Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
14 Jul 19 13:14
| Topic/replies: 8,517 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
First 2 matches went to form as widely expected .

Cork played better than the score suggests against Dublin , maybe that puts a better light on Kerry who beat them to win the Munster title in Cork.

Roscommon looked pretty average , their no 14 was well marked and most of the rest of the forwards failed to break down a well organised Tyrone outfit . Nobody enjoys a match against Tyrone .

Donegal will probably hockey Meath today early , if not on a well populated scoreboard but by overall superiority .

Kerry might just cut loose against Mayo who must be a bit leg weary and have injury problems .  Could be an interesting match .

Overall though the Dubs look a cut above , particularly apropos strength in depth , impressive  when  challenged yesterday .
Pause Switch to Standard View GAA football --Super 8's
Show More
Report Kelly July 14, 2019 5:48 PM BST
Kerry impressive .
Report olddesperado July 15, 2019 9:54 AM BST
Kerry were wonderful yesterday against a good side.

Some of their attacking play was brilliant and cork showed against Dublin that space can be found in their back line I would love to see this Kerry team up against them.

I've seen enough to think Dublin won't have it all their own way this year, Kerry as I said, Tyrone look stronger this year and there is still time for someone to pick up momentum in the remaining games to challenge.

Hopefully anyway as the last thing the game needs is another one sided championship.
Report peckerdunne July 15, 2019 4:09 PM BST
A declining Mayo in Killarney........

Tyrone are shyte............

Feel sorry for Div3 opponents of the Rebels....

Dublin, cant be beaten............insane to think otherwise............
Report carrot1960 August 3, 2019 12:47 PM BST
Mayo by 3 and hopefully Tyrone by2
Report Kelly August 3, 2019 4:11 PM BST
I think Donegal will stifle Mayo , might be a low scoring game .

Dublin will surely beat Tyrone .

Kerry should hockey Meath , odds are prohibitive though .
Report Kelly August 3, 2019 7:51 PM BST
Well done carrot , Mayo played their best today since the winter .

Conditions in both matches not ideal , hope the weather is better tomorrow .
Report carrot1960 August 4, 2019 11:54 AM BST
Some chance of getting the double up now that Mickey Harte is playing his 3rd 15
Report carrot1960 August 4, 2019 6:25 PM BST
Harte missed a good chance to lay down a marker , Tyrone had they're chances to win the game but wasted them that  and two saves from the Dublin keeper ensured it will be Mayo who end Dublins 5 in a row challenge next Saturday. Dublin 1/5 Draw 11/1 and Mayo a cracking 9/2 shot. Todays game was played at a snails pace and yet the Dublin players seemed to be puffing and blowing like it was a pre season game whitch does not bode well for a six day turnaround
Report Kelly August 4, 2019 10:48 PM BST
As commentators said it was like a challenge game .  Main interest was in Connolly , but he just played loose between the 2 45's , acting like a quarterback floating hail marys . Interesting to see if they use him next week in his usual attacking role .

Shaping up like a Dubs vs Kerry final .  All 4 of the semi finalists were paper favourites to be their respective provincial champions .
Report kavvie August 6, 2019 11:03 PM BST
kelly i agree connolly was like a quarter back but in the tom brady mode.hes as good a foot passer as ive seen and almost every foot pass he gave were inch perfect? i didnt see too many hail marys ones.   even so i  think he will struggle to get any more game time this year!!
Report Kelly August 10, 2019 6:50 PM BST
Looking like 5 in a row .

Dubs were playing possum in the first half today .

And McCaffrey was hardly in the game although he did nothing wrong .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 10, 2019 7:40 PM BST
Who's going stop them for (((((6-IN-A-ROW)))))
Report bardo August 11, 2019 4:35 AM BST
ten in a row is how this is going to go .. they are untouchable.. like a GAA version of the All Blacks
Report Kelly August 11, 2019 5:16 PM BST
Bardo , did you see the All-Blacks losing heavily to Australia yesterday .?

Hope some took the 3.8 today during the match at half time on Kerry .

Broadly similar today to yesterday , although Dublin do look the part for the final .
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 11, 2019 11:28 PM BST
DUBLIN For SAM, KERRY for your HOLIDAYS .....fact ! Laugh
Report fullback August 20, 2019 8:45 AM BST
TREASON............wash your keyboard....Cry
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 20, 2019 12:38 PM BST
And LIAM is back in TIPP Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 2, 2019 12:50 PM BST
Kerry ‘blue away’ a great winning opportunity ?
Report kavvie September 3, 2019 10:35 AM BST
several ways of looking at it. kerry realise they can stand toe to toe with dublin.they are young and  hungry. they will be confident. people say dublin will never be as bad again. im not too sure. were they let be good?will they be allowed more freedom next day? doubtful.  the media seem to think dublin wasted a lot of scoring opportunitys. they may have but kerry wasted more.  dublins conversion rate was 50%  kerrys 43%. jim gavin was very unlike jim gavin sunday. does he not trust philly or cian o sullivan any more?  he brought on connolly paddy small  and mcmenamin ahead of them..  its all to play for in my opinion.
Report peckerdunne September 3, 2019 6:17 PM BST
Hopefully it will be 15 a side and not 14 verses 16.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 3, 2019 11:22 PM BST
Pity it's not home and away venues, like the Bomber Liston suggested Tongue Out
Report Kelly September 9, 2019 12:43 AM BST
That would be interesting .

Have been away , just back tonight . Was in Dublin last weekend , but not in Croker , just watching on TV .

Dublin were very lucky to survive , Kerry had far more scoring chances . Dublin only scored 2 points in the last 16 minutes of play .

Re ref , Cluxton save was illegal , he moved 4 or 5 feet from the line before Geaney kicked the ball , it should have been re taken .

The Dub backs were pulling and dragging all the first half , all yellow cards were deserved . Cooper should have been taken off after 5 minutes , he was not at the races . Took a huge legitimate hit right at the start ( bad solo) , never recovered .

Kerry have probably missed their chance though , Dublin will have sorted out some better play .

Disappointed that there was no result , given the potential day that was in it .  I watched supporters after the match trudging up the Drumcondra road from my hotel window , no buzz , anti climax , nothing to celebrate .  Great match , but no closure .
Report Kelly September 14, 2019 12:58 PM BST
Kerry folk praying for good weather and divine inspiration for the replay .  Kerry replay special mass worth a look on u-tube .

Who thinks of these , priceless irrespective of result tonight ?
Report peckerdunne September 14, 2019 9:01 PM BST
I'll take 33/1 they win the next 3, anyone?
Report peckerdunne September 14, 2019 9:58 PM BST
incredibly they never showed photo finish the dead heat freeze frame
Report Kelly September 14, 2019 10:23 PM BST
43 minutes before Dublin recorded a wide . Kerry had a lot of wides in the second half when playing into the Hill .

Well done the Dubs , 5 in a row .

Think you would be lucky getting 5/1 that bet peckerdunne .  Kerry the only ones with emerging talent capable of challenging the Dub production line .

To beat the Dubs you have to score goals , none today .
Report peckerdunne September 15, 2019 2:33 PM BST
this far out you would have to think 7/4 9/4 5/2 but i'll take 25s Grin
Report RoyalAcademy September 16, 2019 4:43 PM BST
Its a long time since the "hole-in-one" syndicate took layers to be suckers pecker: odds of 4/6 (today), 4/5 and Evens would give you 5/1
Report peckerdunne September 16, 2019 8:54 PM BST
Ok i was having a larf somewhat but 5/1 is rancid.

Cluxton and Gavin could go and all sorts over that period..
Report Vubiant September 16, 2019 9:52 PM BST
Congratulations to Dublin on making history -to the management and squad for their single-minded and disciplined approach ,skills development and tactical nous.
That said though, the  way things have worked out means that it's possibly not that big a deal as they are  effectively winning a 6 team competition and have only about 2 realistic challenges every year seeing that counties like Cork, Roscommon, Derry , Down, Meath have ceased to be remotely competitive.
In fact the irony is that the more the sequence of All-Irelands stretches the less each one will mean since it simply speaks to and emphasises the lack of competition.
Report peckerdunne September 17, 2019 8:51 PM BST
History will only show that beating the mighty kingdom via replay lends credence to the strength of the competition and adversity Dublin had to overcome.

Perhaps after 3 or 4 more such irony may indeed be the case...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com