Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ClayDavis
31 Dec 12 03:32
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: ClayDavis's blog
The Seahawks outside of Seattle? You are having a laugh!!!
RG III is pure class and he and Morris will shred the most overrated team in the NFL apart.
Lump on the Skins
Pause Switch to Standard View RG III to shootdown these overrated...
Show More
Report Swardean December 31, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
Should be a cracker, cant wait
Report ClayDavis December 31, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
Only one winner
Report DirkDiggler December 31, 2012 12:30 PM GMT
You a niners fan by any chance?

You said all this about the niners Seahawks game and the 9ers got bent over.
Report ClayDavis December 31, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
This game is in Maryland in case u didn't notice. RG III and Morris will torch em
Report DirkDiggler December 31, 2012 12:32 PM GMT
Seattle have a good defense, and a QB who isn't hobbled, they also have the run game with beast mode and Wilson. I don't see this as a good matchup for the Skins at first glance. Seattle are a more complete team.
Report DirkDiggler December 31, 2012 12:34 PM GMT
Yeah I've noticed that thanks. Are you a 49ers fan?

Seattle have won on the road by the way.
Report ClayDavis December 31, 2012 12:38 PM GMT
The Seahawks have lost in Arizona, Detroit and Miami this season. RG III licking his lips as we speak
Report DirkDiggler December 31, 2012 12:51 PM GMT
They have, but they were not the team they are now. Why are you dodging the question about you being a 9ers fan?

RGIII ought be resting that knee up, because he's about 50% when he's running on it.
Report TheVis December 31, 2012 7:39 PM GMT
RGIII just doesn't look fit at all and that has to be a major concern for Skins backers.
Report d13phe December 31, 2012 7:41 PM GMT
seahawks are going to run all over the redskins.

even half a cowboys D and tony romo who threw three picks stayed with the Redskins for 4 quarters

i think it could get messy
Report ClayDavis December 31, 2012 8:00 PM GMT
RG III and Alfred Morris are special and will tear this overrated team to shreds
Report lustrumm December 31, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
Rarely have I seen a matchup that will play into Seattles hands as much as this Washington set up. Personally I was shocked to see Seattle favourites and I was winding up for my maximum on them at +1 or 2. None the less I am a backer at the -2. Anyone that thinks the Seahawks are jsut hot air this year has not been watchning enough football. In fact the matchup the following week in Atlanta is even better for them. Have a bit of the 14/1 as well to win it all
Report The Priest December 31, 2012 9:00 PM GMT
Personally think this is the best match of the week , do not underestimate the Seahawks , could Washington do to the 49's what Seattle did to them a couple of weeks ago?
Report ClayDavis December 31, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
Never read so much rubbish in all my life. You guys clearly don't watch matches
Report spellingandgrammarchecker December 31, 2012 11:53 PM GMT
test
Report I win every time! January 1, 2013 12:08 PM GMT
FWIW I also favour the Redskins in this one. The flight across country and the motivation that comes with being a home playoff under-dog is enough for me.
Report DirkDiggler January 1, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
Never read so much rubbish in all my life. You guys clearly don't watch matches

>>>LOL, go back and read your own Sea vs 49ers thread...

Muppet.
Report incaseof January 1, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
Redskins O is underrated, a unite very capable to score points and I believe they will put up good numbers against seahawks D...and i have some doubt over Seattle's O...price seems to be right simply because Seattle is a more complete team but Redskins can score points!
Report ClayDavis January 2, 2013 12:52 PM GMT
Absolutely spot on
Report d13phe January 2, 2013 2:55 PM GMT
i suggest you look at the stats.

the redskins can score points but on average only 1.4 points more on offense than the Seahawks.

the seahawks however only gave up an average of 15 points per game in comparison to redskins 24.2

I would also like the stress that the Seahawks strength of schedule has been a lot stronger.
Report lustrumm January 2, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
The single biggest factor here is the rate of improvement. The Seahawks are not the same team since they went to Miami and got caught on the hop. This game is actually really simple. RG111 will have some success with the Seahawks but he will have to work hard for it. Wilson will be able to stand behind his offensive line all day long and pick apart the Redskins Secondary. It really is that simple. The Sehawks over match them in every facet you look at.
The only thing going for the Redskins is their coach and home advantage. I wouldn't understimate that but it is not enough for me to desert Seattle now. How lucky the rest of them were that San Fran beat New England a few weeks ago or they would all be going to Seattle until the NFC final in San Francisco
Report ClayDavis January 2, 2013 7:25 PM GMT
RGIII is miles better than Wilson. Wilson will crumble under pressure. RG III will get better and better and better. RG III and Morris will smoke this overrated D
Report The Priest January 2, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
Is Griffin 100% fit?

If he isn't then Seattle win all day long
Report ClayDavis January 2, 2013 10:20 PM GMT
He said to NBC after the game on Sunday night that his knee felt a lot better against Dallas than it did against Philly.
That is why the Skins were conservative with their play calls against Dallas. They knew Morris would pound them into the ground and it gave RG III more of an easy ride/
They will open up the play book big time this weekend and the Hawks will get burned
Report all along January 2, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
i think wilson more consistent and safer than rg who is overratd
Report DirkDiggler January 4, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
RGIII is miles better than Wilson. Wilson will crumble under pressure. RG III will get better and better and better. RG III and Morris will smoke this overrated D
Rate reply:

>>>You sound like a 12 year old. Or Millionaire Morse. I don't know which is worse.
Report TheVis January 4, 2013 2:48 PM GMT
Griffin was not fit by any means last week and won't be fit this week either.  He may have improved for a bit of a rest but is bound to take other hits during the game.
Report d13phe January 4, 2013 2:59 PM GMT
he was fitter than the D who was against him

deMarcus Ware was practically a statue he was so banged up
Report d13phe January 4, 2013 2:59 PM GMT
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704134/demarcus-ware-needs...
Report lustrumm January 6, 2013 12:00 PM GMT
Again some badly informed comment here "RG3 is miles better tha Wilson" Only someone not watching enough Football could say that. If this game (it won't) comes down to a shoot out between the QBs there is only 1 winner.

The key to this game is that RG3 even if fit is not going to be able to gallop around the field like he has been doing. If he takes off the Seattle D will hurt him properly, they are just too quick to be scrambled on like he has been getting away with. Therefore he will have to stand in the pocket and throw and as soon as that happens the mistakes will come.
That is the game imo.

I said it last week and re-iterate it now, Seattle could not have hand picked a better opponent for an away play off game
Report BrassicLint January 6, 2013 12:14 PM GMT
rgIII looked unfit against the cowboys and romo had plenty of chances to win it so i can't see seattle throwing this away.head down all in seahawks
Report DirkDiggler January 6, 2013 2:48 PM GMT
Again some badly informed comment here "RG3 is miles better tha Wilson" Only someone not watching enough Football could say that. If this game (it won't) comes down to a shoot out between the QBs there is only 1 winner.

The key to this game is that RG3 even if fit is not going to be able to gallop around the field like he has been doing. If he takes off the Seattle D will hurt him properly, they are just too quick to be scrambled on like he has been getting away with. Therefore he will have to stand in the pocket and throw and as soon as that happens the mistakes will come.
That is the game imo.

I said it last week and re-iterate it now, Seattle could not have hand picked a better opponent for an away play off game

>>>>I completely agree with this.
Report DirkDiggler January 6, 2013 2:49 PM GMT
Remember Clay Davis the guy who said the awesome niners defense would smoke overrated Seattle.
Report red and white January 6, 2013 4:58 PM GMT
Wilson will be sacked more times than Mark Hughes and RG3 will silence the doubters once again. It's not just about the players though is it. Shanahan and RG3 work brilliantly together. It's hard to see where the ball's going in slow motion so no wonder defense safeties are being made to look stupid. Go skins!
Report BARROWBOY January 6, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
was toying with having a decent bet on tonights game,cheers clay,max bet on the Hawks.
Report werthecardinals January 6, 2013 5:14 PM GMT
So if the hawks are so good. How do we explain their overall body of work on the road. Their performances away from the 12 th man look less than stellar! Or am I missing something?
Report northanlite January 6, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
who is it who is "overrating" the Seahawks anyway?
Report werthecardinals January 6, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
Everyone on here is talking hawks being max bet material! I'm not sure they should even be favs myself!
Report dlarssonf January 6, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
Everyone?
Report werthecardinals January 6, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
Ok majority! Love discussion where people nitpick!
Report northanlite January 6, 2013 6:11 PM GMT
werthecardinals 06 Jan 13 17:25 Joined: 24 Jan 05 | Topic/replies: 72 | Blogger: werthecardinals's blog
Everyone on here is talking hawks being max bet material! I'm not sure they should even be favs myself!

then you should be delighted that they are.
fair point about the overall record on the road but the Seahawks closed out the season in pretty damn impressive fashion with 2 wins out of town & they really should have beaten Miami too.
Report ClayDavis January 6, 2013 6:51 PM GMT
RG III is miles better than Wilson FACT
Report lustrumm January 6, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
I follow the SeaHawks, watch all their games online, read all the reports on them etc.. and my view FWIW is that while they lost the week after their bye week it was the making of them. The bye week gave them time to draw breath and realise they could compete with the best and after the Miami loss they have been improving every week. Furthermore they got a great last game as well against the Rams. Wilson is improving every single game, he is a highly intelligent man that is a rookie in name only
Report werthecardinals January 6, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
If this game had been played in Seattle what do people think the line would be roughly?
Report d13phe January 6, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
Report ClayDavis January 6, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
This will be easy money. Skins should be favs. Just keep lumping on folks. Hawks most overrated team in NFL history. And this game is in Maryland LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh maybe the mug Hawk backers didn't realise
Report werthecardinals January 6, 2013 8:07 PM GMT
They're a good team there's no doubt but what I can't quantify is how pivotal their home crowd is to their success?! I'm thinking they're slightly overrated here. I also have a feeling the skins crowd will be trying to do a role reversal and make it a nightmare for Wilson! Don't forget this game is on turf also. Might not appear much but defo an advantage to the home team if the opposition come from astro IMO.
Report sc1883 January 6, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
good point about the turf from werthecardinals, last week Cowboys really struggled on this surface and couldnt get anything going on offence with blockers & receivers slipping etc. really cant split these two teams but thought the Skins would be slight favs with the bookies rather than the Hawks
Report northanlite January 6, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
whatever happens next it's been a helluva game to watch so farHappy
Report lustrumm January 7, 2013 12:24 AM GMT
No contest in the end as I guess most of us did not realise how bad the injury RG111 was carrying. FWIW I felt Shanahan should have pulled him as soon as it was obvious to Seattle he could not run as that made it easy for them on defence. I wonder if there will be repercussions for Shanahan risking his prize asset especially further to the USA Today exclusive that he rushed him back any given Sunday style. An awful risk to take with a young man that will be their franchise quarterback.
Anyone remember the same injury that Carlson Palmer got in a Bengals playoff game in 2005. He was never the same again after it
Report Beaniash January 7, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
Laugh
Report Swagger January 7, 2013 12:28 AM GMT
I didn't bet on the match as we didn't know about the status of RG3. Yes until RG3's knee got completely blown out late on in the first quarter there was only one team in it. Pretty disgraceful that RG3 was left out so long I agree as he was all but in a wheelchair for the best part of three quarters. Hopefully Atalanta will be a good price next week, regulation home win is on the cards and the bonus is Seattle will be underpriced based on what turned into a joke match tonight
Report ClayDavis January 7, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
This is on Shanahan - he is a disgrace. The result may or may not have been the same with Cousins after the 1st quarter but keeping RG III on is the worst decision in NFL history. I only hope and pray RG III doesn't suffer any lasting damage
Report werthecardinals January 7, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
Well done Seattle backers proper football team this one. Shannahan hold ur head in shame playing rg3 last 3 qtrs!
Report BARROWBOY January 7, 2013 12:41 AM GMT
Cheers clay can you post next weeks easy money certs asapCool
Report northanlite January 7, 2013 12:43 AM GMT
i would hope you factored in RG3's injury problems pre match but to be fair i don't think you could factor in the decision to keep the guy on the pitch in that shape.

doesn't say much for how highly they rate cousins
Report DirkDiggler January 7, 2013 12:44 AM GMT
Nice one Clay after your massive tip for SF to SMASH 'overrated' Seattle, I never looked anywhere else for a bet today...

PS - You must be the only clown that didn't know RG3 could not run, and I told you at that!!!

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ClayDavis January 7, 2013 12:45 AM GMT
but being 14-0 takes the pressure off Cousins. They could have just sent him in there and game managed. That is what bugs me. RG III gave them a great platform. Cousins would have had very little pressure going in with that lead
Report DirkDiggler January 7, 2013 12:47 AM GMT
"RGIII ought be resting that knee up, because he's about 50% when he's running on it."

>>>Clay, 9AM tommorow, I want you stood outside Specsavers.
Report red and white January 7, 2013 8:41 AM GMT
The last two games showed he was OK to start. It was a bonehead decision to keep him on the pitch after his knee went in the first quarter though. If it was a horse there'd be hell to pay. You have to question his lack of care for his body. Hope he hasn't done his ACL.
Report TexassportsagentBuzz January 7, 2013 9:37 AM GMT
Who knows the damage that could've or maybe has been done but I would blame Shanahan quicker than Griffin. Te coach should know better than the rookie
Report red and white January 7, 2013 11:57 AM GMT
I was referring to Shanahan's bonehead decision so on balance I agree. BUT, it's up to RG3 what he does on the pitch and his body ain't going to stand up to what he's asking of it.
Report northanlite January 7, 2013 12:09 PM GMT
The Washington Redskins' treatment of franchise quarterback Robert Griffin III will be the subject of debate for the offseason and likely for the rest of his career — especially if the heralded rookie suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament Sunday; he was already playing hobbled because of a sprained knee.

Griffin was knocked out of a 24-14 wild-card loss to the Seattle Seahawks one day after James Andrews, a team orthopedist, told USA TODAY Sports he was "scared to death" over Griffin playing with an injured knee and a brace.

And Sunday, for the second time, Andrews insisted he never cleared Griffin to return to a game in which Griffin initially injured his knee, even though coach Mike Shanahan again tried to lay the responsibility on him

This saga is just getting started.
Report DirkDiggler January 7, 2013 12:15 PM GMT
The look on Andrews face said it all last night. This guy is the top bod, he treats all the top baseball players too. These guys don't fool around with careers, they save them. His reputation would mean everything to him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com