Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
15 Mar 22 12:34
| Topic/replies: 31,879 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I remember days it would be buzzing...
Pause Switch to Standard View Terrible to see the lack of interest...
Show More
Report rock piper March 15, 2022 2:58 PM GMT
Forum was taken over by nasty characters became toxic and never recovered, IIRC you were one of them.
Report lapsy pa March 15, 2022 7:29 PM GMT
Hope you are all well and enjoying the festival,most of the forums are quiet in any case.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl March 16, 2022 7:37 PM GMT
Agree with most of your post rock piper don't know anything about IIRC though. Further problem with Cheltenham in these times is the way the fourth day has diluted the top races. Interesting to hear Peter Scudamore's take on this on the ITV morning line. No Ryanair chase on his watch you either went Gold Cup or Champion 2mile chase. No ducking or diving from the novice hurdles either. All real championship races. Peter Scu not in favour of a 5th day either, too many races and not enough top horses for them. Its going to be like Galway if they opt for a 5th day. The few top races each day topped up with bad handicaps just like Galway without the great DKW. Not my idea of a festival of racing. In any event I have not been there for a good while. I prefer to saunter over to my local Curragh and enjoy this wonderful course. Roll on the flat and Curragh at end of this month.
Report Cupwinkcook March 26, 2022 9:26 PM GMT
People dont have anything to say anymore.
This forum is no longer an information exchange.

You might as well go back to reading the form book or clearing your head.

I cant be arsed talking to anyone about betting.
it has become a solitary occupation
Report kavvie April 1, 2022 6:29 PM BST
used be 4 or 5 people on here regular that kew the time of day. but they got hounded off..  4 off the top of my head were big willy style, callit, stamford bridge and the road to lingstown.  there were others good but i apologise for forgetting the names...
Report jerseyboy April 3, 2022 6:16 PM BST
Agree completely, do not bother posting on here whatsoever, to many only to happy to insult and yet put no contribution at all.
Would be great to exchange info in confidence with any others..
Report RoyalAcademy April 4, 2022 3:45 PM BST
"People dont have anything to say anymore"

Whatever about your succeeding comments this is so far off the mark. The fact is that old school forums have been taken over and supplanted by social media and podcasts with very large followings.

I do agree with you on the "solitary occupation" but I doubt anyone (or many) every gave away the crown jewels by a comment on a forum or before they had helped themselves to the best available odds.
Report punchestown April 4, 2022 8:09 PM BST
There was some effort/detail in Stamford Bridge's race day threads and I really enjoyed reading them,it's a terrible pity what happened to this place.SadSad
Report Cupwinkcook April 5, 2022 10:59 PM BST
I dont claim to be right about everything.
Comments made by others are all fair comments.

Good to see people who i have had time for in the past adding to this thread. At least they are all above ground.

Happy to throw up a few thoughts about Aintree later in the week. Hopefully others will chip in.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com