Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
22 Sep 19 01:02
| Topic/replies: 7,397 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
I can't find the thread but remember workrider suggesting  we club together to buy a forum racehorse.

I suggested we buy a foal/yearling and try sell  at next sale (pinhooking) to an extent.

There was zero interest so I went ahead alone.

I now have two lovely fillies 2 and 3 with at least the eldest one going into training next autumn.
The 2 yo is more forward so might even be ready to go into work same time as the elder one.
Show More
Report frank60 September 22, 2019 10:50 AM BST
Good luck ODD
Report olddesperado September 22, 2019 11:06 AM BST
They are NH btw.
Both well bred with plenty of black type in the book.

The eldest one didn't make the select sales this year due to size at the time of inspection.
I didn't bother entering her in the Aug sales as it was €525 to enter and with prep and attendance plus travel etc I wouldn't have had much change out of two grand.
She was probably just below 16 hands at the time of inspection for select sales but has grown over the summer and is about 16 1 now.

I have a top class up and coming trainer selected but don't want to name him yet as I haven't discussed it with him yet.

I have a few friends taking a free lease on a few shares but I'll probably have about half of them myself.

With the racing and breeding route I'm now on its a long long game but I'm enjoying it these past few years rearing them.
Report olddesperado September 22, 2019 11:11 AM BST
Thanks Frank,
Report workrider September 22, 2019 12:58 PM BST
I really hope it takes off for you Old, a brilliant game when it does right, tough if it doesn't , but what the heck you took the bull by the horns and hopefully it'll work out. I would be interested in knowing the peds as I really enjoy them..
Maybe you might pm them to me...
Report punchestown September 22, 2019 2:48 PM BST
A while back this this thread would be buzzing..Sad
Report frank60 September 22, 2019 4:16 PM BST
Only back myself after a red card lads, for what i dont know, Ihope the irish forum can pick up ,we didnt always agree but the positives  Outweigh the Negatives,      P.S.  Great start for the  the boys in green this morning,,keep it up lads.
Report olddesperado September 22, 2019 4:34 PM BST
Pm sent workrider.
Report cloone river September 23, 2019 12:37 AM BST
Best of luck with the project olddesperado.Just as a matter of interest the mares that the fillies are from have they many off spring that made the track?
Report olddesperado September 23, 2019 6:03 AM BST
Hi Clooney, the elder one has 3 siblings that made the track , all have won more than once with I think 10 wins between them.

The 2 yo has had 2 siblings hit the track with one of them winning 3 races from 5 runs .
The other was placed only.
Report cloone river September 23, 2019 8:32 AM BST
Sounds good.What stallion are the fillies out of?
Report olddesperado September 23, 2019 10:45 AM BST
Eldest is by scorpion, (yes I know ) but I couldn't be happier with her.
Youngest is from the first crop of sea moon.
Report Monte Christo September 23, 2019 3:51 PM BST
Best of luck to you. Good to see a bit of life on the forum again.
Report olddesperado September 23, 2019 7:52 PM BST
Thanks Monte.

Workrider maybe I picked up your PM wrong but I didn't just do this now.

I acquired the scorpion in 2016 and the other girl last year.
Report cloone river September 23, 2019 11:02 PM BST
Very good if they is winners in the familys.The dam of the sea moon fillie who is the stallion?If you dont mind be asking.
Report li September 26, 2019 11:34 AM BST
Good luck, olddesperado. Will follow progress with interest.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com