Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Aug 18 15:13
| Topic/replies: 31,465 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Went to see the Doctor this morning, he said I had Shingles and gave me a prescription for some tablets and cream..His charge was 60e and would you believe the script came to 106e I kid you not...That was for 21 tablets and the smallest tube of cream I've ever seen . Totally out of order and needs looking into, these drug companies are getting away with murder. Oh to have a medical card, I can understand people not willing to work when you have such huge amounts to pay out when something like this happens...Shameful to think that having paid my taxes all my life I still have to fork out such sums ...
Pause Switch to Standard View ..... A Bloody Disgrace....
Show More
Report workrider August 21, 2018 5:06 PM BST
Maybe Jimeen might feel a little sorry for me and lend me his Medical card next time..
Report peckerdunne August 21, 2018 5:58 PM BST
Try Mrs Cash.
Report Racingqueen August 21, 2018 8:52 PM BST
Poor Shingles Laugh
Report jimeen August 21, 2018 10:21 PM BST
Paid my taxes all my life is a good one, for the love of jesus, you never worked a day in your life , ya scrounger .
Report workrider August 22, 2018 10:53 AM BST
RacingQueen, LaughLaugh ****g brilliant....
Report workrider August 22, 2018 10:55 AM BST
Why did they delete,  I paid Doc 60e and script cost 106...?
Report ambush August 22, 2018 9:52 PM BST
wokrider shingles are very painful , try and find someone with a cure. will take months using conventional medicine.
Report workrider August 23, 2018 11:37 AM BST
You're not joking ambush, I hope to be well soon enough , horrible things indeed!
Report Kelly August 26, 2018 1:56 AM BST
Up here you would have got everything for free , assuming you are over 65 workrider . Not sure we will be able to maintain that service if the Brexit nonsense comes to fruition .

That cost seems exhorbitant .  We don't know generally how much medication costs , that is until we take our animals to the vet . Last week our dog needed some medication for itchy ears , vet prescribed some steroid tablets , tablet costs around £10 in a total treatment cost of over £100 . One of my sons is a pharmacist , he looked at the pills and said he was paying only a few pence for similar . One of the reasons that pet insurance is relatively expensive .
Report workrider August 26, 2018 12:53 PM BST
I was in Doncaster racing a few years ago and got a dicky tummy , ate a lot of fish that week, Doctor examined me and wrote a script for some medicine, when I asked how much I owed her she smile and said nothing, I could hardly believe it, and said well get yourself a drink at least offering up a score ,she refused point blank but thanked me anyway. Can't see that happening here anytime soon Kelly. All my family work so I am entitled to Nothing ,having owned my own business and payed huge amounts of tax over the years its a little hard to take. Such is life.
Report peckerdunne August 26, 2018 3:20 PM BST
Have to agree wholeheartedly.

The Irish Doctor would have said 'Cheers, mines a Stout.
Report jimeen August 26, 2018 3:30 PM BST
I’m rolling round the floor laughing here,say what you want about the little ginnit but the old wonker is one funny guy. All my family work was a beauty , but the classic has to be owning his own business and paying huge amounts of tax over the years . Signing on is not really a business as such , although when there’s about 10 in the one house doing it , you could possibly call it one !
Report workrider August 27, 2018 1:37 PM BST
Good man Johnny, you never fail. Pity you wouldn't get out and do the odd day yourself if would help with the anger. If work was in the bed you'd sleep on the floor!...Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com