Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d13phe
03 Mar 10 17:24
| Topic/replies: 22,897 | Blogger: d13phe's blog
Well the bookies price up Suh as heavy favourite which suprises me really as he doesnt really fit the No1 draft profile although he is a top player.

There was a lot of talk about Suh vs McCoy for the number 1 draft but all the NFL experts were talking McCoy up ahead of Suh for his ability to play the pass as well

Doesn't look like a QB will get it and there is no hope of Tebow getting it

i therefore think there is value in McCoy

Any thoughts?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 66
By:
Foxinthesnow
When: 03 Mar 10 18:05
I think a qb will go number 1, The Rams have to pick a qb, they have no choice. (Unless they get Macnabb, then I'll take everything back)
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 03 Mar 10 18:23
Adam Schefter has guaranteed the Rams will take Sam Bradford. Get on whilst you still can.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 03 Mar 10 18:25
d13phe 03 Mar 19:24
Well the bookies price up Suh as heavy favourite which suprises me really as he doesnt really fit the No1 draft profile although he is a top player.

There was a lot of talk about Suh vs McCoy for the number 1 draft but all the NFL experts were talking McCoy up ahead of Suh for his ability to play the pass as well

Doesn't look like a QB will get it and there is no hope of Tebow getting it

i therefore think there is value in McCoy

Any thoughts?

The media are talking crap. Suh is better than McCoy in all phases. If you're in any doubt, stick on the Texas v Nebraska game. Suh has just had an outstanding Combine too. If the Rams don't take Bradford, which they will, then Suh will be the pick.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 03 Mar 10 18:29
Consequently, the value in this is Suh being the second player drafted.

133/100 on here, in comparison to McCoy who is 3/10.

What is definitely worth a bet is laying Bradford or Clausen to be the second player chosen. The Lions don't need a QB, and short of a trade (which is highly unlikely due to the cost of trading up and the contract for the player), there will not be a QB picked second. Absolute banker.

In fact I could confidently lay all but three of those players for the second overall pick.
By:
Foxinthesnow
When: 03 Mar 10 18:36
I would have thought Clausen ahead of Bradford but I ain't going to get into a dispute with Adam Schefter, the man's rarely wrong.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 03 Mar 10 18:47
Fox, agreed on all counts.

Clausen is a better prospect than Bradford with less questions, and if I'm Billy Devaney I'm scribbling his name down on the 22nd April and handing it in.

But, Schefter is connected like no-one else. If he's willing to take any bet on it, then it's going to happen.
By:
LondonLawman
When: 03 Mar 10 20:51
I think the Teams need the following

1. Rams QB
2. Lions OT
3. Bucs ?
4. Skins OT

Take

1. Rams QB
2. Lions DT
3. Bucs ?
4. Skins Take whichever DT/OT is left or trade down
By:
d13phe
When: 03 Mar 10 20:55
imagine Suh and Haynesworth together

thats just scary imo

Redskins sitting pretty in this draft imo
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 03 Mar 10 21:43
Suh will not get to the Redskins. They need an OT anyway, if they don't take a QB.
By:
Ace High
When: 04 Mar 10 03:20
Who has prices on draft?
By:
Ace High
When: 04 Mar 10 08:49
2.4 for Suh to be drafted 2nd on here does look like a gift....but im gonna be greedy and waiting for the high street to price it up.

Rams have to take a QB at 1....suh is the logical pick, and logical bet at odds against.
By:
eye_iz_ere
When: 04 Mar 10 14:45
Surely if the Rams want a QB they may as well trade the No 1 pick for Tampa's No 3 pick and get a few more picks in later rounds?
By:
Ace High
When: 04 Mar 10 17:44
The Glazers?

Unlikely
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 06 Mar 10 10:40
eye_iz_ere 04 Mar 16:45
Surely if the Rams want a QB they may as well trade the No 1 pick for Tampa's No 3 pick and get a few more picks in later rounds?

Why would the Buccs trade up when they know that one of the two players they highly desire will fall to them? Crazy move. Sit tight and take whichever DT falls to you.
By:
eye_iz_ere
When: 06 Mar 10 10:59
Beacuse Tampa may be willing to give away a fourth round pick to get Suh rather than McCoy. On the other hand the Rams could worry about Detroit trading down and the Redskins trading up to get Bradford if they traded down to the number 3 pick.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 06 Mar 10 11:19
A fourth round pick? It's 800 points on the Trade Value Chart - that's a late first rounder. You'd be able to hear the laughing in St. Louis from here.

Suh is a great player, a truly great player - but McCoy is very very very very good himself.

Sit tight, take McCoy. Heck, Suh might fall yet of the Lions lose the plot and take Okung.
By:
DoggyLFC
When: 06 Mar 10 11:20
"if the", not of, FFS.
By:
LondonLawman
When: 08 Mar 10 09:13
Lions really should take Okung, all that money invested in Sttaford they really need a premier OLT to protect that investment, they could get a decade of productivity there.

What's the point draftin a QN no 1 and having spent all that money if he spends so much time not playing through injury or with his butt on the turf, which also means your true Star Talent Calvin Johnson one of the top 5 NFL receivere IMVHO becomes a non fact as well.

Lions could trade down to 5 and still get him I expect which as previous poster pointed out makes it hard for Rams to trade down.

I dont get to see the NCAA Football myself so dont know how good these 2 QBs are but as a Redskins fan I want us to take either of the DT or Okung.
By:
mr milk
When: 09 Mar 10 08:20
^ agree with all of that (besides the redskins fan bit :) )
By:
Ace High
When: 09 Mar 10 17:06
Wish the high street would price this up sooner....a certain irish bookie had a shocker last year with regards to his player match bets.
By:
Lifetaker
When: 11 Mar 10 02:58
Following is the updated 2010 NFL Draft first-round order. The first round will start on Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 PM CT with the second and third rounds on Friday, April 23 at 5:00 PM CT followed by rounds 4-7 on Saturday, April 24 at 9:00 AM ET.

#
Club
Win
Loss
Tie
Win Pct.
Strength of Sched.
Opp. Record

St. Louis

Detroit

Tampa Bay

Washington

Kansas City

Seattle

Cleveland

Oakland

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Denver (from Chi.)

Miami

San Francisco

Seattle (from Den.)

N.Y. Giants

Tennessee

San Fran. (from Car.)

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Houston

Cincinnati

New England

Green Bay

Philadelphia

Baltimore

Arizona

Dallas

San Diego

N.Y. Jets

Minnesota

Indianapolis

New Orleans
By:
LondonLawman
When: 18 Mar 10 08:26
Wow see my post dated 8th March, NFL Pundits are now talking that Lions may draft Okung, makes total sense, you need to protect last years investment, who throws to your best player Calvin.

Pundits think Lions move for a free agent DT shows thy will not be drafting that position. Hell this would really open the draft up and make Redskins pick at 4 tough, take the QB thats left over or get whichever of the 2 DT who will be left on the board, though I seem to think I read Redskins were going 3-4 next season.

You got to love the NFL draft, really keeps you interested, season is dead from after draft day tell training camps open up, thank God for the World Cup.
By:
beanmeister
When: 18 Mar 10 17:31
Lawman - excellent points - but you don't need to draft a QB now, you got REX!!
By:
LondonLawman
When: 18 Mar 10 21:01
OMFG Rex Grossman, what is this a charity donation the guy is a complete bust as a QB!
By:
Whyyy..ssoooo...sssseriouss?
When: 21 Mar 10 02:59
the lions and bucs aren't gtd to take suh if he falls to them, they both have greater needs, though one of them will probably take him odds would say

if I could bet on him not being drafted in the top 5 anywhere, I would, because it could realistically happen
By:
Ace High
When: 21 Mar 10 13:14
Skins have to take a QB, no use drafting OL when you have a wagon like Campbell to protect.

Sick of seeing Campbells nonchalant one week 1 seem good-2 weeks seem like a zombie nonsense...its made the redskins embarssing to support.

Bring Clausen in.
By:
When: 21 Mar 10 13:26
shanahan is having orgasms over being able to draft clausen
By:
LondonLawman
When: 21 Mar 10 19:25
Draft the best player, if Redskins have a chance to take Suh got to snap him up or hope someone will trade up for him.

No point having / drafting a QB with no O Line to block for him, did not work well for Lions last season did it and the Jets have one of the best O Lines in football and he did not exactly light the board up either.

Obviosly as stated before not seen NCAA Football so just dont know how good the QBs are but if we get it wrong we are screwed for anothr 5 to 10 years
By:
When: 21 Mar 10 22:37
Clausen should be the no. 1 pick by a country mile I can't imagine why anyone would consider Bradford ahead of him, but that's the Rams for you. Aside Peyton he's the best QB prospect in modern history and Shanahan WILL draft him if he's available.

The Bucs probably won't be able to pass on Suh, but if they do he will drop out of the top 5. Unbelieveable really, but teams with the best picks have greater needs in other areas i.e. Lions/Okung
By:
When: 21 Mar 10 22:40

LondonLawman 21 Mar 20:25
Draft the best player, if Redskins have a chance to take Suh got to snap him up or hope someone will trade up for him.

No point having / drafting a QB with no O Line to block for him, did not work well for Lions last season did it and the Jets have one of the best O Lines in football and he did not exactly light the board up either.

Obviosly as stated before not seen NCAA Football so just dont know how good the QBs are but if we get it wrong we are screwed for anothr 5 to 10 years

then how are you even commenting on this thread? if you watched, and I take it you're a skins fan, you're salivating at a clausen/shanahan partnership
By:
LondonLawman
When: 22 Mar 10 18:29
Because we dont get NCAA football, not on the Chanells I got in the UK. And because I live in a free country where I can walk down any high street in any town or city and go into numerous bookies and express my opinion either with hot air or cash.
By:
When: 23 Mar 10 00:26
my point is, as a redskins fan, how can you have any opinion on the draft if you have no idea of the players involved?

nevermind, but don't you dare be disappointed if you get clausen, kiss the ground and praise your god/buddah/allah
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 25 Mar 10 08:54
Very interesting draft coming up and it looks like the rams take bradford unless they cut a deal for mcnabb and then they could take suh.
The lions should be taking a left tackle,should but then again suh wouldnt surprise here either but they'd be fools to miss out on okung in a division that contains some pretty fierce pass rushing.
By:
d13phe
When: 27 Mar 10 12:37
i reckon they will all be lured by Suh
By:
History Maker
When: 27 Mar 10 14:07
It all slightly depends on who you think might come through in the next few years. You've got a slightly strange situation in that both Suh and McCoy are once in every 5 year DTs, in fact Suh maybe once every ten years (ie you'd only expect there to be such a good prospect that often), yet they've both turned up in the same year.

I'm afraid I didn't see enough of Okung to know how good he is, but my suspicion is that the Lions might take Suh, and move for a really top drawer LT next year. I just don't think they'll be able to resist the lure of a guy who's made such waves. I have no idea what Okung's personality is like, and there are never any guarantees about which players will settle into the NFL, but in terms of level-headedness, Suh looks practically bombproof.
By:
Ace High
When: 27 Mar 10 15:55
Suh could be this years Aaron Curry. Everybody talking him up as the 'risk free' pick that turns out to be pretty dissapointing...yeh yeh, I know its only been a year...
By:
FORZA AS ROMA
When: 27 Mar 10 16:15
Of the QB's, there are two good QB's(Clausen & Bradford) Id rate Clausen as the better of the two but with QB's its all about where they land.

There are no real stand out 3 down RB's. I like Spiller but just dont think he is a 3 down back. Matthews might be the best of the bunch.

The WR class is deep with only one real standout(Dez Bryant)and even he has his doubts.
McClain looks to be a great LB and I like Weatherspoon.
The one bust I can see is this Pierre-Paul kid just dont see it myself
By:
When: 27 Mar 10 17:36
the lions need to protect stafford, they will take okung

suh or mccoy to the bucs

if the rams draft mcnabb, serious possibility, then they can take suh, I really don't understand how they prefer bradford over clausen but it is the rams

clausen to the skins, if the rams somehow take him then they'll take bradford

if the bucs have the choice of mccoy or suh which is likely, it's amazing to think the one not picked won't even go top 5, but that's the case, and considering mccoy is a shoe in fit to their D system he could be the pick. it'd be amazing to see suh go 6
By:
Lifetaker
When: 05 Apr 10 02:23
The Browns acquired cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles for linebacker Alex Hall and two draft picks on Friday. The fourth- and fifth-round selections are the Nos. 105 and 137 overall in this month's three-day draft.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com