Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 75 comments are related to the topic:
New Keeper League - NFL

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 75
By:
Lance in France
When: 03 Aug 13 18:14
How do you feel about that Zach?  5 of us have registered and paid. When we are all in we will get everyones view.
By:
Zach_Thomas54
When: 03 Aug 13 21:33
I'll go with the majority, but if someone after 1 season ends up with 3 beasts as there keepers, then some of the teams might drop out as they think they got no chance to win the following season. Then you have the hassle of replacing that person and as soon as they see his/hers poor team, they will not take the team.

At least with 2 keepers everyone has much more of a better chance.

I must say though I have never drafted from the beginning of a keeper league, so I am not sure how it works from the start.
By:
Lance in France
When: 04 Aug 13 09:35
By definition it should be for keeps (thats the owners, not the players). If the other forum league has a model that works we should copy it. We need to keep all owners happy and interested year after year.

I propose mirroring the other group entirely following Zach's input. 2 keepers with no player from the first 2 rounds drafted allowed to be a keeper.

With regards to replacing players during the season on a weekly basis on aquisitions and waivers, I have set a $100 per team budget for the season.

Any objections from the other 4 of you registered already and the 5 yet to do so?
By:
Kingmambo
When: 04 Aug 13 12:28
If it works for the other league then happy to follow that model.
By:
Zach_Thomas54
When: 04 Aug 13 23:22
Whats the $100 limit on waivers?

The other league doesn't work like that as it uses the system whoever drafted last gets 1st waiver pick, whoever drafted last but 1 gets 2nd pick etc. When you finally decide to use your waiver pick, you go to the back of the queue again so it becomes a tactic on taking the best available player that week vs finding an absolute gem in the middle weeks.
By:
d13phe
When: 05 Aug 13 08:59
no objections from me.

can always change it next year if needed.
By:
Lance in France
When: 05 Aug 13 09:00
It's like a silent auction. Whoever secretly bids the highest amount for a player gets him, but you only have your $100 limit to use for the season. Minimum bid is $1.  Again your input sounds perfectly acceptable. The others opinions please.
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 05 Aug 13 23:08
Paid.
Any chance of a late night draft (10pm ish)  - we should all be used to late nights as NFL fans.  Or perhaps Sunday 1st, so it doesn't overlap with existing games.
By:
Lance in France
When: 06 Aug 13 09:15
Cheers Howie, invite sent. Only four to accept now. We will sort the date and time when all 10 of us are in. What are your thoughts on the keeper settings Howie?
By:
runandskip
When: 06 Aug 13 14:45
money sent :)
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 06 Aug 13 23:21
Happy either way, But if I had to vote I'd go with the $100 budget option, that way everyone has a chance each week to get the 'hot' player on their roster.
By:
ahvanbasten
When: 07 Aug 13 14:50
Money sent, thanks for organising.

I am happy with the 2 keeper and $100 budget options.

Just to complicate matters and annoy everyone can I suggest an auction draft as well Devil
By:
Lance in France
When: 07 Aug 13 15:08
Thanks ahvanbasten, invite sent. That's 9 of us paid and set up. B J Ketchum is the other member and as he asked for a draft date after 29th August it is safe to assume he is away till then. I think it's only fair to give him he opportunity to join then before we offer it to anyone else.

So assuming he does join, we need to agree on a draft date and time. To start the ball rolling, how about Monday 2nd Sept at 9pm?

Also it's time vote on the 2 or 3 keepers and the method of waivers, along with ahvanbasten's auction suggestion. Look forward to hearing from you all........
By:
ahvanbasten
When: 07 Aug 13 15:20
Monday 2nd is good for me Excited
By:
ahvanbasten
When: 07 Aug 13 15:22
.... any time after 7pm
By:
db1974
When: 07 Aug 13 20:47
Monday 2nd is fine with me
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 08 Aug 13 04:13
Monday 2nd spot already taken with current Keepers league.
By:
Lance in France
When: 08 Aug 13 08:03
Thanks Howie, lets move forward to Tuesday 3rd at 9pm. Is that ok for everyone?
By:
d13phe
When: 08 Aug 13 08:33
I cannot do the 3rd at 9pm.

Do we have any people doing the current keepers league doing our league?
By:
d13phe
When: 08 Aug 13 08:39
we could do Sunday the 1st Sept at 9pm?

Orioles's draft is 7.30pm so we could go back to back?

and to be honest doing two drafts at once isn't the most impossible thing to do?

just an idea?
By:
Lance in France
When: 08 Aug 13 08:45
Not a bad one at that. Make it 9.30pm though to give us a bit of leeway.

New suggested date and time - Sunday 1st Sept at 9.30
By:
db1974
When: 08 Aug 13 10:35
Yeah 9:30 on the 1st Sep is fine with me
By:
B J Ketchum
When: 08 Aug 13 13:07
Apologies for my tardyness guys been away with work.  Is there still a place for me?  If there is then a draft date of 1 sep suits me well.  Let me know and ill send the money over to the address in the earlier posts

stew
By:
Lance in France
When: 08 Aug 13 13:13
Yes there is BJ, we kept it open for you. Thought you were away till later in the month. Send the money to my paypal and I'll send you the invite. We are now a complete 10.

BJ you need to vote on how many keepers in our league and on how to do waivers. See other threads for details. Cheers Lance
By:
ahvanbasten
When: 08 Aug 13 16:33
Sept 1st is ok with me too
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 08 Aug 13 17:15
Perfect 9:30pm Sunday 1st. 

Next question - How are you deciding the draft order?
By:
Lance in France
When: 08 Aug 13 18:06
I was rather hoping that I had an option for ESPN to select it at random. I thought I saw that it got set an hour before draft time, but as always I may be wrong. Can anyone shed extra light on it?
By:
Kingmambo
When: 08 Aug 13 19:12
Draw time fine for me.

Yeah should be able to set draw order to random.
By:
Kingmambo
When: 08 Aug 13 19:14
Draw?  Draft.  Watching too much golf. Happy
By:
Violencia Fantastico Retardo
When: 08 Aug 13 19:35
Hi guys, I assume that the espn draft will randomly sort the pick order(assuming that we use a snake draft....here's their definition -
snake - Your league will participate in a live online draft with ESPN's live draft software. Based on a predetermined draft order, each team takes a turn selecting a player in a set amount of time. This type of draft is sometimes called a Snake Draft, as the draft order reverses each round
auction - Your league will participate in a live online auction draft using ESPN's auction draft software. In an auction draft, teams begin with a set budget and take turns nominating players to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
as it is only a 10 player league, im pretty sure that even the guy picking no's 10 and 11 will still have an awesome team.
9:30 0n Sunday 1st is perfect for me and 3 keepers in a snake draft is my preferred option
By:
B J Ketchum
When: 09 Aug 13 08:27
Money sent via Paypal, says its an echeque and will take 5 days? But ive sent it anyway, let me know if any issues.  Ill have a look at the keeper rules etc and give you my vote
By:
Lance in France
When: 09 Aug 13 09:13
Cheers BJ. Yeah, I see it in paypal, strange!   Invite sent. We are now the complete 10. Draft looks like being 9.30pm 1st Sept. I'll count the votes on the system we use later today.
By:
d13phe
When: 13 Aug 13 11:35
apparently on ESPN if you don't set the order of the draft it does it at random.
By:
Lance in France
When: 13 Aug 13 12:04
Yeah that's right d13phe. I have set it up to be drawn at random about 1 hour before the draft starts.
By:
Lance in France
When: 11 Dec 13 14:00
Firstly thanks to you all for taking part and extra thanks to d13phe for starting the league in the first place. I hope you all have enjoyed it and will return next year. Things did go pretty smoothly considering our early teething problems and again hope everyone was happy with the structures we eventually decided to proceed with. One of those was to fix the draft order next year manually, based on this years finishing positions. With that in mind the first six places have been confirmed with the other four to be determined based on the playoff results. The draft order for next year so far is...

1) Team Brady
2) South Park Cows
3) Fireman Ed
4) Tora Tora Tora
5) Team Chiefs
6) Attack of the Clowns
7) TBA
8) TBA
9) TBA
10)TBA

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.
By: