Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
05 Nov 19 19:26
| Topic/replies: 39,562 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Good luck old boy, many many fond memories....
Show More
Report Kelly November 5, 2019 8:39 PM GMT
Yes peckerdunne ,and helped shape modern Ireland . Would not have lasted long in broadcasting in pre 1960 Ireland .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 5, 2019 10:33 PM GMT
Tribute Programme on TV tonite if interested
Report olddesperado November 9, 2019 12:09 AM GMT
A true legend.

I've said on here many times in the past he had a gift of listening to his guests and drawing them out.

Darcy and tubridy have a set question list and don't even listen to the answers.

A guest could admit to murdering his wife but tubridy would say that's fascinating but tell me about the time you found a monkey on the tube in London.

Gaybo was the master but listening to all the accolades about how much advise he gave out you would imagine both the above clowns would be be a bit better at their job.

With 1800 employees you would imagine rte could get someone natural with charisma to do their talk shows.
Report kkkatt November 9, 2019 3:08 PM GMT
Yep....Gay liked to listen. The Pee Flynn interview was the classic example of giving an ego a bit of rope.
Report olddesperado November 10, 2019 12:04 AM GMT
I recorded the tribute programme and just watched it now.

It looks like Nell was trying to kick off..

I enjoyed it tbh but it obviously went over time as my recording cut off mid interview.   Sad
Report olddesperado November 10, 2019 12:11 AM GMT
I was reared by my granny as my mother died young and I remember the arguments as I wanted to watch match of the day when about 12 to 16.

I feel so bad mow as she loved Gaybo and that was obviously her highlight of the week too.

Hope she realised when your young your a selfish pr1ck.
Report Vubiant November 10, 2019 3:20 PM GMT
Kelly says above that GB wouldn't have lasted long in pre-1960 Ireland . Interestingly, Joe Brolly says in today's S Indo that GB wouldn't last long in today's RTE because (I paraphrase ) the tone and style of the LLS has changed so much in the direction of  bland PC-infected vacuousness.
Report MALAY November 10, 2019 5:50 PM GMT
The world hasn't when PC, there is much more muck, filth, innuendo on tv now than when the Benny Hill show was running.

There are far more racists around now and intolerant thick dunces.

What is true is there are far more scumbags in society with no respect or morals, that cannot be denied and the PC brigade (or decent people to give them correct title) can't stop them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com