Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
27 Jul 11 18:52
| Topic/replies: 22,897 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Now that the lockout has ended (phew) it's time to look forward to the year ahead

It's been a frantic week already in terms of trades

Mcnabb to the vikes Shocked

It's only about 7-8 weeks away so let's get this party started early

you can also use this thread to pick out some early value. Is this finally going to be the year for my team the cowboys Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View NFL Pre season Chit Chat
Show More
Report ReimerpYsatnaf July 27, 2011 9:32 PM BST
Can i just say a big PHEW!! as well

Is this finally going to be the year for my team the Eagles Laugh
Report Swardean July 27, 2011 10:33 PM BST
Seattle value for the NFC West.  Arizona poor last year and dont see any further progression.  49ers are the new liverpool... this year is our year... I dont think so.  Only a fair Seattle team but best of poor division will only improve under 2nd season coach.  A season long interest bet for me that won at 5/1 last year (cheers betfred)
Report The Prophet Of Profit July 28, 2011 6:20 AM BST
Dont like Seattle at all.  Whitehurst or Tarvaris at QB? Rams the bet for me in that division.

LOVE the Saints this year.  Got matched at 18/1. Solid team that should bounce back in style this year.

Colts at 20's also looks value.  If Manning is healthy, theres no way they should be 20's  They had horrendous luck with injuries last year, and still won that division.

Not sure im buying the lions hype just yet.  Id need to see Stafford stay healthy for a season before touching them. 

Looking forward to the season total wins coming out...Looking to oppose the redskins and falcons if the number is right.
Report teedoubleu July 28, 2011 11:30 AM BST
Redskins and vikes look awful.What price Shanahan to be the first man out the door?.Maybe he wants to finish last to get Andrew Luck,he will be genius Shanahan again instead of the utterly clueless head coach he is at the moment if he gets Luck,the kid is special. 

Packers look set for years but i am not buying all this talk that they have so many players to add from injury from last year.Finley the tight end is the only player that will improve them.

Patroits,Saints and Colts for me against the field,all should trade shorter.

Can not wait for the new season,should be fun.
Report Nilsson Schmilsson July 28, 2011 12:35 PM BST
all sports should have transfer/trade windows like this

actually think the skins have done well getting wr's, shame they have no one to throw it [:p]

if miami get orton they'll be a much better team, henne cost them the play offs last year
Report onewheel July 28, 2011 6:18 PM BST
guide me to a site where i can get a handle on all this going's on, please.
Report louie87 July 28, 2011 6:25 PM BST
http ://espn.go.com/nfl/

Patriots getting haynesworth should be a great move for them
Report Kingmambo July 28, 2011 6:37 PM BST
Reggie Bush to Dolphins
Report onewheel July 28, 2011 8:09 PM BST
cheers louie

Kolb finally done deal to Cards for Cromatrie and 2nd rd pick.
Report orioles July 28, 2011 9:59 PM BST
HUGE price for Kolb imo.

Albert can't hack the 3-4 ... so he goes to the Pats?!! WTF?

I'm glad we got rid of him and McNabb, but this pile of wideouts we've got is strange. Our big problems are on the line both sides of the ball and no QB ... Cofield, Bowen, Chester, Wilson and a bunch of young guys? Beck got turned away at the door by security the other day - he's that plugged in.

Still, there are signs of life in the front office.

3 years to world champs Grin
Report d13phe July 28, 2011 10:02 PM BST
I was thinking about that

Maybe bill is going to a 4-3 although I very much doubt that

Strange
Report onewheel July 28, 2011 10:04 PM BST
either that or Albie will play anywhere for a decent team/coach Mischief
Report teedoubleu July 28, 2011 10:26 PM BST
Ochocinco to New England????.Bill will do well to keep that dressing room in check.
Report Nilsson Schmilsson July 28, 2011 10:52 PM BST
brady will dish out the hair dryer treatment, literally Plain
Report Ritzycal July 28, 2011 11:50 PM BST
I agree with the Prophet, the Rams are the bet for the NFC West, they really should have won it last year and I think Bradford and the team on the whole will improve.
Report the nugget July 29, 2011 12:37 AM BST
Shame Sidney Rice chose money at Seattle over potential with the rams. Ridiculous contract to a one season wonder whose doesn't appear overly concerned with winning.
Report Ritzycal July 29, 2011 1:27 AM BST
Maybe Kolb + Hightower + Fitzgerald = an NFC West contender? It's that s*** a division after all.
Report d13phe July 29, 2011 7:26 AM BST
This is a very interesting Pre season and very relevant to the teams chances as rosters are changing dramatically

Von miller has gone to the broncos. That guy is a beast. Played better than suh last year

Looks like the poor teams are doing some savvy trading ATM
Report ReimerpYsatnaf July 29, 2011 12:25 PM BST
DeSean Jackson did not show up on day 1 of training cap, come on Eagles lets get a new contract sorted for him, we don't want him going anywhere Plain
Report ReimerpYsatnaf July 29, 2011 12:27 PM BST
reports say Vince Young has agreed a deal with the Eagles to be back up to Vick
Report ReimerpYsatnaf July 29, 2011 12:30 PM BST
David Akers off to the 49ers, Sav Rocca off to the Redskins
Report Nilsson Schmilsson July 29, 2011 12:50 PM BST
a good back up for vick is that, much better than some old duffer
Report teedoubleu July 29, 2011 12:57 PM BST
Much better than Kolb i think.Kolb is short pass,short pass,short pass,oh we are fourteen points down with five minutes left.Can't see it working in Arizona for him myself or anywhere else for that matter.
Report db1974 July 29, 2011 1:13 PM BST
Brett Favre signs 1-year deal with Redskins!

Only joking orioles

[;)][:p]
Report orioles July 29, 2011 3:13 PM BST
Don't rule it out! Sad
Report orioles July 29, 2011 3:14 PM BST
Has to be better than Clemens Laugh
Report Nilsson Schmilsson July 29, 2011 11:22 PM BST
so the eagles have it all wrapped it all up now Blush
Report the nugget July 29, 2011 11:23 PM BST
Nnamdi Asomugha to the #Eagles 5 years 60 million, 25 guaranteed. Reasonable retirement package.
Report d13phe July 30, 2011 6:54 AM BST
Williams to the bears

Edwards to the falcons. The Vikings look to be a sinking ship to me
Report Trickster347819. July 30, 2011 12:43 PM BST
People seem to have been backing Philly in the SB winner market purely cos of Nnamdi, and Green Bay have drifted. Bless. Because as we all know Corners win Superbowls ffs.

Get on the Falcons!
Report the nugget July 30, 2011 2:49 PM BST
Totally agree with that first sentence Trickster, pass rash always considerably more important than ability at corner and if Trent Cole gets injured the Eagles have zero pass rush. They will also continue to suck against the run.
Report TUB July 31, 2011 12:27 AM BST
nfc east- eagles
    west- seahawks (best value price, still rubbish division)
    north- packers (normally i wouldnt go for superbowl champions but these packers could dominate for a few years)
    south- saints
afc east- the jets
    west- chargers (expect a huge season from vincent jackson)
    north- ravens
    south- texans
wildcards- patriots, colts, falcons and giants.
jets and packers to contest superbowl. at least that is what i am hoping for. the same two as i picked last year.
most rushing yards- mendenhall or rice
most passing yards- rivers
most receiving yards- vincent jackson or andre johnson.
any thoughts....
Report Green Board July 31, 2011 10:19 AM BST
AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Charger

NFC East: Eagles
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Rams
Report grayhawk July 31, 2011 11:42 AM BST
Another excellent pick up by the eagles in Cullen Jenkins ( if they can keep him on the field )....under-rated by a lot of people who don't watch a lot of Green Bay.
Report Trickster347819. July 31, 2011 11:53 AM BST
AFC East: Patriots (even if Albert blows up, should still walk it)
AFC North: Ravens W/C Browns (yes Browns, Steelers getting old and tend to have a dodgy seasion every now and again)
AFC South: Texans (need a few DB rookies to step up)
AFC West: Chargers (provided they have a decent start for once) W/C Chiefs

NFC East: Eagles W/C Cowboys (outdone by Eagles in Free Agency, but Garret will get 'em firing and catching now dopey Williams gone)
NFC North: Packers (could make rare back to back Superbowls)
NFC South: Falcons (offense looks primed for a real shot at SB) W/C Saints
NFC West: Rams (best, and rapidly improving best of a bad lot)
Report Donbowzer July 31, 2011 12:20 PM BST
I personally think you should stick to Pelota Trickster!
Report Trickster347819. July 31, 2011 12:26 PM BST
do some work muppet!
Report Nilsson Schmilsson August 2, 2011 11:27 PM BST
anyone the eagles wont have by september [smiley:crazy]
Report db1974 August 3, 2011 5:18 PM BST
McNabb??????
Report Daryl Revok August 3, 2011 5:37 PM BST
Saints have done some very nice business. Shifting Bush and acquiring Sproles (at least his equal imo) gives them Ingram/Sproles/Thomas/Ivory on the depth chart at RB. And Big Baby and Aubrayo Franklyn, to bolster the DL, both rank high on PF Focus's DT chart for the last few years.
Report orioles August 3, 2011 7:00 PM BST
Franklin a nice pick up. Not really feeling that backfield yet.
Report d13phe August 3, 2011 8:46 PM BST
Finding it hard to keep up with all the player changes

Enjoying reading sports illustrated around training camp specials though by Peter king.

No real standout teams for me ATM.

Pats probably rightly favourites particularly now they have big Albert who will probably be used as a weapon.
Report the nugget August 3, 2011 10:22 PM BST
How can the Patriots be legitimate favourites when they can film the opposition anymore? Only a matter of time before their mug spread offence and lack of a pass rush gets shown up again.
Report Notsofastmyfriend August 6, 2011 9:56 PM BST
18/1 Calvin Johnson for the top receiving yards, way too big for me, dome team, qb stays upright(hopefully),better defence and the schedule isn't brutal.
Report HARRY22 August 6, 2011 10:43 PM BST
d13 lay lay lay of the patriots again?? [;)]
Report db1974 August 7, 2011 11:13 PM BST
I like that Johnson bet

Next best price is 9/1, admittedly from just a handful of bookies pricing it up so far
Report teedoubleu August 9, 2011 9:11 PM BST
50/1 any team to go 16-0 with billys.Should have happened twice in the last for years.
Report teedoubleu August 9, 2011 9:11 PM BST
four
Report d13phe August 10, 2011 8:07 PM BST
That's a great bet IMO

Shame they won't let me have more than a few quid on. They might let mrs D though Blush
Report TUB August 10, 2011 10:54 PM BST
80/1 in paddies for a 16-0 season. wont be that price for long because i have just had a good bet on it. dont think it will happen as i cant see any team (apart from possibly the packers) being so dominant this year.
Report teedoubleu August 11, 2011 12:22 AM BST
8 quid max bet with paddies i got and its not a winning account.
Report TUB August 11, 2011 1:08 PM BST
they let me put on 50 euro. must not think too much of me!. i see it has been cut to 40/1 this morning
Report rdb August 11, 2011 9:47 PM BST
NFC West - Rams might be the bet, but I'd wait until they're 1 and 6 before placing it Happy

Opening seven games are ridiculously tough, probably only the Redskins game that they're favourites for.  But the second half of the season is a lot smoother, with all the divisional games winnable and games against the Browns and Bengals too (which they'll hope to have chances in).

But a 1-6 start would see the odds a lot better than they are now...
Report TUB August 12, 2011 2:28 AM BST
good call rdb. rams could easily begin 1 and 6, then finish the season 9 and 7, which would surely win the division. the only thing is that after 7 games they probanly wont be more than 2 games behind!
Report rdb August 12, 2011 9:45 AM BST
I should declare a vested interest, as a Ram!

We've made some very good moves in both the draft and FA - will definitely be stronger all over.  I don't think that's going to be strong enough to push the Eagles, Packers, Saints etc in the early weeks (especially as the side will still be gelling) but come the home stretch I'd hope we'd go on a really good run and be the 'hot' side going into the play offs.

As you say, there's a fair chance that our divisional rivals will most likely be no better than 3-4 at best but still, I'm sure 1-6 will frighten some people into laying the Rams at better value than they currently are Happy
Report orioles August 12, 2011 11:21 AM BST
probably only the Redskins game that they're favourites for

How dare you!

As if a QB or running game or defense or offensive line or secondary are critical parts of a football team.
Report rdb August 12, 2011 11:33 AM BST
haha! So you're happy with your punter then? Silly

tbf, Cofield's a great pickup - I was hoping his relationship with Spags would see him move to us, but not to be. Not sure about the QB situation, underwhelmed by both Grossman and Beck.  Hopes for the season?
Report Swardean August 13, 2011 12:18 AM BST
Ha ha Rams!!!
Report rdb August 13, 2011 12:52 AM BST
?
Report RAPS August 14, 2011 3:38 PM BST
COLTS @ the odds for mine.  GL all

(unless you are laying the Colts)
Report the nugget August 14, 2011 6:43 PM BST
Never advise people to go against their gut in this sport but Manning's fitness is pretty ropey. Doesn't look like he will play any pre season games and may even miss one or two regular season games. He certainly wont be finally tuned. Colts might be a team to back mid season if you fancy them.
Report rdb August 14, 2011 11:10 PM BST
Agree with the nugget - Colts' backup qbs looked very poor last night. Pre-season or not, they were throwing ints that were nowhere near their targets. Manning is huge for that team. He'll be back, but maybe not for the first couple of weeks (and certainly not at fitness until at least weeks three / four). Can't see them not making the play offs but you might get more value backing them in a couple of months than you will now - certainly don't see them coming in before then, either way.

Standing by the Rams call, btw (watch them struggle early on and then power through to the post season). Only pre-season but saw some big improvements in some of the areas I was worried about - and signs that the McDaniels offense is going to let us off the leash a bit. Can't wait Grin
Report orioles August 15, 2011 9:54 PM BST
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Rex Grossman created quite the stir last week, and all he did was exude some confidence.

The veteran quarterback went on television and said he really feels the Washington Redskins are going to win the NFC East. While perhaps an outlandish prospect to some, it was more or less his way of stating the standard win-the-division goal that every team has in training camp.

Sorted Cool
Report davescrazy August 16, 2011 11:13 PM BST
guys , anyone think that this is agood bet ,, eagles total wins with coral, the line is 11, im going under,  so we have the 11 as a money back , can they win 12 or more ?? i just dont think they will,, not exactly an easy division that there in , and not the easiest of schedules ,,
Report The Prophet Of Profit August 17, 2011 1:28 AM BST
Paddy have betting up for the worst regular season record.  Have hit the seahawks, bengals and 49ers.  Obviously you cant get a decent bet on mind!
Report Nilsson Schmilsson August 17, 2011 1:53 AM BST
use the cash you cant bet to pay up fantasy subs Cool [smiley:crazy]
Report The Prophet Of Profit August 18, 2011 2:45 AM BST
[:x]
Report HARRY22 August 18, 2011 12:13 PM BST
the prophet returns..look forward to hearing his expert opinions during the season [;)]
Report Ross8481 August 19, 2011 12:16 AM BST
Hey guys, I'll keep it brief.

I fancy the Cowboys CoolShocked
Report The Prophet Of Profit August 19, 2011 3:37 AM BST
You too 'arry
Report db1974 August 29, 2011 12:32 PM BST
Calvin Johnson 16/1 with Paddies now
Report Mr. Purple August 29, 2011 12:56 PM BST
also Manning top passer at standout 14s.  Anyone got an update as to whether he is likely to play week 1
Report d13phe August 29, 2011 1:24 PM BST
He expects to be fit for week 1 but he won't have had any Pre season
Report HARRY22 August 29, 2011 2:15 PM BST
Im looking forward to seeing out shutdown corners dominate the nfc east this year Grin  These QBs are going to need a lot of time to find some open receivers and before you know it boommmm trent cole will have ou wrapped up...outside bet for most sacks..not seen a market..anyone?
Report d13phe September 1, 2011 7:28 PM BST
I'm really liking the look of the texans this year

At 2.5 for the division they look a steal particularly with the problems that the colts have with manning

Jags and titans aren't even worth considering

The texans obviously have problems on the D but wade Phillips is the man to improve that. Cowboys D nearly took them all the way when he was in control
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com