Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
posy
19 Sep 14 11:47
| Topic/replies: 13,990 | Blogger: posy's blog
There's something about the man which really repulses me;not sure what it is about him that irritates me other than his ridiculous earrings and now stated fondness for tattoos. He always seems to be whining about something or other and gives the impression of a huge chip on his shoulder.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do I find it impossible to like...
Show More
Report Platini November 2, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
snap.

can't put my finger on it but he's thoroughly unlikeable.

and I don't even like or watch motorsports Crazy
Report Zazu November 4, 2014 8:48 PM GMT
Does lots of things that annoy me. Top probably being him 'keeping it real' and just being a poor guy from Stevenage. Been a McCartney scholar since he was a kid and flies round in a private jet whilstnwearing jewellery that costs more than most people earn in a lifetime.

However, his main problem is the British media and his fanboys.
Mercedes this year is stupidly dominant in qually and race trim.  Without mechanical problems and crashing into each other they'd have 1-2d every race easily.
Report Zazu November 4, 2014 8:49 PM GMT
Mclaren scholar*
Report Burton-Brewers November 5, 2014 8:54 AM GMT
I liked him when he first appeared on the scene, but now like many others I cannot stand him or his girlfriend.
Report Zazu November 6, 2014 11:17 AM GMT
Ditto

Also, If I had a quid for everytime he mentioned senna in an interview I'd probably be richer than him.
Report fkqmz November 6, 2014 1:44 PM GMT
nice to see we've developed some common sense over the last 5 years. hate to say i told you so Wink
Report GREEDISGOOD November 8, 2014 1:33 PM GMT
because he's black and full of s***?
Report dom888 November 8, 2014 3:54 PM GMT
Great odds at B36five.
Hamilton and Rosberg both 1.9 to win qualifying. So if you dutch them you automatically lose Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven November 20, 2014 2:06 AM GMT
He did grow up a lot poorer and had to work a lot harder to get where he is that Nico my dad got me here Rosberg, Hamilton got the bus to school through rough Stevanage, Rosberg's mum drove him back and forth to school through the Monaco race trace circuit, every day, there is more natural fight in Hamilton and with that comes an edge, a desire to win at all costs and sometimes that can bring out the less attractive side of your personality, but I think he's a good guy, he races to win, and as seen this season - he has a helluva lot more bottle and bravery on the track than the silver spooner, who is basically a PR machine, at least Lewis doesn't sugar coat his interviews, he does keep it real, whether that bothers you or not.
Report fkqmz November 20, 2014 11:45 AM GMT
:D funny post

to you, he could be called Lewis 'uncle ronnie got me here' Hamilton.
you mistake bottle and bravery for bare faced gung-ho stupidity
and to say he doesn't sugar coat his interviews :D that's hilarious. he's about as genuine as a £9 note. that's precisely why he's so unpopular, he's a bullsitting machine of the highest order!
Report scandanavian_haven November 20, 2014 3:17 PM GMT
If Nico was as brave as him this year - he'd be 17 points ahead and not behind :)
Report bustamante November 22, 2014 10:10 AM GMT
There's something about the man which really repulses me;not sure what it is about him that irritates me other than his ridiculous earrings and now stated fondness for tattoos. He always seems to be whining about something or other and gives the impression of a huge chip on his shoulder.

This cliche riddled drivel could have been written by Enoch Powell forty years ago.
Report Wesdag November 23, 2014 3:28 PM GMT
^ Exactly.

I think we all know the reason.

Double world champion - suck it up!
Report noitsnotme November 23, 2014 4:27 PM GMT
It might help if he could be as magnanimous in defeat as he was in his interview after winning today.He is a complete and utter knob who throws his toys out of the pram when things dont go his way. He also needs to put things into perspective and realise that his world championship has very little value when there were only two drivers that could possibly be world champion and that was any driver who happened to be driving for mercedes this year
Report scandanavian_haven November 23, 2014 5:35 PM GMT
there only two drivers that could possibly be world champion and that was any driver who happened to be driving for mercedes this year

how long have you been watching f1, when has it NOT been like that, in schumacher's days, he was out on his own, and not because he was the best,
Report noitsnotme November 23, 2014 7:02 PM GMT
That is the point, because there is no competition in the sport the title of world champion means very little. There are probably fewer than a dozen meaningful overtaking manoeuvres through the whole season.The fact that they give double points in the last race to keep it interesting says it all,they will be giving it triple points the way the sport is going, even sky tv who are the absolute masters of marketing a sport are struggling to get the viewing figures up on something as boring as this.I know plenty of people that watch the start then turn over because that is the only "exciting" part of the race.
Report scandanavian_haven November 23, 2014 7:35 PM GMT
i agree something needs to change, don't know what but the procession is not healthy
Report Zazu November 23, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
Watched F1 since the early 90s but wont be watching next year.

In a race they are 5seconds ish off ultimate pace and its just about tyre preservation. Only watched about 5 laps today

Races were pretty boring in the early 2000s but the cars were mind blowing. Now its like Greenpeace make the regulations. Watched part of the GP2 race and theres virtually no difference between F1 and GP2
Report Loanwolf November 24, 2014 4:55 PM GMT
lets congratulate Lewis on winning the title even though it was 90% due to a superior car.In relation to tattoos is he trying to outdo Becks or Cheryl.
Report scandanavian_haven November 24, 2014 9:02 PM GMT
7 out of the last 8 years he has finished ahead of his teammate in the same car.
Report Zazu November 26, 2014 2:58 PM GMT
6 wins and a draw out of 8

Some of those were against Kovalleinen who is garbage as well

Wehrlein - the Mercedes reserve driver – was making his debut in the 2014 car and set a fastest time of 1:42.624 late on Wednesday afternoon, a time 0.7s quicker than Valtteri Bottas' benchmark on Tuesday. His trouble-free 96 laps of running was in stark contrast to fortunes at McLaren, with the team again failing to set a time as it tried to test the Honda power-unit at Yas Marina.

Next season looking mega competitive. Could put any elite driver in the Merc and the worst theyd finish 1st or 2nd.  Even Red Bull werent that dominant
Report catfloppo November 27, 2014 10:51 PM GMT
Hamilton has been great this year and deserved the title.  Driver of the year is surely Ricciardo?
Report scandanavian_haven November 28, 2014 7:58 PM GMT
Some of those were against Kovalleinen who is garbage as well

2 were v Kovalainen
2 were v button despite 4 retirements in 2010 and six in 2012
2 were v Rosberg despite 3 retirements in his championship winning yearGrin

The draw was with Alonso but he still finished ahead of him in the Championship on countback of 2nd places after having same number of wins.
Report Zazu November 29, 2014 8:56 AM GMT
2 were v Rosberg despite 3 retirements in his championship winning year

Rosberg had 3 no scores due to mechanical failures aswell but everyone seems to omit that
Report scandanavian_haven November 30, 2014 10:11 AM GMT
The fact that hamilton won six more races than Rosberg and the fact that rosberg deliberately took him out of a race when leading the championship and still losing the title makes rosbergs 3 retirements too meaningless to mentionLaugh
Report Blazing Boots November 30, 2014 10:48 AM GMT
I started the year wanting Rosberg to win, but as the season unfolded it became clear to me that Hamilton was the quicker driver. He was able to match Rosberg's pace while preserving his tyres better and using less fuel and then when he needed to  establish a winning margin and maintain it.

And Rosberg's win at Monaco was greatly assisted by his "accident" in qualifying.
Report bb66 December 1, 2014 12:17 PM GMT
Hamilton and Rosberg had the same failure in Montreal, Hamilton DNF, Rosberg managed to finish 2nd. Hamilton ruined Rosberg's race not letting him overtake after Rosberg was hampered by SC out after he had passed pit lane entry already.

While Hamilton may have been the faster driver, I very much prefer Rosberg for his personality.
Report scandanavian_haven December 2, 2014 12:27 PM GMT
Hamilton had one more DNF than Rosberg( no thanks to Rosberg taking him in out in one), had fewer poles but yet still won not only because he was quicker but because he had much more bottle than Rosberg as seen with Lewis's braver driving with his overtaking manoeuvres at key times, it would have been unjust if Rosberg had of won. most people seem to prefer Nico because he has a nicer personality than Hamilton, but that that separates the winners from the losers, winners have a edge.
Report fkqmz December 2, 2014 11:21 PM GMT
Laugh like that winning edge he showed in 07 and 10 you mean Laugh

2010 Lewis Hamilton is the greatest example of driver capitulation in the modern F1 era. He had the title at his mercy after Spa and proceeded to systematically empty it down the toilet by driving into other people. Hamilton only wins the title when, like everything in his career, its served up to him on a plate. he needed help from his best mate glock in 08 and a car an age ahead of everyone else and a second rate team mate to win in 14. make no mistake, hamilton v rosberg = chelsea v barnet. he should have had this title wrapped up by the end of the european season but didnt because he spent the whole summer bottling qualifying. fortunately for lewsi, rosberg showed him in monza that he's an even bigger bottler, how could hamilton not be supremely confident after seeing that?
Report scandanavian_haven December 3, 2014 9:21 AM GMT
2008 f1 world champion
2014 f1 world champion

Hat trick coming next season for sure.

deal with itLaugh
Report fkqmz December 3, 2014 4:12 PM GMT
Laugh he will choke like nicole on a rappers sausage. he'll poo his pants as soon as anyone challenges him, although i'm sure you'd pay a vast sum for those sh!t stained overalls so you can lick them clean Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven December 4, 2014 8:48 AM GMT
He's really got you bad hasn't he fkqmzLaugh lovely
Report bb66 December 7, 2014 1:40 PM GMT
you proved you don't know what a hattrick is
Report scandanavian_haven December 9, 2014 2:39 PM GMT
what are you talking aboutCrazy, a hat-trick is term often used in football to denote when something occurs in three's as in goals, if he wins next year it will be a hat-trick of world titles
Report bb66 December 10, 2014 7:00 PM GMT
a hattrick in football is scoring 3 goals in a row within one half, referring to titles they have to be won in succession
Report scandanavian_haven December 11, 2014 5:29 PM GMT
eh?Laugh

What are you talking about bb66, not sure what country your from but here if you score three goals in a game in either half with any other playing scoring between, before or after, you have scored a hat-trick as long as you have scored 3 in 90 minutes, it doesn't matter what order, but the term-hat-trick in general is referred to anything that has been achieved in three's, anyone in the country understands a what hat-trick of titles means. But it's a pedantic point anyhow, he is going for his third title, which is a hat-trick of titles.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com