Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
30 Nov 19 19:09
| Topic/replies: 7,412 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
I'm absolutely stunned tbh.

That came out of no where.
Show More
Report Kelly December 2, 2019 11:49 AM GMT
People forget that being in the likes of Jim Gavin's shoes means your life is consumed by the post you are in .  Anyone who meets him just talks football , fine , but 24/7 it does not leave time for other things . And it's not like you are earning millions like English Premiership magic roundabout managers .

Just be thankful that he honed the skills ( abundant) in the players representing a huge percentage of the Irish population into a coherent unboastful ( given their accomplishments ) team who entertained us .  Still will win and entertain , depending who is appointed , but a hard act to follow .

Nothing left to achieve , except possibly 6 in a row .

I am mindful of Michaels comments that he favoured a split of the Dubs into North Dublin and South Dublin , partly to equalise resources but mainly to allow 15 other "Dublin" players ( plus subs) the opportunity to wear the county shirt .  Some merit in that proposal , although I can remember talking to the Dublin supporters back in the eighties in Newcastle when they said they knew every Dub supporter at the match by name , all 50 of them in the bus . Cyclical .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com