Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
J0KER
23 Jan 10 16:24
| Topic/replies: 4,295 | Blogger: J0KER's blog
WHEN THE COLTS HAVE THE BALL

This is the big matchup in the game how the Jets cope with the Surgeon at QB.

The Colts running game is pretty awefull and definately cannot win the game for the Colts.. if they win it will be on the back of Manning passing that is a given.

Key matchups here are Revis v Wayne.

Revis is more than capable of closing Reggie out 1 on 1 as he has proved all year. I think he will play Reggie 1 on 1 most of the day as the Jets like to play man coverage having 2 very good Corners.

The Colts lack of rushing attack will enable the Jets to drop 7 into coverage most of the game unless the Colts can prove they can run the ball.. ( doubtfull in the extreme )

If the Jets are ably to drop 7 I believe they will double Dallas Clarke and tak him out of the game as best they can.

If Revis is able to handle Reggie as I believe he can then Manning will have to look to his check downs more often than usual.

The Jets front 7 is very strong v the run and the linebackers are great dropping into coverage. In Vilma they have a sideline to sideline man who runs the D.

I am certain the Colts will try and challenge the Jets run D early just to see how they defend it.. ie do they play it quite soft as in read and react as opposed to run blitzing or keepint thier linebackers close to the line of sccrimage.. if they do then look to Manning to find his backup tight end or his rookie reciever between the safety's and linebackers with mid range passes.

It will be a great matchup between manning and the Jets defensive coaches.. look to the Jets to throw in a couple of Corner blitzes ( something they rarely do ) and delayed blitzes.

WHEN THE JETS HAVE THE BALL.

Its simple here really.. STOP THE RUN.

Easier said than done with this fantastic offensive line and a couple of real bangers at RB.

Faneca and Fureson are studs in the line and the 2 rb's Shon Green and T Jones are awesome on tandem.. they proved against a very good San Diego team that they will stick with the run and be patient.

The colts are built to rush the passer with Robert Mathis and D Freeney but not so vs the run.

Look for the Jets to attack these ends with plenty of off tacle runs in a bid to wear down the undersizes defence. D Woody at tackle is a great run blocker as is furgesin with faneca adding a nasty streak so I think the Jets WILL get success here.

I doubt the Jets will pass more than 12- 14 times if the game is close so the pass rush will not be a real factor. The Colts safety's will need to play well in run defence support her and will have to play close to the line.. The Jets will deffo take a couple of shote to Braylon ( should be Teflon ) Edwards..if he can actually hold on to one i wouldnt be supplrised to see a dropped coverage and a long TD there.

I think the weakness of the Colts D is the linebacking corps.. if the jets can get thier blockers into that second level then they could keep Manning off the field for long periods of the game rusulting in quite a low scoring game.

For me this will not be the blowout alot of people are expecting as the Jets D is just about as good as it gets.

Manning's patience will be tested here.

I hope you all enjoy the game.. and remember these are just my oppinions.

GL all with your bets :)
Pause Switch to Standard View Colts v Jets Preview
Show More
Report FORZA AS ROMA January 23, 2010 6:53 PM GMT
You expect the Jets to drop 7 men in coverage often???Also you think the Colts linebackers are the biggest problem???Gary Brackett is their best defencive player and Session and Wheeler are no slouches. The main weakness is the 2 DT they are just poor. The Colts have improved massivly against the run as ive said all along, and I said they would hold R Rice but not many believed. I just cant see the Jets scoring over 14 points and that just wont cut it. The Jets Defences is good but its held in place from the blitz. If Manning can get any time the Safety play is poor
Report d13phe January 23, 2010 9:17 PM GMT
Colts will run the ball enough to keep the Jets D honest
Report big-game-player January 23, 2010 10:23 PM GMT
31 - 14 for the colts... manning to lead the charge to the superbowl for the colts here and will cut the jets apart.. i also think they will go to wayne much more than people think...
Report OVERSEAS January 23, 2010 10:50 PM GMT
Going to keep it simple...pre game win bet spread around the books (fixed odds) on the Colts to win the game..no trading at all..nice dinner and am happy to make around 30% on my money...have enjoyed watching the Jets but at home and with Manning...2/7 is value..
Report RescueMe. January 24, 2010 12:14 AM GMT
I think the bet of the weekend is under 19.5 pts in the first half at Even money.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS
Report Live Forever January 24, 2010 11:06 AM GMT
Some decent thoughts. I doubt Vilma will contribute much to the Jets defence today though, unless they've found a time machine
Report Gazzy January 24, 2010 12:44 PM GMT
J E T S JETS JETS JETS
Report ManWithNoName January 24, 2010 1:08 PM GMT
I had a real soft spot for the Colts in the winless days long past, but there is something about Manning that irritates me.

Conversely, I can't help but like Rex Ryan.

Wanna have a bet - and so gotta back the Jets.

I hope Sanchez can manage the game, but I also know Freeney could ruin everything.
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 3:36 PM GMT
Indy/Indy at 1.78 my main bet
Report J0KER January 24, 2010 3:48 PM GMT
I do expect the Jets to drop 7 as the run game is so icipid. As for Brackett being the best Defensive player :^0 imo

Mathis , Sanders and Freeney are all better imo...but like I said its about oppinions.. just coz you say the Colts are getting better vs the run v don,t make it true ;)

Jets to score 14 imo and jets to play alot of 7 man coverage that is 1.01 imo
Report Dave89 January 24, 2010 3:49 PM GMT
What odds on Vilma suiting up for the Jets?
Report J0KER January 24, 2010 3:53 PM GMT
Haven't checked the latest team news yet. He is key for the Jets imo
Report skyblues January 24, 2010 3:55 PM GMT
Do us a favour mate and check the team news for vilma playing for jets if he plays im making a complaint to the nfl.
Report Dave89 January 24, 2010 3:55 PM GMT
:^0
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 4:06 PM GMT
vilma wont be playing for anybody, shes currently filming scooby doo 4
Report Kingmambo January 24, 2010 4:23 PM GMT
is this a wind-up?
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:20 PM GMT
£250k laying the Colts

**k me
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 5:23 PM GMT
wow. probably a bookie thats layed the jets a 3/1
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:24 PM GMT
its £450 k now

never seen so much live money on betfair

let alone NFL
Report Valueee Seeeker January 24, 2010 5:25 PM GMT
makes you wonder if someone knows something....
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:26 PM GMT
its making me wonder

thats serious money

it cant be a UK bookie
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 5:27 PM GMT
well it obviously isnt a pro gambler or theyd know that putting all that money up at once is only likely to push the price against them. unless thats what they want so they can back the colts at a higher price. not the best of strategies though.
Report Sexual Harassment Panda January 24, 2010 5:28 PM GMT
follow zee money
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:28 PM GMT
hope its not the ref or NFL comissioner

or in fact Peyton

that is worryingly serious money though
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2010 5:29 PM GMT
lol value seeker...what do u reckon someone knows??peyton to throw 4 picks?
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2010 5:29 PM GMT
dodgy zebras my bet
Report Benrik January 24, 2010 5:29 PM GMT
which market is this happening in?
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:30 PM GMT
Colts/Jets Match odds
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 5:30 PM GMT
doesnt mean anything. if they knew something theyd be laying at a lot higher than 1.29. seriously if you knew manning was injured or whatever else would you stick it up at 1.29 or wipe out all the way to 1.33??
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:32 PM GMT
It could be a pro

Colts price has come in a lot over the past week

perhaps they took an early price
Report Valueee Seeeker January 24, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
Harry... i think anyone can be tempted to have an off game with significant influence on the result for a price.

Doubt it though... My guess would be some idiot with more money than sense is trying to do something like move a price but as someone already said - bad strategy!
Report skyblues January 24, 2010 5:34 PM GMT
Joker
Vilma starts mate lump on.
Report d13phe January 24, 2010 5:34 PM GMT
maybe the coin toss will be rigged ;)

watch out for the jets receiving :)
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
in a way im hoping for some good games tonight as playoffs have been blow-outs...on the other hand i wouldnt mind the colts and vikes blowing these teams away ;)
Report HARRY22 January 24, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
has harvin travelled??anyone know?
Report skyblues January 24, 2010 5:37 PM GMT
They know vilma is playing so the money is coming in for the jets. Thats where the big lump came from.
Report cunnybobbler January 24, 2010 5:38 PM GMT
not enough money matched on the market for it to be a trade. my guess is theyre just doing it to get as much layed as possible then when it pushes the price out back them back for a profit. they must know 400k isnt gonna matched, when money like that goes up nobody wants to touch it.
Report Valueee Seeeker January 24, 2010 5:38 PM GMT
I think the second game will be the more entertaining - will see lots of points.

First game will be more about D and Manning being tested - Colts to win, but no blow out, I would say they win by less than 14
Report claimingseven January 24, 2010 5:40 PM GMT
Harvin def travelled has had this migraine problem for most of the season on and off but he has been playing through it although he has been sitting out practice.

Something they are going to look at in the offseason.
Report claimingseven January 24, 2010 5:45 PM GMT
Barring a late-day setback, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is expected to play in Sunday's NFC Championship Game despite suffering from migraine headaches last week, sources tell ESPN.

The Vikings coaching staff and quarterback Brett Favre expect Harvin will play Sunday, team sources tell ESPN's Ed Werder. The rookie suffered intense migraines that caused him to miss two days of practice.

Harvin participated in the team's final practice and meetings Saturday and traveled with the team to New Orleans for Sunday's game against the Saints.

Three Vikings starting defensive linemen -- Ray Edwards, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams -- are also expected to be available.

Harvin, the AP's offensive rookie of the year, missed practice Thursday and was told by coach Brad Childress to remain home Friday. Childress said the missed practice time could not be made up and called the situation "less than ideal."

One source told Werder on Saturday that Harvin's symptoms were less severe but that the problem still lingers.

Harvin has dealt with the issue throughout the season and missed one game, a Dec. 13 victory over Cincinnati.

Harvin has 60 receptions for 790 yards and six touchdowns. He has also carried the ball 15 times for 135 yards and returned 42 kicks for 1,156 yards and two scores.
Report J0KER January 24, 2010 6:34 PM GMT
Whatever the score... lets hope for a good game all.. I have NO bets on this game and have only a £100 bet on the Vikes @ 11 left my bet on the Cowboys went last week.
Report thurnscoe thunder January 24, 2010 6:52 PM GMT
Last week i think the San Diego passing game was cutting the Jets D to pieces, in the first 23 mins or so, it baffled me why they went into their shell trying to run which they just never looked to be doing effectively from the first play.

By the time the Jets had got their offence in gear the game should have been out of the question, then SD had to try and turn it on again passing, which they struggled to do, even though they grabbed the TD with 2 mins or so to go.

Similar story tonight with a passing game the priority, and i just cant see Indy reverting to a conservative game plan, if their Offence is on top early, i would expect them to rub the salt in, and have the game sown up by the half, and keep the Jets QB under pressure and off balance, especially with the noise factor.

SD blew it big style last week for me, game should have been over before they went conservative, 7 pts is never enough to start changing your play style. The Jets got into a stride late on, and made them pay.
Report J0KER January 24, 2010 7:52 PM GMT
I doubt the Jets will pass more than 12- 14 times if the game is close so the pass rush will not be a real factor. The Colts safety's will need to play well in run defence support her and will have to play close to the line.. The Jets will deffo take a couple of shote to Braylon ( should be Teflon ) Edwards..if he can actually hold on to one i wouldnt be supplrised to see a dropped coverage and a long TD there.

Got that bit right.. the Colts will think twice about stacking the line now
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com