Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Trusty
12 Feb 11 10:46
| Topic/replies: 6,197 | Blogger: Trusty's blog
Last week I placed some multiples with Betfair having opted into the promotion of "place at least a treble and get 50% back if one loses". Minimum stake was £25 and maximum refund per client was £50.

I looked at the cards and saw there were four likely odds-on of which one looked like it could get turned over, so I split the bet into 4 trebles of £25, on the basis that if went one went down, the other treble was returning 4/5 and £37.50 in rebate meant that the whole bet was about 4/1. Nothing spectacular for limited funds but worth the risk and supporting the BF promo.

Result was 3 horses won and one horse lost. So one treble paid out about £45 and I was expecting a credit of £37.50 for the three losing trebles, which lost by the required one selection only.

On Tuesday I emailed customer services asking when the credit would be applied. They replied on Wednesday 9th. Nothing was credited. On Thursday 10th I was credited with £12.50!

A series of emails have followed with BF customer services which has concluded on their side with the promo was only offered for ONE multiple bet. Well there is nowhere in the offer that stated the limit was ONE bet, the limit was very clearly £50 refund per customer. Anyway despite being a member for 10 years and despite their wording not limiting the offer to ONE bet, they have refused to make an additional credit. So I am off to IBAS. It is not the sum involved it is the principle.

Updates will follow, but if you are betting on the multiples this weekend, even if you have read the promo offer and T&C's, you may still get shafted.

Here are the details BF sent me this week:-

I can confirm that the promotion states "place a Racing Multiples bet, staking at least £25 on a line of three or more selections from any races offered on Racing Multiples that are taking place between Friday 4th February and 16:10 GMT on Sunday 6th February 2011. Only one selection can be made per leg." then followed by "If your qualifying multiple, as outlined above, contains exactly one incorrect selection, we will give you a credit of half your original stake (up to a maximum of £50). If your bet wins or you get two or more selections wrong, you will not receive a credit in this promotion". 
As you can see there is no mention of the promotion being applied to more than one Multiple bet. BF comment ...but it doesn't state that it doesn't apply to more than one multiple bet.

I have also attached the terms and conditions below as requested:-

Specific Terms:
1.    To take part you must have opted in to the promotion by entering your username, password and the bonus code "NICHOLLS 050211" here to choose Nicholl's Treble OR "RACING 050211” here to choose your own treble.
2.    This promotion begins at 8.00 GMT on Friday 4th February and finishes at 15:45 GMT on Sunday 6th February 2011.
3.    In order to take part, you must:
- Place a Racing Multiples bet, staking at least £25 on a line of three or more selections from any races offered on Racing Multiples that are taking place between Friday 4th February and 16:10 GMT on Sunday 6th February 2011. Only one selection can be made per leg.
- This bet must be placed by 16:10 GMT on Sunday 6th February 2011.
4.    To qualify for this promotion at least three legs of your Multiples selections must race.
5.    If your qualifying multiple, as outlined above, contains exactly one incorrect selection, we will give you a credit of half your original stake (up to a maximum of £50). If your bet wins or you get two or more selections wrong, you will not receive a credit in this promotion.
6.    For the purposes of this promotion, voided bets will not count and qualifying Multiples bets must have settled by 23:59:59 GMT on Sunday 6th February 2011.
7.    No more than £50 will be awarded to any one customer in this specific promotion.
8.    Credits will be made on or before Wednesday 9th February 2011.
9.    The promotion is available to UK and ROI customers only.
10.    Standard terms and conditions apply, see below.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Betfair promotions, competitions and events. In the event of any discrepancy or conflict between the standard terms and any specific terms relating to a particular promotion, competition, tournament or event then the Specific Terms shall prevail.

Standard Terms:
1.    You must be aged 18 years or over to bet, participate in promotions, and/or take part in competitions. Underage entries will be void.
2.    Only one entry may be made per registered account. By entering you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, any Specific Terms and Conditions relating to the relevant promotion, competition or event, and any applicable instructions.
3.    Betfair reserves the right to exclude any entrant from competitions, promotions, events and from use of the Betfair website if Betfair believes that an entrant has tried to enter by using more than one username or is otherwise engaging in any fraudulent or illegal activity (including participation that would be in breach of the law in your local jurisdiction), whether or not that entrant would or might have won any prize but for such activity.
4.    The decision of Betfair in respect of any matter concerning or related to competitions and promotions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5.    In the event of a breach of these Terms and Conditions, Betfair reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
6.    Betfair reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
7.    Betfair accepts no responsibility whatsoever for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during any of these promotions.
8.    You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
9.    The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and no rights or benefits expressly or impliedly conferred by it shall be enforceable under that Act against the parties to it by any other person.
10.    Any use of the registered trade mark BETFAIR ® and/or the BETFAIR LOGO is with the consent of the trade mark owner The Sporting Exchange Limited.
11.    The promoter in respect of any prize draws, competitions and promotions is Betfair Counterparty Services Ltd a Maltese company with its registered office at Betfair Counterparty Services Ltd, Triq il-Kappillan Mifsud, St. Venera - SVR 1851.
Pause Switch to Standard View BETFAIR MULTIPLES - BEWARE!
Show More
Report db1974 February 17, 2011 5:41 PM GMT
Not sure why this is in North American section only (I can't find it in any other) but what about this condition (from Standard Terms)?

2.    Only one entry may be made per registered account

Does this not scupper your (otherwise well-thought out) plan
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com