Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ClayDavis
01 Dec 12 15:27
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: ClayDavis's blog
Chiefs Player reckoned to have shot his girlfriend dead and then committed suicide. They haven't named the player yet
Pause Switch to Standard View Shocking news from Kansas
Show More
Report buzzer December 1, 2012 4:29 PM GMT
CBS Sports are reporting it's linebacker Jovan Belcher!
Report HARRY22 December 1, 2012 4:35 PM GMT
jovan belcher name popping up
Report d13phe December 1, 2012 5:01 PM GMT
you missed that he did it in front of the whole team apparently  Plain
Report Sudoku_Junior December 1, 2012 5:06 PM GMT
Terribly sad news.
Report Swardean December 1, 2012 6:14 PM GMT
Terrible news put all the betting on here into perspective
Report Glossy December 1, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
Awful.
Report Glossy December 1, 2012 6:21 PM GMT
Not sure it was in front of the team but was definitely in front of Romeo Crennel - what a horrible thing to witness.
Report Lee Ho Fooks December 1, 2012 6:25 PM GMT
Wikipedia quick off the mark
Jovan Allen Belcher (July 24, 1987 – December 1, 2012) was an American football linebacker with the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League.
On the morning of December 1, 2012, Kansas City police said a Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend before driving to the team's practice facility next to Arrowhead Stadium, where he fatally shot himself in front of head coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli. A person with knowledge of the situation told USA Today that the player was Belcher.
Report d13phe December 1, 2012 6:29 PM GMT
still planning on playing the game Shocked
Report Sudoku_Junior December 1, 2012 7:00 PM GMT
Cant believe their planning on playing this.
Report Oh no!! not another Villa fan December 1, 2012 7:09 PM GMT
Said on sky, that there is no way they will play.
Report Sudoku_Junior December 1, 2012 8:06 PM GMT
Not the consensus across the pond. Everything ive read suggests they will play tomorrow. Dont think they should at all imo.
Report grayhawk December 1, 2012 8:44 PM GMT
Is it not much harder to re-schedule a game in the NFL though...it's not as if they can play a Sunday game and then on a Tuesday.
Report d13phe December 1, 2012 9:08 PM GMT
confirmed as on
Report glory hornet December 1, 2012 9:10 PM GMT
According to a statement from the Kansas City Chiefs, "after discussions between the league office, coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains" the Chiefs will play Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers
Report johnwark December 1, 2012 10:34 PM GMT
they should burn his jersey in the middle of the pitch, murdering ****
Report Tucho December 1, 2012 11:04 PM GMT
how the **** is romeo crennel expected to compose himself and think clearly coaching a game 24 hours after watching one of his players kill himself?
Report Pounf December 1, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
One report said he thanked the coaches for all they`d done for him, and proceeded to shoot himself
Report Darlo Bantam December 2, 2012 3:00 AM GMT
I half expected the full fixture list to be postponed. Cannot believe the Chiefs match is on.
Report HARRY22 December 2, 2012 12:45 PM GMT
^Don't be silly...other franchises fixtures cant be postponed because of some mentalist
Report Sudoku_Junior December 2, 2012 1:05 PM GMT
It was the chiefs who wanted to play, cant see how they would be in any frame of mind myself.

Whats even more sad is the 3 month old child left without no parents.
Report incaseof December 2, 2012 1:21 PM GMT
A guy that worked hard to get to the position he was in, never been into law trouble ( Confused ), sick. He certainly doesn't deserve a nice ceremony but will probably get one now...KC should have gave away this match to Panthers
Report HARRY22 December 2, 2012 1:58 PM GMT
Heard the couple were having a lot of arguments of late...wouldnt surprise me if it came out that the 3 month old girl wasn't his..something down them lines....Some mentally unstable people out there.
Report horse9 December 2, 2012 2:13 PM GMT
Can't begin to comprehend what goes on inside a 25 year olds mind to make him do something like this, and as others have said to make your coach and GM witness your own suicide is insane.
The NFL seems to get its fair share of controversial and premature deaths.
As a Chiefs fan I'm shocked todays game goes ahead, how the game gets approached by both teams is a guess, infact I have a degree of sympathy for the Panthers who have to try and focus on what was always a meaningless game, chances are they could roll over....
Report Sudoku_Junior December 2, 2012 2:26 PM GMT
Harry - Arguments or no arguments i think it runs a little deeper than this, the guy clearly had some sort of mental health issue/instability. We all get annoyed with life and our other halfs etc, but to shoot her multiple times before killing yourself surely cant be just because of something as simple as a falling out. He was a professional football player, earning what i imagine to be a healthy salary, to most people it would seem he had everything he could possibly dream of.

Horse - Completely agree, cant imagine that this game is going to be played with any intensity whatsoever. The coaching staff the players and the fans will all have their minds on this terrible tragedy.
Report horse9 December 2, 2012 3:42 PM GMT
Sudoku - the only glimmer of comfort that can be taken from this is that the game has no bearing on the season.
You'd hate both teams to be 7-4 and fighting for a play off berth, I think had this been the case then the game would have been called off...
Report HARRY22 December 2, 2012 3:48 PM GMT
You have to put the fans first imo...families travel thousands of miles to watch these games...make weekend breaks of it...nobody refunds their money if the game is called off...unfair on them forking cash out for it to be called off because of this nutter.
Report Hayden December 2, 2012 4:20 PM GMT
Pointless in calling it off for me , sure the appropriate respect will be shown before the game start & that's sufficient in my view given the circumstances , as for the suggestion to call off the entire game list that's bordering on the ridiculous.

Good luck tonight all   Happy
Report d13phe December 2, 2012 4:23 PM GMT
they should have called it off imo

imagine being a chiefs player or coach and this happened yesterday

the least they could have done it postpone it
Report horse9 December 2, 2012 5:09 PM GMT
The league just doesn't do it does it ?
I can only remember them agreeing to postoned games for natural disasters.
How thsi game pans out is anyones guess...
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 2, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
Hayden • December 2, 2012 4:20 PM GMT
Pointless in calling it off for me , sure the appropriate respect will be shown before the game

none imo
Report Hayden December 2, 2012 5:27 PM GMT
That's what i meant by appropriate respect Nilsson tbh , " murderer commits suicide " would  be reacted to differently depending on the individual in any country & any walk of life , for every person wanting the game called off there would be another outraged by the suggestion , given the circumstances.

Bottom line is there's no correct answer to suit the feelings of everyone.
Report Sudoku_Junior December 2, 2012 5:34 PM GMT
Despite the actions of Javan Belcher, the effects on the whole of the chiefs organization must be unimaginable, especially the coaching staff who witnessed the incident.

To me it is for this reason that a postponement of the game is necessary, how are the chiefs management, coaching staff and players, supposed to prepare for a game when this incident happened at their practice facility.

If this happened at a premier league football club lets say, friday night you really think that game would go ahead? I certainly dont.
Report Hayden December 2, 2012 5:42 PM GMT
Fair comments SJ but i'm assuming from part of the official statement.....

"After discussions between the league office, head coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play Sunday's game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time," a statement read.

....that Kansas have ultimately had the decision for the game to go ahead & surely they're best positioned to make that decision , no idea about the soccer comparison & what they'd do as i don't follow the sport.

Good punting  Happy
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 2, 2012 5:46 PM GMT
would guess they were given the choice, play it tomorrow or play it week 18, may as well lose today than potentially win and lose a few spots in the draft
Report GoldCupWinner December 2, 2012 5:49 PM GMT
Females have the ability to turn seemingly normal men insane, happens all the time.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com