Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
good value losers
24 Jul 11 11:48
| Topic/replies: 20,119 | Blogger: good value losers's blog
hey guys

i've reactivated the league and set a draft time and date of

8pm UK time Weds 31 Aug

you should all have got an email, and please can you confirm you're going to play this year, either by email, on the league notice board or on here. no point having dead teams in the league!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 302
By:
ninersnation
When: 25 Jul 11 00:02
Yeah, I'm up for playing again this year. Can't make that draft time or date though as I will be working then. If you can change it to the sunday - either before or after -  that would be great. I work in the evenings weekdays. If you cant change the date, not to worry. I will take the auto draft selections and work with them.
It would be cool if you could encourage the teams to trade more readily this year. Couldnt get anyone to trade with me during last season.
By:
good value losers
When: 25 Jul 11 08:57
the preceding sunday is a public holiday weekend in the UK - some may be away. the succeeding sunday is only 4 days before the 1st fixture and doesn't really give much time for fiddling about on waivers etc. we could go back to 21 aug if enough people want to.

i'm unclear what you expect me to do re: encouraging people to trade. i'm sure if you offer a good enough trade people will take it.
By:
good value losers
When: 01 Aug 11 18:37
bump
By:
good value losers
When: 01 Aug 11 18:38
oops forgot to say, 1 person has withdrawn, so there's a spare place if anyone wants it.

this league is FREE lol
By:
Mr Snap
When: 01 Aug 11 23:03
If you have room for one ?
By:
good value losers
When: 02 Aug 11 17:34
sure. post your email addr and i'll send an invite
By:
Mr Snap
When: 02 Aug 11 22:17
have sent u a message thanks
By:
good value losers
When: 05 Aug 11 08:06
email was sent 2 days ago. use it or lose it!
By:
good value losers
When: 08 Aug 11 23:18
mr snap hasn't signed on, so if anyone else would like to join pls post yr email or send me a message and i'll issue an invite.
By:
Mr Snap
When: 09 Aug 11 23:59
sorry been stupidly busy all done now thanks
By:
good value losers
When: 11 Aug 11 15:57
good stuff. there's still only 4 confirmed so far, and we need a minimum of 10 Sad but still 3 weeks away.
By:
d13phe
When: 15 Aug 11 11:47
D13phe@Hotmail.co.uk

I'm keen GVL
By:
good value losers
When: 15 Aug 11 14:01
noted. those who played last year have 1st choice, though the lack of response doesn't fill me with optimism! will give them a further 10 days to respond, after which they'll be deleted, i'll send you the invite, and we'll see if we can get enough others to form a viable league.
By:
HARRY22
When: 15 Aug 11 15:36
GVL im not sure how you play this league...i do the easy one on nfluk Cool any free spaces left i will take a place
By:
good value losers
When: 15 Aug 11 16:58
ok

i'd suggest you take part in a few mock drafts if you've never done one before. you need to register yourself on nfl.com then join a mock draft at a time of your choice - i'm sure you can find the link to do that.
By:
HARRY22
When: 15 Aug 11 17:34
nope never taken part in one..i will have a look at some stage today...i will keep an eye on this thread for any free spaces.
By:
orioles
When: 15 Aug 11 17:36
GVL, I think a free league is an excellent idea and if you need any numbers to make sure it goes ahead, I'll join.
By:
Pun tang
When: 15 Aug 11 17:45
GVL, I'm also up for it if you need players - message sent.

Cheers
By:
good value losers
When: 15 Aug 11 20:30
good stuff. so that's 4 in situ, awaiting response from 8 other incumbents, and 4 offers. will send another reminder at the weekend, then delete non-respondents next weds.
By:
RescueMe.
When: 15 Aug 11 20:40
I'll join if there's a space
By:
orioles
When: 15 Aug 11 21:30
Put me at the bottom of the waiting list, GVL. Nothing personal, but this would put my leagues into double figures! Grin
By:
good value losers
When: 16 Aug 11 08:57
draft date moved to accommodate some people. hope that doesn't stuff up the others and those who want to join can make it.

Tues 30 Aug 8pm UK time
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Aug 11 10:30
No mock drafts available to do on nfl at mo
By:
good value losers
When: 16 Aug 11 22:17
what are you on? lol there's loads

http://fantasy.nfl.com/draftcenter/mockdrafts
By:
HARRY22
When: 17 Aug 11 08:57
I went on the nfl.com mock draft and it said none at this time.Grin
By:
HARRY22
When: 17 Aug 11 08:57
There are currently no mock drafts available to participate in.

thats the message i get
By:
good value losers
When: 17 Aug 11 09:05
hmmm clearly not a 24/7 thing. it is 5am in the morning east coast. try this evening uk time.
By:
good value losers
When: 20 Aug 11 09:10
final reminder for those who played last year and have not yet indicated they wish to do so this year.

please signal your intent by weds 24 aug. also it would be helpful if you mentioned your team's name when you do so.
By:
nooky
When: 21 Aug 11 01:46
Nooky's Nightmares are fit and raring to go, will be there for draft
By:
good value losers
When: 21 Aug 11 12:16
good stuff! are you going to run a gridiron challange again? see if i can win it 3 out of 4 Cool
By:
nooky
When: 21 Aug 11 19:09
That's fightin' talk pardner Mischief ....will do, see other thread
By:
HARRY22
When: 21 Aug 11 21:18
you around GVL?
By:
good value losers
When: 21 Aug 11 23:33
am now. wassup?
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Aug 11 09:52
You still around lol....Just regarding the mock draft...never done one before but had a go last night and ended up being on the clock as arizona cardinals Sad... once you pick a player i noticed their was a number (8) for example next to the player..if you wanted manning as 1st pick and so did i...i guess its luck who gets to choose 1st? i was playing the sunday million at the same time so didnt really see how it works exactly lol
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Aug 11 10:18
Also...are the players ranked so if you pick the best player you go to the back of the queue for the next round?
By:
good value losers
When: 22 Aug 11 13:35
it is indeed pot luck which slot you get in the draft. the order stays the same but reverses after each rd, so no 10 will get 2 picks in a row, one at the end of rd 1 and then immediately at the start of rd 2, and etc.

real nutters will practise mock drafts using each position from 1 to 10 (you can choose which one you want in the mock draft in case you hadn't realised) because the players you will have to pick from will obv vary considerably. and also your tactics if you are no 10 and thus get 2 picks in a row will differ from if you're, say, no 5 and have to wait 9 picks between goes.
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Aug 11 14:05
QBs and RBs the big point scorers in this game i take it?...I noticed you have bench players...was it 5 or 6?..QB,WR,RB.TE,K..If its 5 i take it these are the backup players you need...if 6 an extra WR or RB?..how many spaces do you have left in league?...Can you trade with each other once draft is complete?
By:
HARRY22
When: 22 Aug 11 14:14
for example arian foster has BYE 11...ray rice has BYE 5...how does this work?
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 22 Aug 11 14:58
their teams aren't playing those week so have very little chance of scoring points that week

you could

a) try to pick a full team of players on the same bye week to write off 1 week but have a strong team every other

b) try to avoid players having the same bye week to keep a strong line up each week

c) ignore byes all together and deal with it when it happens
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com