report DirkDiggler September 12, 2013 10:33 PM BST
i may have a few quid on edelman. not sure. not exactly user friendly bets though. its like betting on a spreadsheet. you dont want anybody to win, you dont want points. you just want some bloke to catch a ball in the endzone at some point.

>>>Betting isn't entertainment.
Report Beaniash September 12, 2013 10:45 PM BST
LOL YOU'VE GONE BIG ON JETS +13 THEN YOU HEDGE YOUR BET SAYING THEY'LL LOSE BY 20. CANT BE THAT CONFIDENT IN YOUR PICK THEN D13Wink
Report incaseof September 12, 2013 11:27 PM BST
Got to be the worst receiving corps I've seen Pats has to play with tonight...I guess it's up to Thompkins to show up Plain
Report sideshowbob September 12, 2013 11:27 PM BST
i never said it was?
Report sideshowbob September 12, 2013 11:38 PM BST
i make more than enough money elsewhere, i dont need to bet on things i dont usually bet on. no matter how likely he his to score, i dont normally bet on stuff like that. so if i do, it wont be a serious bet. maybe just a 100 quid pocket money bet or summat. so by betting on it, it would be entertainment to a degree. thats why i dont know whether i will bother or not. christ you cant say anything on here without getting jumped on.
Report Beaniash September 13, 2013 12:20 AM BST
MY HONEST OPINION IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF YOU'RE DOWN TO YOUR LAST FEW QUID. BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND TO FIND BETTER VALUE.

BETTING ON A DOUBLE DIGIT FAV WHO'S SO THIN UP FRONT IS DOWN RIGHT ASININE NOT TO MENTION THEY ONLY MANAGED 23 AGAINST THE BILLS. THE JETS ARE WOFEUL BUT ATLEAST DEFENSIVELY THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN BUT CANT TRUST THEM TO COVER 12.5. SO ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS YOU DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PATRIOTS SIDE AND EVEN WHEN THEY WHERE DD FAVS LAST YEAR THEY BARELY COVERED SO I WOULDNT TRUST THEM NOW. ON THE FLIPSIDE THEY HAVE TOM BRADY WHO CAN MAKE EVEN ME LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE RECEIVER SO YOU JUST DON'T KNOW. IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY HAD TO COS SOME GUY HAS KIDNAPPED YOUR FAMILY I'D TAKE THE UNDER

... BUT HONESTLY GUYS JUST SAVE YOUR MONEY WEEKEND IS ROUND THE CORNER.
Report Mr Mischief September 13, 2013 1:11 AM BST
Jets @ 5/1 is the value call here. Morale is clearly low in Boston. Edelman wil be double teamed all night and Brady can't do it on his own while Smith hit the ground running last week and will be full of confidence. Jets D will keep them in the game and there's no Sanchez to make a dogs bollix so with New England in disarray the Jets are worth a shot at 5s
Report Hank Hill September 13, 2013 1:28 AM BST
How much would the ransom be Bean? Laugh
Report Hank Hill September 13, 2013 1:35 AM BST
TD Pats already
Report aaronh September 13, 2013 1:41 AM BST

Sep 12, 2013 -- 6:20PM, Beaniash wrote:

MY HONEST OPINION IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF YOU'RE DOWN TO YOUR LAST FEW QUID. BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND TO FIND BETTER VALUE. BETTING ON A DOUBLE DIGIT FAV WHO'S SO THIN UP FRONT IS DOWN RIGHT ASININE NOT TO MENTION THEY ONLY MANAGED 23 AGAINST THE BILLS. THE JETS ARE WOFEUL BUT ATLEAST DEFENSIVELY THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN BUT CANT TRUST THEM TO COVER 12.5. SO ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS YOU DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PATRIOTS SIDE AND EVEN WHEN THEY WHERE DD FAVS LAST YEAR THEY BARELY COVERED SO I WOULDNT TRUST THEM NOW. ON THE FLIPSIDE THEY HAVE TOM BRADY WHO CAN MAKE EVEN ME LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE RECEIVER SO YOU JUST DON'T KNOW. IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY HAD TO COS SOME GUY HAS KIDNAPPED YOUR FAMILY I'D TAKE THE UNDER.  ... BUT HONESTLY GUYS JUST SAVE YOUR MONEY WEEKEND IS ROUND THE CORNER.

Laugh

Report deeppockets September 13, 2013 1:43 AM BST
Looks like Sanchez is still the best Jets quarterback...why doesn't Betfair open a 'Name the quarter the Jets complete a pass' market.
Report deeppockets September 13, 2013 1:48 AM BST
That's what a Jets completed pass looks likeLaughLaugh
Report punkha1 September 13, 2013 2:17 AM BST
I hate listening to Mike Mayock why does he get these gigs?nasally boring ****.
Report Mr Mischief September 13, 2013 2:30 AM BST
Awful hometown calls tonight from the officials. Sickening
Report punkha1 September 13, 2013 2:39 AM BST
After a bright start turning into a **** game gonna give it till ht.
Report punkha1 September 13, 2013 2:42 AM BST
Pats -12 now would rather back it now than at the start,jets don't look like they'll score much and Brady will find a groove sooner or later.
Report HowieTheRookie. September 13, 2013 2:48 AM BST
ANyone else think Geno Smith drops back too far
Report curious-cat September 13, 2013 3:09 AM BST
TD ??
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 13, 2013 3:15 AM BST
FT totals with this score since 2004.

Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 13, 2013 3:16 AM BST
FT differences with this score since 2004.

Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 3:22 AM BST
Overs backers SUICIDAL Pats should have minimum 30 points 2 drops/fumble in end zone and two blown catches when away and gone oh and a missed field goal. Sometimes just not your night. :(
Report Knight Rider September 13, 2013 3:25 AM BST
Someone laid some big chunks of NE there.  I don't see how they can be 1.15 with a 10pt lead.  NYJ will do well to get 10 more even if NE don't score another point.
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 3:28 AM BST
Jets suck they won't score a touchdown finish 31-6 for me.
Report Mr Mischief September 13, 2013 3:33 AM BST
Geno will explode in 2nd half
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 3:34 AM BST
Tampa must be shocking to lose to this ****. QB couldn't throw a beach ball
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 3:36 AM BST

Sep 12, 2013 -- 9:33PM, Mr Mischief wrote:

Geno will explode in 2nd half

Yip he might get a touchdown if he is v lucky. Not for me young or not

Report Mr Mischief September 13, 2013 4:15 AM BST
fook, Geno mixing the bad with the good in the 2nd so far
Report Mr Mischief September 13, 2013 4:31 AM BST
Jets get the ball down 3 with 6mins on the clock. Lets roll now GenoExcited
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 4:37 AM BST
Lol good? Just blow the whistle already this game is hurting my eyes dreadful stuff from both teams. Never seen the Pats punt it away as many times in my life Giselle going to get it hard tonight by Brady he's gonna kill one of his alleged receivers. Muck
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 4:38 AM BST
Bring back Tebow!!
Report Hank Hill September 13, 2013 4:47 AM BST
Pick to finish
Report milla445 September 13, 2013 4:48 AM BST
That was ****g toilet. Can't believe I stayed up to watch that

This fight has been the highlight.
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 4:51 AM BST
Bollock s game waste of time and money **** g awful teams honestly Brady 2-0 fucmkmknows how.
Report [x] These checkboxes suck September 13, 2013 4:52 AM BST
PMSL AT EJECTED
Report SteadyPaceDontChase September 13, 2013 4:53 AM BST
QB for Jets is unbelievably badnwhats that 3 picks I will be laying them every game from now on and backing unders. Pub team
Report [x] These checkboxes suck September 13, 2013 4:57 AM BST
arsed, up brains
Report Beaniash September 13, 2013 7:10 AM BST

Sep 12, 2013 -- 7:28PM, Hank Hill wrote:

How much would the ransom be Bean?

DUNNO BUT HOPEFULLY THE KIDNAPPERS HAVE RELEASED THE VICTIMS BY BACKING THE UNDER Laugh

Report Money On7 September 13, 2013 7:45 AM BST
After watching that display by the pats they shud be a 33-1 shot for the superbowl, the defence is average and brady has no1 to throw to. amendola and gronk have to return from injury which is fair enuff but edelman has done well this season because he is only player who can catch the ball in the heat but 2 years ago he was pretending to be tebow in a practice the week the pats played the broncos. i think he was 4th or 5th on the depth chart and was no more than a gadget man. other teams at the same price as them for the sb can afford for a wr and te to go down injured near the business end of the season and still cope whereas if it happens to either 3 of the pats targets there **** as it was clear to see last nite. also gronk and amendola are massivly injury prone. i really thinking where seeing the fall of 1 of footballs dynastys.
Report d13phe September 13, 2013 12:32 PM BST
nice result Grin
Report Ted Brogan September 13, 2013 2:21 PM BST
Does anyone know what the highest price the Pats were matched at in-running last night?
Report DirkDiggler September 13, 2013 4:55 PM BST
Geno Smith doesn't have a very strong arm, he's going to struggle in the NFL IMO. He doesn't have that quickness and burst for a running QB either. Compare him to RG, Wilson, CK - not close. It was said to be a poor QB class and we can now see why. First time I have seen him but his release is slow, that's not the same thing as taking a long time to throw it, which he did last night, it takes a while for his arm to come over.

Arm strength  C.

Pocket awareness  C.

Release C+.

Decisions making C.

Mobility B-.

Accuracy C.
Report GoldCupWinner September 13, 2013 5:01 PM BST
I too I'm surprised that Tampa didn't manage to beat these. I thought they would be a decent team this year with Martin, VJAX and Mike Williams. I thought acquiring Regis would help them a lot on the D but I guess Freeman is still a very inconsistent QB.
Report fixed September 13, 2013 5:42 PM BST
does it get any better than football anal-
ist dirkdiggler Cplusing the "release" of some random blackbox rookie QB ??

haha keep it coming
Report DirkDiggler September 13, 2013 5:57 PM BST
Jets fan by any chance?

Does it get any better than your post:

what is 'Cplusing'? Are you drunk, or illiterate?

Why the need to put " " around release? Don't you know what release is? It's not something I have made up, it's an acknowledged football term. You're only making yourself look a t*t.

What's a 'random blackbox rookie QB'?

PMSL.

Laugh
Report GoldCupWinner September 13, 2013 6:11 PM BST
I meant to say Revis not Regis!
Report Beaniash September 13, 2013 6:11 PM BST

Sep 13, 2013 -- 10:55AM, DirkDiggler wrote:

Geno Smith doesn't have a very strong arm, he's going to struggle in the NFL IMO. He doesn't have that quickness and burst for a running QB either. Compare him to RG, Wilson, CK - not close. It was said to be a poor QB class and we can now see why. First time I have seen him but his release is slow, that's not the same thing as taking a long time to throw it, which he did last night, it takes a while for his arm to come over.Arm strength  C.Pocket awareness  C.Release C+.Decisions making C.Mobility B-.Accuracy C.

TOM BRADY WAS THE 200TH PICK IN ROUND 6 WHEN HE GOT DRAFTED AND WAS ALMOST CUT, SO WATCHING 2 GAMES OF A YOUNG GUY AND ALREADY DISMISSING HIM IS A BIT HARSH.

Report d13phe September 13, 2013 6:34 PM BST
i think the problem is last years QB class has set new standards.

it takes time to become an NFL QB - even the great ones!

the problem is that 4 freaks of nature (RG3, Luck, Wilson and CK) have completely rewritten the rules.

He had a tough night but hard to judge him this early imo
Report Beaniash September 13, 2013 7:26 PM BST
LUCK IS TEXT BOOK SO NOTHING DIFFERENT BUT OTHERS WILL NOT BE AS DANGEROUS THIS YEAR AS MOST TEAMS WILL PREPARE FOR THEIR STYLE OF PLAY. THE READ OPTION QUARTERBACK WILL NOT LAST ITS JUST A PHASE
Report DirkDiggler September 13, 2013 8:14 PM BST
TOM BRADY WAS THE 200TH PICK IN ROUND 6 WHEN HE GOT DRAFTED AND WAS ALMOST CUT, SO WATCHING 2 GAMES OF A YOUNG GUY AND ALREADY DISMISSING HIM IS A BIT HARSH.

>>>HOW MANY TOM BRADY'S ARE THERE? THAT'S A POINTLESS COMPARISON.

I RATED HIM ON WHAT I SAW AND IT WASN'T GOOD. I STAND BY MY RATINGS, I'M NOT SAYING HE CAN'T BE SUCCESSFUL, I RATED WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT.
Report DirkDiggler September 13, 2013 8:17 PM BST
If you're honest on what you saw last night with Smith, he fails the eye test. That's the first time I have watched him play an entire game, and no-one could say he had great tools.
Report Beaniash September 13, 2013 9:12 PM BST
I NEVER COMPARED HIM TO BRADY I WAS SAYING THAT ITS A TAD BIT EARLY TO BE JUDGING THE KID. YOU HAVENT GOT ENOUGH OF A SAMPLE SIZE. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO A BAD GAME OR 2.
Report Hank Hill September 14, 2013 1:22 AM BST
Ted - Pats highest matched was somewhere between 1.55-1.59 from memory.
Report Ted Brogan September 14, 2013 10:59 AM BST
Thanks Hank!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com