Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
11 Aug 18 23:45
| Topic/replies: 7,397 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
Terrible state of affairs.

Its the poor kids i feel sorry for,

Highly unlikely that they wont see the inside of a barracks again.
Show More
Report Vubiant August 12, 2018 1:15 AM BST
Lots of angles to this suspicious looking case. I don't think the Guards should allow people to kip in the cells. They should direct people claiming to be homeless to the agencies who deal in emergency accommodation -they would know the address or the contacts needed . They could even transport the people there in a squad car -but turning a police station into a dormitory is utterly inappropriate and unnecessary.
As usual the national media pathetic -hyping up emotion rather than probing the facts and background.
Report peckerdunne August 12, 2018 1:19 PM BST
Mrs Cash has none.

The kids did not want to play for Meath.

They put her in her plaice.
Report frank60 August 12, 2018 9:14 PM BST
My message would be for MR Cash....put the dick down,, get a Vasectomy
Report peckerdunne August 17, 2018 11:54 AM BST
She's entitled to it.

What sort of country would allow such a national tragedy.

Those poor 7 kids need a home too.

We need to reconvene the Dail now.
Report timberman August 17, 2018 2:00 PM BST
Mrs cash(other peoples) is well used to been in Garda Stations not to mention her Husband or his 8 brothers , no doubt the children will be as well into the future.
Someone should ask Mrs Cash how many burglary convictions she and her Husband have ??
Report timberman August 17, 2018 2:01 PM BST
What sort of a country is meant to look after familys that have as many children as possible for social welfare benefits and never works a day in their lives ??
Report peckerdunne August 17, 2018 2:22 PM BST
Timberman has it correct.

Complete scrubbers and toe rags with convictions as long as your arm.

Enniscorthy getaway from burglary, driver plus one male run, and in the rear two women.

I can't hear the sound of Pavee Point or the social left all over this.

However and not beside the point is RTEs coverage and Miriam's emphatic notion put to the Fianna  Fail'er yeserday that they need to withdraw support of the Government on the grounds of the housing crisis.
Report The Gotchee August 17, 2018 9:45 PM BST
€1076.00 per month for 6 kids children's allowance, €800.00 per month for the mother, €800.00 per month for the daddy, €1200 per month for rent,free medical card etc.
that works out at at a minimum of €968.00 per week tax free. Thats a good gig if you can get it.
You would need to work and earn €1498.00 per week to come out with that sum of money or €77,896.00 a year.
Report Racingqueen August 17, 2018 10:15 PM BST
the real issue here is the media power being abused to promote cases like this. It shows how spineless politicians are that even in a case like this where its a pen kick to tell her to get a job and earn a crust like everyone else does, they cave in.

They simply have no idea of what the average Joe/Joanne thinks and decisions are made purely on what the media thinks.
Report olddesperado August 17, 2018 10:34 PM BST
I see she has turned down a second offer of a temporary home because she has to leave during the day.

She's upping the ante now that she knows she has position at the table.
Report olddesperado August 17, 2018 11:06 PM BST
Barristers licking their lips at the easy money in a few years in front of our liberal judges .

"He never stood a chance your honour , slept in a garda barracks as a youngster judge "

Liberal judge =  " While the defendant committed a heinous act i have to take into account he slept in a garda station as a youngster"

" I had in mind a 12 year prison sentence but taking into account the mitagating circumstances i have decided to give the defendant three days suspended and award him compensation for loss of earnings for missing the Borris and Ballinaslow festivals ".
Report workrider August 18, 2018 11:54 AM BST
Old,A Classic Laugh...The Gotchee, that's an amazing sum of money and surely can't be allowed . Time a limit was put on those kind of allowance's. Staggering to think people producing Children every year can run up such a State bill.
Report Racingqueen August 23, 2018 9:18 PM BST
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/margaret-cash-forced-to-leave-emergency-accommodation-1.3604079

So the landlord of her new gaff had it rented out to students and she's been turfed out.
Report workrider August 23, 2018 11:22 PM BST
Sad thing is, the Children are the ones that suffer most in these situations...
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 31, 2018 9:49 AM BST
A
Report olddesperado September 1, 2018 12:12 AM BST
I'll help you out RP,

B
Report peckerdunne September 1, 2018 12:43 PM BST
Whats this? The Jackson five..........
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539