Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vubiant
23 Sep 21 21:16
| Topic/replies: 7,151 | Blogger: Vubiant's blog
My prediction --USA 17 1/2 - Europe 10 1/2 .Hope I'm utterly wrong but USA look far stronger ,playing at home in front of huge support. Harrington is looking a fine captain but he doesn't have the ammo in the ranks.
Let's hope at least that Shane and Rory put some points on the board.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ryder Cup 2021
Show More
Report punchestown September 24, 2021 2:29 PM BST
Obnoxious US crowd booing anything Europe.
Report Kelly September 25, 2021 4:20 AM BST
Looking like your prediction is correct Vubiant .  Everything seems to be stacked against us , cant see much light on the horizon based on results to date .
Report punchestown September 25, 2021 11:46 AM BST
It was a lethal combination of the yanks playing well and us under performing yesterday.Rory missing the morning foursomes this morning his first omission in his Ryder Cup career.
Report workrider September 25, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Rory has been very poor so far ,in fact I'd say he's been brutal. Casey was a poor pick and its only the Spanish who are keeping us in it..
Report frank60 September 26, 2021 5:35 PM BST
I have 16. 12 to the yanks myself. hard to see europe winning now
Report Vubiant September 26, 2021 10:03 PM BST
I say there's tremendous credit due to Rory . He had the acute disappointment at his performances bottled up inside him yet he found the mental fortitude to gather himself and play well to decisively defeat the world no.5 in the lead off match.
Not surprising that the pent-up emotion was released when it was all over.
Report Kelly September 27, 2021 1:26 AM BST
Like it or lump it , we had several passengers in the squad . Several were out of form , and several are not up to the pressure needed for instance to win a Major .

Need to rethink the selection process , 6 picks worked well for Stricker , and all 3 of Padraigs picks scored  , 3 of the "automatics" did not .

USA were just better all round , they sank more putts and out scored us . In the singles. Jon Rahm ran into 5 birdies on the first 6 holes , few could survive that .  Next time he would win 3 times out of 5 against the same player .  But that's golf .

The USA have much depth in golfing talent as evidenced by their world rankings , and they have a young team which will make them hard to beat in the foreseeable future , unless we pick our home venues very carefully based on the golf course rather than on commercial interests .
Report workrider September 27, 2021 10:04 PM BST
I'm applying for inclusion in Rome after my starring role today in Balcarrick never played it before so 41 points on first sight surely makes me a automatic pick, and playing off 21 surely can do me no harm...Laugh
Report Vubiant September 30, 2021 3:15 PM BST
I take it you won't qualify automatically then . Silly
Report workrider October 11, 2021 3:45 PM BST
After todays 27 pts in Greystones no.Blush
Report Vubiant October 12, 2021 1:21 PM BST
Should you,however,make the team by whatever means (prayer , bribery ,miraculous swing changes) I suggest we refer to you by the revised pseudonym of 'workryder'. Laugh
Report punchestown October 12, 2021 4:20 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report workrider October 13, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Vert good Vubiant...Laugh
Report workrider October 13, 2021 6:15 PM BST
Very.
Report workrider October 19, 2021 3:04 PM BST
36 yesterday in Newlands , back in the squad ?
Report frank60 October 20, 2021 12:45 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKPkfzebYc&t=3s       funny golf joke
Report Vubiant October 21, 2021 4:16 PM BST
Laugh
I could foresee a demon partnership between Micilín and workrider in the 2027 RC -now to get it transferred from Adare to Killarney !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com