Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
orioles
07 Mar 12 00:31
| Topic/replies: 9,506 | Blogger: orioles's blog
I know it was headed that way, but it's still strange to actually see it in writing.

He'll light it up with the superb Redskins receiving corps next season ExcitedLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Colts cut Manning
Show More
Report Nilsson Schmilsson March 7, 2012 1:32 AM GMT
he'll head to miami, the party animal that he is Tongue Out
Report MR.CANADA March 7, 2012 7:55 AM GMT
MIAMI MIAMI ONLY IN MIAMI!!
Report db1974 March 7, 2012 12:03 PM GMT
He should go to Jacksonville

With that D and running game, they could be a force and also he'll be able to stick it to the Colts for cutting him.
Report orioles March 7, 2012 2:35 PM GMT
It's all about the cap.

Shanny, Manning, Vincent Jackson plus my lucky 'Hog Heaven' underpants are going to get it done. I'm smashing in at 100/1 Crazy
Report louie87 March 8, 2012 12:53 PM GMT
Should go to seattle
Report d13phe March 8, 2012 12:56 PM GMT
Seattle have buckets of cap left and a decent young defense

tbh whoever he goes to has a chance to make the playoffs and if they have a good defense they have every chance of going the whole way
Report HARRY22 March 8, 2012 4:02 PM GMT
He aint going to win a superbowl or get close to winning if the teams most mentioned look like picking him up...baltimore or the niners should ditch the QBs and get peyton......Out of the teams in the running i would say he goes with kansas or arizona, both would have a chance of making the playoffs at least.
Report d13phe March 8, 2012 4:24 PM GMT
manning to Larry fitzgerald

that would be interesting

The Ravens would be a great fit imo

imagine that team with half a decent QB, Ray Rice and their D

think the cap will make it difficult though
Report HARRY22 March 8, 2012 4:27 PM GMT
i was tempted at throwing £20 on the ravens at 16/1...if he wants a shot at the superbowl they are the best bet in the afc
Report incaseof March 9, 2012 1:55 PM GMT
Dolphins has a top 8 D, one of the best O-lines, a beast WR, one great slot receiver. They certainly would be a SB contender if Manning playing at a high level.
Report runandskip March 9, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
plus a couple of games a season versus a certain Mr Brady will keep the analysts very happy. Come on P pick the Fins :)
Report db1974 March 10, 2012 7:58 AM GMT
Won't be Skins anyway - they just traded up for 2nd draft pick
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 8:42 AM GMT
Skins traded 3 first round picks for RG3

Makes sense but that's a pretty big gamble for a team with a lot of holes

They will need to do some free agency work
Report grayhawk March 10, 2012 9:13 AM GMT
Three ones and a second this year Shocked god help them if he becomes a bust.

Massive for the Rams.....what a good GM can do with two first rounders in three consecutive years and two seconds this.

What a difference being able to pick number two or three this year....poor Minnesota Laugh
Report grayhawk March 10, 2012 9:17 AM GMT
Any chance Grossman beats him out for the job Laugh
Report grayhawk March 10, 2012 9:19 AM GMT
* sorry only one first rounder this year for the Rams.
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 10:18 AM GMT
they still need bradford to stay fit and live up to the hype

a decent Offensive Line will give him a chance to stay fit though
Report GoBallistic March 10, 2012 11:18 AM GMT
Great deal for the Rams
Report orioles March 10, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
We overpaid Sad

We'd better see some shrewd moves in free agency Plain
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 12:42 PM GMT
i think the move by the skins does at least give them a good chance of picking up some weapons in the free agency

there are loads of potential weapons and they definitely need a WR

Colston/Meachem/Lloyd/Moss?
Report orioles March 10, 2012 12:54 PM GMT
And an O line Laugh
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 1:30 PM GMT
an o line isn't as important with RG3

Targets to throw to are.
Report orioles March 10, 2012 1:50 PM GMT
I couldn't agree less, d13phe.

The Redskins' O line is so porous that it doesn't matter how quick he is, or what option you put in, RG3 will struggle to get the ball downfield. We certainly do need targets, but given that we've bet the farm on RG3, he'll need time (on and off the field) to develop.

"Ninety-nine percent of quarterbacks out there will tell you, you're only as good as the guys up front ... As a quarterback, you're only as good as how they are and how they play. Y.A. Tittle, Sammy Baugh, Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, myself, anyone's that's put on a Redskins uniform is not gonna be very good if your line's struggling."

THE Mark Rypien Cool
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 1:54 PM GMT
I lines are usually made to look good by their QBs IMO

their is too much made of o lines in the NFL

A great QB will make Ds miss.

Just my opinion
Report d13phe March 10, 2012 1:57 PM GMT
O LINES
Report incaseof March 10, 2012 4:07 PM GMT
Running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett, safety Melvin Bullitt, tight end Dallas Clark and quarterback Curtis Painter have departed the Colts.

And it's unlikely Freeney, Wayne and Garcon to return.

Good luck, Luck.
Report grayhawk March 10, 2012 8:33 PM GMT
d13phe.......I'm with Orioles on this and couldn't disagree more strongly.....they say everything starts up front and they MEAN EVERYTHING STARTS UP FRONT....it's not just a soundbite.

You could have the best QB in the game with some excellent weapons to throw too but IF he has five turnstiles protecting him he has no chance in the long run......yes he'll make some plays because of his talent and the talent around him but sooner or later it will catch up with him....he won't be looking for his talented wideouts, he'll be getting happy feet and looking for who's next in the queue to hit him.
Report Sudoku_Junior March 10, 2012 9:18 PM GMT
It is a high price considering, that despite all the workouts all the tape you can see, you never actually no how good a player is until he plays in the NFL. There is no doubt he's a talent, how far he takes this is remained to be seen. To me the way he interviews for someone so young is exceptional.

To me i would have much rather seen him go to the browns, the expectation at washington is going to be unreal imo, playing in the toughest division in football imo is not going to be an easy task, especially when you consider that the skins will use free agency heavily, this will only add to the expectation. I think the browns have missed a trick here, when you look at their division you have an ageing steelers side, same can be said about the ravens D, the bengals are still developing, to me it would have put the browns right back on the map by drafting griffin. As i don't see it being anywhere as near as competitive as the NFC east.

Just a shame its a long time to wait until september!

SJ
Report d13phe March 11, 2012 10:07 AM GMT
grayhawk

I'm used to people disagreeing with me so it's fine

I base my opinion on recent times when QBs were injured like manning and Brady.  The o lines didnt really do a great job of protecting the new QBs because the QBs weren't good enough IMO to stop the D coming after them

If you have a QB who can run, pass outside the pocket and bomb it down the field (much like Newton did this year) then the O line isn't under as much pressure as the D has to respect the fact that the QB can beat them many different ways and has to be selective when to bring the pressure
Report grayhawk March 11, 2012 11:36 AM GMT
No problem mate...in punting it often pays to go against the crowd.
Report [x] These checkboxes suck March 11, 2012 11:51 PM GMT
;
Report HARRY22 March 13, 2012 12:59 AM GMT
Looking like the titans or denver
Report Sudoku_Junior March 13, 2012 1:19 PM GMT
I cannot for the life of me understand why the texans aren't getting involved here. The most playoff/superbowl ready team there is imo.
Report incaseof March 13, 2012 8:30 PM GMT
Probably because Schaub is good enough to take the team to SB...trade him away to pick up a player who maybe can't play another snap sounds like a risky move for me...

Marshall back but Cutler...what Bears needed to be a contender
Report grayhawk March 13, 2012 9:11 PM GMT
Pierre Garcon to the Redskins.
Report orioles March 13, 2012 9:27 PM GMT
It's on, baby Happy
Report HARRY22 March 13, 2012 10:07 PM GMT
vincent to the buccs Shocked

Marcus oneil to be released by chargers...he will be missed
Report incaseof March 14, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
Freeman will be excited if they sign Nicks to protect him as well

Redskins overpaying for average receivers  Laugh
Report HARRY22 March 14, 2012 3:15 PM GMT
Trent cole deal wrapped up..pleasing Cool
Report orioles March 14, 2012 3:53 PM GMT
$132 million, $60 million guaranteed.

Damnnnnn.
Report grayhawk March 14, 2012 4:03 PM GMT
See the rubbish Bucky Brooks wrote about the Brandon Marshall trade..." it makes the Bears the most explosive offense in the NFC North " ShockedShockedShocked

I know the Bears were putting up points before Forte got injured and Marshall is a good addition but come on!!!..... has he forgot the Packers and Lions reside in that division.
Report Sudoku_Junior March 14, 2012 4:57 PM GMT
I don't have a problem with Schaub, none what so ever, i still would take a healthy manning any day of the week though. Just surprised they haven't shown an interest. Given them being a dome team, get the chance to stick it to the colts twice a year, he knows the division, and it keeps him away from eli in the playoffs.
Report incaseof March 15, 2012 10:09 PM GMT
i still would take a healthy manning any day of the week though.

that's the problem...is he healthy? can the neck take a hit...a year ago he was expected to start the season, 1 month before kick off he was expected to start, 2 weeks pre kick off he was expected to come back after 4-6 games...

Looks like Titans building an o line for him now and with Jake Locker behind him, sounds like a good move for Titans and Manning.
Report HARRY22 March 16, 2012 12:56 AM GMT
6/4 Titans an hour ago..just moved into 4/7..titans looking the team for no 18
Report d13phe March 16, 2012 1:10 PM GMT
i guess thats the end of hasselbeck and the titans could be a force next year with a  full season of Chris Johnson and Manning

they also have Jake Locker as an understudy who looked pretty decent last year.
Report grayhawk March 16, 2012 2:28 PM GMT
Looking more like Denver now.
Report Sudoku_Junior March 16, 2012 8:55 PM GMT
San Francisco in the mix. Maybe this is what i was expecting when i mentioned Houston. A genuine Superbowl ready team but with the cherry missing off of the cake. Peyton manning is the cherry! Manning in this 49ers side, teams will be quaking.
Report grayhawk March 16, 2012 9:02 PM GMT
Massive market shake up if he plays when that defence is sitting on the sidelines.....MASSIVE.
Report Sudoku_Junior March 16, 2012 9:09 PM GMT
I know the price has shortened but taking a punt now that he signs is still worth a shot, without him that defence and the way harbaugh runs things, they should be definite play off contenders at the very least, hence there really is little to lose, then if manning signs, you've got a nice position to sit on.
Report grayhawk March 16, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
Aye...a bet to nothing.....especially if you're sitting on them at 22 Happy
Report Sudoku_Junior March 16, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
Always frustrates me when i miss the boat! The early bird catches the worm.
Report db1974 March 18, 2012 9:46 AM GMT
MANNINGham SIGNS WITH 49ers!

Cool
Report Rogue_Trader1 March 18, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
San Francisco has upgraded their WR unit, they will make a massive offer that Manning can not refuse. Plus the one thing Manning wanted was to go to a contender, 49ers have an awesome defence, the only missing link to a Superbowl berth is Manning. Expect 49ers to introduce Manning as QB on Tuesday or Wednesday. At this point they will nearly be Superbowl Favs
Report orioles March 18, 2012 11:29 AM GMT
Thank god we've re-signed Rex Plain
Report d13phe March 18, 2012 2:42 PM GMT
Alex smith meeting with the dolphins

All the pieces falling into place for manning and the 49ers
Report Sudoku_Junior March 18, 2012 8:42 PM GMT
For some reason, and i have no idea why, i've got a hunch that manning prefers the broncos in all of this. There is a situation where now the 49ers could be left without a quarterback, if manning doesn't sign with them and smith moves on to pastures new.
Report Rogue_Trader1 March 18, 2012 9:16 PM GMT
49ers placing themselves in a poor position if they don't get Manning, Smith could go as well and no qtr back....Broncos are out of it. Either Tenn or San Fran now
Report grayhawk March 18, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
Flynn joins Seahawks.
Report incaseof March 18, 2012 10:12 PM GMT
I doubt 49ers will pay what Titans and Broncos is expected to give Manning...
Meanwhile no team will pay Alex Smith the amount of $$$ 49ers are/was ready to give him...
Dolphins should stay with Matt Moore for next season.
Report d13phe March 19, 2012 12:25 PM GMT
no way smith goes until Manning's destination is known

he is just keeping his options open i guess.
Report Sudoku_Junior March 19, 2012 4:28 PM GMT
Broncos it is!
Report incaseof March 19, 2012 6:41 PM GMT
hmm, two talented WRs, a decent D if Von Miller burst into the best defensive player I guess they could be a threat...KC still fav in that division for me, Chargers years is over..
Report orioles March 19, 2012 6:44 PM GMT
Tim Te-who?
Report incaseof March 19, 2012 6:45 PM GMT
Laugh
Report orioles March 19, 2012 6:47 PM GMT
Can't wait for Woody Paige on ATH! Happy
Report jacob_TA March 19, 2012 9:28 PM GMT
why would you choose the Broncos and their stadium along with potential road teams, vs 49ers with 2 dome road games along with way more talent?
Report orioles March 19, 2012 9:57 PM GMT
Weak division, decent O line, no hello brudda ... and dollar dollar bills, man.

It's ALL about the green.
Report incaseof March 19, 2012 10:44 PM GMT
With Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark on the market both probably ends up in Denver...1st round pick and $$$ for Mike Wallace...Manning could be surrounded with lots of talent again Plain
Report orioles March 19, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
You can only take one of the above - who's going to make Peyton happier?
Report d13phe March 20, 2012 1:22 PM GMT
who are the broncos talented WRs?

Tebow to Jags now?
Report The Prophet Of Profit March 20, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
You cant judge  Broncos wideouts on last year. They had a running back throwing to them.  D Thomas is super talented.

Oh, and thanks for the 80/1 on the Broncos outright ****, you shouldn't have, really...
Report The Prophet Of Profit March 20, 2012 1:48 PM GMT
Wow betfair, you censor names of bookies! Do you think we dont know they exist?

Stupid company, glad i dont bet with them anymore...treat their customers with contempt.
Report d13phe March 20, 2012 4:36 PM GMT
I would be surprised if they didn't pick up any WRs for Manning to throw at tbh

then again they might have no cap left by the time this deal is finished.
Report d13phe March 25, 2012 10:03 AM BST
broncos are all in with a QB that had 4 neck surgeries last year

They just signed caleb Hanie as backup QB
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com