Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
anfeild
12 Jan 12 22:09
| Topic/replies: 2,720 | Blogger: anfeild's blog
Just had a feeling for a while. Have not backed them till yesterday. Was going to back them a while ago. Just think they are coming into a bit of form and have momentum.
Pause Switch to Standard View Giants for the Superbowl.
Show More
Report themightymac January 13, 2012 12:30 AM GMT
Can`t argue with that. Hope they beat the Packers. Whoops
Report anfeild January 13, 2012 12:37 AM GMT
So do i. I follow all sports. No expert just got a feeling. Big ask against the packers but i think they are just on to something.
Report themightymac January 13, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
Good luck mate (unless they play the 49ers Wink). Sometimes a gut feeling about a bet is much more reliable than a logical choice, although the Giants have a logical chance of beating Packers. They have found some form (like you say) at the right time and their defensive line can get to Rodgers and put pressure on him. Green Bay defense is average and will always give up points. Eli is one of the better qb`s in NFL and has some nice targers in Nix, Cruz, etc. More importantly, their running game is shaping up at the right time.
Report The Prophet Of Profit January 13, 2012 9:49 AM GMT
Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole. Had stinkers against the redskins (twice!) and seattle during the season. Too inconsistent to win 4 straight against quality opposition.
Report barkinggreville January 13, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
sincerely hope you collect anfield, I won't be backing them, don't wanna stiff emScared
Report GoBallistic January 16, 2012 12:49 AM GMT
They're going to take some stopping on current form
Report d13phe January 16, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
backed them at 90/1 but still managed ti fck it uo

dont ask how
Report GoBallistic January 16, 2012 12:57 AM GMT
Not just beating good teams but hammering them - effectively four playoff games on the trot

Jets away 29-14
Dallas home 31-14
Atlanta home 24-2
Green Bay away 37-20
Report db1974 January 16, 2012 12:59 AM GMT
I'm on this train baby

Got on at Station #75
Report barkinggreville January 16, 2012 1:02 AM GMT
well that's the first "no chance" game out of the wayCool
Report anfeild January 16, 2012 2:40 PM GMT
Played well but the packers played terrible. Hope they can keep the run going.
Report The Prophet Of Profit January 16, 2012 3:05 PM GMT
They can lay a stinker at any minute, but look good at the moment.

Hoping for a Pats-NYG revenge rematch.
Report themightymac January 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
Dream On.
Report CrazySnake January 21, 2012 1:06 AM GMT
Eli won't get the time the Packers gave him last week. He sure did shut up all the naysayers, though. Well done Eli. Maybe you are elite afterall.
Report db1974 January 21, 2012 11:46 AM GMT
Eli and the rest of the Giants did alright the last time they played in Candlestick Park. 49ers stopped them on the 10yd line with less than 2 mins left in the 4th. Giants have improved since then.
Report GoBallistic January 23, 2012 12:42 PM GMT
Hardest game out of the way now, 2 weeks to pay day
Report barkinggreville January 23, 2012 1:16 PM GMT
themightymac Wink ok then will doLaughLaughLaugh
Report The Prophet Of Profit January 23, 2012 4:56 PM GMT
Taxi for themightymac
Report Glossy January 23, 2012 6:40 PM GMT
Taxi for The Prophet of Profit (see 13/01/12 - 09:49)

Wink
Report themightymac January 23, 2012 8:02 PM GMT
well done Giants and NE backers, good luck. Sad

I shouldn`t have opened my big mouth. When one does, lady luck always shines against one. Whoops

Anybody watching both games, if honest, would agree that the two better teams lost. Just pure bad luck. Baltimore should have won but Evans drops the ball in end zone after catching winning TD, then Cundif misses an easy FG to tie the game from 30yds. As for 49ers, I don`t even want to talk about that, but I will. Giants wouldn`t have scored a pt in 2nd half but for 2 muffed punts by a rookie returner. They couldn`t even get out there own half. What Williams was thinking about on 1st one, I just don`t know. He shouldn`t have been anywhere near the ball to let it brush against his knee, but it did hit him.

SF were brilliant this season and Harbaugh is without doubt Coach of the Year.

I bet them @ 100/1 and managed a nice profit overall, but if they had made the SB, I would have been up 5 figures up no matter what the outcome.

Good luck in the SB which ever team you are on. Me, I`ll not ev en be watching it. Devil
Report horse9 January 23, 2012 8:29 PM GMT
'Anybody watching both games, if honest, would agree that the two better teams lost'

Not for me I'm afraid.
Football is about more than scorong points and stopping the oppo, Ravens weren't the better team but to go to Foxboro and run the Pats so close was a huge achievement that today counts for nothing.
I was all over the Ravens outright and getting 7, the FG was a massive swing for me, but Cunliffe hasn't been the most reliable kicker this year and that weak link has been their undoing, a few extra bucks would have got them a more reliable kicker and may have got them to the big gig.

Giants deserved their win, to go cross country in a Championship game and deal with the crowd noise takes a special kind of discipline to overcome, no question home field is worth 3 or more points in those circumstances.
Niners pass rush was awesome but Alex Smith missed open receivers too often to be a QB who deserves a ring, Eli is head and shoulders above Smith and proved yesterday that he is not just a game manager he is a game winner.
Had Ravens had Tynes the outcome of both could of course have been different, but that was up there with the best 7 hours sporting drama you will ever see, even better than Divisional weekend for me.
Report themightymac January 23, 2012 10:01 PM GMT
"Eli is head and shoulders above Smith and proved yesterday that he is not just a game manager he is a game winner."

Well, I don`t think anybody would disagree with that, rather obvious, but even Eli would admit that the Giants were extremely lucky. Without the two rookie mistakes inside the 30yd line, NY would have been stuffed. Any team in the NFL would have won from similar field positions. I`m telling you, the Giants were beaten at the time and would never have got out their own half, but for the two muffed punts. Lucky white heather.

Smith`s not as bad as you make out. He has proved all season that he can get the job done and can throw accurately. Problem with Smith was that he was frightened that he would make a mistake at the end of regular time when trying to get in FG position for Akers and that beat him. Sure, he`s not an elite QB and never will be, but ther`s been a lot worse QB`s who have won Super Bowls. If 49ers had an elite QB like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, they would dominate the NFL for the next 4 or 5 years.
Report themightymac January 23, 2012 10:03 PM GMT
and remember, Manning has quality receivers in Cruz, Nicks and Manningham. Sometimes this can help a QB Whoops
Report themightymac January 23, 2012 10:05 PM GMT
at the end of the day, all that matters is the final score. The Giants won and 49ers lost ..... end of Sad
Report themightymac January 23, 2012 10:07 PM GMT
and finally, if Hartbaugh can turn a team around in such a short time and go so close to reaching the SB in his first season, with a mediocre QB like Smith, then he must be some Coach. Coach of the season without a doubt.
Report CrazySnake January 24, 2012 2:14 AM GMT
I bELIeve in you ELI. The Giants are rELIent on you. You are ELIte!!!

Excited
Report db1974 January 24, 2012 11:40 AM GMT
Both games were so evenly matched I don't think you can realistically argue that the better team lost, or won for that matter.

In games like that, it's down to who makes the least mistakes at the crucial times, which is a skill in itself

Sometimes sport is just sport and someone has to win and someone has to lose, even when a draw would be the fairest result
Report orioles January 24, 2012 12:12 PM GMT
True dat.

SF thrived on their turnover ratio and led the league. In November, NYG 'lost the turnover battle in a 27-20 regular-season defeat at the 'Stick.'

Guess who won that battle on Sunday?
Report barkinggreville January 24, 2012 8:08 PM GMT
I don't care anything about the whys and wherefores all I care about is The Giants goin to Indie, didn't have a bean on sundays game and won't be having a penny on the superbowl, some things are more important than money and feckin about on here trading in and out instead of just sitting watching your team in the biggest sporting event in the worldScaredHappy
Report barkinggreville January 24, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
Although if we're talking about "luck" hows about the out of bounds opening  "TD" ????
Report themightymac January 24, 2012 10:54 PM GMT
nothing wrong with the opening td.
Report themightymac January 24, 2012 10:58 PM GMT
My team is whoever I`ve got my money on. How on Earth can I have an allegiance with a team in a foreign country. I couldn`t care less who wins if I`ve not got money on.
Report themightymac January 24, 2012 11:03 PM GMT
and before you start saying, "you are not a true grid-iron fan then", I`ll let you know that I`ve been following American Football long before it became fashionable with England`s middle classes and I count Joe Namath, if you know who he is, as a personal friend.
Report themightymac January 24, 2012 11:06 PM GMT
Good luck to the Giants and to the Pats too, may the best team win.
Report barkinggreville January 25, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
lol if I know who Namath is. Fact is i've followed the G men for decades, well before LT Carson Banks etc Packers were as fond of Joe as they are of EliWink
Report GoBallistic February 6, 2012 2:54 AM GMT
Pay day
Report HowieTheRookie. February 6, 2012 2:55 AM GMT
well done d13phe
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com