Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foxy
28 Apr 19 14:42
| Topic/replies: 12,515 | Blogger: foxy's blog
I know the champion novice hurdle and the champion chase are final decs both grade ones not sure about the 1840 the grade one novice chase anybody clarify this please.
Pause Switch to Standard View Punchestown Tuesday decs
Show More
Report foxy April 29, 2019 7:48 AM BST
Ffs 46 views and nobody knows the answer what happened to sharp minds .
Report pa lapsy April 29, 2019 12:07 PM BST
Foxy,46 people didn't want to put you wrong either, i looked at books prices yesterday and was fairly sure that they were final decs,i couldn't see a nrnb anywhere and that put a small bit of doubt.
Good race, Delta has the better form but will Cheltenham leave its mark,A Plus Tard was awesome there(surprised that is rated a lb higher),looks between the two to me.
Report foxy April 29, 2019 3:16 PM BST
Thanks pa lapsy what confused me was the racing tv did a piece on the other two grade ones but not the staying novice chase ,some intriguing racing this week which I am looking forward to however somebody suggested to me at Cheltenham that a vet would be more handy than a form book for punchestown.nonetheless I will try and find some winners ,huge fan of the gold cup winner don’t know what to make of kenboy but have a feeling he is very good.tomorrows novice chase for me is the best race on the card I thought delta ran really well at Cheltenham and holds the stronger form.
Report foxy April 29, 2019 3:43 PM BST
Nice to see monalee entered on Wednesday looks as though he has fallen short of the very best but I always think he is an asset to any race he runs in.
Report pa lapsy April 29, 2019 9:16 PM BST
Like the 3m novice on Weds myself, i know the Thurles,to Perth to G1 Punchestown is a bit unorthodox but thought 20/1 Go Another One is worth a second look,lesser class but very emphathic last twice.
Between the banks and the bumpers some very good racing indeed.
Report irishone April 29, 2019 9:38 PM BST
Willie fest again, just back them blind but not the favs
Report foxy April 30, 2019 5:34 AM BST
That’s an interesting call pa lapsy I must say the 3 mile novice hurdle division doesn’t look that strong this season so good luck with that one ,
Report foxy April 30, 2019 5:53 AM BST
Had a rethink about today’s novice chase whilst I still think the best value the day after the festival for the 2020 gold cup was delta work at 25/1 today I think a plus tard will be more suited by this race
Report pa lapsy April 30, 2019 9:50 AM BST
Think there has been more than one year when WPM's 2nd/3rd and more strings were winning Irishone,i can see your logic there,his 2 hotpots are very short and while hard to back against them,i couldn't back them either.
I went with A Plus Tard as well Foxy,bit of blue for Getabird but looks between the other 2, 5/2 vs 6/4 swayed that.
Report pa lapsy April 30, 2019 10:51 AM BST
One exciting horse in Gypsy Island in the mares bumper tomorrow,i think she was so impressive to date,pending on how she is priced up will probably be my "banker" of the meeting.
Report workrider April 30, 2019 12:15 PM BST
Delta for me foxy,sure to get the trip only drawback is Aintree was only awhile back.
Report pa lapsy April 30, 2019 8:29 PM BST
You were right WR, very easy for delta,a gold cup candidate for sure on that performance.Rain probably didn't help A Plus Tard but don't think it mattered.
Two obvious impressive displays from Klassical Dream and Festival D'ex.
Must do better tomorrow,very enjoyable racing though.
Report foxy May 1, 2019 7:46 AM BST
I thought it was a bit flat yesterday possibly the weather possibly two of the grade ones saw almost all the field run poor,and I was amazed how tired they came home in the handicap hurdle,

Well done with delta workrider but what has Aintree got to do with it
Report foxy May 1, 2019 7:58 AM BST
Must add there was nothing flat about the performance of delta work he was superb.
Report workrider May 1, 2019 10:57 AM BST
Foxy I was talking about Min who I meant to put up as one to get beat..Blush..Loved your tan btw...Laugh
Report foxy May 1, 2019 11:38 AM BST
Lol that was gained after two sunny days at Plumpton nowhere exotic I am afraid.lovely weather today and much better card.
Report pa lapsy May 2, 2019 10:44 AM BST
What a great race that gold cup was yesterday,Kemboy haasled by the Ellison horse and still prevailing due to Al Boum not being too fluent,very little between the pair,of course it all happened afterwards.

I was so surprised to see the comments concerning The Big Getaway before his race at Navan last time i made a thread on the main forum,really very well thought of is an understatement. Bit unlucky there,no daws in todays race but if the hype is even a quarter true he should open his account.
Report foxy May 2, 2019 11:32 AM BST
Fantastic race we could not of hope for anything better two very good horse fingers crossed they both stay sound and make it to Cheltenham to race against the first 3 home in the sun alliance,add Percy and lostintranslation what a gold cup in prospect.
Report roadrunner46 May 2, 2019 11:44 AM BST
23 hours shift and still roadrunningLaugh 2 pints of blood for my sick motherSad
Report pa lapsy May 2, 2019 12:19 PM BST
^ sorry to hear that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com