Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
04 Feb 17 16:41
| Topic/replies: 12,635 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
I,m in love.What a devastating run, where next Gordon?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 75
By:
arrested development
When: 04 Feb 17 16:44
Rath to Gordon looked a bit of an upgrade.

Very impressive but negatives would have to be it got a total easy and not sure any of them in behind are any good. Time will tell
By:
pa lapsy
When: 04 Feb 17 16:50
Jamie Codd seemed to give the caveat of a bit of cut.
Yes it got an "easy" and maybe the rest aren't brilliant, but possibly she is very very good also.
One to keep a close eye on anyway(along with everyone else) but made days racing for me(no bet)
By:
winsamsoon
When: 04 Feb 17 16:59
According to Gordon this morning on ATR, Codd bought it after its last run
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Feb 17 22:49
Horse could be ground dependant but what a galloper.
That was a winners bumper.
She is said to be the most natural jumper in Elliott's yard.
I'm smitten too.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 05 Feb 17 23:01
You can safely discount the form of that race. She was 7/1 so not fancied in the slightest. As for the best jumper in the yard, what a load of bollo x. She might just manage to win a maiden hurdle.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 Feb 17 23:28
Why would you discount the form of that race ?
Why also twist my words ?
What makes you think a horse priced at 7/1 is unfancied ?

Horses can get injured but if she stays sound she will win far more than a maiden hurdle.
By:
cloone river
When: 05 Feb 17 23:41
She will win loads of races.She could win the mares bumper in aintree if ground was on the slow side.2miles4f will be her trip.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 05 Feb 17 23:43
Willy you may well be right but to say she won't get a soft ground maiden is a bit fanciful.
Agree the Naas race formwise looks poor enough, yesterdays one particulary with Sassy Diva(3rd in listed bt less than 4Ls twice) you can't really.

What got me with her,she stretched fully 5f out yesterday,she left them in her wake,they tried and not one could go with her,she kept it up the whole way home.

That left an impression on me,i wasn't sure did i just seen that. It looked better every time i looked at it after.
By:
cloone river
When: 05 Feb 17 23:55
One word to describe it,was like looking at Solerina.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 06 Feb 17 00:02
Yes,she a little way to go though,
i'd love to own her, i would be dreaming the dream.
Bit of Kalinisi there alright but not a lot(to me) of old fashioned galloping them to submission types around,she has got me anyway.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Feb 17 10:01
PM Pa,
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 06 Feb 17 10:06
The ground was near unraceable.  They were finishing drunk in most races.  A Elliott horse in a bumper that won its previous race and was 7/1 was not fancied!  That would make me question the form.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 06 Feb 17 11:32
Any mare that can win a winners bumper in that fashion is in line for a fruitful career
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Feb 17 13:55
It was a mares listed race,that generally means all trying for their life.
There was seven individual winners in the field,this included two dual bumper winner.
The favourite was an unbeaten Limerick bumper winner trained by Willie Mullins ( admittedly I don't like her ) that was backed to 4/11 on debut.
The mare that finished second Sassy Diva is a right mare also,they have always aimed high with her,she too is by Kalanisi in will have no problem winning her bumper.
Robbie McNamara ran Ratoute Yutty,this filly had sluiced up in a schooling bumper,she started at 10/1 but was well backed,she was beaten a furlong.

Bigwillystyles assertion that she might just manage to win a maiden hurdle is not only ludicrous in this instance it will turn out ludicrous with those mares that were beaten a distance by Fayonagh.

Fayonagh is the best bumper horse I've seen this season,who would any of ye put above her,the caveat about the ground still apply.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 06 Feb 17 16:24
She's obviously very good, but I've never been a fan of front running horses who win by a distance, more times than not they're flattered, dya think jockeys are gonna let her have such a lead in the future? They'd be very stupid to do so, not a fan of one dimensional horses, form doesn't normally hold up. Her next race will be a lot more informative imo, but at this moment in time I'd be sceptical.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Feb 17 17:41
Chelt, I was there on Sat and backed Willies in the race, Shappire was alongside the winner and might even have stuck her head in front at one stage,all from memory I might add,so to say she had a uncontested lead is wrong.Sure she pulled right away just before entering the straight,but she did not always have a huge lead, so Paddy didn't let her have it ALL her own way.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Feb 17 13:22
Wildman 13.55 "Fayonagh is the best bumper horse i,ve seen this season,who would any of ye put above her".

It is a good question and maybe worth putting up a few thoughts up towards next months champion bumper,in short the only visual performances that came anyway close would be Getabirds Fairyhouse run and probably Ballyward at Leopardstown ,Getabird went 12L clear in just under 2f,i,d be inclined to completely draw a line under the Gowran as the inside ground was desperate,Ballywards run was similar,he went away as well.
I think he(Getabird) is short for Cheltenham(gen 4/1),he may well have a reputation but the form of the Fairyhouse race isn't working out too great.
Using Caltex as a line they both seem fairly close together.
Carter Mckay another Mullins entry and in at 3rd Fav, did the job okay at Leopardstown,hated the body language though,his tail said he wouldn't be one for the trenches.
West Coast Time could improve though i think Ballyward holds through Drumconnor Lad(certainly hasn't franked the form for them two).
Elliots Blow by Blow has to be the undisputed "form" horse, i haven't a clue to it's well being or plans but beatings of Death duty and Moon Racer has to make one sit up.

Of the longer prices i like Bakmaj(33/1 best) he looks no bigger than a pony but quite taken by his action,good attitude could well be an ew bet, strictly on form he looks held by Getabird through Imperial Way( Getabird 12 lths ahead, Bakmaj a comfortable 5lths) but i won't think that is unsurmountable and certainly won't justify around 8 times the price.
Paloma Blue for de Bromhead deserves a mention very wayward but should improve(the disappointing Moyross line ties in with Carter McKay form).

Know it is a marmite race at the festival, i don't think anything exceptional will come out of this years.
By:
mincer11
When: 07 Feb 17 20:09
I'd say if fayonagh ran in the Cheltenham bumper it would get beat by about 2 furlongs, possibly more. Jamie Codd is on a different planet to every other amateur riding right now , not to mind the likes of Clements and Davy Roche. The ground was vile, it was a mares race, it had the best jockey and it was allowed the run of the race. Obviously by mare standards she's quite smart but there's no way she's the best bumper mare in Ireland, not to mind being up to competing against the top geldings.
By:
frank60
When: 07 Feb 17 20:47
Ballyward is fair Value for money at this stage, i thought he was very impressive in the last furlong at leoparstown, the hill will be no bother for him come Cheltenham time.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Feb 17 22:05
Certainly in the mix Frank.

She well could be 2f behind Mincer,the ground will very likely be against her.
Being a mare it is a pity there doesn't seem anything to give any collateral form line at all.
I think any jockey would have won on her well,J C is riding well.

As said above i haven't a clue what and if anything was wrong with Blow by Blow(maybe someone knows?) The manky part of my mind is wondering given that Gigginstown as far as i know rarely have a bumper runner there,is that M O'L is going for a bit of a feck you Willie. (terrible thoughts i know)
By:
frank60
When: 08 Feb 17 12:23
Willie Mullins won the race 4times in the last 10years or so Pa; he Normally has a few runners in it but his top horse doesn;t allways win,     Briar Hill won at 25/1 a few years back and he only went because there was room for one more horse in the travel arrangements. Its a race i like but i wouldn,t go mad backing anything in the bumper.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 08 Feb 17 12:39
I agree with that as a punting perspective Frank, as a race itself i like it in the sense they are basically babies and just starting on the road in their careers,some are more mature and quick learners.
Going back it has thrown up Florida Pearl and Cue Card who both kept that level through their careers but can also have "one hit wonders" as as you say Briar hill,Cork All Star,Cheltenian.
Overall i think a very decent horse wins and the race deserves a place there.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 11 Feb 17 12:32
Ricchi's Getabird on the drift for over a day, 18,s on exchange and not a bob to back,obviously something wrong,someone knows but nothing announced.
Good bumper clash today,i'd pick the wrong one.
By:
workrider
When: 11 Feb 17 21:55
Pa,was there today ,one of the most miserable days ever going racing I have to say,but the last winner was impressive,only thing that would have me worried is I think soft to heavy is his ground ,he won't get that at Cheltenham.
By:
macrocky
When: 11 Feb 17 22:01
Patricia I heard today in paddys that getabird is out of cheltenham.
By:
macrocky
When: 11 Feb 17 22:02
Pa lapsy  sorry predictive text
Patricia haha
By:
pa lapsy
When: 11 Feb 17 22:13
Haha, i,m not dressing up for ya Macrocky.

Out alright,a few minutes after i put that post up, the odd thing to me they seem to be putting it down to the Gowran run, long time since then and presume horse was showing signs since?

Yes Workrider it was impressive,lot better than it's debut,it looked a bit more willing, it got a soft lead and dictated pace,Sarah wasn't at her best either, surely won't get that next month though the bumper is starting to look poor enough?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Mar 17 17:54
Jamie Codd just been interviewed on ATR,he was very positive about Fayonagh.
The fact he rides her is a huge positive,she is getting the 7 pound allowance another positive.

The final positive is one the haters are going to hate,was first mentioned by the forums top poster.

Mincer jumped in saying it would get beat by 2 furlongs,probably more.
Bigwillystyle thinks she might just win a maiden hurdle.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 10 Mar 17 18:21
I missed that,presume she is taking her chance? Unless the heavens open she won't get her ideal ground, still JC as you say being positive is a big plus, he'd know the time of day,her price under a bit of pressure probably on the back of the interview as well.
Couldn't not do a small bet at 16's with PP there, i really didn't think she was going over.

I probably sholdn't have mentioned him on Norns thread as it fell into the unrelated category but really taken with As You Were yesterday, small man as well.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Mar 17 18:42
As You Were bolted up in what could be a decent Thurles bumper.
Lots were fancied in that bumper including the one owned and trained by the unfortunate Adrian Maguire.
As You Were is flat bred and probably wants better ground so run could be more meritorious.
The owner has a huge gardening centre in Carlow but is still probably a seller

Fayonagh is definitely running in the bumper and Codd is definitely riding.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 10 Mar 17 19:06
The could be anything maxim is applied but nice to see her take her chance.

I don't think that race yesterday done a lot for a few running on Weds, know they can have bad days but Elliots pair tied in with a few. It certainly didn't frank anything.

Adrian Maguire was 1st interviewed before racing yesterday and called his horses chances bang on.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 10 Mar 17 19:39
Why are they bothering bringing her over if she needs soft ground? Bit strange if that's the case,
If she's as good as been made ground won't make a difference, ye know the oul saying good horses win on any ground.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Mar 17 19:52
I said she could be ground dependant.
She seemed so at ease on the heavy ground you would worry about her on good ground.

Jamie Codd didnt even mention ground in his interview,they may think its not a problem.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 10 Mar 17 20:00
The fact they're bringing her can only be seen as a positive, everyone seems to fancy their horse in this bumper though, I was told today debuchet worked like a good thing after racing on Sunday and connection can't see it beaten but as I say everyone seems to think that about their horses at Cheltenham.
By:
alun2005
When: 15 Mar 17 18:37
STUNNING

LAST TO FIRST IN THE CHELTENHAM BUMPER
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Mar 17 18:38
Just simply f--------- awesome.
By:
gav11
When: 15 Mar 17 18:39
Told Ya
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 15 Mar 17 18:45
Amazing performance...in most cases blowing the standing start is a race ender but they went so quickly she was always going to have a chance if she was game and she was...in spades.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 15 Mar 17 18:48
Another top shout from Wildman..........

The stick this fella gets.......Grin
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com