Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wanna_b_pro
15 Oct 09 16:58
| Topic/replies: 71 | Blogger: wanna_b_pro's blog
Peyton for me, Brady inherited great team and even better coaching!!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View TOM BRADY or PEYTON MANNING
Show More
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 3:11 PM BST
Nice point tom thats what Id expect from you
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:14 PM BST
another debate broken down into personal insults, cant accepts the facts
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 3:15 PM BST
Well in post-seasons games defence can shut teams down, the point is when tom is shut down he has more of a team around him to carry Peyton doesnt
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 3:17 PM BST
Ok so scoring 3 points in 1 game makes you a badd football player , shows what you know. Must be a soccer converter
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:22 PM BST
insults again

is that a standard reply for someone who cant find anything to back up his argument?
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:23 PM BST
What a surprise,Tom arguing and talking dross again.
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 3:24 PM BST
Tom Petty is God 16 Oct 15:22

insults again

is that a standard reply for someone who cant find anything to back up his argument?

YOUR POINT IS HE ONLY SCORED 3 POINTS.
WELL DONE BIGGEST FOOL ON THE NA FORUM
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:24 PM BST
dross now = facts ???????
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:26 PM BST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Manning#Playoff_records

link 5.6.2
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:27 PM BST
and your point roma is what ?
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:27 PM BST
You go around arguing on almost every thread you go on,a toilet of the highest order.
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 3:28 PM BST
ARE YOU RETARDED OR JUST STUPID? Its not only QB's that win games and tom has a better defence. Do you always do this I think I know all act , when you only joined this forum afew months back
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:29 PM BST
few months back :D
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:31 PM BST
mehmet j mook 16 Oct 16:27
You go around arguing on almost every thread you go on,a toilet of the highest order.

what started as a civilised discussion was not turned into an argument by me, i only correct an error
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:35 PM BST
almost every thread i look at on the NA forum you are on there arguing with someone,trying to force your opinion on them,you could have just answered the question with a simple"brady" if you thought he was better but you didnt.

Tom petty isnt god at all tom petty is **e.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:37 PM BST
so i should just let roma spread lies on the forum ?
Report Scruggles- October 16, 2009 3:39 PM BST
i think a key fact in this argument (brady or manning, not tom and roma ;-) ) is that when the Pats were quite dominant over the colts at the start of Tom's career it had a lot to do with massive D plays (goal line stands, Willie Mcginest, etc), however, recently the Colts have had the upper hand due to Peyton playing really well in key situations.

I love Brady and all the great times he's helped bring to the franchise but to say he is better than Peyton is in-accurate. Would i swap Brad for Manning? Never, but that doesn't mean that Brady is better, he is just better suited to the team he plays in.
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:42 PM BST
why do you care,not as if hes telling people he bummed you in 2005!!!!

You go around causing arguments everywhere,a sad idiot.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:46 PM BST
to protect the easily influenced people who will believe anything they read

it's my service to the forum but sadly the opinion that is read first is the one that is believed even if it is accompanied by an inaccurate statement of fact
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:48 PM BST
no,people can think for themselves and are allowed an opinion,not everyone has to think the same as you.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:48 PM BST
and i thought the whole point of a forum was to have discussion, not to state your opinion as fact and that be the end of it
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 3:52 PM BST
you always tell people they are wrong and that your right,i dont know a great deal about the nfl and dont pretend too but from what i have seen i think manning is the better of the 2 and i dont care 1 jot that you think brady is better,thats your opinion and thats fair enough,even idiots are entitled to an opinion.
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 3:53 PM BST
Tom Petty why dont you stick to your silly little Sienfeld quizzes or whatever it is that you do with your sad little life.

Again, i log on to a thread to see you forcing an opinion on someone.

What a complete rectum.

I think Brady is better, always have, probably always will, but i dont force it on anyone that thinks manning is better in the same way that people may like you, i dont, i think your probably a middle aged, fat, lazy, workshy buffoon gimp, but again, thats my opinion.

Also, the forum does not need you to do a service to it, well, maybe one... go away.

That is all.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 3:54 PM BST
yes you are
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 3:54 PM BST
Tom Petty is God 16 Oct 16:48
and i thought the whole point of a forum was to have discussion, not to state your opinion as fact and that be the end of it

it is.

Yet you seem to think your opinion is the be all and end all.

it isnt.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 4:00 PM BST
should i make fun of someone's disfigurement instead ?
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 4:02 PM BST
no,just go away.
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 4:02 PM BST
if you like, i dont really care.

Maybe if you state on here he doesnt have a neck like a strung up turkey and it will disappear, after all, your are god.
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 4:04 PM BST
am i ?

Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 4:05 PM BST
In your own little jumped up opinion yes.

In everyone elses your a freeloading little urinal.
Report mehmet j mook October 16, 2009 4:06 PM BST
tevez's turkey neck 16 Oct 17:05

In your own little jumped up opinion yes.

In everyone elses your a freeloading little urinal

:) :) :) :) :)
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 4:11 PM BST
FORZA AS ROMA 16 Oct 16:28
ARE YOU RETARDED OR JUST STUPID? Its not only QB's that win games and tom has a better defence. Do you always do this I think I know all act , when you only joined this forum afew months back

colts average D ranking from 01-07 = 16
Pats = 14

despite the colts playing indoors which is more conducive to high scoring football the pats D ranks only just better,
so it was having a very marginally better D that won 2 more superbowls,

looks like i was wrong :(
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 4:16 PM BST
Roethlisberger won the superbowl once, Marino never.
Does that make Roethlisberger better then?
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 4:17 PM BST
*twice ;-)
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 4:17 PM BST
ask again when he's done
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 4:18 PM BST
What lie have I spinned??
Report tevez's turkey neck October 16, 2009 4:19 PM BST
no. not waiting around for ten years to finish this argument.

You will still be on here though, you are on 24/7 nearly, go get a wife/husband/life
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 4:21 PM BST
lie was perhaps a bit harsh

saying brady inherited a good team was not true
Report FORZA AS ROMA October 16, 2009 4:23 PM BST
It was , just because teams dont win doesnt means it isnt a good team or have a good system in place
Report orioles October 16, 2009 5:09 PM BST
Driving, in your own half, a score down, with 90 seconds on the clock?

Manning, for me.

If you'd like to see another interesting QB discussion ... http://www.goteamsgo.com/forum/football-forums/662-5-best-nfl-quarterbacks-o...
Report Ace High October 16, 2009 5:30 PM BST
if we are going from superbowls big ben is better than manning when it matters??

CORRECT
Report HowieTheRookie. October 16, 2009 6:15 PM BST
Overall I think they are still pretty much equal, however this season Peyton is looking far better than everyone. I think Manning could move ahead of Brady if wins the Superbowl in February
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 6:21 PM BST
maybe howie

which team are you in the nfl.com league i got you in?
Report sparkygayle October 16, 2009 8:56 PM BST
Peyton best all-round QB in the game - no question imho.
Report Max Cady October 16, 2009 9:19 PM BST
Brady by miles
Report Onionss October 16, 2009 10:10 PM BST
Matt Hesslebeck ;)

In all seriousness, grow up, jesus.
Report runandskip October 16, 2009 10:37 PM BST
i love Tom Petty :x
Report Tom Petty is God October 16, 2009 10:42 PM BST
:) ty
Report HARRY22 October 16, 2009 11:45 PM BST
Ace High 16 Oct 18:30

if we are going from superbowls big ben is better than manning when it matters??

CORRECT

patriots fan always biased
Report HowieTheRookie. October 16, 2009 11:56 PM BST
maybe howie

which team are you in the nfl.com league i got you in?

Superbowl Saints in NFL
Team Poole on ESPN (joint top :))
Report Ace High October 17, 2009 8:09 AM BST
Not a pats fan..I just deal in facts.

2 1
Report DoggyLFC October 17, 2009 9:28 AM BST
wanna_b_pro 15 Oct 18:58
Peyton for me, Brady inherited great team and even better coaching!!!!

Ye gads.

Hands up all those who have no clue about American Football before the previous couple of seasons - yes, that includes you fella.
Report Tom Petty is God October 17, 2009 11:21 AM BST
dont doggy, i pointed this out and got massive abuse
Report wanna_b_pro October 17, 2009 5:34 PM BST
Yup Tom & Doggy fair play, i wish i had re-phrased my opening statement a bit better. I didn't realise the response and everyone would go mad on here LoL (I've only just read the thread).

I should have put. That IMO Brady was given a better chance to succeed!!!, mainly because of the great coaching (Indy's coaching is good too but Pats' is better). Also had a very successful Defence to help, so even when he has his off days they can still win. IMO average QB's (I am not saying Brady is average - far from it!!) can win many games and even superbowl's with good/great Defence (Orton in Denver?) and NE has had better D than Indy. IMO Defence is more important than Offence.

However Peyton continues to break record after record and still has broken many play-off records and will continue to do so for years to come.I think a lot of people's selections may have been recently enhanced because Manning is playing awesome atm.

Maybe the Indy D is underated because they have a lot of pressure put on them game after game. Manning can sometimes scores so quickly that it puts a lot of pressure on the D. IMO no one can run an offence and move up the field in a 2-minute drill like Peyton!! Peyton is head and shoulders above the current crop at this!

And yes i have only been watchin for 3yrs, so maybe i have an inexperienced opinion, but hey i've read the stats and i'm intilted to my view and i respect yours (but i don't agree!!!).

Anyways C'Mon the VIKINGS - Superbowl ere we come!!!!!!!!
Report tevez's turkey neck October 17, 2009 5:59 PM BST
Nobody is having a go at your opinion, its the fact you state it and then expect everyone else to agree.

I have said before, you are not the be all and end all.

People ARE allowed a different opinion to you.

Cretin.
Report Tom Petty is God October 17, 2009 7:30 PM BST
having read this thread the abuse i have received is totally unfounded

i have not tried to force my opinion on anyone, i simply corrected the statement that brady inherited a good team as it simply was not true. since that 3 people decided to pick an argument with me, not me with them
Report mehmet j mook October 17, 2009 8:53 PM BST
your arguing now,you do it almost everyday,i often look at a thread on the NA forum and your arguing or trying to make someone look stupid,your a n0b.
Report Tom Petty is God October 17, 2009 8:58 PM BST
ok, now i am not allowed to defend myself ?

wont bother then
Report mehmet j mook October 17, 2009 8:59 PM BST
good
Report tevez's turkey neck October 17, 2009 9:01 PM BST
im not picking an argument.

I am telling you that your opinion is not the only one that matters, not just on this thread, on almost every single one you are disagreeing with someone, just for the sake of it it appears at times.

You told someone not to bother attending the Pats Buccs game as the pats will have their second string on by half time.

They wont.

Yet you say your a 'helper' to the forum rewriting peoples wrongs as some people beleive everything they read.

You are just a cretin, full stop.

Get a life you sad, pathetic little man.
Report tevez's turkey neck October 17, 2009 9:03 PM BST
If you have read the thread you will clearly see that my answer to the original question is Brady, the same as you, no argument there.

Thats not my problem with you.
Report enjbenjy October 17, 2009 9:51 PM BST
I just asked 118118 and they said:

Peyton Manning. He was listed by the Sporting News as the No. 1 player in the NFL today.

FACT
Report Tom Petty is God October 17, 2009 9:56 PM BST
obsessed is turkey neck
Report tevez's turkey neck October 17, 2009 9:56 PM BST
im not.
Report Ace High October 19, 2009 12:19 AM BST
Brady shows his number 1 status again.

CLUTCH.
Report runandskip October 19, 2009 12:52 AM BST
yes he played the better of the two tonight ;)
Report Ace High October 19, 2009 2:14 AM BST
He is the GOAT
Report Ace High November 16, 2009 3:01 AM GMT
Brady Manning
Report Ace High November 16, 2009 3:02 AM GMT
No contest
Report graycm57 November 16, 2009 3:21 AM GMT
Joe Montana
Report robbing_ROBIN November 16, 2009 3:30 AM GMT
brady 3 rings
payton 1 ring

pretty much ends the thread
Report First and Goal at the One November 16, 2009 3:39 AM GMT
I LOVE MANNING!!!! CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Report Ace High November 16, 2009 3:47 AM GMT
Still a choker. Bad pats deicisions cost them, plain and simple
Report coney November 16, 2009 4:58 AM GMT
NBC asked all 20 living hall of fame quarterbacks, they voted:

Manning : 13.5
Brady : 2.5
4 abstained,

* Montana said he'd have brady in the 1st half and Peyton in the 2nd.

Hope this helps.
Report Saluting Darren Lockyer November 16, 2009 5:11 AM GMT
helps me more than the four who abstained,jeez how do you make the hof if you can't make a simple choice
Report Ace High November 16, 2009 5:36 AM GMT
Most who voted Manning probably bitter about Brady success.
Report HARRY22 November 16, 2009 9:10 AM GMT
Ace high like a broken record...Manning made the big throws when it counted last night...brady bottled the 4th down dumb ass call by bill
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2010 1:43 AM GMT
anyone still think manning ?
Report HARRY22 December 13, 2010 1:52 AM GMT
yes still manning...mannings regular season record is phenomenol over the past 5 or so seasons..no running game and still getting it done...brady has an excellent O line and these quick receivers that are ideal for his short passing...manning still king..no doubt about it
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 13, 2010 1:55 AM GMT
nutter [smiley:crazy]
Report wanna_b_pro December 13, 2010 8:34 PM GMT
Both great QB's and will go down among the top dozen of all time.

Still Manning for me aswell. No running game at all, teams just dropping 7/8 into coverage every down! Also the defense has played poorly with the likes of Bracket, Session, Hayden, Powers etc. all out injured for spells this year.

Below Average Defense and no running game, yet Manning has still managed to lead the Colts to a winning record. And if they beat the Jags then they are huge favs to win their division and make the play-offs! No other QB in the league could do that!
Report Harry Lime December 13, 2010 9:37 PM GMT
And how many QB's would have led the Pats out last night in that weather and delivered a precision demolition job only a season off a knee reconstruction or is that forgotten? Not Manning that is for sure...he has always played in a nice dome remember. There will always be a divide amongst these two but this forum has always had the ESPN, NFL Network mentality about the two ie the glamorous throwing arm of Manning means more. Ask some current players not in their Divisions and you will be surprised who favours Brady. I also know who sleeps better at night with their record in the game (and next to the lovely Giselle)seeing as both guys are ferocious competitors.

Much has been written on this and if you bother to dig for the more "intelligent" sportswriter you will find some insightful views and arguments. I happen to like this one (not that its the ultimate view)as it is written by the man who covers the Colts and Manning in Indy itself and is a well respected journalist in that town covering the Colts.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101121/SPORTS03/11210353/1034/SPORTS15

One thing I would add there is still a bit to be written about both QB's but as it stands right now history will be kinder to Brady imo..
Report the nugget December 13, 2010 9:50 PM GMT
Also worth noting, Manning doesn't have his coaches filming the opposition practising Defence. HTH
Report HARRY22 December 14, 2010 1:32 AM GMT
^^lol...bill is the main reason the pats have success
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 15, 2010 4:56 AM GMT
Ace High getting it right yet again.

That guy knows his stuff.
Report bristol county caravans December 19, 2010 4:20 PM GMT
Brady for me guys.
Saw him in the flesh, pure poetry.
Report Nilsson Schmilsson December 20, 2010 6:47 PM GMT
currently have exactly the same career qb rating

no contest really [;)]
Report Lori December 20, 2010 7:17 PM GMT
I think the season Cassell played for the Pats answers the question to some degree. though the question is pretty much impossible to answer, but if I had to pick one I'd take Manning because I think it's more likely.
Report HARRY22 December 20, 2010 10:25 PM GMT
lori that pats team with cassell would of been hard to stop if they had got in that season
Report Lori December 20, 2010 10:32 PM GMT
That's my point Harry. Cassel's no mug, but he was one of the best QBs in the NFL for a season when stuck behind the Pats line.
Report HARRY22 December 21, 2010 12:00 AM GMT
yes no doubt about it lori...knew what point you were making just thought i would add how good they were as a team....you look for a team with momentum and they certainly had it....when the pocket collapsed he made a lot of big plays rushing which thay have never had with brady.
Report incaseof December 21, 2010 12:12 AM GMT
Yeah that 07 and 08 O when Moss worked hard was incredible good, sure Cassel had a great season but they still lost 29 passing touchdowns and 1200yds from the 07 season with Cassel...and Brady was sacked 21 times 07, Cassel 47 times 08...
Report HARRY22 December 21, 2010 12:24 AM GMT
manning rarely gets sacked,i find mobile QBs get sacked a lot more as they dont need protecting as much as someone who isnt able to avoid a sack,rodgers and big ben most sacked QBs in the last few years,i take it cutler is streets ahead this year?
Report deepdale December 24, 2010 1:14 AM GMT
intersting what this debate would have been in 1998, ie manning v leaf. probably about 50/50 but if you're going to chuck money at a 21 yr old who buys a big house in la jolla and marries a charger cheerleader.......touch of the george best about it

Ryan Leaf.....the biggest never was in Sport.........EVER!!!!!
Report deepdale December 24, 2010 1:16 AM GMT
intersting
Report deepdale December 24, 2010 1:17 AM GMT
cannot spelllllllllllllllllll
Report The Prophet Of Profit December 24, 2010 1:34 AM GMT
First off, jamarcus russell was a bigger bust than Leaf.  And secondly, dont tarnish george bests name like that.  He led a team to the european cup.
Report Only-the-Brave December 24, 2010 1:45 AM GMT
think that brady is good, but would personally defo say that peyton is the better qb of the 2.
Report stringy December 26, 2010 9:46 PM GMT
Manning is in decline. Gotta be Brady.
Report cunnybobbler December 26, 2010 10:39 PM GMT
Mannington every time. in decline my arse.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com