Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
db1974
31 Oct 12 13:40
| Topic/replies: 5,523 | Blogger: db1974's blog
OK here's what I like this weekend

Falcons -4.0 vs Cowboys
A 7-0 team hosting a 3-4 team and the spread is only 4 points! Even in normal circumstances I would bet the Falcons at home against a team like the Cowboys but with Dallas still reeling after last weekend's loss to the Giants, I think the 4 points is very generous. I thought this line would be a TD

Buccaneers +2.0 @ Raiders
Raiders on a bit of a roll with 2 victories in the last 2 weeks. However wins over the Chiefs (1-6) and the Jaguars (1-6) are nothing to sing about. I have the Bucs down as a potential sleeper in the NFC and think they are being underrated by Vegas, just as they were against the Vikings last Thursday where they won by 19pts having started as 5.5pt dogs

Ravens -3.5 @ Browns
Eh ... what! It's the Ravens coming off a Bye against the Browns. I get the whole "divisional match-up, Ravens are beat-up on defence" etc etc but still I think the Rvens will blow the Browns out of it here.

Broncos -3.5 @ Bengals
The Bengals continue to be priced up as the team of last season when their Defence was actually quite good. This year their Defence is not so good and I can't see them stopping Peyton and the Broncos who have put up at least 20 points in all 7 games so far and over 30 pts in 4 of those.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 518
By:
d13phe
When: 31 Oct 12 15:22
I think i disagree with you nearly ever week.

I think I like all the reverse handicaps Laugh
By:
dlarssonf
When: 31 Oct 12 15:24
Yeah defo agree with the Broncos
By:
d13phe
When: 31 Oct 12 15:28
Bengals are starting to get a few of the their big D players back and will be better for the bye

I fancy the Bengals straight up in that one.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 31 Oct 12 16:00
TAMPA are my bet of the week, was kinda hoping for better odds but will take them straight up...
By:
Ming_the_Merciless
When: 31 Oct 12 16:06
Being brutal - QB's birthplaces & families are from the NY region so their minds will be elsewhere.....

Dallas to beat the Falcons (15/8)
Browns to beat Baltimore (5/3)
Steelers to beat Giants (8/5) - not technically true but WR Cruz is in contract talks and comes from there.
Bills to beat the Texans (9/2)

certainly a mug acca with the hcps.
By:
horse9
When: 31 Oct 12 21:21
db - that Falcs/Cowboys line I read an interesting story on, the vegas line opened up 4 but there was an overseas firm went 6 and got filled in Monday morning from all the US players, they moved their line to 4 within a few mins trading apparently.

Houston -10 I like - they've done a good job over covering the spread all year, I'm backing them to chalk this one up too
Bungals +3.5, tough team at home, that D will give Peyton a rough ride.
Colts + 2.5, Titans cost me huge last week, I've been trying to work out whether I underestimated the Colts or overrated the Titans, I think I'll side with the Colts being a shade better than I thought, road trips are tough in the NFL and for Luck to lead his team from behind to force OT then for him to drive 80 yards for a game winning TD shows he has what it takes.
There's a chance that layers will overeact to the Fins demolition of the Jekyll and Hyde Jets
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 31 Oct 12 22:20
Keep an eye on the Chiefs +7.5, and under/over points line at 42.5, chargers could be in a bit of trouble at wide receiver tomorrow night reading their injury report.

Add into this that i think the chiefs surely have to hand the ball to charles an absolute ton in this game, i really like the unders.
By:
HARRY22
When: 31 Oct 12 23:29
Bengals were completely outclassed v pitts and see the same happening v denver..bengals look out of their depth against the big contenders
By:
sc1883
When: 01 Nov 12 11:19
I too am pretty confident of a Cowboys win in this one (must be mad!). Will also have the +4 on the spread just to cover any late f#ck up from Romo/Jones! Atlanta are a good team and will make the play offs but i don't believe they are as good as there 7-0 record suggests. For starters they have only played one team with a winning record this season (Denver) and in there last home game were very lucky to beat a poor Oakland team. That day Carlson Palmer found huge holes in the Falcons secondry, so if Palmer and his average receivers can have success then surely the likes of Romo, Witten, Austin will have a good night. The Falcons have been poor against the run also this year and with the likely return of Murray it means less pressure on Romo. The way the Cowboys came back the other night shows they do have fight and after the dissapointment of that late touchdown that never was will be extra motivated to save there season here. Lets face it lose here and its almost lights out.

Also like the look of the Steelers at the Giants. Giants have got lucky the last 2 weeks and could easily have lost them both. I Expect Big Ben to make a couple of huge plays against this secondry. The Giants luck runs out this week!
By:
HARRY22
When: 01 Nov 12 12:49
Not sure you can look at who has beaten who..who has a winning record etc..teams who have beaten the steelers early are not getting credit as they were not in top form...seattle have beaten the packers and the patriots but they still dont get a mention. Patriots have lost 3 games but each by just a few pts..this looks by far the most wide open season in years
By:
werthecardinals
When: 01 Nov 12 23:48
Agree totally about the bucs if freeman can show just a little more composure they could be a real factor for rest of season.
By:
The Priest
When: 02 Nov 12 16:32
The 7pm games i like

Watch Cincinnati shock Denver , a few of there better D coming back and can see Manning having a torrid day.

Cleveland to cover the h'cap with the Ravens as well , fully expecting a close dour game and the points with the Browns will come in handy.

Tennessee to surprise the Bears , the Titans are not bad , playing tough and are at home , it's about time the Bears started looking like a 9 and 6 team which is how i had them down as at the start of the season.

In the later games can see the Vikings turning Seattle over , yes they are at home but its still the Seahawks for crying out loud.

4 outsiders who may not all win but 4 teams who i think have a very good shout of going very close.
By:
Ming_the_Merciless
When: 02 Nov 12 16:34
Dallas to beat the Falcons
Browns to beat Baltimore
Steelers to beat Giants 
Bills to beat the Texans

moneyline singles!

& 2 x mug accas - moneyline (85/1) and with hcp.

....it's obvious to me now, I don't like money.
By:
HARRY22
When: 03 Nov 12 18:57
Sproles out...eagles time to shine..go vick Cool
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 10:59
glad i traded Sproles for Fred Jackson now
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 04 Nov 12 15:50
Best odds surely the Chicago Bears @ 1.51, 6-1 record, great defence, and their only defeat against Green Bay. Tennessee have done very little to suggest they can overcome the Bears and they are standout odds.

Green Bay Packers should of course win at home to the usually unpredictable Arizona, but this season they have become very predictable - at losing. 1.21 is skimpy odds, but probably worth a bet.

Cleveland are unlikely to outsmart Baltimore, but at home they can usually pull of a couple of wins each year, so a little risk in that bet.

Indianapolis Colts are worth a shout against probably an equally matched team in the Dolphins, at 2.1s, considering theyre a tough nut to crack at home.

Jacksonville have probably been the worst team in the NFL this year performance wise and the Jaguars are correctly a big price even at home to Detroit Lions.

Of the underdogs, I think Carolina have a reasonable chance at Washington, Pittsburgh, on their day could shock NY Giants.
By:
sideshowbob
When: 04 Nov 12 16:19
i hate this week. normally id have 500 notes on the packers to win an easy ton, but the injuries really put me off that. they struggled quite a bit last week at home to the toothless jagwahz. an no matter how poor arizona look recently, they did win away at the patriots earlier in the season.

may stick 300 on baltimore and pray they turn up.
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 16:29
reckon finley will have a big week this week

maybe looking at buying his yards
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 16:32
Also the vikings look massive against the Seahawks
By:
sideshowbob
When: 04 Nov 12 16:32
surprised miami ave favs at indy. horrible game to bet on, but id make indy favs myself
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 16:36
interesting game that one.

The Miami D has been pretty good this season and they have a few weapons.

not one to touch for me but i would agree the Colts at home have been good this season
By:
sideshowbob
When: 04 Nov 12 16:42
still dunno what to do. baltimore are giving me the beebeejeebies. hate backing them away to anybody. but green bay are bound to struggle i think. probably win, but wouldnt be surprised if theyre behind at half time.
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 16:49
Nelson is active btw
By:
sideshowbob
When: 04 Nov 12 16:51
he is? no i didnt know that. certainly should help. doesnt help me make a decision though!
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 04 Nov 12 16:57
Be careful of Minnesota, they have had very easy opponents so far.
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 16:57
think i will watch Broncos/Bengals
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 04 Nov 12 17:00
good for you. I will not.
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:02
you dont have to worry about who the vikings have played so far..its the fact they are the 4th best team in the nfc north playing at one of the toughest stadiums in the nfl against a very good team
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 04 Nov 12 17:04
I am watching Tennessee Chicago.. that is where my bet is :)
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:04
good choice of match d13..probably the most interesting 6pm game
By:
d13phe
When: 04 Nov 12 17:05
wonder if the bears will be tested again today

its about time cutler had a good game though and the titans arent great
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:05
although denver will win...wonder how many touches hillman will get today
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:06
red button still not on
By:
Kingmambo
When: 04 Nov 12 17:06
Redzone slow coming on?
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 04 Nov 12 17:07
Turnover already lol
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:07
cutler needs to have a good game..stuck with him instead of fitzpatrick..you can get plenty of yards v the titans but they have beaten the lions and steelers at home
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:08
what is so funny about that? when charles tillman is about you always get a turnover
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:09
Bears need turnovers or they wont win games..the offence is absolutely ****
By:
HARRY22
When: 04 Nov 12 17:10
denver going to rip the bengals apart..leagues MVP on song already
Page 1 of 13  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page