Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
27 Apr 19 23:55
| Topic/replies: 7,412 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Im hoping for some serious advice here lads so knockers please take a break.

Ive a nicely bred 3 yo filly that will be going into training in the autumn /spring and the objective is to breed from her so the first objective is to get a win then black type and then winning black type .

All of this is if she is good enough of course. 

Ireland is dominated by wpm and g elliott so it makes life tough if she is not with either of these but im also afraid if she went to one of these she would be lost if not fairly talented.
Or alternativly would she have a better chance of  out doing herself with a big firm ?

ideally i would love her to go to  a second tier trainer that trains 50/60 and would give her first hand attention but also accept that bigger stables can manipulate entries etc to give second raters a chance .

its a quandry i know but thankfully i dont need to make a decision for a while but opinions would be very grateful and its something i could revisit periodically until i make a decision.

From the top middle and bottom tier at the moment i would be thinking
G Elliott

P Nolan
J Harrington
G Cromwell

J Nicholson
P Roache
M Brassil
Pause Switch to Standard View trainer advice
Show More
Report olddesperado April 28, 2019 12:07 AM BST
The other option of course is to send her to england where she has a fairer chance imo.

The irish grand national was a case in point of how almost impossible it is here if your not with mullins or elliot as 27 of the 30 runners were either owned by jp or giggy or trained by the big 2 .

The small man is almost gone here imo,  Presenting Percy being a case in point being classed as a peoples horse yet owned by a millionaire dynastic owner just because he hasnt got 80 plus horses.

What hope has my poor girl here ?
Report ambush April 28, 2019 1:56 AM BST
millionaires are the new small fry behind all the billionaires//// what chance have they got
Report workrider April 28, 2019 10:40 AM BST
A friend of mine has several in training with Gavin and couldn't be happier, having been lucky enough to be invited by my friend into the owners and trainers after him having had a winner and meeting Gavin i can understand why hes pleased. Cromwell says it as it is, no bull here, he has enough horses without been to big so can give individual attention to each horse. I wish you well in your search for blacktype for your horse...
Report olddesperado April 28, 2019 10:55 AM BST
Thanks workrider,  yes I know someone that knows Gavin outside of racing and says he is a lovely straight person to deal with.

He would be high on my considerations.
Report peckerdunne April 30, 2019 10:54 PM BST
I've no true idea tbh but the lad in Killmessan is small but had a couple of big race wins last week.
Report roadrunner46 May 1, 2019 1:33 AM BST
another tough day 20 hoursDevil
Report roadrunner46 May 1, 2019 7:11 AM BST
Sdf-SD;]
'.,G/M K;JDAFGHF0Y52864[Y7U
'S
D./C.2as
'd;[
fpdafpkohj[o8rty7]6=As
97qw*15-93509jgmDKF>mvn/,mnv,l;c'

weiHPG8347AS8F-A
W#
SQW=E
Report scamboogah May 3, 2019 2:22 PM BST
With a filly that you want to breed from, the most important thing is to get the win on the track, and if you get some black type, then better again. Yes, there are better opportunities in England. In fairness to Elliott, Crawford and a few others they are good at picking up races in Perth, Ayr etc with horses that would find it harder to win here. Another option maybe to lease her to a syndicate, keep a share in her yourself and she's all yours when her racing days are over. I know lads that have nice mares leased to syndicates in England and will be getting them back for breeding when the time comes.
Report olddesperado May 4, 2019 12:28 AM BST
Thanks smamboogah,

Yes I am planning to lease her, about 50% anyway but to a few friends.
Two have already said they would love to be involved and I have a few more who I think would be interested but haven't suggested it to them yet.

So if I could get 4/5/6 people to take up a 10% share each I'd be very happy to cover the balance myself and as you say I'd have her back when she's finished.

As you say though getting a trainer that can get that all important win is the biggest decision I have to get right.

She is a little light on the bone so I don't want to go down the ptp route so bumpers and hurdles is the plan to start with.

She is a very quick learner but is still a big baby even at 3 so hopefully she will be mentally strong enough for going into training in a few months.

She will be turned out fully as soon as the weather warms up now so will have about 4 final  months to mature before the next step in her life.

I'll update this thread on any devolopments in her career or decisions concerning it in case anyone might be interested.
Report scamboogah May 4, 2019 2:50 PM BST
If she shows potential,get her EBF registered for €200 as well. There is a good program of EBF supported races for mares and you get a €5,000 bonus if she wins one.
Report olddesperado May 6, 2019 7:34 AM BST
Thanks smamboogah,
She is already ebf nominated courtesy of the stallion,  I didn't know there was a further payment ?
Do you perhaps mean the weatherbys fillys bonus  as that ties in with the €200 €5000 figures ?
Report olddesperado May 6, 2019 7:36 AM BST
Ffs predictive txt again.

Scamboogah, sorry.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com