Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
grayhawk
07 Oct 10 13:08
| Topic/replies: 28,615 | Blogger: grayhawk's blog
There is NO way the Packers should be jollys to win the big show.

Starting safety Morgan Burnett is done for the season after tearing his acl on Sunday, ideally he would be replaced by Atari Bigby but he's unavailable until at least week 6 and thats if he's ready to go at all after being injured. Special teams demon Derick Martin will probably replace him on Sunday.
The other starting safety Nick Collins says his knee will keep him out of this Sundays game and he'll be replaced by i don't know who.Sad

It's being reported that two starting linebackers are done for the season..Nick Barnett( wrist )the vocal leader of the defence and Brandon Chillar ( shoulder )

Green Bay's defence is not good enough to absorb these injuries.

On offence they have already lost running back Ryan Grant for the season which leaves them without a decent back at all.....with no run game teams will just be able to tee off on Rodgers all season and the two ageing offensive tackles are struggling.

ALL teams get injuries and some can fight through the adversity but teams SHOULDN'T be favourites to do it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Packers are one of the worst ever...
Show More
Report morrissey October 7, 2010 2:12 PM BST
correct

for me the ravens are the slight favs over the steelers and the pats.

i havent seen much from the nfc to be excited about but i am excited to see randy moss at the vikes..
Report grayhawk October 7, 2010 2:25 PM BST
If the Vikings can get all their skill players on the field it looks good for them....Moss, Rice, Harvin ,Shiancoe and Peterson looks quite a line-up Sad
Report HARRY22 October 7, 2010 2:26 PM BST
The pats?  Would you of mentioned the pats before the miami result?
Report zolaisgod October 7, 2010 2:40 PM BST
the pats are a million with that d and no deep threat. jets steelers and ravens from the afc and dallas and maybe the falcons from the nfc for me. times are a changing in the nfl metinks
Report good value losers October 7, 2010 4:52 PM BST
houston a nice price for me. foster has exploded this year, and unlike johnson marooned in a team with no passing game, the texans have a pretty good qb and wr's. although d's win sb's and their d isn't really elite, it may just be good enough to get by.
Report nevertoolate October 7, 2010 4:55 PM BST
Problem with Houston is their schedule, its pretty brutal

Steelers are standout for me, with Batch they are 3-1. How many teams could start 3-1 with him as QB?
Report enjbenjy October 7, 2010 5:13 PM BST
I agree with OP and also agree with the last post that Steelers looks the bet for me. Not overly impressed with Ravens. I don't think their offense convert enough Td's. I would expect Steelers to beat them if Big Ben lined up.
Report Gazzy October 7, 2010 5:14 PM BST
Houston pass D is #32 I think!!!

Pittsburgh schedule is pretty damn easy having just looked at it:

Bye
v Cle - Win
@ Mia - Close - maybe win
@ NO - Close - maybe win
@ Cin - Close - maybe lose
v NE - win
v Oak - win
@ Buf - win
@ Bal - lose
v Cin - win
v NYJ - either way
v Car - win
@ Cle - win

Anyone disagree?!?!
Report good value losers October 7, 2010 5:21 PM BST
Gazzy Joined: 28 Dec 05
Replies: 185 07 Oct 10 17:14 
Houston pass D is #32 I think!!!

Laugh they had 2 bad games vs manning and mcnab
Report enjbenjy October 7, 2010 5:39 PM BST
They let Oakland pass for 278 yards this year. More than any other team and they've played some bad teams!
Report enjbenjy October 7, 2010 5:40 PM BST
Oakland have played some bad teams just to clarify.
Report morrissey October 7, 2010 11:04 PM BST
HARRY22     07 Oct 10 14:26 
The pats?  Would you of mentioned the pats before the miami result?

yes, thats what having one of the all time great qbs and coaches does for a team. entitles them to some respect. and i just have a feeling it may be a good year for them. would i back them? nope

like you do i base things on ONE game? suffer from short termism?> nope mate. they wouldnt have let moss leave if they couldnt replace him or change it all up. just imo
Report the nugget October 7, 2010 11:08 PM BST
BTW the Cowboys were trading @ 6.00 before a ball had been thrown 2 years ago, they were a horrible favourite at a shocking price. Packers need to get to their bye week 6-3 at worse. Hopefully 7-2
Report morrissey October 7, 2010 11:18 PM BST
ive backed baltimore.. and ill keep backing them as the season goes on as it goes.. if flacco really picks up and with a new long ball threat i think they have a huge chance and while their defence may not be as good as in seasons past (according to the experts- early results dont really say so) its still better than most teams imo
Report buderick October 7, 2010 11:50 PM BST
The colts and the Steelers the 2 teams that impress me, i know the Colts lost last week to the **** Jags but they have so much strength
Report CJ October 8, 2010 9:49 AM BST
The Pack have been extremely unlucky to have such an injury situation. Saying that, they've done well and should be 4-0
Report CJ October 8, 2010 9:50 AM BST
...but Sunday's performance was truly awful, although they do say the sign of a good team is play badly and win.
Report nevertoolate October 8, 2010 11:21 AM BST
Colts D is looking pretty rough, if they lose much more before the playoffs a good offense will put up a lot of points on them

I dont fancy the Ravens personally, not running the ball well and Flacco not looking the guy I thought he would be. Watched the condensed Browns game and they moved it quite easily and should have beaten them (some poor play calling by the Browns in that game). Pitts would have beaten them if they had a QB
Report horse9 October 8, 2010 2:34 PM BST
I reckon we'll have another half dozen superbowl favs before the big day.
Another Ravens performance like last week and they'll be fancied, Jets, Vikes (now with Moss) Chargers (when they stop playing dumb football), Colts, Steelers (Big Ben back this week), and maybe a few others, but I can see any of those I listed being backed into favs at some point
Report HARRY22 October 8, 2010 7:18 PM BST
morrisey they have let moss go for draft picks so he is looking to the future...this pats team has no chance of winning a superbowl and shouldnt be classed as one of the top3 favs.

The secondary is a mess...what they did the other night was down to miami being completely rubbish...as for their QB Laugh he was throwing the ball around like jay cutler into impossible spots.  Yep they have a top class QB in brady but moss is a massive loss when you have to consider he can take up double coverage when the opposition dont have a superb corner.

GL if you have backed them...u will need it [;)]
Report cunnybobbler October 9, 2010 7:30 AM BST
colts should be favs, after that its wide open. steelers, ravens, falcons, saints for me.
Report horse9 October 9, 2010 10:00 AM BST
cunny - you could be right, but even the Colts are a team who leaked over 30 points in a loss at the toothless Jags last week, highlighting the unpredictability of NFL especially this year
Report cunnybobbler October 9, 2010 8:07 PM BST
oh yeah every team has problems. but the colts are the only team in the league that should go into every single game as favourites. that said, the division could be lost if they dont sort out the defense on the road. i think complacency may be a factor too. houston could sneak the division if they win the close shootouts theyll probably have.

the trouble with predicting nfl is theres no room for mistakes,if the  colts lose at home to houston theyre in a massive hole from nowhere. only 16 games plus most of them are pretty easy. last season new orleans were marked out from the outset, mainly because of the easy early schedule. get a good start and momentum carries you. thats why green bay were heavily backed, not because theyre that good but because people were looking at their early schedule and thinking "how can they lose any of these games?"
Report morrissey October 9, 2010 11:44 PM BST
the ravens have beaten the jets and steelers away from home.. regardless of the steelers qb woes..

therefore thats the best form and at the mo they deserve to be favs.. im not worried abotu flacco- he is no brady or manning but he will get the job done and that defence is as good as anyones..

and harry i havent backed th pats and wont but youd be a fool to discount them under bellichick and brady
Report HARRY22 October 10, 2010 1:31 PM BST
Id agree with you if it was 3 years ago but they dont have the same D as they did and they dont have the advantage of recording the opposition [;)]  lets be fair its the same coach and QB but defensively nowhere near the same team..not good enuff
Report horse9 October 10, 2010 1:59 PM BST
morrissey - I agree.
Trouble is the Ravens schedule is brutal, I'd say the East and the North are the two strongest divs in football right now and they also play Pats and Texans.
I'd make the winners of the North favs for superbowl, but 10-6 might do it meaning a #3 or #4 seed only
Report morrissey October 10, 2010 10:44 PM BST
the ravens keep winning and keep stopping teams from scoring...  and cinci keep looking average to me.

harry you are right, its the popular view that the pats cant defend i suppose

but then they said that about new orleans last year. yuip they had more offensive weapons but they didnt have bellichick and brady.. im not pats fan boy or want them to win. but would i be surprised if they worked out any supposed probs? nope. same as would i be surprised if peyton took his fairly average lookin team to the afc championship game at least again? nope.
Report the nugget October 10, 2010 10:47 PM BST
Steelers, Ravens, Jets look the most complete teams by far.
Report HARRY22 October 10, 2010 11:09 PM BST
Agree with nugget...even tho the ravens beat pitts their is nothing between them 2 teams.

Still think the saints will come good at the right time..few big injuries right now.
Report HARRY22 October 10, 2010 11:10 PM BST
their is 1 4-1 team who cant win the superbowl...chicago...if it wasnt for that D which is superb they would be 0-5 lol
Report morrissey October 10, 2010 11:23 PM BST
saints will be like most superbowl winners in recent times.. do v little the season after imo
Report the nugget October 10, 2010 11:34 PM BST
If the Chargers could sort out there Special teams they wouldn't be far off the three i mentioned.

Looking like the AFC play offs are going to be rather intense!!!!
Report Help2 October 17, 2010 10:54 AM BST
i see the jets as the favorit, then steelers.

The rest is lottery
Report HARRY22 October 17, 2010 11:29 AM BST
this will change after sunday..@nuggett, if they can get vincent back playing they will be a nightmare for other teams
Report morrissey October 17, 2010 11:38 PM BST
ppl still writing the pats off? must have been a good win today surely as i really like the ravens
Report HARRY22 October 17, 2010 11:39 PM BST
10pts up ravens...didnt take their chance...pats then moved the ball well
Report morrissey October 18, 2010 12:20 AM BST
still not wanting to rate them hey harry
Report HARRY22 October 18, 2010 12:28 AM BST
i dont think they are good enuff no..you could say their are 10 teams who have a shot at it..just think a good D will be needed and their are better teams with that quality
Report morrissey October 18, 2010 2:18 AM BST
yet the pats still keep rolling teams
Report HARRY22 October 18, 2010 2:19 AM BST
didnt convince me v the bills
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com