Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vubiant
01 Jun 19 17:24
| Topic/replies: 7,155 | Blogger: Vubiant's blog
A small mention on the forum is surely merited for his superlative feats of training which are tearing up the record books .
Like many ,I would love if Kevin Prendergast had won the Derby to crown a fabulous career -but  honours are not handed out on appropriateness . You must take on and beat the best around -as A P O'Brien does year after year...and he's still only 49 ! He does Ireland proud  and brings lustre to its sporting reputation.
Congrats too to John Magnier and the Ballydoyle 'lads' on reaching the pinnacle of racing and breeding achievement  but whatever investment is put in -Aidan is the key man who organises the team to deliver such a staggering return over the past two decades.
Pause Switch to Standard View Aidan O'Brien
Show More
Report Vubiant June 2, 2019 12:24 PM BST
The news blackout on Aidan O'Brien's fantastic result in the Epsom Derby is predictably borne out. Irish mainstream media-print and electronic- go ga-ga about two ugly women beating the paste out of each other and two English teams playing a match in Spain. All well and good you might say and kinda understandable but shouldn't the signal success of Irish trainers and jockeys abroad get at least a mention in the same sporting headlines?
e.g. The sport box in the Irish Independent online deals with rugby , soccer , boxing but not a syllable about the big Irish racing story . I can't understand it nor can I understand why the Irish racing authorities tolerate this continual ignoring of a long-standing and popular sport where we are world class.  We should be shouting this from the rooftops -not hiding it away in side columns. It's utterly baffling and utterly wrong.
Report peckerdunne June 2, 2019 12:30 PM BST
I blame people before profit.
Report RoyalAcademy June 4, 2019 10:46 AM BST
"two ugly women"

Ever other word you wrote is entirely loaded and meaningless once you decided to take the Trumpian road. Shame on you.
Report Vubiant June 4, 2019 11:21 AM BST
Plus-it transpires that the 'great role model for Irish women'(sorry about that Sonia) probably did not win the slugfest after all.Laugh
Report Kelly June 4, 2019 9:06 PM BST
Fantastic performance for Aidan O'Brien in the English Derby .  Deserves better coverage in the media , but not surprised it gets demoted behind fairly rubbish occurrences .

I suspect too that it would be a good idea for Donnacha to be riding No 1 .

I follow Josephs stable very closely , he also is doing brilliantly albeit with slightly less classy material .
Report Vubiant June 6, 2019 7:16 PM BST
I agree re Donnacha -he's a natural coming from his background and rides with great dash and confidence as befits a talented youthful performer. Apart from weight issues unlikely to become no.1 as they might fear the charge of nepotism.
Moore has a fine record of course -but I think he overdoes the waiting tactics and has cost Ballydoyle quite a few Group 1s in recent years.
What's wrong with holding a horse up in midfield rather than being at the rear turning in  -especially in high class races where leaders are rarely going to be collapsing in a heap. Seems to have perfected the art of walking from the stalls in sprints. Painful to watch.
Report Kelly June 7, 2019 9:38 AM BST
Agreed Vubiant .
Report punchestown June 8, 2019 6:07 PM BST
Moore didn't ride for APOB @ the Curragh Friday night,any reason why that anyone knows?
Report roadrunner46 June 8, 2019 8:58 PM BST
LaughAnthony van **** won the derby
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com