Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
11 Sep 13 18:19
| Topic/replies: 22,897 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Interesting matchup this one.

I think it will be a lot closer than the books suggest.

Having seen both teams play, it is going to be a case of if Jets can minimise mistakes and move the ball in the air. Geno Smith gives them that option imo over Sanchez.

The Jets D looked very good on Sunday and Brady is a superstar but he is going to be without Gronk, Sudfield and Amendola!!  Edelman seems to be the only WR I have heard of.  And Vereen is on injured reserve

I have therefore gone big on Jets +13 (line has moved to +11) and I think Pats should be still favs based on their home record but they don't deserve to be nearly a 2 TD favourite.

Probably get beat by 20+ points after this thread Plain

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 62
By:
sideshowbob
When: 11 Sep 13 20:05
the handicap is fairly ridiculous. the pats are very ordinary. the d is pish. the o is pish. basically its tom brady v the world. i didnt know adem. amend. thingyface was out? really struggling if he is. obviously, brady is still good enough to give them a chance against most teams. but its unlikely theyll win many games this season by huge margins. bound to have their fair share of mistakes. that said, the jets could gift em 20 points just by being the jets. if i was betting, i'd have to have the jets on the handicap. but not with a great deal of enthusiasm.
By:
sideshowbob
When: 11 Sep 13 20:07
have the pats not got any receivers lined up? stunned if they dont sign someone else. theyre not just short of receivers, theyre woefully short.
By:
sideshowbob
When: 12 Sep 13 03:22
where is the anytime td scorer market? cant see one. edelman must be a near cert to score, brady has nobody else left to chuck it too! i can see loads of utterly pointless 1st quarter, 2nd quarter etc betting though. who bets on an individual quarter?? daftest bets imaginable.
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Sep 13 17:15
Edelman 4/5 to score a Td anytime
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 12 Sep 13 17:49
Edelman to score looks a good bet.

17/2 elsewhere he gets first TD is another good shout.
By:
sideshowbob
When: 12 Sep 13 18:05
i may have a few quid on edelman. not sure. not exactly user friendly bets though. its like betting on a spreadsheet. you dont want anybody to win, you dont want points. you just want some bloke to catch a ball in the endzone at some point.
By:
db1974
When: 12 Sep 13 18:32
I like the Jets on the Hcp too. It falls into my "always back the underdog in divisional match-ups where there is a double-digit spread" system (which I know you all love!)

Gonna keep a record of these bets this year in a separate thread

I like Geno for 1st & Anytime TD tonight - 33/1 is a very good price
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 12 Sep 13 18:58
I went for the longer handicap at 15.5 points albeit at a shorter price. Extra points could be crucial.
By:
ClayDavis
When: 12 Sep 13 19:03
see my thread
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 12 Sep 13 21:33
i may have a few quid on edelman. not sure. not exactly user friendly bets though. its like betting on a spreadsheet. you dont want anybody to win, you dont want points. you just want some bloke to catch a ball in the endzone at some point.

>>>Betting isn't entertainment.
By:
Beaniash
When: 12 Sep 13 21:45
LOL YOU'VE GONE BIG ON JETS +13 THEN YOU HEDGE YOUR BET SAYING THEY'LL LOSE BY 20. CANT BE THAT CONFIDENT IN YOUR PICK THEN D13Wink
By:
incaseof
When: 12 Sep 13 22:27
Got to be the worst receiving corps I've seen Pats has to play with tonight...I guess it's up to Thompkins to show up Plain
By:
sideshowbob
When: 12 Sep 13 22:27
i never said it was?
By:
sideshowbob
When: 12 Sep 13 22:38
i make more than enough money elsewhere, i dont need to bet on things i dont usually bet on. no matter how likely he his to score, i dont normally bet on stuff like that. so if i do, it wont be a serious bet. maybe just a 100 quid pocket money bet or summat. so by betting on it, it would be entertainment to a degree. thats why i dont know whether i will bother or not. christ you cant say anything on here without getting jumped on.
By:
Beaniash
When: 12 Sep 13 23:20
MY HONEST OPINION IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF YOU'RE DOWN TO YOUR LAST FEW QUID. BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND TO FIND BETTER VALUE.

BETTING ON A DOUBLE DIGIT FAV WHO'S SO THIN UP FRONT IS DOWN RIGHT ASININE NOT TO MENTION THEY ONLY MANAGED 23 AGAINST THE BILLS. THE JETS ARE WOFEUL BUT ATLEAST DEFENSIVELY THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN BUT CANT TRUST THEM TO COVER 12.5. SO ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS YOU DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PATRIOTS SIDE AND EVEN WHEN THEY WHERE DD FAVS LAST YEAR THEY BARELY COVERED SO I WOULDNT TRUST THEM NOW. ON THE FLIPSIDE THEY HAVE TOM BRADY WHO CAN MAKE EVEN ME LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE RECEIVER SO YOU JUST DON'T KNOW. IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY HAD TO COS SOME GUY HAS KIDNAPPED YOUR FAMILY I'D TAKE THE UNDER

... BUT HONESTLY GUYS JUST SAVE YOUR MONEY WEEKEND IS ROUND THE CORNER.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 13 Sep 13 00:11
Jets @ 5/1 is the value call here. Morale is clearly low in Boston. Edelman wil be double teamed all night and Brady can't do it on his own while Smith hit the ground running last week and will be full of confidence. Jets D will keep them in the game and there's no Sanchez to make a dogs bollix so with New England in disarray the Jets are worth a shot at 5s
By:
Hank Hill
When: 13 Sep 13 00:28
How much would the ransom be Bean? Laugh
By:
Hank Hill
When: 13 Sep 13 00:35
TD Pats already
By:
aaronh
When: 13 Sep 13 00:41

Sep 12, 2013 -- 6:20PM, Beaniash wrote:

MY HONEST OPINION IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF YOU'RE DOWN TO YOUR LAST FEW QUID. BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND TO FIND BETTER VALUE. BETTING ON A DOUBLE DIGIT FAV WHO'S SO THIN UP FRONT IS DOWN RIGHT ASININE NOT TO MENTION THEY ONLY MANAGED 23 AGAINST THE BILLS. THE JETS ARE WOFEUL BUT ATLEAST DEFENSIVELY THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN BUT CANT TRUST THEM TO COVER 12.5. SO ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS YOU DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PATRIOTS SIDE AND EVEN WHEN THEY WHERE DD FAVS LAST YEAR THEY BARELY COVERED SO I WOULDNT TRUST THEM NOW. ON THE FLIPSIDE THEY HAVE TOM BRADY WHO CAN MAKE EVEN ME LOOK LIKE A FRANCHISE RECEIVER SO YOU JUST DON'T KNOW. IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY HAD TO COS SOME GUY HAS KIDNAPPED YOUR FAMILY I'D TAKE THE UNDER.  ... BUT HONESTLY GUYS JUST SAVE YOUR MONEY WEEKEND IS ROUND THE CORNER.

Laugh

By:
deeppockets
When: 13 Sep 13 00:43
Looks like Sanchez is still the best Jets quarterback...why doesn't Betfair open a 'Name the quarter the Jets complete a pass' market.
By:
deeppockets
When: 13 Sep 13 00:48
That's what a Jets completed pass looks likeLaughLaugh
By:
punkha1
When: 13 Sep 13 01:17
I hate listening to Mike Mayock why does he get these gigs?nasally boring ****.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 13 Sep 13 01:30
Awful hometown calls tonight from the officials. Sickening
By:
punkha1
When: 13 Sep 13 01:39
After a bright start turning into a **** game gonna give it till ht.
By:
punkha1
When: 13 Sep 13 01:42
Pats -12 now would rather back it now than at the start,jets don't look like they'll score much and Brady will find a groove sooner or later.
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 13 Sep 13 01:48
ANyone else think Geno Smith drops back too far
By:
curious-cat
When: 13 Sep 13 02:09
TD ??
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 13 Sep 13 02:15
FT totals with this score since 2004.

By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 13 Sep 13 02:16
FT differences with this score since 2004.

By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 02:22
Overs backers SUICIDAL Pats should have minimum 30 points 2 drops/fumble in end zone and two blown catches when away and gone oh and a missed field goal. Sometimes just not your night. :(
By:
Knight Rider
When: 13 Sep 13 02:25
Someone laid some big chunks of NE there.  I don't see how they can be 1.15 with a 10pt lead.  NYJ will do well to get 10 more even if NE don't score another point.
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 02:28
Jets suck they won't score a touchdown finish 31-6 for me.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 13 Sep 13 02:33
Geno will explode in 2nd half
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 02:34
Tampa must be shocking to lose to this ****. QB couldn't throw a beach ball
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 02:36

Sep 12, 2013 -- 9:33PM, Mr Mischief wrote:

Geno will explode in 2nd half

Yip he might get a touchdown if he is v lucky. Not for me young or not

By:
Mr Mischief
When: 13 Sep 13 03:15
fook, Geno mixing the bad with the good in the 2nd so far
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 13 Sep 13 03:31
Jets get the ball down 3 with 6mins on the clock. Lets roll now GenoExcited
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 03:37
Lol good? Just blow the whistle already this game is hurting my eyes dreadful stuff from both teams. Never seen the Pats punt it away as many times in my life Giselle going to get it hard tonight by Brady he's gonna kill one of his alleged receivers. Muck
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Sep 13 03:38
Bring back Tebow!!
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo