Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CALLING CARD
29 Jul 17 00:25
| Topic/replies: 432 | Blogger: CALLING CARD's blog
dk weld whats the spread on his number of winners
and can Robbie mc after his very positive article make a breakthrough ? its not working for him yet
Show More
Report punchestown July 29, 2017 11:50 AM BST
Stable form not the greatest heading into it,mightn't be business as usual?
Report punchestown July 29, 2017 11:51 AM BST
Re DKW.
Report pa lapsy July 31, 2017 12:09 PM BST
Not getting winners but a lot of his running okay and not beaten far,i would be open minded about his but slow to put a decent bet on.

Tomorrows beginners has got my imagination, while not totally discounting Bilko(looks held) and Three Wise Men(doubt it is good enough),
it looks to come down to a match between All The Answers and Bamako Moriviere.

All The Answers
If it was anyone other than J O'B i would have said the Killarney run was a warm up for here,that was a nice run after a near 8 month break,travelled v. well and jumped well other than the last, beaten 5L by Our Dougal(now rated 130) and 6L back to Bilko,given it was a chase debut and back from a break, i think it is certainly better(and would need to be) ratings wise.
Joe is in great form,the horse won here last year and also has an entry in the hurdle itself(23rd in weights).
Very slight rise in trip to what he has done before,i think he will stay.

Bamako Moriviere
Really should be fair odds on in a match,the WPM and Ruby factor and a 148 hurdles rating,also guaranteed to probably see the trip out better,still i thought his hurdle rating was high for what he has shown so far.
I would be inclined to forgive the Kilbeggan fall though he did a similar jump at the 1st there, he looks a chaser.

I am tending to go with All The Answers overall,i think it would be churlish to say BM wouldn't be spot on for this but really think this is the race for ATA,a bigger factor culd be how the race is run,Ruby may set the pace like Kilbeggan,he should as he has a possible stamina advantage but that may suit ATA who seems to travel also.

Best of luck at Galway all.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 1:35 PM BST
INH track YIELDING - Flat course SOFT.

5.20 Nov H'dle 9 run - Barry Geraghty on Le Richebourg (Joseph O'Brien), will have his first ride since breaking his arm on Easter Monday. Also Nessun Dorma (Ruby, WPM going for 4-in-a-row wins in this race) &  Aydoun makes his debut over hurdles with Bryan Cooper booked by Weld.

5.55 H'cap H'dle (Rated 88-109) 23 runners - Artful Artist CD winner (Davy for Tony Martin).

6.25 EBF M'dn (2yo, 7f, 7 run)

7.05 H'cap (Rated 50-80) 7f

7.40 GPT H'cap (Rated 70-100) €100,000.00 (4yo+, 2m 179yds, 23 runners) Hidden Cyclone, Rashaan, Powersbomb, Automated, Lagostovegas (WPM,PM) & Miles To Memphis ensure Swamp Fox has his work cut out to keep his title.

8.10 H'cap (Rated 60-90)

8.40 INH Flat Race - Distribution (Weld), Poet's Power (WPM) & Boris Grishenko (Jamie Codd/Elliott).
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 1:40 PM BST
EXPECT TO HEAR MORE FROM THESE DURING THE WEEK.....

Dan Chipowski

tony57

frank60

cloone river

workrider

CustomCut

norn iron

Arklearkle

huddys

keen leader

TellTheKing

brain dead jockeys
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 2:01 PM BST
GPT.....one favs won in 15 years

Swamp Fox (6)
Automated 8/1...Elliott/Codd tia
Rashaan (8)
Lagostovegas (9)
Wonder Laish (11)
Sweet Company (12)
Hidden Cyclone (14)
Miles To Memphis (16)
Benkei (18)
Ezanak (20)
Powersbomb (20)
The Graduate (20)
Report punchestown July 31, 2017 2:50 PM BST
Nessun Dorma  N/R.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 8:18 PM BST
The Whiskey sours are on amateur Aubrey McMahon tonight Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 11:01 PM BST
THE KING of BALLYBRIT is Willie Mullins - 2up already.

2m. YS 4y+ H (25K) Law Girl 10-11 R Walsh
2m. 2f. YS 4y+ NovCh (16K) Bamako Moriviere 11-12 R Walsh
1m. YS 3y+ Hcap (120K) Riven Light 9-0 D P McDonogh 92
7f. YS 4y+ Hcap (15K) Grainne's Dream 9-5 P J Smullen 71

Dermot Weld was dethroned last year as leading trainer at the Galway Races - for the first time since 1997 as Willie Mullins' nine winners saw him take the title for the first time. Weld had entered last year's festival with a chance to make it 19 straight years as leading trainer but victories for Alelchi Inois and Devil's Bride brought Mullins' seven-day haul to nine winners in Galway, three more than the favourite. Ruby Walsh was crowned champion jumps rider for the week with seven winners, while Pat Smullen picked up the Flat title with six winners, just one more than Declan McDonogh.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 31, 2017 11:20 PM BST
While Mullins runs Riven Light in the big mile handicap at 7.40, his principal flat focus will be across the pond earlier in the day where Wicklow Brave is set to take on Big Orange in the Group 1 Goodwood Cup at 3.35.

Wicklow Brave was fourth in the race last year but subsequently won an Irish Leger and also scored at the Punchestown festival. His last start was when second to Rekindling in the Curragh Cup earlier this month. “I thought he ran a cracker at the Curragh and I think if he reproduces that sort of form later in the season in Ireland there can be another big day in him,” Mullins said. "We were fourth in Goodwood last year with no excuses and I think it’s a better race this time. So I would be delighted if he could pick up some of the fantastic prizemoney again."

Wouldn't surprise if JP/Hobbs & R.Johnson Scoop The Pot in Worcester at 6.40.
Report pa lapsy August 1, 2017 12:10 PM BST
I hope it was an indication of the forums shrewdness to keep a low profile on the 1st day(funny that was commented on in last years thread), bookies considerably up i'd imagine.

It is almost a case of Dermot who? for the first few days anyway,no doubt he will have a couple of winners but so unlike previous years.

No surprise to see Bamako Moriviere going blue,still with All The Answers,a fair price without being exceptional.

I think 1st reserve El Tren in the last tomorrow is an interesting runner,German horse who was rated as high as 103(69 tom) and a very likeable last run,it is another big field handicap,(two at what should be big prices and have a chance are Bayan,down in handicap and St Stephens Green,the plan for a while with him). Probably will get a run even though 2m,i wouldn't like to see him drawn in Mayo.

I had Hello Sweetie as a Galway horse after hosing up last time in Ballinrobe,the handicapper gave her 14lb which isn't lenient,(not too bad still with chase rating)she should be thereabouts in the Mares race.

Could be a careful festival,the soft ground i don't think is a help and no Dermot "banker" either.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 2, 2017 5:01 PM BST
Can the real KING of BALLYBRIT make a Turnabout with 33/1 ew shot Three Kingdoms
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 2, 2017 5:02 PM BST
NO SURPRISE then.....Scoop The Pot in Worcester at 6.40. - 6/1 into 3's fav Devil
Report quay_street August 2, 2017 7:06 PM BST
Weld last winner, Tandem - 13/07 Leopardstown.
Horses running like drains. They're not making it up the hill.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 3, 2017 12:03 PM BST
FIRST OFF early TODAY AT 1.40...A Beginners Chase
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 3, 2017 12:04 PM BST
Galway HURDLE at 3.35.....any thoughts Max ?
Report punchestown August 3, 2017 4:43 PM BST
Very tough this year in particular with the Weld camp a no show,Barry nailed me on the line there Sad.
Report lapsy pa August 3, 2017 4:55 PM BST
Same as that Punchestown, that would have rescued me lovely,he was like a man posessed.
Report punchestown August 3, 2017 5:44 PM BST
Insult to injury Pa my saver was Airlie Beach,Swamp Fox traded 1.12,Airlie Beach 1.80.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 4, 2017 3:58 PM BST
EVENING MEETING...with a 30k Handicap Hurdle at 5.10pm...Golden Spear for Tony Martin 4/1 would make a nice start Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan August 4, 2017 4:12 PM BST
Top Of The Town would be a very popular Galway Blazers Chase winner at 6.15 BUT Davy is On Fiddlers Green 7/2 for de Bromhead....No surprise either way for a bit of Riviera Sun in Galway.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan July 25, 2019 2:29 PM BST
THE KING of BALLYBRIT is Willie Mullins
Report irishone August 6, 2019 10:33 PM BST
Monday ..... Not too bad this year , easier to get the punt
Tuesday..... Place was good e asy to get around
Wed ........ Plate day easy beers easy al over
Thursday ... Nightnare no go ladies day...kids pi55ed
Friday ..... Disaster 4\10 deep at the bar . Used to be a nice easy day
Sat\ sunday .Easy....
Report foxy August 7, 2019 1:35 PM BST
Hello irishone what kind of crowd will downpatrick get on Sunday.
Report irishone August 8, 2019 8:58 PM BST
No clue foxy, busy doing the galway, ballinrobe, rossie circuit until listowel .....have to pic and mix there as well
Report foxy August 10, 2019 9:15 AM BST
ok thanks irishone
Report foxy August 11, 2019 1:13 PM BST
It must be the most undulating track in the world .
Report irishone August 21, 2019 2:53 PM BST
Epsom is up down and round and a massive camber, funny thing at galway is two fences 7 strides apart at the bottom of the hill before a 2 furlong run in.... Nowhere in the world like that
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com