Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
03 Mar 10 17:24
| Topic/replies: 179 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Well the bookies price up Suh as heavy favourite which suprises me really as he doesnt really fit the No1 draft profile although he is a top player.

There was a lot of talk about Suh vs McCoy for the number 1 draft but all the NFL experts were talking McCoy up ahead of Suh for his ability to play the pass as well

Doesn't look like a QB will get it and there is no hope of Tebow getting it

i therefore think there is value in McCoy

Any thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View This years DRAFT
Show More
Report Foxinthesnow March 3, 2010 7:05 PM GMT
I think a qb will go number 1, The Rams have to pick a qb, they have no choice. (Unless they get Macnabb, then I'll take everything back)
Report DoggyLFC March 3, 2010 7:23 PM GMT
Adam Schefter has guaranteed the Rams will take Sam Bradford. Get on whilst you still can.
Report DoggyLFC March 3, 2010 7:25 PM GMT
d13phe 03 Mar 19:24
Well the bookies price up Suh as heavy favourite which suprises me really as he doesnt really fit the No1 draft profile although he is a top player.

There was a lot of talk about Suh vs McCoy for the number 1 draft but all the NFL experts were talking McCoy up ahead of Suh for his ability to play the pass as well

Doesn't look like a QB will get it and there is no hope of Tebow getting it

i therefore think there is value in McCoy

Any thoughts?

The media are talking crap. Suh is better than McCoy in all phases. If you're in any doubt, stick on the Texas v Nebraska game. Suh has just had an outstanding Combine too. If the Rams don't take Bradford, which they will, then Suh will be the pick.
Report DoggyLFC March 3, 2010 7:29 PM GMT
Consequently, the value in this is Suh being the second player drafted.

133/100 on here, in comparison to McCoy who is 3/10.

What is definitely worth a bet is laying Bradford or Clausen to be the second player chosen. The Lions don't need a QB, and short of a trade (which is highly unlikely due to the cost of trading up and the contract for the player), there will not be a QB picked second. Absolute banker.

In fact I could confidently lay all but three of those players for the second overall pick.
Report Foxinthesnow March 3, 2010 7:36 PM GMT
I would have thought Clausen ahead of Bradford but I ain't going to get into a dispute with Adam Schefter, the man's rarely wrong.
Report DoggyLFC March 3, 2010 7:47 PM GMT
Fox, agreed on all counts.

Clausen is a better prospect than Bradford with less questions, and if I'm Billy Devaney I'm scribbling his name down on the 22nd April and handing it in.

But, Schefter is connected like no-one else. If he's willing to take any bet on it, then it's going to happen.
Report LondonLawman March 3, 2010 9:51 PM GMT
I think the Teams need the following

1. Rams QB
2. Lions OT
3. Bucs ?
4. Skins OT

Take

1. Rams QB
2. Lions DT
3. Bucs ?
4. Skins Take whichever DT/OT is left or trade down
Report d13phe March 3, 2010 9:55 PM GMT
imagine Suh and Haynesworth together

thats just scary imo

Redskins sitting pretty in this draft imo
Report DoggyLFC March 3, 2010 10:43 PM GMT
Suh will not get to the Redskins. They need an OT anyway, if they don't take a QB.
Report Ace High March 4, 2010 4:20 AM GMT
Who has prices on draft?
Report Ace High March 4, 2010 9:49 AM GMT
2.4 for Suh to be drafted 2nd on here does look like a gift....but im gonna be greedy and waiting for the high street to price it up.

Rams have to take a QB at 1....suh is the logical pick, and logical bet at odds against.
Report eye_iz_ere March 4, 2010 3:45 PM GMT
Surely if the Rams want a QB they may as well trade the No 1 pick for Tampa's No 3 pick and get a few more picks in later rounds?
Report Ace High March 4, 2010 6:44 PM GMT
The Glazers?

Unlikely
Report DoggyLFC March 6, 2010 11:40 AM GMT
eye_iz_ere 04 Mar 16:45
Surely if the Rams want a QB they may as well trade the No 1 pick for Tampa's No 3 pick and get a few more picks in later rounds?

Why would the Buccs trade up when they know that one of the two players they highly desire will fall to them? Crazy move. Sit tight and take whichever DT falls to you.
Report eye_iz_ere March 6, 2010 11:59 AM GMT
Beacuse Tampa may be willing to give away a fourth round pick to get Suh rather than McCoy. On the other hand the Rams could worry about Detroit trading down and the Redskins trading up to get Bradford if they traded down to the number 3 pick.
Report DoggyLFC March 6, 2010 12:19 PM GMT
A fourth round pick? It's 800 points on the Trade Value Chart - that's a late first rounder. You'd be able to hear the laughing in St. Louis from here.

Suh is a great player, a truly great player - but McCoy is very very very very good himself.

Sit tight, take McCoy. Heck, Suh might fall yet of the Lions lose the plot and take Okung.
Report DoggyLFC March 6, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
"if the", not of, FFS.
Report LondonLawman March 8, 2010 10:13 AM GMT
Lions really should take Okung, all that money invested in Sttaford they really need a premier OLT to protect that investment, they could get a decade of productivity there.

What's the point draftin a QN no 1 and having spent all that money if he spends so much time not playing through injury or with his butt on the turf, which also means your true Star Talent Calvin Johnson one of the top 5 NFL receivere IMVHO becomes a non fact as well.

Lions could trade down to 5 and still get him I expect which as previous poster pointed out makes it hard for Rams to trade down.

I dont get to see the NCAA Football myself so dont know how good these 2 QBs are but as a Redskins fan I want us to take either of the DT or Okung.
Report mr milk March 9, 2010 9:20 AM GMT
^ agree with all of that (besides the redskins fan bit :) )
Report Ace High March 9, 2010 6:06 PM GMT
Wish the high street would price this up sooner....a certain irish bookie had a shocker last year with regards to his player match bets.
Report Lifetaker March 11, 2010 3:58 AM GMT
Following is the updated 2010 NFL Draft first-round order. The first round will start on Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 PM CT with the second and third rounds on Friday, April 23 at 5:00 PM CT followed by rounds 4-7 on Saturday, April 24 at 9:00 AM ET.

#
Club
Win
Loss
Tie
Win Pct.
Strength of Sched.
Opp. Record

St. Louis

Detroit

Tampa Bay

Washington

Kansas City

Seattle

Cleveland

Oakland

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Denver (from Chi.)

Miami

San Francisco

Seattle (from Den.)

N.Y. Giants

Tennessee

San Fran. (from Car.)

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Houston

Cincinnati

New England

Green Bay

Philadelphia

Baltimore

Arizona

Dallas

San Diego

N.Y. Jets

Minnesota

Indianapolis

New Orleans
Report LondonLawman March 18, 2010 8:26 AM GMT
Wow see my post dated 8th March, NFL Pundits are now talking that Lions may draft Okung, makes total sense, you need to protect last years investment, who throws to your best player Calvin.

Pundits think Lions move for a free agent DT shows thy will not be drafting that position. Hell this would really open the draft up and make Redskins pick at 4 tough, take the QB thats left over or get whichever of the 2 DT who will be left on the board, though I seem to think I read Redskins were going 3-4 next season.

You got to love the NFL draft, really keeps you interested, season is dead from after draft day tell training camps open up, thank God for the World Cup.
Report beanmeister March 18, 2010 5:31 PM GMT
Lawman - excellent points - but you don't need to draft a QB now, you got REX!!
Report LondonLawman March 18, 2010 9:01 PM GMT
OMFG Rex Grossman, what is this a charity donation the guy is a complete bust as a QB!
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 21, 2010 2:59 AM GMT
the lions and bucs aren't gtd to take suh if he falls to them, they both have greater needs, though one of them will probably take him odds would say

if I could bet on him not being drafted in the top 5 anywhere, I would, because it could realistically happen
Report Ace High March 21, 2010 1:14 PM GMT
Skins have to take a QB, no use drafting OL when you have a wagon like Campbell to protect.

Sick of seeing Campbells nonchalant one week 1 seem good-2 weeks seem like a zombie nonsense...its made the redskins embarssing to support.

Bring Clausen in.
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 21, 2010 1:26 PM GMT
shanahan is having orgasms over being able to draft clausen
Report LondonLawman March 21, 2010 7:25 PM GMT
Draft the best player, if Redskins have a chance to take Suh got to snap him up or hope someone will trade up for him.

No point having / drafting a QB with no O Line to block for him, did not work well for Lions last season did it and the Jets have one of the best O Lines in football and he did not exactly light the board up either.

Obviosly as stated before not seen NCAA Football so just dont know how good the QBs are but if we get it wrong we are screwed for anothr 5 to 10 years
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 21, 2010 10:37 PM GMT
Clausen should be the no. 1 pick by a country mile I can't imagine why anyone would consider Bradford ahead of him, but that's the Rams for you. Aside Peyton he's the best QB prospect in modern history and Shanahan WILL draft him if he's available.

The Bucs probably won't be able to pass on Suh, but if they do he will drop out of the top 5. Unbelieveable really, but teams with the best picks have greater needs in other areas i.e. Lions/Okung
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 21, 2010 10:40 PM GMT

LondonLawman 21 Mar 20:25
Draft the best player, if Redskins have a chance to take Suh got to snap him up or hope someone will trade up for him.

No point having / drafting a QB with no O Line to block for him, did not work well for Lions last season did it and the Jets have one of the best O Lines in football and he did not exactly light the board up either.

Obviosly as stated before not seen NCAA Football so just dont know how good the QBs are but if we get it wrong we are screwed for anothr 5 to 10 years

then how are you even commenting on this thread? if you watched, and I take it you're a skins fan, you're salivating at a clausen/shanahan partnership
Report LondonLawman March 22, 2010 6:29 PM GMT
Because we dont get NCAA football, not on the Chanells I got in the UK. And because I live in a free country where I can walk down any high street in any town or city and go into numerous bookies and express my opinion either with hot air or cash.
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 23, 2010 12:26 AM GMT
my point is, as a redskins fan, how can you have any opinion on the draft if you have no idea of the players involved?

nevermind, but don't you dare be disappointed if you get clausen, kiss the ground and praise your god/buddah/allah
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer March 25, 2010 8:54 AM GMT
Very interesting draft coming up and it looks like the rams take bradford unless they cut a deal for mcnabb and then they could take suh.
The lions should be taking a left tackle,should but then again suh wouldnt surprise here either but they'd be fools to miss out on okung in a division that contains some pretty fierce pass rushing.
Report d13phe March 27, 2010 12:37 PM GMT
i reckon they will all be lured by Suh
Report History Maker March 27, 2010 2:07 PM GMT
It all slightly depends on who you think might come through in the next few years. You've got a slightly strange situation in that both Suh and McCoy are once in every 5 year DTs, in fact Suh maybe once every ten years (ie you'd only expect there to be such a good prospect that often), yet they've both turned up in the same year.

I'm afraid I didn't see enough of Okung to know how good he is, but my suspicion is that the Lions might take Suh, and move for a really top drawer LT next year. I just don't think they'll be able to resist the lure of a guy who's made such waves. I have no idea what Okung's personality is like, and there are never any guarantees about which players will settle into the NFL, but in terms of level-headedness, Suh looks practically bombproof.
Report Ace High March 27, 2010 3:55 PM GMT
Suh could be this years Aaron Curry. Everybody talking him up as the 'risk free' pick that turns out to be pretty dissapointing...yeh yeh, I know its only been a year...
Report FORZA AS ROMA March 27, 2010 4:15 PM GMT
Of the QB's, there are two good QB's(Clausen & Bradford) Id rate Clausen as the better of the two but with QB's its all about where they land.

There are no real stand out 3 down RB's. I like Spiller but just dont think he is a 3 down back. Matthews might be the best of the bunch.

The WR class is deep with only one real standout(Dez Bryant)and even he has his doubts.
McClain looks to be a great LB and I like Weatherspoon.
The one bust I can see is this Pierre-Paul kid just dont see it myself
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? March 27, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
the lions need to protect stafford, they will take okung

suh or mccoy to the bucs

if the rams draft mcnabb, serious possibility, then they can take suh, I really don't understand how they prefer bradford over clausen but it is the rams

clausen to the skins, if the rams somehow take him then they'll take bradford

if the bucs have the choice of mccoy or suh which is likely, it's amazing to think the one not picked won't even go top 5, but that's the case, and considering mccoy is a shoe in fit to their D system he could be the pick. it'd be amazing to see suh go 6
Report Lifetaker April 5, 2010 3:23 AM BST
The Browns acquired cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles for linebacker Alex Hall and two draft picks on Friday. The fourth- and fifth-round selections are the Nos. 105 and 137 overall in this month's three-day draft.
Report LondonLawman April 5, 2010 5:03 AM BST
Check it Out McNabb to Redskins, so we wont be taking a QB then, either Okung or Suh whichever is there!
Report DoggyLFC April 6, 2010 11:15 PM BST
FORZA AS ROMA 27 Mar 17:15
Of the QB's, there are two good QB's(Clausen & Bradford) Id rate Clausen as the better of the two but with QB's its all about where they land.

There are no real stand out 3 down RB's. I like Spiller but just dont think he is a 3 down back. Matthews might be the best of the bunch.

The WR class is deep with only one real standout(Dez Bryant)and even he has his doubts.
McClain looks to be a great LB and I like Weatherspoon.
The one bust I can see is this Pierre-Paul kid just dont see it myself

Whilst I agree with some of that, you can't just judge this Draft on the first round or the offensive talent.

The defensive class from top to bottom is utterly tremendous - the DT class is as good as I've seen it (think back to the 2001 class - this is even better than that IMO) and you're going to see guys getting drafted in round two and three who are first round talents in their own right.

Same for DE. Derrick Morgan is an animal, and then there's JPP, Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen, Carlos Dunlap, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes - all legit first round talents. Move in to round two and you're looking at Koa Misi, Austen Lane, Jason Worilds, Ricky Sapp, Corey Wotton......it's mental.

Go to the corners - Haden, Wilson, McCourty, Jackson, Robinson, Ghee, Cook, Franks, Spievey, Owusu-Ansah - all first or second rounders.

Safeties - Berry, Thomas, Mays (BUST IN WAITING!), Allen, Chad Jones, Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett - again all first or second round picks.

Granted the linebackers don't quite have that sort of early potential (McClain, Weatherspoon, maybe Washington), but if you drop down a round or two, the depth is unreal.

And that's the same for the offense.

The OT class is deep from top to bottom, although the OG and Centers and aren't great at the top. The WR class after the first round is amazing, there's some immense value to be had - Damien Williams, Demaryius Thomas, Mardy Gilyard, Andre Roberts, Jeremy Williams, Carlton Mitchell, all with second round grades. The RB's get past those first couple and you're looking at the likes of Ben Tate, Jonathan Dwyer, Montario Hardesty, Toby Gerhart, Anthony Dixon....

The TE class - mamma mia. I could spend an hour talking about it.

Even the QB class is pretty good in the middle rounds and after. Dan LeFevour, Jarrett Brown, John Skelton, Jonathan Crompton, Tony Pike, Tim Hiller.

I love this Draft class. Personally.
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? April 7, 2010 10:04 PM BST
I can't believe the browns are getting clausen lol, he was the no. 1 pick up until a few weeks ago, and I still think he's a far better talent than bradford

the lions are utterly mad if they don't draft okung
Report eye_iz_ere April 8, 2010 3:57 PM BST
Some talk Clausen will not make the first half of the first round of the draft.
Report the nugget April 8, 2010 7:21 PM BST
I think Clausen will make it to the Seahawks unsure as to whether it will be there first or second first round pick.
Report Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? April 9, 2010 12:46 AM BST
if the browns don't take him, the bills definitely will
Report the nugget April 9, 2010 12:59 AM BST
cant see the Bills taking him, Ralph Wilson wont want shell out the cash that a top ten pick QB earns. They are one of the most interested teams in Tebow, could see them taking him in the second round.
Report DoggyLFC April 10, 2010 9:56 PM BST
Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss? 07 Apr 22:04
I can't believe the browns are getting clausen lol, he was the no. 1 pick up until a few weeks ago, and I still think he's a far better talent than bradford

the lions are utterly mad if they don't draft okung

I don't think the Browns want a first round QB. They've traded for Seneca Wallace who's a steady hand at least, and they're paying Jake Delhomme $7M next year, so he will be the starter. I think they'll look at a developmental prospect in the third round or so.

As for the Lions, I don't see it now. They traded for Rob Sims (LG from Seattle), meaning Backus (who's not that bad really) will stay at LT.

They have to take Suh.
Report DoggyLFC April 10, 2010 9:57 PM BST
eye_iz_ere 08 Apr 15:57
Some talk Clausen will not make the first half of the first round of the draft.

He's not getting past the Bills at #9 IMO.

I think someone will trade up for him at #5.
Report DoggyLFC April 10, 2010 9:58 PM BST
the nugget 09 Apr 00:59
cant see the Bills taking him, Ralph Wilson wont want shell out the cash that a top ten pick QB earns. They are one of the most interested teams in Tebow, could see them taking him in the second round.

They're going to be paying whoever they take top 10 money - at least pay it to a player in a position that could be worth it.

And rumour is they like Tebow at #9.....
Report paulie bedders April 10, 2010 10:18 PM BST
I think Okung LLM is our boy
Report LondonLawman April 16, 2010 10:15 PM BST
I read the Browns want to trade up from No7 to No1 and get Bradford, the Rams might go for this Cant see a team from 2 through 6 going for a QB so they could get Clausen, though Seahawks might be a concern. Maybe trade a pick or 2 from Browns to jump back in at 4 and swap 7 to Redskinswho need more picks and should still get a good LOT!

I love the NFL even when not playing all the draft talk and possibilities are just great.

Same 16 games required but over a extended time frame say 3 or 4 bye weeks per team, but each Div should be off at the same time so you dont get important Div games when one team is coming off of a bye week.
Report Ace High April 17, 2010 1:11 AM BST
I cant see the browns trading up to 1...theyd have to give up waaaay too much...only the redskins would make a crazy move like that, and theyve got their boy at QB now.

I wish the bookies would hurry up and price up some some draft props. Not much around at the minute...im sure we had plenty more around this time last year...im guessing they got killed.
Report Lifetaker April 17, 2010 3:46 AM BST
London Lawman,
I love the NFL even when not playing all the draft talk and possibilities are just great.
Agree, Don't Realy Credit pre-season games, But as soon as regular season kick's off I look for VALUE in the BIG IMPROVER'S from last years UNDERDOG'S. This coming season there will be a few to look @ Chigcargo, Miami , Denver, Washington, Baltimore even Seattle & Carolina

And has there been some " INTERESTING Talk " Already.
Best of Luck to those " BETTING "
Report Lifetaker April 17, 2010 4:09 AM BST
This years DRAFT, Just Who will live up to their reputation & Other's Expectation's ?
Report LondonLawman April 17, 2010 12:21 PM BST
Anyone care to mention best top 3 or 10 ever drafted, which years and who
Report Nilsson Schmilsson April 17, 2010 12:27 PM BST
elway and dickerson were 1&2
Report Nilsson Schmilsson April 17, 2010 12:27 PM BST
elway and dickerson were 1&2
Report Nayim April 17, 2010 1:06 PM BST
Top 5 in 1989 was pretty decent bar the #2 pick

1. Troy Aikman
2. Tony Mandarich
3. Barry Sanders
4. Derrick Thomas
5. Deion Sanders
Report DoggyLFC April 17, 2010 1:25 PM BST
The best first round ever is probably the 1983 one - 6 HOF'ers, the best QB class of all time, 15 players who were Pro-Bowlers, and good players in their own right like Tony Eason, Willie Gault, Dave Rimington.

I think the 2004 class might push it eventually though.
Report DoggyLFC April 17, 2010 1:25 PM BST
Tony Mandarich "the best Offensive Tackle prospect of all time".

He he.
Report FORZA AS ROMA April 20, 2010 11:46 PM BST
Tebow is now well to short to go in 1st lump on the 2nd
Report FORZA AS ROMA April 20, 2010 11:49 PM BST
Lol someone is trying to back Tebow 1st round at evens when he is 5/2 at PP and 3.35 at uni
Report LondonLawman April 21, 2010 12:30 PM BST
How about the Lions take Haynseworth for there 3rd round pick which allows them then to take a OLT at No2
Report Ace High April 21, 2010 6:52 PM BST
Rumours abound that Tebow could go in the first.

Has to be Jacksonville or the Bills surely?....Longshot the vikes or pats..

Lots of storylines in the draft, thats for sure, especially with the big ben suspension.
Report the nugget April 21, 2010 7:08 PM BST
i wouldn't rule out the colts taking him either, although i think they will take the best available lineman available on either side of the ball.
Report Lifetaker April 22, 2010 1:31 AM BST
.. 24 ........, hr's
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com